Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 164204 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2013, 03:14:57 pm »

Tiruin denied the loyalty but not being scum.  Scum #2 there!
>_>

You did read the 'no', right?

Though, I seem to be getting a hint in your posts, Toaster. You've been poking at points as if taken out of context, why is that? Like that one poke regarding Jim: I can see the curiosity there, but if he's using that as an excuse it'll be a pretty blatant one. Something I don't see anyone in their right minds would lean on as an alibi.

Anything else you've got on Jim but a passive-aggressive prod?

PPE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think its going to make it harder and take more time.
"Yeah..how?"
More noise to sift through.
...Its a bloody picture (without the blood). How is that noise? It just simulates the flow of a conversation, is all. Pretty easy to read over unless you're that paranoid of every word.

Its not right now, but in general I've found that scum like to bandwagon on a person with minimal additional reasons or flawed reasons.
Yeah, scum also like to 'bandwagon' for good reasons. Remember people utilizing other's mistakes and riding on them? Something to look out for.

Also, what's your take on newbies and the game--if they slip up, how will you differentiate town from scum there?

Quote from: @Lenglon
Why aren't you voting for a scumhunting reason then?
Quote from: Her post
"Because he's creepy!" (no scumhunting-related reason, just an IC one)
Her post.
I'd like to know what you think of Ford until that post there.

PPE: Ranger
"Tiruin senpai, who would be you preferred bully friends if you could pick 3?"
..Bully friends. And 3...err, that means I'd be friending meanies.

That'd be Vector, Toaster and Solifuge. The first and third for [REASONS_STATED] and that Sol is pretty much good in the art of communication. Toaster for him being a great scum player.

Query:
You seem to be asking everyone comments based more on a bully (or Mafia) viewpoint, why so? Why do you use the word 'talent' instead of anything else when talking to kitty-Soli?

(I think we should all consider the possibility of Third-Parties in this game as we have quite a large list of players and the theme just screams that someone probably has lovers or can give lovers)
I'm agreeing with this, but on a broader basis--just because the theme screams love, we can't assume it means lovers directly. Also, I figure the silhouettes mean something as Toony said so in the opening post? Was this based on anything?

Toony/Mod: Do the silhouettes mean anything?

PPE!! Solifuge. That's a nice kitty...I envy (in an appreciative way that I can't find a synonym for) your art. And how you copy paste it to that background. And the textbox.

I've to agree that that doesn't sound like Vector, Jim. Vector doesn't punch cats. :P

Solifuge-chan: What's your take on the current situation of people addressing others? Would you treat a newbie in the same way as you'd treat anyone else--especially when they commit a mistake?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 31, 2013, 03:18:50 pm »

Lenglon: You put the third RVS vote on Ford. Is there a reason for doing so?
"Because he's creepy!" (no scumhunting-related reason, just an IC one)
Why aren't you voting for a scumhunting reason then?
"B-Because I dont know who else to vote for! Besides, I'm still asking questions and stuff. I just dont like the creepy guy." (because I could vote randomly, or I could vote for RP. in either case the vote's meaningless anyway.)

"Lenglon-san, how many people do you think are bullies (the ratio), and who would you hate to be a bully with?"

"Well, last time there were three of them, right? So I'd guess there's three again this time."
"As for who I'd want as a bullying partner? Um, it's not really my thing, but, um... Tiruin I think. She's fun to work with generally, and is experienced at this so I could learn from her and get help as necessary."(by the way, keeping your color tags functional was tricky because of the way you formatted your post. if you replace the formatting tags at regular intervals then people can crop your quote without making errors. for example each of mine has replacement formatting on each line.)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 31, 2013, 03:20:20 pm »

"Jerk, that wasn't even an attempt at looking for bullies, that's just being mean. Stop it."

I can't tell if this was an RP thing or not, but I'm going to assume it's not.

Why are you defending Tiruin?

"Jim could you please explain the theory behind what you're calling your most valid tell? I don't understand why not using the word scum in a lynch case means anything as long as the case is solid."

New players may not be as comfortable about lying their asses off as others, so when it comes to scum voting for a player they know is town, they may avoid calling that player scum because they know it's not true.

...No, because I don't have any loyalties to any of you..I guess. But really, no.

It's good that you're comfortable enough about being scum that you're not having nightmares about it.

