Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 164806 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #375 on: June 02, 2013, 07:09:38 pm »

Ford

As you can see, I voted Leafsnail not four posts before. So, evidently, I can't. (I actually forgot about it)
Didn't see that..but yeah, that adds to the case. I just knew you were voting someone but bluh. Invisible votecounts didn't help. >_>

PPE: I've spent like three hours just trying to find a color that works works well in both themes, and I've concluded that it's impossible. This is the best I came up with.
:<

There are a lot of colors which work well on both Core and Darkling themes.

I'm

actually

"unlynchable"
"I-..."

. . .

"Very interesting. So we can't boot you out of here, nor can you boot anyone else out, huh. I believe you've an ulterior motive given that idea, or you're just a bully with a fair disguise." Meaning: Some king of unlynchable bully..though I find it hard to believe (but that annoying case of VECTOR WAS UN-NK-ABLE BUT SCUM in one of the Mafia games now weigh on my suspicions) but I still find it hard to believe. Third-party, perhaps..

"Unvote. Hmm, judging by that side comment to Cado-kun, you're pretty confident, huh. How are you going to use your..immunity as a benefit to finding them bullies? How are you going to act when in school, hmm? Any difference?"

"Also, where'd Cado say such? He's doubting you'd be making it here tomorrow?"

Lenglon
(re-read done, and sadly the main things that sticks out to me is low activity from phantom, dariush, deathsword, and griffonday, as well as a lack of pressure from solifuge. i've probably missed a lot >.>)
I actually see the same from Solifuge, he ain't voting. Though, lack of pressure? He's also inquiring around. Or was it the lack of vote?

"Ford-san's case seems really intriguing. As we've got lots of time, I'm wondering if others share the same basis, particularly those who haven't voted yet..I'll just keep a list to be sure."
Solifuge can be voted. He's not voting yet.

Captain Ford can't be voted. He can't vote too.

Phantom
Speaking of voting, Griffonday, Captain Ford, Phantom of the Library, RangerCado, Lenglon, Solifuge, Shinigami_King:  Why aren't you voting?
Because I hadn't seen any reason to up until now.

"Wait, missed something. Why only now, Mr. Phantom? Nothing caught your eye earlier?"

Deathsword
Lenglon, you are awefuly defensive when it comes to Tiruin. Why are you buddying up to her? She can easily defend herself. In fact, is accusations of being creepy and/or being a jerk your only vote-material? Your scumhunting questions are weak and few. You waste time calling people jerks or creeps and making you posts in pretty colours instead of, you know, finding the scum.
I really didn't read her posts as defensive to me..because I didn't see how they are defensive at all. Quotes please! Thanks.

Can you expound on that matter? If you mean that thing to Jim, where I guess it all started: it was nothing but a side-comment which I didn't consider..err, related at all. Unless you see something with it? How is her Scumhunting questions weak and/or few? I've read her posts (when calling jerks) as that she suspects them. Creeps--only done to Ford, and that was when she was voting for him.

How isn't that scumhunting? Or do you mean her questions? They're not that accurately pointed, I see that, but I can see she's trying (quite much for a newbie, too). Also, I really don't sense she was doing 'active lurking' from a scum PoV intentionally, or trying to subconsciously judging by the wording there. Girl-speak. People would get defensive or probably insulted, but I can't see that being a rational conclusion that she's under guilt of the cause of 'FLUFF POSTS 4 ACTIVITY AND ELUDE SCUMHUNTING'.

Checking the lurkertracker, I really don't see active lurking there INB4 Leafsnail posted (she's been poking around not in a vague way). She's quite good at sensing intentions though, I'll give her that.

Query:
Really? Where is the proof of that then? RP doesn't count as content if it doesn't involve finding scum, by the way, especially since this is not a true bastard.
Do you not see her inquiries in her posts? Or are you blinded by the RP there?

However, Lenglon: "Why do I see you comparing your activity with the others who..perhaps are daydreaming at the moment? Timezones and all..do you find comparing to be a reasonable explanation? Or is it your only one?

