Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Scumteam Wins!)  (Read 44931 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Full)
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2013, 05:03:37 am »

EBWODP:
My reads are a little outdated, I gave them a few touch-ups before posting them, but not much. Just a warning in advance behind.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2013, 11:13:00 am »

For those of you wondering where your handsome/pretty IC Nerjin is well... RL issues. I'll be on later today however and I will sort through all of these posts and give my reads on all players at that time. Thank you for your patience.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2013, 01:56:46 pm »

Griffionday (1) -- borno
RangerCado (0) --
borno (2) -- Okami No Rei, RangerCado
Imperial Guardsman (2) -- Spectr, Deathsword
Okami No Rei (0) --
swordsmith04 (0) --
Spectr (0) --
Nerjin (0) --
Deathsword (0) --

Not Voting: Imperial Guardsman, swordsmith04, Nerjin, Griffionday

Day will end at 18/04/2013 (DD/MM/YYYY) at 18:00 GMT. 22 hours remaining.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2013, 04:13:13 pm »

Lastly, Everyone:
If everyone could present their reads, that would be grand. Here are mine:

Griffionday: Seems towny, answers questions and generally helps with the scum hunting. A bit Defensive though

Nerjin: More of a null-read on, hasn't really posted much

RangerCado: Null read, leaning a little town

Deathsword: Also null, doesn't seem to have done much so far

Swordsmith: Leaning town, gives good questions and thorough answers, if sometimes incorrect

Okami: Slightly scummy, rather verbose and lurky (RL issues)

IG: Slightly scummy, lazy, lurks, active lurking although he says he hates active lurking

No read on me, eh? What're you hiding ;)

As for my reads, I am a bit busy right now. I'll post 'em up later tonight
Word

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2013, 07:40:15 pm »

Scelly:
*cough**cough**cough*

borno:
I know you kept hinting that you were only pressing me to see my reaction and that I didn't seem particularly notable either way.  Changing your vote after two people start pressuring you is a bit suspicious though.  Should I just chalk that up to really awkward timing, or did the pressure force you to reexamine your case on me and realize you were tunneling a bit hard?

Also note that good play trumped stupid play in the BM you linked.  Do you have an example where it successfully ended in the lynch of the scum?

I love my scumhunting thank you very much! I've said this at least twice, but I'll tell you a third time. I am not lazy, I have bad cases because strong cases don't magically appear in RVS stage. Will you at least take the time to read over my posts before making a case on me?
You did say "I'm not attempting to hunt badly, I just can't hunt well."  But I see how you could have meant that you're not capable of hunting well.

Deathsword:
Please tell me you have more to contribute than just that one post.

Ranger:
He seems to be overreacting in his butchered quote post (please use the preview button guys) bordering on the line of anger or just sheer annoyance. And why the mafiascum reference? Mafia lingo can be applied from any source as long as the majority understand the meaning. And sugesting that someone can find all of the scum from RVS seems ridiculous to me. (it should have been worded better really)
Since when have anger and annoyance by themselves been scum reads?
Why does being pedantic in his argument to elicit a reaction from me read as scum?
How did you misread his case by so much?

You've been taking this whole thing a bit too seriously with Griff, all i see is you getting more and more annoyed about Griff's answers, despite the fact that they seem to be accurate and truthful to me. If you can give me solid evidence here of Griff being scummy, or you not, i may remove my vote but for now it seems that all your doing is taking a shot in the dark without any results.
Why the ultimatum?  Why are explicitly saying what may change your vote rather than poking him about the areas without making any promises?

General reads:
RangerCado could be more active, slight scum read.
borno I'm reading as town as he did seem to really care about the arguments he's presented against me.
Imperial Guardsman hasn't been around.  I'm leaning scum, but that could just be a case of unfamiliar play-style.
Okami No Rei seems to be pompous, which hopefully will be hilarious.
swordsmith04, leaning noob town,
Spectr hasn't been around much.  Could be a joker and I still wouldn't have a read on him.
Nerjin busy but feels town.
Deathsword seems busy but my read is leaning scum due to his saying that he'd post and then not posting anything with any substance.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2013, 07:44:48 pm »

Scelly:
*cough**cough**cough*
Dammit.