Go ahead and blow it off.  You're still scum.

If you're not satisfied with the explanation, then too bad.

"Vecooster senpai, who do you believe will cause the most confusion for us? How about the bullies?" (regardless of alignment)

ToonyMan.

Also ToonyMan.

Good, so you are interested.

Because if you're playing with any sort of interest instead of a sense of obligation then you're probably scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 31, 2013, 03:27:40 pm »

Ranger:
"Toaster-san, considering how unknown we are to eachothers talents, (role abilities) how many claims do you expect before Day 3 or 4?

Claiming is actually a very interesting subject that I wanted to bring up.

Let's look at this post by Toony (reordered for clarity):
2. During Nights players choose which house they want to go to, or if they prefer to stay home for the night.  Some characters have abilities or special actions depending on who if anybody is with them.
3. At the start nobody knows whose house is whose except their own (or their groups if they're informed).  When visiting a house they selected that player will be able to tell whose house it is now and what gender that player is (as long as something else doesn't screw with them).
4. Players will not know who's with them unless they're by themselves in which case they'll know they're by themselves (baring special cases).
4a. Players will however, see the silhouettes of the players with them in that house.  This is excluding special circumstances.  In other words they'll have a general perspective and head count.  Again, excluding special circumstances.  During the first Night everyone will know which one is their silhouette by then.

This is going to make fake claims much much harder.  Someone could say "N2 I visited House 13.  Meatwall and Satellite were there."  I expect when claim time comes, it will be informative.  I can't say too much on WHEN claims will happen, though- probably a standard time for a mass claim, though a specific player might claim earlier, as in "I was at House 12 and Meatwall and Catgirl were there, now Catgirl is dead, Meatwall must have done it!"

To assist with claims, I made this as a handy reference chart:

So Meatwall is D, Satellite is L, and so on.

Tiruin:
Tiruin denied the loyalty but not being scum.  Scum #2 there!
>_>

You did read the 'no', right?

Though, I seem to be getting a hint in your posts, Toaster. You've been poking at points as if taken out of context, why is that? Like that one poke regarding Jim: I can see the curiosity there, but if he's using that as an excuse it'll be a pretty blatant one. Something I don't see anyone in their right minds would lean on as an alibi.

Anything else you've got on Jim but a passive-aggressive prod?

I saw a vague and non-specific no.

Have you played D1 in a Mafia game before?

One more thing, but I'll get to it when I get to him.  Which is now.

Go Reject Vomit Rovers:
Go ahead and blow it off.  You're still scum.

If you're not satisfied with the explanation, then too bad.

That's fine.  I wasn't going to unvote you anyway.

Because if you're playing with any sort of interest instead of a sense of obligation then you're probably scum.

So why aren't you voting him over it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 31, 2013, 03:37:31 pm »

"Kitty senpai(I will continue to refer to Solifuge as kitty until someone tells me to stop because he is a cute kitty!), What would your preferred talent be in this situation?(game)"

Spoiler: RangerCado (click to show/hide)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Starts May 30th]
« Reply #290 on: May 31, 2013, 03:39:31 pm »

PFP - I need to remember to put this down. I have been forgetting a lot recently.

To start with, I would like to hear from everyone: which tell do you think is most valid?  Which tell do you think is least valid?
The most valid tell is a bona fide slip, when someone clearly demonstrates knowledge not known to the players at large, or when they have been caught in a baldfaced lie.

All tells have to be taken in context, and any of them can be invalidated if a person provides good reasoning. The least valid "tell" in my opinion is the OMGUS, but I don't even consider that to be a tell (laziness would be the tell, in most cases), and the term has shifted from "voting someone purely because they voted you" to "voting someone who voted for you first", which is perfectly normal.

Leafsnail: What was the purpose of this question?

Ford: Vector for a straighteness guarantee. Actually no, wait, fuck Vector, she's a whiny lynchhappy bitch. I'm going to bend the question a little by treating 'this game' as 'Mafia subforum in general' and answer Flandre. Yep, that's my final answer.
*checks profile* Oh wow. You're only 17. For some reason I thought you were a lot older than that. Probably because I keep imagining you as a grumpy dwarf.

Ranger: Give me an example of a time when you've "jumped the gun".

