Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169471 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 3]
« Reply #1080 on: June 26, 2013, 09:18:26 pm »

Extend, I'd like to make a proper post tomorrow.  In particular, we need to sort out the whole Captain Ford thing and pick a proper target so it isn't just a randomkill.

Leafsnail-san
"I think your response seems more earnest than if you'd obviously made up a nonsense response about the spooky house. It's possible that someone else arrived at the house but their silhouette was obscured."
I guess.  It may also be possible for some people to act without leaving their house, as Cado claimed to be able to do.

Extend - I have not had nearly enough time to devote to this and I have no further time to do so tonight.

Shinigami_King:
extend. Sorry everyone.
YOU NEED TO BOLD THIS.

Toaster:
It's not a cult. They were sharing a house.
What makes you say this?  From the flavor, I don't see this conclusion at all.

Maybe because we are down 5 players but only 4 houses? Or maybe it could be:
I'm talking about cosmetic stuff like my hair color, gender, etc. Something about me definitely sets me apart.

Sue me, but I'm not all that eager to help third parties find their targets.
That sounds like ToonyMan making a joke about visual genre conventions

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 26, 2013, 09:51:22 pm »

Extend, shall have time for a proper post only tomorrow night.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 26, 2013, 10:21:36 pm »

Extend

Captain Ford:
Toaster:
What makes you say this?  From the flavor, I don't see this conclusion at all.

Maybe because we are down 5 players but only 4 houses? Or maybe it could be:
Ottofar-san and Solifuge-san have lost!  House 1 has been evicted!

If it were a cult, then an additional house would have been closed when Solifuge was recruited, or when he lost. Neither happened, so the obvious conclusion is that they shared that house from the beginning.

Alternately, Solifuge moved in... but why wouldn't Soli's old house have emptied?  Hmm.

Toony:  Is it possible that there is an empty house that is not closed for whatever reason?

I'm not third party, but I almost certainly am (or was) a target for somebody else's wincon.
You've already claimed a lot- why not claim enough to define this?
I'm talking about cosmetic stuff like my hair color, gender, etc. Something about me definitely sets me apart.

Sue me, but I'm not all that eager to help third parties find their targets.

???

I don't get it, but fair enough if you don't want to claim further.

Let me just ask you this bluntly- do you currently have a wincon at all?
Yes. I win when the "mafia" are kicked out of school or no longer a problem.

Okay.

Tiruin:  I simply do not have the patience tonight to deal with you.  In the morning.

NQT:
"First things first: Dariush-yogisha, so I don't get instalynched because three people can't spot when people obviously aren't bullies. Tiruin-sama, I'll get to you in a second."

This is one of the worst defenses I've seen.  I mean the underlined bit, not the vote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 27, 2013, 01:33:38 am »

*sigh* NQT, I am tired of you flaunting how obviously town you are (hint: you aren't), bandwagoning on two separate days for no reason and continuing not doing anything useful at all for the third day running. Besides who knows, maybe birdy will again decide that I am the most useless person in this game and my lynch is preferable to NQT's.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: June 27, 2013, 05:47:11 am »

"Toaster-san, legitimately what is your case for my expulsion? Also, you speak about me not contributing but, for instance, your last message conveyed almost no information: you chatted a bit with Ford-san, asked the senpai a question, said you couldn't deal with Tiruin-sama, and then blustered for a bit about my defense. Do I look like a bully? Have I been acting like a bully? More so than anyone else? In a word, no. I've been slightly absent from proceedings and to make up I've tried to offer information useful to my schoolmates. And you know that, you're just being lazy (or you yourself are a bully)."

"Dariush-yogisha, I think saving a known non-bully is a very good reason to bandwagon, but I can understand your lack of sympathy on this point."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 27, 2013, 05:53:32 am »

"Deathsword-san, I note that you've been on 100% of the expulsions of non-bullies so far. Why should anyone trust your judgment when the vast majority of the school could tell that, for instance, Ranger-kun was obviously not a bully?"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 27, 2013, 06:30:20 am »

"And to note on that death thing..it seems like Soli-san is tied to Phantom-san. He followed her, if you'd note the last declaration by our principal...But I'd really like to know how those aren't 'town-aligned'.
If that's not a cult, I'll eat my proverbial hat.
"Ford-san! Just spotted this reading back through class transcripts... I was there in house 1 and I saw only evidence that it was Phantom-san's house. It's possible that Soli-chan was living like a cat out on the street (perhaps gazing lovingly through the window?) or she was just rooming at Phantom-san's house, either way, I don't think they were a cult, more like lovers."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 27, 2013, 01:05:22 pm »

Tiruin:
Do I need to draw you a picture?

I was fully intending to do so, but came up completely empty on artistic inspiration.  Alas.

In any case, I will address your asinine questions.  Anything to do with NQT should be covered in my response to him below.