Griffionday (0) --
RangerCado (0) --
Imperial Guardsman (2) -- Spectr, Deathsword
Okami No Rei (0) --
swordsmith04 (0) --
Spectr (0) --
Nerjin (0) --
Deathsword (0) --

Not Voting: Imperial Guardsman, swordsmith04, Nerjin, Griffionday, Borno

Day will end at 18/04/2013 (DD/MM/YYYY) at 18:00 GMT. 16 hours remaining.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2013, 07:51:54 pm »

Okami No Rei:
swordsmith04
If I was a vig and didn't have any idea who the remaining scum were, and there was enough information to be gained from it whether the player flipped scum or town, then yes, I would. This is assuming most or all of the town is stuck, not just myself.
Could you provide an example situation where you think this would be the case?
Admittedly, in a scenario where town has few or no leads the potential benefit of a town-flip is small. A confirmed townie does mean that everyone can compare their reads to the known townie's, and we can examine how that townie interacted with the others. Not worth the vig-kill by itself. The chance of hitting scum instead is the main reason I might do it, not only for actually killing the scum but giving us a chance to root out their scumbuddy, too, if they're still in play. I should probably have been less definitive about it, really. More like 'I (probably) would'. The chance of me hitting scum and getting us back on track with one or more possible targets is probably better than scum slipping up at that stage, since up until that point the entire town has been fooled.

borno:

Griffionday - Town
RangerCado - Null, leaning towards town. Looks to be taking cues from Griffionday
borno - Null leaning scum.
Imperial Guardsman - Scum
Okami No Rei - Null, leaning slightly scum. Conveniently missed most of D1 despite having logged on to Bay12 at least once without posting in the thread during that time.
Spectr - Null. Leaning scum for lurking. On rereading, they didn't seem to be lurking all that much. Their posts have little to no content, though, so I'll keep my reading as is.
Nerjin - IC; Null until proven otherwise. Leaning slight town.
DeathSword - IC; Null until proven otherwise. Leaning slight town.

Imperial Guardsman:
You show up for the game a day late and provide no excuse, posting five times in a row and making your response look larger than it actually was. Your answers are short, mostly unexplained, and inadequate. Your only attempt at RVS is to question an IC on how a scum would try to appear town. Despite being asked to clarify one of your answers, you then disappear for three days, and when you show up again you ignore the clarification request and my question. I and DeathSword immediately prompt you for answers and Okami No Rei asks you a third question, and you still haven't answered us yet, over a day later. Despite last being active on the forums less than an hour before this post. Counting your pentuple (Is this even a word? Bah, you all know what I mean.) posting as one post, you have posted in this thread exactly twice since the game began, five days ago. Explain to me why we shouldn't lynch you right now, scum?

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2013, 10:42:49 pm »

Griffionday - Null to twon
RangerCado - Null to slight town
borno - Slighty leaning towards scum as he seems a bit quick to attack, and doesn't seem to scum hunt only defend himself.
Imperial Guardsman - Scum, as you don't seem to posting all that much, and when you do you don't seem to try to answer any questions too well.
Okami No Rei - Null to slight scum as he was missing for a while
Swordsmith - Slight town
Nerjin - Slight Town
DeathSword - Null

I think that's everyone
Word

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2013, 11:15:44 pm »

Griff: I was trying (and failing) to play 3 games at once and i have another reason you know of in Web's game. I'm leaving Meph's B. Mod so i can focus more on this game. Gonna reread the whole thread and get back here with some reads.

Also, EXTEND
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2013, 11:43:49 am »

Griffionday (0) --
RangerCado (0) --
Imperial Guardsman (3) -- Spectr, Deathsword, swordsmith04
Okami No Rei (0) --
swordsmith04 (0) --
Spectr (0) --
Nerjin (0) --
Deathsword (0) --

Not Voting: Imperial Guardsman, Nerjin, Griffionday, Borno

Day will end at 18/04/2013 (DD/MM/YYYY) at 18:00 GMT. 17 minutes remaining.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:47:37 am by Scelly9 »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2013, 11:45:23 am »

Aren't 2 of those votes on Imperial from RVS? well, this is bad.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2013, 11:52:39 am »

{A RVS vote may become a real vote if there are sufficient reasons. It is quite a common occurence}
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2013, 12:00:04 pm »

Imperial Guardsman is taken to a corner of the cave. One of you raises a large rock above his head. "Wait, wait don't..." Crack. It only takes one blow, he's gone. You search his belongings but find nothing to indicate he's anything more than just a simple miner.

Imperial Guardsman has been lynched! He was a Miner.

Everyone seems tired after the execution, and heads back to the main cave. You all drift off one by one, until everyone is fast asleep.

Power Roles, please PM me your choices, Mafia, please PM me your kill choices after deliberating.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:52:59 am by Scelly9 »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2013, 05:47:04 pm »

You realizes that something is wrong immediately after you wake up. You wake everyone up, well, almost everyone. Griffionday stays asleep, and after a quick check, you confirm that he's going to be asleep permanently.

Griffionday has been nightkilled! He was a Miner.

Day 2 will end Day will end at 24/04/2013 (DD/MM/YYYY) at 18:00 GMT. 72:00 Hours left.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2013, 06:02:37 pm »

I'm honestly a bit flattered.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24