Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199878 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 5 dawns at last
« Reply #795 on: May 12, 2013, 09:23:29 pm »

The way I see it, and correct me if I'm wildly mistaken, Green Candles = Night Abilities. If we know what everyone's green candle does we'd know who was taking scummy night actions. Given these premises, I'm calling out Webadict for obstructing the discovery of information that will help track down scum. Is that clear?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 12, 2013, 09:31:23 pm »

The way I see it, and correct me if I'm wildly mistaken, Green Candles = Night Abilities. If we know what everyone's green candle does we'd know who was taking scummy night actions. Given these premises, I'm calling out Webadict for obstructing the discovery of information that will help track down scum. Is that clear?

That's fair enough. However there are a few things I think you're wrong about, and this is only my opinion so feel free to disregard the following:

He wasn't really obstructing it all that much considering that the information was out there for everyone. He just didn't condense it into one space.

Two: His reasons for doing the above were that he felt that saying everything gives scum even more information to use [which it does] so there's that.

Plus, it would seem to me, once he actually gave up the information you should put your vote somewhere else as your information for doing so fades away.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 13, 2013, 12:14:33 am »

Nerjin: It was a guess based on the information I'd gathered. If you were Andoras, it would fit the (rather odd) pattern very well. As it is, we now have 4 Avos claims, 1 Andoras, 2 Nirian, 2 Derala, 2 (tentatively 3) Telmorin and 1 Elder Priest. It would have balanced out nicely if you were Andoras.

Also, the Derala and Nirian pairs were right next to each other on the player list. Dariush and you were also adjacent and he claimed Andoras. It's a rather odd pattern, but it would have fit.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 13, 2013, 12:17:32 am »

Also NQT you are being a twat.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 13, 2013, 01:54:00 am »

Ottofar hasn't even posted yet.
Like that matters.

And on the subject of ONR, about the only way I can see her as scum is if the benefit of not having any (or some specific) candle lit today outweighs the loss of a member of their team, who additionally ingratiated herself as a cop. A kinda creepy thought, if that's true.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 13, 2013, 05:25:42 am »

Ford, I note that that wasn't a specific point against my argument, so given that you have devolved to name calling I can only assume that you have no good reason for Webadict's obstructionism given the fact that we know who has powers and if we know what everyone's powers supposedly are we can better call out the scum. Or do you disagree?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 13, 2013, 05:32:02 am »

Let me put it another way, unless I'm mistaken and anyone correct me if I've got the wrong idea here, but Green Candles Lit = Potential Scum (as we don't have to worry at this stage about scum who can't do anything). The burden of proof for showing that one is innocent falls on those with their green candles lit. By refusing to co-operate with the investigations, Webadict is showing himself to either be scum or a scum enabler.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 13, 2013, 06:01:34 am »

Let me put it another way, unless I'm mistaken and anyone correct me if I've got the wrong idea here, but Green Candles Lit = Potential Scum (as we don't have to worry at this stage about scum who can't do anything). The burden of proof for showing that one is innocent falls on those with their green candles lit. By refusing to co-operate with the investigations, Webadict is showing himself to either be scum or a scum enabler.

Tell us your power.

Either you do this or you are impeding an investigation. If you fail to comply with my demands you must be a scum or scum-enabler. You only get this one chance. If you tell us later you are still scum and I will never let it go.

See how this line of logic may be a little foolish?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 13, 2013, 06:17:31 am »

Sorry, where did he claim his power?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 13, 2013, 08:34:14 am »

So scum with green candles snuffed stop being scum, and the possibility of scum powers not being dependent on green candles is so ridiculous as to be not worthy of even thinking about. Yep, I see where you're going with that. (Hint: you're going to the gallows. Or rather to the healer's hall, never to return, except by the will of your scumbuddies. Because you're scum)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 13, 2013, 08:49:57 am »

That's a distinct possibility, Dariush. A possibility we'd be able to work out if we knew what people's green powers do.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 13, 2013, 10:40:14 am »

Yeah I've gotten pretty slack on this.  Let's start with claims, though I think the only thing in the list I haven't said is my god.

My god is Derala.  I started with my green candle lit and the ability to Roleblock.  I used this on Captain Ford N1.  My green candle was snuffed N1 and I lost the ability.  I haven't had any night actions to take since then.  Given my teal's never been lit, I have never gotten any god info.  I have had no other candle changes since my green was snuffed over N1.  Was that everything?

