Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 164199 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #270 on: May 31, 2013, 12:43:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think its going to make it harder and take more time.

Spoiler: Zombie Urist (click to show/hide)
Most helpful: scumhunting. Least helpful: excessive roleplay. (like in KWN:Pandar edition) I expect to lead.

zombie urist: "You're pretty silent. Why are you pretty silent?"
Don't know.

To start with, I would like to hear from everyone: which tell do you think is most valid?  Which tell do you think is least valid?
Most valid: bandwagoning, Least valid: lurking

Lenglon: You put the third RVS vote on Ford. Is there a reason for doing so?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 31, 2013, 01:00:52 pm »

"Because he's creepy!" (no scumhunting-related reason, just an IC one)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 31, 2013, 01:13:47 pm »

So much custom art.

I forgot to mention, I'll try to do a vote count every 24 hours.

EDIT:
I also forgot to add to the end of the Day 1 start lore as to why everybody is voting to kick people out again.  Basically there's been reports of bullying again and a somewhat milder version (as of yet) version of the past 31 years ago incident is happening.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:20:00 pm by ToonyMan »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 31, 2013, 01:39:04 pm »

Request Replacement

I refuse to play with Ford after what he just pulled in The Great Temple.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 31, 2013, 02:07:15 pm »

Shinigami King: Let's say you have a one shot day-kill and it's MYLO, there's one guy that you suspect, but the rest of the town is for killing a different guy who claims that he's lynch-proof. Who, if anyone, do you shoot?

Lenglon: You're a Jailkeeper and there's two people you could target tonight: One of them is confirmed town, the other is confirmed to have an extremely useful ability that may be necessary to the town's victory, but you're less sure of their standing. Who do you target?

Phantom of the Library: Should the man pay for dinner?
Only if the woman didn't bring any dear Ford-sama.

Phantom: Whats the best year to get married?
Whatever year you happen to be doing so.

Good morning, everyone!

To start with, I would like to hear from everyone: which tell do you think is most valid?  Which tell do you think is least valid?
Most? Probably inconsistency like Toaster said, but there's really no single tell that stands out that stands out and says: "They're scum" immediately. Least would be bandwagoning, as the current meta stands.
How about you?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 31, 2013, 02:09:55 pm »

Remove Replacement Request

I'll have to do my read later unfortunately. I'll share everythng once I'm done with that.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 31, 2013, 02:13:41 pm »

PFP- Can't sleep. Nightmare.

So much custom art.
I don't care if D1 isn't over yet, put this game in the Notable Games Archive.
This holds true. I can't help but admire how cute Solifuge does his kittykat.

Lenglon, please don't use this colour, it's unreadable on Darkling.
Actually, all colors are readable on Darkling. Purple is muchly readable on darkling..must be your eyes. :P

...But mediumorchid works too! Hope you like chocolate.

NQT because nobody will miss him
#[NQT] glares at the extremely rude Dariush-yōgisha, who has always been a bully (if not necessarily a murdering one).
"Come now, NQT. Surely you can't hate a person just because he is being mean to you? Dariush seems like that mean person with a bad attitude, but I'm betting its not his fault because he's like that.

"Local factors on personality aside, why're you suspecting the guy because he doesn't like you?"

My IC voice is also my player voice. Darn you Toony :P

"When people are too assertive that they lack any sort of lead or that they seem to wish to undermine the other on loose facts as well as appealing to the general notion. The latter differs, but you can..err, feel the difference. I dunno how to explain that contextually, but I'm not seeing that much right now."

Ford needs to explain himself as he seems to be waiting on time more than hunting scummies.

"As for least valid, that'd be voting another person out because of the heck of it..of which I'm seeing many people do, for some reason. Now I'm guessing it'd either be the tension or that people are loving the situation we're in. That's dumb, because we still have scummies here and taking advantage of this carefreeness is one thing I'm watching out for.-

"Oh right, least valid. Err, that. It mostly depends on the context for me.."

"Yeah..how?"

*ahem* "I mean, how in this current time is bandwagoning a tell?..Actually, expound on that bandwagoning idea you've got and how it relates to being your #1 tell?"

Nerjin

Request Replacement

I refuse to play with Ford after what he just pulled in The Great Temple.
"B-wuh? I hope its just emotions speaking there and that you'd reconsid-"
PPE
"..what was that about?"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 31, 2013, 02:29:21 pm »

Solifuge, so I'm assuming that with how much effort you're putting into each post, you must be very interested in playing this game.

Also, your kawaii cat has a very punchable face, but that's neither here nor there.

Ford: Vector for a straighteness guarantee. Actually no, wait, fuck Vector, she's a whiny lynchhappy bitch. I'm going to bend the question a little by treating 'this game' as 'Mafia subforum in general' and answer Flandre. Yep, that's my final answer.

You can't get rid of me that easily.

Avoiding calling a player scum despite voting with intent to lynch.

OMGUS.

I know someone setting themselves up an excuse when I see one.

Calling it a lie is a little over the top.

