Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 12: Game has started  (Read 29795 times)

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Presenting Dom3 Round 12: No longer accepting people
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2013, 09:09:21 pm »

You might also want to plan to deal with Arco (though everyone should) as that nation can do some very nasty things.

Erm.... care to give me a hint? Other than a good early game I'm not exactly sure which strengths should be leveraged, which weaknesses solved for, etc.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dom3 Round 12: Game is up and players should be submiting Pretenders
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2013, 09:22:57 pm »

Magic and communions.  Lots of them.  Go through this if you want to get a good idea of Acro's strengths.  Reading this LP is one of the things that got me into Dominions.

http://lparchive.org/Dominions-3/Update%2001/
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2013, 10:04:20 pm »

Huh, what are those letters on his strategic map that seem to show likely sites?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2013, 10:24:10 pm »

Arcoscephale's dominion offers it improved information on areas within it (stuff like population and gold), as well as information on unsearched sites. The site reports are usually pretty inaccurate though.

e: actually it is every Arcoscephale, not just LA. I do not know my nations! :(

e2: and the wiki says that Arcoscephale's scrying doesn't provide information about sites. Perhaps this was changed in a patch? The LP is rather old.

e3: on further investigation (actually looking at the LP) I have no idea what the hell is going on.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:32:35 pm by Darkwind3 »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2013, 01:42:33 am »

Heya, wrong thread. When I login to post somewhere it goes to the last thread I viewed before that one.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:08:05 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2013, 03:06:11 am »

Arco also has really good though high in resources cost human heavy infantry and healers to cure afflictions.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2013, 06:20:36 am »

STOP GIVING THEM INFO!

Also, I'll be doing my turn tonight (busy at work right now)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2013, 08:56:51 am »

I personally really don't mind if we all learn a little, the pros already know, the newbs and so on can learn from it.

I played around with pangaea a bit, but find myself struggling with a bless-strat, it just isn't my kinda horse... or centaur-ya-know? Resource costs are outragously high, which also makes me struggle... sure, I can do a bit of everything, but... not really?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2013, 09:20:16 am »

Okay, Tien Chi and Mictlan have submitted Pretenders so if you have already submitted it didn't work if you aren't me or Karlito. Just in case a refresher on how to submit pretenders.
First of all, you need to download the map and the mod, and put the files into the map and mod folders of your dom3 installation respectively.
Then go to the options menu and enable the mod.
Next use the pretender creation tool in the game tools menu to create a pretender and send the file(to be found in your /dominions3/savedgames/newlords; named <your_nation_era_number.2h>, where number is most likely "0" if it's the only pretender you've created so far for this nation.) to "pretenders [at ] llamaserver [dot ] net" with the game name as the subject.
Game name is "Bay12GamesRound12".
   After you submit your pretender you should receive a email back confirming the submission. The game page is Here and you can see various things about the game there such as who has submitted their character before the game starts and who has turned in their turns after the game starts.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:23:12 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Waterplouf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2013, 09:57:48 am »

Hey I know it's probably far too late to ask for it, but do any of you have tips for LA C'tis ?
I've been following all your discussions here and I really feel like the guy that hasn't done is homework  :P. I've pretty much picked C'tis because hey, they look cool. Unfortunately I don't find any guide for them on the dom3Wiki. But oh well I don't really ask for a full guide on them, but maybe just a little tip on their strength and weakness if any of you know them ?

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2013, 10:11:56 am »

Right I'll send my pretender tonight then

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2013, 12:42:08 pm »

Waterplouf, it looks like from their units and spells that LA C'tis is undead based. With their holy spells you can buff your undead units to better protect them from banishment and buff their attack ability. One thing to make note of is that instead of just making some random guy a prophet you have 3H in the Lizard King. Get one and make him a prophet for the 4H will let you use your one national spell (Power of the Reborn King) which gives +4 attack and action points to all undead on the battlefield. Combined with the 3H spell (Royal Protection) which gives +4 magic resistance to all friendly undead that fail a easy MR test on the battlefield you can power up your undead easily early game. I won't go any further though I have seen a few things to take advantage of, you just have to look at what units you can get and summon. Oh and skele spam, it will let you take early provinces, especially with the prior mentioned spells. Of course this is all done as theorycrafting as I haven't actually tried any of this and someone else should probably chime in if they see anything wrong with what I have said.

Edit: I found a guide, don't know how good it is though.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 01:57:01 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Waterplouf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2013, 01:53:23 pm »

Waterplouf, it looks like from their units and spells that LA C'tis is undead based. With their holy spells you can buff your undead units to better protect them from banishment and buff their attack ability. One thing to make note of is that instead of just making some random guy a prophet you have 3H in the Lizard King. Get one and make him a prophet for the 4H will let you use your one national spell (Power of the Reborn King) which gives +4 attack and action points to all undead on the battlefield. Combined with the 3H spell (Royal Protection) which gives +4 magic resistance to all friendly undead that fail a easy MR test on the battlefield you can power up your undead easily early game. I won't go any further though I have seen a few things to take advantage of, you just have to look at what units you can get and summon. Oh and skele spam, it will let you take early provinces, especially with the prior mentioned spells. Of course this is all done as theorycrafting as I haven't actually tried any of this and someone else should probably chime in if they see anything wrong with what I have said.
thanks a lot akhier, that was exactly the kind of advice I was looking for :) . I am going to do a lot of reading on my side when I get a little more time also. I think I'll submit my pretender tomorrow morning or later tonight if I have the time, don't want to hold everything up.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2013, 02:00:56 pm »

This might have some useful tidbits if you haven't seen it already:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=427

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2013, 02:05:14 pm »

Yes, thats what I linked in my edit and it seems overall decent now that I have read it some.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28