"You suspected he was mafia, on what basis? I stated it was elusive due to your points on Cado's case. Your points were outlined, and you being defensive really tips me off that they weren't as sincere as I first thought."

Your notes on him being anti-town along with what you accuse him of are evident in the way on how you define him without giving him any say on those points.

I get annoyed when I'm asked to repeat myself endlessly.

I'm unsure if I typed this out before, but the list that you spoilered was purely on him not wanting to claim his house #, and it was clarified by the reason of 'scum will target me.' That makes a lot more sense when you can't leave your house, huh.

If he didn't want scum attention, he shouldn't have claimed at all.  If he did want to be visited, he should have claimed his house straight away.  If he had done either of those things, he would not have attracted my suspicion.  His claim was presented in a very scummy manner. 

Because I'm not seeing the difference in viewpoints here judging by the reluctance on house # claiming based purely on the simpler case of 'so I can wincon.'

Which was a crucial part of your case, right?

Explain this to me:  What benefit did Ranger have in claiming his wincon without claiming his house number?  All I can see coming from it is either "Don't lynch me I'm not scum" or "I'm not town so that's why I'm not hunting." 

NQT:
"Toaster-san, legitimately what is your case for my expulsion?

You're not hunting scum.

Let's review:

Also, you speak about me not contributing but, for instance, your last message conveyed almost no information: you chatted a bit with Ford-san, asked the senpai a question, said you couldn't deal with Tiruin-sama, and then blustered for a bit about my defense.

Deflection.

Do I look like a bully?

Yes.

Have I been acting like a bully?

Yes.

More so than anyone else?

Yes.

In a word, no.

Somehow you seem to have gotten it in your head that this is up to you to decide.  See here for another example.

I've been slightly absent from proceedings and to make up I've tried to offer information useful to my schoolmates.

Here's the thing; there's a name for this.  It's Information Instead of Analysis, and it's scummy.  It's a form of active lurking where you post information (that's either publicly available or unhelpful) and pass that off as contributing.  It doesn't help, and it only serves to mask your lack of helpfulness.

And you know that, you're just being lazy (or you yourself are a bully)."

Kiss my ass.

"I voted Dariush-yogisha before because he spent his whole time moaning about Soli-chan's charming pictures rather than actually searching for bullies.

I'm voting you because you're spending your time spinning excuses and loudly proclaiming your townhood rather than actually searching for bullies.

Let's look at your first post of the day:

Small Claims

Student #[NQT] wakes with a start from a sneaky snooze beneath a book.

"Oh! There were some things I wanted to say. POTL-san was Cool Boots-chan (the one I talked about yesterday) and lived in house 1. I was redirected there on night one.

"Miss Leafsnail-san, I went to your house last night and it was FUCKING TERRIFYING. Explanations please."

Okay, great, you've claimed this.  Where are you conclusions?  How has this helped you find scum?  I say you're using this as a shield to hide yourself from actual hunting.

NQT:  You are lurky as hell and totally noncommittal, though.  Why don't you give us some suspects?
"Well, Toaster-san, I think Leafsnail-san is, if not a bully, then a possibly-not-benign third-party, so there's that. More suspicions to follow as I step up my investigatory efforts!"

This is not a conclusion.  This is an extremely non-committal hypothesis.  You're distancing yourself from saying anyone is scum.

"Deathsword-san, I note that you've been on 100% of the expulsions of non-bullies so far. Why should anyone trust your judgment when the vast majority of the school could tell that, for instance, Ranger-kun was obviously not a bully?"

This one is godawful.  First, that's not a scumtell, especially when the sample size is two.  People can be wrong.  Second, the second sentence is simply stupid.  If the "vast majority" didn't think he was scum, why was he lynched?  You're simply inventing a case on Deathsword, here.

Dariush:  While I agree that NQT is scum, that was quite the bandwagon vote there.  What makes NQT more scummy than Birdy to you now?

Birdy:  Eagerly awaiting your expanded read.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 27, 2013, 02:38:06 pm »

Vote Count

(0)Griffion -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(1)Toaster - Tiruin
(0)Tiruin -
(3)Dariush - Shinigami_King, Leafsnail, Notquitethere
(0)Zombie Urist -
(0)Shinigami_King -
(0)Deathsword -
(4)Notquitethere - Zombie Urist, Deathsword, Toaster, Dariush
(0)Birdy51 -

(3)Not Voting: Giffion, Captain Ford, Birdy51

Day 3 has been extended to Friday 6/28 at 11 PM EST

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 27, 2013, 03:36:44 pm »

Shinigami_King
You are scum because you placed your vote on Dariush and then have refused to answer allegations of the validity of your case.  You tried to OMGUS someone directly after they accused you of minimum activity and RVS questions.  Now you're refusing to comment on the matter even though your pitiful case has been shown to be just that.  You blindly tried to rationalize your idiotic vote by appearing to provide a complete list of Dariush's posts leading up to that point.  You completely left out valid points that Dariush made by calling them "fluff".  You then accuse him of various little things that don't even constitute scumtells and other points that are completely circumstantial and purely based on Nerjin being scum as well.