It's a comment on the break I had before getting into this game. It's been a while and I'm rusty, but I'm not expecting anyone to give me slack. It would be ridiculous of me to, as well.

integral

:O :D ^_^ <3 <3 <3 :3 uguu~~~

About how you're betraying everyone and it's eating you up inside because you're scum, right?

more colored text

Fuck no.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 31, 2013, 02:39:14 pm »

Lenglon: You're a Jailkeeper and there's two people you could target tonight: One of them is confirmed town, the other is confirmed to have an extremely useful ability that may be necessary to the town's victory, but you're less sure of their standing.  Who do you target?
"I... I really can't say. In that kind of dilemma I'd usually try to pick a third option, and block someone other than those two. If it's night and only the three of us are left, then I'd have no choice but to block the person I'm unsure of, but I dont think that's the situation you had in mind when you asked the question."
Lenglon gently pats Tiruin on the shoulder
"Hey, it's ok. we've all been there too. I hope you get a chance to settle your nerves some and get some rest.

About how you're betraying everyone and it's eating you up inside because you're scum, right?

more colored text

Fuck no.
"Jerk, that wasn't even an attempt at looking for bullies, that's just being mean. Stop it."

"Nerjin, I'd also like to know what that temper tantrum was about. I mean, Ford's a creep, but that's no reason to quit coming to class."
"Jim could you please explain the theory behind what you're calling your most valid tell? I don't understand why not using the word scum in a lynch case means anything as long as the case is solid."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 31, 2013, 02:41:12 pm »

PotL-
Shinigami King: Let's say you have a one shot day-kill and it's MYLO, there's one guy that you suspect, but the rest of the town is for killing a different guy who claims that he's lynch-proof. Who, if anyone, do you shoot?
I go for the scum on mylo, that or I try to tie things up so we have a no lynch. Solifuge-
I tend to stay in the background to mid ground. I'm very busy right now so I'm probably not going to be very active.
Ranger- hello you big bully!
Shinigami: Will all of your lovers be dead?
I may be the king of death bringers but I like flesh not bone if ya know what I mean.
Ford- oh you silly
Blondes, brunettes, or redheads?
Redheads, Brunettes blondes.

Be back when I have a bit of time to read everything.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 31, 2013, 02:46:23 pm »

...No, because I don't have any loyalties to any of you..I guess. But really, no.

I could narrate it, but that'd take up lots of time. Also, its scary.

more colored text
Ok. :/

Ranger- hello you big bully!
Bloody reasons, Shinigami. Expound, you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 31, 2013, 02:47:46 pm »

Tiruin denied the loyalty but not being scum.  Scum #2 there!

Jim:
I know someone setting themselves up an excuse when I see one.

Calling it a lie is a little over the top.

It's a comment on the break I had before getting into this game. It's been a while and I'm rusty, but I'm not expecting anyone to give me slack. It would be ridiculous of me to, as well.

Go ahead and blow it off.  You're still scum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 31, 2013, 02:52:38 pm »

"Yeah..how?"
More noise to sift through.

*ahem* "I mean, how in this current time is bandwagoning a tell?..Actually, expound on that bandwagoning idea you've got and how it relates to being your #1 tell?"
Its not right now, but in general I've found that scum like to bandwagon on a person with minimal additional reasons or flawed reasons.

"Because he's creepy!" (no scumhunting-related reason, just an IC one)
Why aren't you voting for a scumhunting reason then?

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 31, 2013, 02:57:31 pm »

(actual question time)

"Who do you believe would be our biggest threat if they were a bully Ford-san?"

"Vecooster senpai, who do you believe will cause the most confusion for us? How about the bullies?" (regardless of alignment)

"Griffy-san, who would you least like to have confirmed as a non-bully? How about most want?"

"Will being a bully at heart cause you to help the bullies even if your not one of them Leafsnail-san?"

"Toaster-san, considering how unknown we are to eachothers talents, (role abilities) how many claims do you expect before Day 3 or 4?

"Tiruin senpai, who would be you preferred bully friends if you could pick 3?"

"Dariush-san, what affects do you believe Valentines Day (the theme) will have on everyones ability to find the bullies?"

"If you had the... ability, for a lack of a better word, to kill everyone who visited your house but could also stop anyone from visiting each night, when would it be appropriate to kill all your visitors, Zombie-san?"

"Phantom-san, I haven't seen you around the school before, HI! Who would be the biggest danger to you if you were a bully?"

"Shinigami-san, Your a bully and your the only one left. It would take 3 Days to get rid of enough people to be the only one left. How would you act to hide what you were?"

"Of all of those here Death-san, Who do you believe would vote out one of their bully friends if they were a bully themselves?"

"NQT-san, how likely do you think it is that we will find a bully today?"

"Lenglon-san, how many people do you think are bullies (the ratio), and who would you hate to be a bully with?"

"Kitty senpai(I will continue to refer to Solifuge as kitty until someone tells me to stop because he is a cute kitty!), What would your preferred talent be in this situation?(game)"

"Nerjin-san, if you were a bully, who would you get rid of first?"

(I think we should all consider the possibility of Third-Parties in this game as we have quite a large list of players and the theme just screams that someone probably has lovers or can give lovers)
"I think a bully would most likely be inconsistent somewhere with their line of questioning so thats a big tell, as well as just throwing your vote on someone thats under a lot of suspicion.(band wagon). Something that we all do at one time or another is be a hypocrit, so trying to find a bully on those grounds won't lead to much success."
"Shinigami-san, please ask some questions with your vote when you have some time." (Now to post before even more posts show up)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2013, 03:04:33 pm »

Solifuge, so I'm assuming that with how much effort you're putting into each post, you must be very interested in playing this game.

Also, your kawaii cat has a very punchable face, but that's neither here nor there.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 100