"Why did you think Leafsnail was poking you to 'help', rather than to find information?"
As per what you say, here?

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 02, 2013, 07:18:39 pm »

Sorry for the short post here.
Ranger- Could you do me a favour and quote the question you are answering? I know what question you were referring to in your last post but for future reference, would you kindly? It helps.
Deathsword-
stated that if you are playing with anything other that a sense of obligation you are obviously scum.  I completely disagree with that statement, as I've found great fun in being town in my games.  It sounds to me like you're trying to manufacture something that isn't there
I don't think I understand what you are saying. Could you explain please?

My analogy and it's meaning- My analogy was pretty much stating that I found Nerjins case was not solid and did not hold proper ground. I also thought that it seemed like he was filling any holes with a little bit of BS.
Another analogy- like chicken nuggets. They're made out of things we don't want to think about but after all the non-natural ingredients, many will swallow them without complaining.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 02, 2013, 07:20:46 pm »

"I hate chicken nuggets. They aren't chicken, but taste like chicken. But they're edible..bluh."

So what do you think of Nerjin's case? And by that I mean the context of it and his intention?

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 02, 2013, 07:48:37 pm »

Spoiler:  Nerjin's case (click to show/hide)
Nerjin's entire case is, I am voting for you because of what that guy over there said... Also you said you are lazy and I don't like lazy people so blah to you.
The holes in his attack are when he states that I "Promised to not contribute." I just said that I was lazy and he quickly made it like what I said was that I would quietly sit in a corner not doing anything while I have obviously been active and contributing to the game. The logic was simply not there. Also, his post referring to my lack of contribution was about an hour after my post asking questions to everyone and answering others questions or statements.

To summarize, it didn't make sense.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 02, 2013, 09:00:44 pm »

Extremely short post as I am extremely short on time

Deathsword-
stated that if you are playing with anything other that a sense of obligation you are obviously scum.  I completely disagree with that statement, as I've found great fun in being town in my games.  It sounds to me like you're trying to manufacture something that isn't there
I don't think I understand what you are saying. Could you explain please?

That's not my quote. It's not even on my post.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 02, 2013, 09:05:55 pm »

Are you even reading the game Shinigami-kun? Vector-chan(Jim) has stated that if you are playing with anything other that a sense of obligation you are obviously scum.

Don't take my statement there as a general one; I was specifically talking about Solifuge.

Shinigami-King, do you have any suspects besides the one voting you?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 02, 2013, 09:22:15 pm »

