Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199864 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 5 dawns at last
« Reply #765 on: May 11, 2013, 03:02:45 pm »

Okami: You said your inspection was "effectively" an alignment inspection. What was the flavor of the ability?

Also, back when you called yourself an Elder Priest, you also called yourself a miller. That doesn't make a lot of sense when you're the one with the alignment inspect. What did you mean by that?

Webadict: Now I remember! I didn't think the duality of the twin gods of morasadis necessarily meant anything because Meph previously said this was an established setting, not one that was created specifically for this game. Although on rereading, all he said was that he stole the opening lore from a D&D campaign he ran, which doesn't say anything about Morasadis, I guess. Hmm...

(I'm bringing this up to you because you were lambasting us for ignoring it)

I was going over the OP when I noticed this buried in the rules:
Hammers are not a standard part of the game. However, should Hammers come into effect somehow they will work like this: Each of the Two candles works on a separate Hammer requiring over 50% of the possible visible votes on that candle. So, if the candle with the most votes qualifies for a Hammer it is immediately Set. The runner up is only Hammered when it also gains over 50% of the available votes.

This could be what the high priest meant when he said our votes matter more.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 11, 2013, 03:34:50 pm »

...you know, on second thought, I think Meph would tell us if hammers were in effect. Never mind.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 11, 2013, 03:40:16 pm »

Umm...I just got an interesting reply from Meph in a PM so I'm going to repeat the question here, and perform an experiment.

Light Captain Ford Teal
Light Toaster Green

With regards to this:
Balance is enforced. Each of you must vote to Light one Candle and Snuff one Candle today.
Is this a minimum or a maximum?

Also, is this a restriction on the result of the vote, or a restriction on our individual votes?

Will we violate balance if we do not cast both of our votes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 11, 2013, 09:40:23 pm »

Remuthra, Onyxjew, Dariush, NotQuiteThere, Tiruin, Toaster: Why aren't you voting for your own teal candles? Why are most of you not voting at all? You did read Okami's post, right?
To be honest, I'm skeptical of that post of Okami's. It's a [light your Teal and get info, free] deal at the cost of his action--which leaves the snuffing to be the only consensual vote.

Which leaves a fair bit of people needing to light other's candles.

I like that table...but 'Pardon'? O_o

Okami: Any knowledge of why you're the only one standing out during D1--and are our Elder Priest?

Tiruin speaks to the High Priest, "Was there any hierarchy in the clergy? Subordinates or superiors?"

Snuff Ottofar's White.

Anyone have the impression that the number of ight actions correlate to the day #? Odd days = 1 act, even days = 2 acts?

Why won't you claim your God, Toaster? Light Toaster's Green.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 11, 2013, 09:52:12 pm »

Nerjin: Why are you voting for Dariush's teal candle instead of your own? Come to think of it, this is the third day you've voted to light that particular candle. Why are you preoccupied with it?

Because I don't trust Mr. "Vote your teal and get it lit" over there. It seems HIGHLY suspicious. Why would they just out and offer it? To make themselves targets? To screw over the town? It reeks of not good. But if it is true... Well I lose out but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

As for Dariush's candle? Well as I said earlier he reads mostly town to me [a bit unkind be that as it may] but still Town. Besides he's an old hand at these games... I figure if we light the Proffessionals Teals they'll get more information. It's no small knowledge that you and I are surrounded by more experienced players.

Umm...I just got an interesting reply from Meph in a PM so I'm going to repeat the question here, and perform an experiment.

Light Captain Ford Teal
Light Toaster Green

=/quote]

You can only vote to light one candle a day... You quoted it in your post kiddo actually. Why are you doing something that you KNOW can't be done?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 11, 2013, 09:57:15 pm »

As for Dariush's candle? Well as I said earlier he reads mostly town to me [a bit unkind be that as it may] but still Town. Besides he's an old hand at these games... I figure if we light the Proffessionals Teals they'll get more information. It's no small knowledge that you and I are surrounded by more experienced players.
Seriously? More information?!

What kind of bias is this.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 11, 2013, 10:04:22 pm »

Um... What?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 12, 2013, 04:46:34 am »

snip
I'm worshipping Andoras (protip: doing a search for the names of the gods is a good way to gather claims).

And Tiruin, you're an idiot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 12, 2013, 04:56:44 am »

snip
I'm worshipping Andoras (protip: doing a search for the names of the gods is a good way to gather claims).

And Tiruin, you're an idiot.
Come up with new insults smartass, because other than filling your posts with pointless blabber, you could try doing more than that.

Um... What?
Let me bold it. You believe there's some discrepancy towards how players derive their information--experienced vs newbies, huh.

Why?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 12, 2013, 07:06:22 am »

Um... What?
Let me bold it. You believe there's some discrepancy towards how players derive their information--experienced vs newbies, huh.

Why?

Oh that. I'm not saying they actually get more information. I'm just saying it's more likely that, due to their experience, they'll be able to weild it more effectively than someone like myself.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 12, 2013, 10:06:47 am »

Why won't you claim your God, Toaster?
Why does he have to?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 12, 2013, 04:14:59 pm »

To be honest, I'm skeptical of that post of Okami's. It's a [light your Teal and get info, free] deal at the cost of his action--which leaves the snuffing to be the only consensual vote.
Actually, no, we still get to both light and snuff a candle, and we also get all of our teal's lit.

I was initially skeptical too, but going back over Okami's posts, I saw he talked about teal candles A LOT during the first day, and as an Elder Priest who is close to all five gods, it makes sense that his power would be most closely tied to the teal candles. I don't doubt his claim at all because he's conducted himself in a manner that's very logical for the ability's he's claimed.

I like that table...but 'Pardon'? O_o
The first time I saw an ability like that was in KotM3, on the Magistrate role who had the ability to Pardon someone before they were lynched.

The word makes sense in light of real life equivalents, such as the US President's executive power to pardon any criminal of any crime, forestalling their punishment until a later date.

Tiruin speaks to the High Priest, "Was there any hierarchy in the clergy? Subordinates or superiors?"
I think he's unconscious but I intended to test the high priest for a reaction anyways, so go ahead.

Meph: Is the high priest still breathing? Also, what are the names of the gods of morasadis?

Thanks. That occurred to me at some point yesterday, but among the many interruptions, I never actually got around to it. I'm doing that now.

Tiruin: This is kind of old, but...
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot-"
Was this some kind of claim? What were you saying here, exactly?

You've since claimed Nirian as your god, but who or what is Anor? What is the Secret Fire?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 12, 2013, 04:21:02 pm »

@Ford's Last Section: I believe that is a quote from Lord of the Rings.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 12, 2013, 04:26:00 pm »

Nevermind, then.

I bet that sounded profoundly silly.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 12, 2013, 04:33:06 pm »

Currently, we're relying on Okami for a lot. His investigations have confirmed four people as town, and confirming Vector as town further reinforces her claim against Ottofar. His actions so far have been very beneficial to the town in terms of coming to understand the game, so I'm more than willing at this point to put some more trust in him and see how his ability plays out. If he backstabs us here and now, in such a public way, then whoever's left in the aftermath will take him down fast and hard.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 108