EDIT:
I also forgot to add to the end of the Day 1 start lore as to why everybody is voting to kick people out again.  Basically there's been reports of bullying again and a somewhat milder version (as of yet) version of the past 31 years ago incident is happening.
I wondered about that. I read the whole thing and then was like, "wait, why are we voting people? Nothing has happened yet."

Ford needs to explain himself as he seems to be waiting on time more than hunting scummies.
Do not expect too much from me when I am up three hours past my bedtime.

"Who do you believe would be our biggest threat if they were a bully Ford-san?"
Leafsnail.

Toaster: Thanks for the guide, but for some reason the image doesn't shrink and I can't scroll it.

Note: 18 19 20 21 New replies were posted since I began typing this message.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 31, 2013, 03:43:19 pm »

"Jerk, that wasn't even an attempt at looking for bullies, that's just being mean. Stop it."

I can't tell if this was an RP thing or not, but I'm going to assume it's not.

Why are you defending Tiruin?
(I just plain can't figure out a way to explain this in-character, but to put it simply, her timezone backs up her claim. All I saw was harassment.)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 31, 2013, 03:49:26 pm »

Ford:
Toaster: Thanks for the guide, but for some reason the image doesn't shrink and I can't scroll it.

Assuming Firefox, right click image, hold ctrl, hit view image.  Chrome, right click, open image in new tab.  Other browser... get a real browser.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 31, 2013, 03:53:00 pm »

Solifuge-chan: What's your take on the current situation of people addressing others? Would you treat a newbie in the same way as you'd treat anyone else--especially when they commit a mistake?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 31, 2013, 03:55:07 pm »

"Understanding how someone might act as a bully can help more than figuring out how they might act if they aren't one Tiruin senpai. Its harder to figure out both so i thought i might try focusing more on Bully questions." (as for the talents thing, thats more just to keep with RPing. If you mean why i asked, just something that came to mind. The only reason i used abilities with ZU is that the talent to kill a bunch of people sounds bad IC.)

"Okay Soli-san, I will call you that."

(Ford: ...*Points at latest BM, claimed Cop day 1*)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 31, 2013, 04:00:29 pm »

Toaster: Fair enough. I can't help but wonder if Solifuge is K.

Ranger: I don't see that as jumping the gun. Claiming when you were in danger of being lynched was the smart thing to do.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 31, 2013, 04:03:44 pm »

Ranger: I don't see that as jumping the gun. Claiming when you were in danger of being lynched was the smart thing to do.
(Theres a whole thread there who disagrees with that statement, but i'm glad someone understands why i did that.)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 31, 2013, 05:41:02 pm »

Toony/Mod: Do the silhouettes mean anything?
They'll be used to vaguely show what players witness.

Vote Count:

Vecooster - Toaster
Griffionday -
Leafsnail -
Captain Ford -
Toaster -
Tiruin -
Dariush - Notquitethere
Zombie Urist -
Phantom of the Library -
Shinigami_King -
RangerCado - Vecooster, Deathsword, Shinigami_King
Deathsword -
Notquitethere -
Lenglon - Zombie Urist
Solifuge - Dariush
Nerjin -

Not Voting: Griffonday, Leafsnail, Captain Ford, Tiruin, Phantom of the Library, RangerCado, Lenglon, Solifuge, Nerjin

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 6/4 at 11 PM EST.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 31, 2013, 05:42:34 pm »

I didn't hear a denial of you being scum in there. Saying that you're enjoying yourself and that it's good practice isn't exactly a contradiction.

(I just plain can't figure out a way to explain this in-character, but to put it simply, her timezone backs up her claim. All I saw was harassment.)

I don't care about in character stuff because I am grumpy and hate people having fun in my mafia game.

What was your out of character reason for defending Tiruin? I'm not just going to ignore something because you wrap it in purple text.

So why aren't you voting him over it?

Because I wanted to see his reaction, meta is a shitty reason to vote for someone, and I'm not confident enough in my evaluation of his meta to say for certain it makes him scum.

Vecooster

BaCAW.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 31, 2013, 05:53:34 pm »

I don't care about in character stuff because I am grumpy and hate people having fun in my mafia game.

What was your out of character reason for defending Tiruin? I'm not just going to ignore something because you wrap it in purple text.
(you didn't read what you quoted?)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 100