-snip-
Lenglon turns and stares in silence at Deathsword for five seconds before speaking.
"Is that it? Is that all you've got Deathsword-senpai?"
"That is a hilariously scummy little stunt you just tried there you fool. Let's take this thing apart bit by bit, shall we?"
Lenglon pulls a tape recorder out of her pocket, presses rewind for a couple seconds, staring at the display, and then hits play.
Lenglon, you are awefuly defensive when it comes to Tiruin. Why are you buddying up to her? She can easily defend herself.
Lenglon pauses the recording
"This is quite frankly pathetic. The only time I defended Tiruin-sama in any way was when Jim-chan was being hurtful to her and wasn't even trying to scumhunt in the process. I haven't touched a single scumhunting-related accusation. I just plain don't like it when people are abusive jerks to each other. I have no intention of letting people be needlessly hurtful, period. I was quite clear on that at the time, and this entire accusation is quite frankly stupid."
Lenglon then hits the play button
In fact, is accusations of being creepy and/or being a jerk your only vote-material? Your scumhunting questions are weak and few. You waste time calling people jerks or creeps and making you posts in pretty colours instead of, you know, finding the scum.
Lenglon re-pauses the recording. "My use of creepy has been reserved for Ford-senpai. And it is purely because he seems to be into bondage. I've explained this several times now, and I've been quite clear about it. Jerk has also been reserved for a specific use. I've only used it to describe persons who would use the situation we're in as an excuse to abuse another person. I've been quite clear on this as well. they are both irrelevant to my questions and my scumhunting techniques. Additionally, as I made perfectly clear earlier, I was reserving my vote for when I thought someone finally deserved it, and my only vote until now was to poke fun at Ford-senpai. this entire paragraph by Deathsword is nothing but regurgitated garbage from earlier discussions, and every single point in is has been answered before, several times in some cases. lets move on to the next part."
Lenglon hits play again.
Spoiler: long (click to show/hide)
Lenglon pauses the recording again
"now then, this would be far, far more interesting, if it contained any original thought or sign of you having actually listened to me when I was speaking. However, notice that all you have to say on the matter is that I am active-lurking. You repeat this accusation over and over, without any real relevance to my quotes, as though it is some kind of totem of righteousness. There is nothing real to be heard here that was not said far more productively by Leafsnail earlier."
Once again, Lenglon hits the play button
I-I-but-uh-but... ok, um, you know what? I-I'll, get back to you on that in a bit. I, um, I need to sit down and think over what people have been saying again if I'm going to have a chance at finding something that has slipped through the cracks. I think you're trying to help me here, I'm just a little, well, really a whole lot, lost right now. I don't think you actually think I'm one of the bullies, but that you think you need to vote for me to make me feel pressured to, well, improve. I mean, if you were actually looking for people who aren't saying anything, you'd be voting for Dariush-senpai or Phantom-san, right? so, um, thanks? could you tell me what's wrong with the questions I have asked? I really think that I'm, well, kind of useless early on like this. I know I need to be questioning people, but last time that I tried to ask people about minor, kind of meaningless, things, everyone got mad at me for it. I'm having trouble finding stuff that isn't minor right now, and I feel inadequate at questioning my seniors in general unless they do something that seems, well, really wrong. Still, if nothing else I should be able to question Shinigami-kun and Ranger-kun, right? I mean, I've talked to them a lot in the past, so I should be able to notice if they're hiding something, right? so, um, I'll see what I can do.

[Lenglon takes a couple deep breaths, then walks over to Shinigami-kun
Shinigami-kun, you knew there would be a lot to listen to when you registered for school. that's kinda how it works. you've never been scared of this before. Why are you scared now? you've been acting differently from how I've seen you act in the past, and it worries me, because in the past you were, or at least I thought you were, not any kind of bully.
Lenglon next goes over to Ranger-kun
Hey, Ranger-kun? I, well, to be blunt, I don't like you normally, but you've been a lot more helpful this time. Um, why?
Once more you ignore the point: Your "content" is merely fluff. It's just there. There is nothing to it. People got "mad" at you when you asked minor, irrelevant question exactly because of that: THEY DO NOT HELP FINDING SCUM.
and yet again, the recording is paused.
"This section here is particularly moronic. That statement was a reference to the beginning of the current BM, I was vague at the time and I refuse to go into detail now for the simple reason of the game is currently ongoing. for this reason, and because he is no longer in it, Shinigami-kun, could you please summarize the events I am referring to here? I would strongly prefer to use a different example, but I don't have many to draw upon I'm afraid."
"However, I've shifted off-topic. the reason this is moronic is I have not been attacked for pressuring people about meaningless things this game at all. The only person who even approched that was Leafsnail-senpai, and Leafsnail-senpai is the person that quote was addressed to. the entire basis of this accusation is fraudulent, and the accusation itself is nothing but another cry of active-lurking. now then, to continue with this joke of a speech."
Lenglon, again, un-puases the recording.
Then, unsurprisingly, more fluff:
(re-read done, and sadly the main things that sticks out to me is low activity from phantom, dariush, deathsword, and griffonday, as well as a lack of pressure from solifuge. i've probably missed a lot >.>)