Ford:  I am not voting because I've been really lazy about this game.  Let's fix that.

Snuff Ottofar White
Light Toaster Teal

I am fairly convinced on Ottofar's scummitude, given I believe Vector is town, she reported a dangerous candle from him, and the scum appear to have done less when he was snuffed.  I support me getting game information at night for reasons that should be blatantly obvious.

Tiruin:
Why won't you claim your God, Toaster? Light Toaster's Green.

I did.  This puts it all neatly in one post, though.

Why pressure me and simultaneously support me?  That takes all the weight out of your question.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 13, 2013, 12:25:04 pm »

Also NQT you are being a twat.
About this, it was late, I was tired, and I regretted it almost as soon as I said it. It was uncalled for, and it wasn't really necessary. Let me see if I can express myself in a better way.

NQT, what I'm seeing is you pouting because "Webadict was being mean!", and sulking off in the corner while the grown-ups have an important discussion without you. At least to me, your argument looks petty and immature and only has the effect of making Webadict look better by comparison.

So scum with green candles snuffed stop being scum, and the possibility of scum powers not being dependent on green candles is so ridiculous as to be not worthy of even thinking about.
On that note, there are at least two unclaimed powers from the first four days: The vote reset, and the candle hiding ability.

Dariush and Nerjin haven't claimed their powers yet, and since Dariush has a town inspect on him, I'm going to guess that...

Dariush: Are you the one who reset the votes?

If Nerjin is the one with the ability to hide candles, that would wrap everything up nicely. But I don't believe that's the case. Unless some people have multiple abilities, then that would necessarily mean at least one of the ability claims is a lie.

If the snuffing and lighting of candles at night are ALSO green candle abilities, then that means we have a bare minimum of two liars, and Nerjin is likely to be one of the scum. But I really don't think that's the case. I think the night changes are the equivalent of the scumkill in a regular game, with the same limitation of "you can only take one night action". I could be wrong, but assuming they're tied to green candles creates a lot more liars and would, I think, disadvantage the scumteam unfairly, since they then wouldn't get role abilities. Or Meph would have to give them multiple abilities, with the 'scumkill' being one of them, and that just seems wrong.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 13, 2013, 12:35:00 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Captain Ford Teal: Captain Ford
Light Dariush Teal: Dariush, Nerjin
Light notquitethere Teal: notquitethere
Light Onyxjew944 Teal: Onyxjew944
Snuff Onyxjew944 White: webadict
Snuff Ottofar White: Dariush, Nerjin, Okami No Rei, Remuthra, Tiruin, Toaster
Snuff webadict Green: notquitethere
Light webadict Teal: webadict
Light Remuthra Teal: Remuthra
Light Toaster Green: Captain Ford, Tiruin
Light Toaster Teal: Toaster
Light Vector White: Okami No Rei

Captain Ford's votes are not in balance, and will not be counted.

Balance is enforced. Each of you must vote to Light one Candle and Snuff one Candle today.
Is this a minimum or a maximum?

Also, is this a restriction on the result of the vote, or a restriction on our individual votes?

Will we violate balance if we do not cast both of our votes?

You only know what has been said and shown.

Tiruin speaks to the High Priest, "Was there any hierarchy in the clergy? Subordinates or superiors?"

The High Priest is insensate and does not respond.

Meph: Is the high priest still breathing? Also, what are the names of the gods of morasadis?

Yes.

They have many names, relating to their positions and abilities. Creator and Destroyer, Preserver and Breaker, Light and Dark. Their true names, if they exist, are never spoken so as not to draw their attention.

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 13, 2013, 12:51:15 pm »

Dariush: Are you the one who reset the votes?
Yep, I am. I didn't want to claim earlier in case some scum decided to fakeclaim being responsible for it, but I guess not. As for the reasons, at the time I didn't want Solifuge's white to be lit (I wanted to light his non-white to test whether this would resurrect him), but the day was coming to an end and I didn't want to risk an extension not passing through. I admit that those are not the best of reasons, but I considered them sufficient at the time.

Also, this ability is named 'Cleansing Rain', which makes Tiruin's 'guess' of saying it has something to do with cleansing all the more suspicious. Too precise to be a random guess, IMO.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 108