Why are you so sure Nerjin is scum?

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 27, 2013, 06:10:09 pm »

Well, I'm back temporarily. Also, no one go saying it's because pup voted for me. Timing is timing :I

I have lost track of this game and revolution due to not being able to devote a good amount of time to the forums as of late. (this should be read as "no time at all") I'll try to get back on the ball. I'm free Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights at minimum so I should be quite active in the near future.

Pup, I will reply shortly.

Dariush, did I miss something? I don't remember seeing you respond to the case directed to you in the slightest!
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 27, 2013, 06:58:17 pm »

Did no one read Soli's role name? She was a maid. Though she might have lived in house 1, it probably didn't belong to her.

On that note, I'd like honest views from everyone. I'm wondering if most of the female-roles here are third-party compared to males.
You want people to both claim their sex and whether they're third party or not?
How did you reach that conclusion from Tiruin's post?

"Those are some very weak cases for a lynch.
It might help if you explain why you think they are weak.

ZU: "Same applies to you. Your case on Ranger was nothing but 'he's scummier than Dariush' without explaining how. You said that You'd respond to my questions. You respond to the another set of questions Something which wasn't in the SAME post which is intended to be answered, denoted by the 'ignore' part which I see is a subtle way or wording around my questions stated A few bits above it.
I didn't see the questions in that post b/c they were in a quote block.  ::)

Doesn't match up. HOW.
Reasons not wanting to claim. HOW.
Countering the argument on Dar's tunneling, HOW?
Flavor claim being total BS. HOW?!!?
Because he needs a guy to visit him but doesn't want to claim her house number.
Claims she doesn't want to claim her house number because scum might target her, but this doesn't advance his win-con. Also theres no reason for scum to target her.
Also also continuously delaying her house number claim when asked.
I don't see Dariush tunneling.
Her flavor claim was very empty, as if she was lying about her wincon. Also she said "she was coming to school because it was kicking ppl out" which you even said doesn't make any sense, so it was very likely she was making the entire thing up, which means its very possible she was making everything about her role up.

"I voted Dariush-yogisha before because he spent his whole time moaning about Soli-chan's charming pictures rather than actually searching for bullies.
The funny thing about this is that you said you were voting him not because you thought he was a bully, but he was being 'rude and inconsiderate'. 1
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 27, 2013, 07:32:52 pm »

Alternately, Solifuge moved in... but why wouldn't Soli's old house have emptied?  Hmm.
I'd think that they weren't a cult, for a couple of reasons.

1. The aim is explicitly to get rid of bullies.  It'd be odd to have another unmentioned scum force (although it wouldn't be strange to have anti-town third parties).
2. A maid is a role that matches up as the servant of a princess.  Considering the silhouettes it seems unlikely that Solifuge's role changed midgame.

This is poor logic, especially when yesterday's lynch wasn't actually on a townie.  Voting Dariush purely to try and save yourself was pretty terrible too.  Do you actually think that Dariush is scum, and why did you want me to try and make an additional case purely to convince you earlier?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 27, 2013, 08:03:52 pm »

NQT
As was said by both Toaster and Leafsnail, this reeks of desperate scum/third party trying to create a bullshit case. Lenglon acted scummy, and was lynched for it. She was town, but I've yet to see a game where such things do not happen. Ranger was third-party, and also scummy for doing things that went against his claimed wincon. And more importantly, he was third party. Which means not town. Which means town has absolutely nothing to lose, and scum's only gain was not being lynched, with a dead third party. And, as was mentioned, if the majority didn't want Ranger lynched then he wouldn't be dead right now.

NQT, while your post frequency has increased, they are all deflections, attemps to look like town or deflection. You are either scum or third party.

But there is something I want to know: you can clearly go to others' houses, but what were you trying to do there?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 27, 2013, 08:06:33 pm »

Big Claim
NQT coughs lightly and addresses the whole class, laying bear secrets under pressure

"Ah to hell with it. I'm a similar third-party alignment as Ranger-kun, and unless I'm very much mistaken I think a lot of you are too (Tiruin-sama for instance).Unlike Ranger-kun, I can move freely about at night. I win if I spend a night alone with a town boy. This is what Ranger-kun meant when they said that they could confirm a town alignment.

"Here's the thing: I can't be bullied away in the night, so you'll all be doing the bullies a massive favour if you suspend me now.

"So you all have to ask yourself one question: will getting rid of me bring you any closer to finding the bullies? I'm an extra pair of eyes in the night. As I can't win by spending a night with a bully boy, it's in my interests to hunt down the bullies (and the easiest way to do that is to catch them in the act). My bully-immunity makes me a great town asset. So are you going to throw that away?"
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 100