Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Realm of Minecraftia [1.4.7] [IC, Buildcraft, and More!] Accepting Applications!  (Read 1377 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I am starting a new Minecraft server, with a roleplay element.
Spoiler: Mods and Plugins (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

An Explanation of Roleplay:
In the world, there are factions. You can be in one faction at a time, and you can create one faction at a time of your own. In a faction, there can be several sub-factions. To create a faction, you must first have me approve your faction. Please give me RP updates to your faction's major events. All the events will be chronicled into the server history. You do not have to RP heavily in the server. However, this is an RP server.
Factions can be made up of multiple people, and can interact. This includes wars, alliances, politics, etc. Server rules may also be bent or broken, providing you consult me for permission. An example of this:
Faction X and Faction Y are warring. Faction Y captures a major city of Faction X. Faction Y consults me, as well as Faction X, and Faction Y is given permission to do something special. Faction Y converts the town into a ruined form, then sets up a camp in the ruins of the city. The event is chronicled as part of the server history.

Current Factions:
There are two current factions, created by the two admins. These are Minecraftia Inc. and the Minecraftian Forest Union. They are both accepting applications.

Spoiler: Membership (click to show/hide)

Donating: Donating is by no means required, but feel free to do so. All donations go toward expanding the server. (Donate Button not yet created)

IP: To be uploaded soon. We are still preparing the server for its opening, but we are taking applications.
The server currently has 10 slots, though we will be expanding it.

The Chronicles of Minecraftia: Also to be uploaded soon, when we finish the preliminary world history.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Faction Application (click to show/hide)

Finally, please voice any suggestions, and we will consider them.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:40:17 pm by Remuthra »

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope you are expanding it. 5 slots is a bit narrow if you want multiple factions. Are you renting or is this your server?

You are open to more mod suggestions?
-Railcraft and possibly Steve's Carts. Good infrastructure and some degree of autofarming capabilities that aren't as lame as forestry. Actually expands rails into the capabilities of pipes and is preferable in some applications. Railway expansion is good for roleplay as well.
-Redpower. Fantastic redstone oriented expansion that feels like an expansion of vanilla MC. Good companion to any industry. Consider a plug-in that allows EU/Blutricity power conversion. I actually like the redpower automation more than IC's automation.
-If you want any kind of interesting warfare, consider adding or intentionally leaving out the MFFS mod. Recently underwent an overhaul and I haven't tried the new stuff, but it's generally an essential multiplayer companion to IC.
-Bibliocraft. No reason not to have it. Adds really nice stuff like working shelves.
-Modular powersuits. Really overpowered compared to vanilla armor, BUT actually great when it's power vs power. The powersuits are fully customizable with everything from jetpacks to gliders all adjustable with slider bars for strength vs power consumption, but more and better is heavier and slower and drains power faster. So a suit can be anything between a light Tribes suit to an immobile bulwark with a one minute battery. Really really expands the PvP and faction options IMO and is a good resource dump for all the tech.

There's a LOT more, but these are just off the top of my head as most essential to consider.

Essentials plugin leads me to bukkit or craftbukkit... you running bukkit? There are other, newer, and possibly better options to consider.

Really looking forward to a new B12 server.

edit: wait, why 1.4.5? I don't see why not 1.4.7, and at that matter I don't see why not a modified FTB pack because I'm lazy like that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 11:31:01 pm by Zyxl »

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

Sounds like an interesting idea, but you'd need way more than 5 slots. 20 or so would be the minimum for faction warfare.

I'd also suggest one of the many FTB modpacks. They all add a lot more re-playability to the game, and make things like factories actually work like you'd expect a factory to
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

-1.4.5 because that's the latest version of Industrialcraft.
-We are planning to expand to 10 slots soon.
-We are renting.
-FTB has RedPower. One of the server goals was to not have Redpower, because I don't like it. That's another discussion though.
-I don't have much of any experience with plugins, so if there's something better than bukkit, please inform me.
-Didn't know modular forcefields was updated. In it goes.
-Railcraft is in as well.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 06:32:33 am by Remuthra »

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-1.4.5 because that's the latest version of Industrialcraft.
Nah, that's the latest public build. You want 1.115 which works with 1.4.7 and has some bug fixes. It's in open beta, look here:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=8831
Best though if you grab a 1.4.7 modpack off a launcher like FTB though to ensure inter-mod compatibility for specific versions. Though looks like they're running 1.115-r231

Also, bibliocraft when you're running a version it supports (1.4.7). Seriously, look at some of the stuff it adds.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Alright, does someone know how to mod using FTP? If I can do that, I can get things set up and build the towns, and we can get started.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Well, it took a lot of work, but the server is up and the modlist is published. We will be building the neccesary parts of the world and writing the preliminary world history, and then the server can open.

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We will be building the necessary parts of the world and writing the preliminary world history, and then the server can open.
Bumping for interests. How goes the world building?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

We finished the spawn, and we're working on the two starting cities. Progress is hampered by school, XCOM, and me needing to landscape a lot.

Still going though.