"hunuh, um, Neko-senpai? you seem almost as clueless as me. I dont suppose you could tell me what you think of the argument going on between Nerjin-senpai and Shinigami-kun?
Also, be more clear about who you are talking about/to.
Lenglon pauses the tape recorder a final time, fiddles with it some, and returns it to her pocket.
"This is, again, a frivolous repeat of statements that have been said earlier, and better, by other people."
"Now that I've covered each part of that speech individually, let me point out what is truely damning about this, and why I believe that you, Deathsword-senpai, are one of the bullies among us. First, that attack had very suspicious timing. So far I am the only person who has voiced any suspicion towards you, and your attack came right after I did so. Sceondly, There was absolutely no individual thought in the entire thing. Every single thing you mentioned had been brought up before by someone else. Thirdly, it was needlessly long. You attempted to make it look more imposing by stretching out the length, and including issues that were very, very weak. Fourth, it was angry, you attempted to be emotionally imposing, and inspire others to join in on your lynch attempt, and terrorize me into falling apart before it. Overall, that post was nothing but an attempt to join in on Leafsnail-senpai's accusations, an attempt to avoid suspicion being drawn towards you, a lazy case, built on the shoulders of other people's work, without any actual work or thought, quite simply, that pathetic failure of an OMGUS bandwagon mislynch attempt is clear evidence of the fact that you are one of the bullies here Deathsword-senpai, and I look forward to your expulsion."

Lenglon turns and storms over to the other side of the room, where she leans against the wall, slightly shivering, and calms down before responding to Tiruin-sama's question.
However, Lenglon: "Why do I see you comparing your activity with the others who..perhaps are daydreaming at the moment? Timezones and all..do you find comparing to be a reasonable explanation? Or is it your only one?

"Why did you think Leafsnail was poking you to 'help', rather than to find information?"
As per what you say, here?
"Um, the answers to both of those questions are related, actually. Leafsnail-senpai's accusation of me lurking, whatever kind it may have been, didn't make sense at first for several reasons. First of all, it's the weekend. I could legitimately have simply chosen to not post at all today and yesterday, and nobody would have questioned it. Secondly, even if lurking during the weekend was something that actually was problematic, then it made no sense to be accusing someone who was being active in any form, over someone who wasn't being active at all. Leafsnail-senpai hasn't said anything at all to Dariush-senpai or several others who have been lurking this weekend. This inconsistency, which was left unaddressed even when I pointed it out, meant that something singled me out other than my activity. Additionally, Leafsnail-senpai didn't seem to be building or presenting a case for my expulsion, but was voting for me. This meant that the vote was a pressure vote of some kind. As the only two things that I could think of that singled me out from the people who haven't been active over the weekend was my lack of experience, and the fact that I was actively posting, I came to the conclusion that Leafsnail-senpai saw me attempting to be active, took into account the fact that this is still somewhat early in the day, and decided that I needed a wake-up-call of some kind to make sure that I wasn't so focused on enjoying myself here that I failed to be productive at finding the bullies. A good way to do that would be to tell me what I was doing wrong, and vote for me to make me feel a sense of urgency. That is why I questioned why I was singled out for questioning about activity levels, and why I thought, and still think, that Leafsnail-senpai is simply trying to teach me to improve, and doesn't actually wish me ill."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 02, 2013, 09:27:53 pm »

Leafsnail - What unique things are you afraid of appearing in this quarter bastard game?
Knowing ToonyMan's preferred type of games, the inevitable alien invasion day three.
Pfff that would never happen.

Vote Count:

(1)Vecooster - Toaster
(0)Griffionday -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(0)Toaster -
(0)Tiruin -
(0)Dariush -
(0)Zombie Urist -
(0)Phantom of the Library -
(4)Shinigami_King - Notquitethere, Vecooster, Nerjin, Griffonday
(0)RangerCado -
(1)Deathsword - Lenglon
(0)Notquitethere -
(3)Lenglon - Zombie Urist, Leafsnail, Deathsword
(1)Solifuge - Dariush
(3)Nerjin - Phantom of the Library, Shinigami_King, RangerCado

Not Voting: Captain Ford, Solifuge, Tiruin

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 6/4 at 11 PM EST.

Thank you everybody for posting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 02, 2013, 09:54:55 pm »

Ford:
I'm actually unlynchable as well as having no vote. I didn't realize that meant I couldn't be voted at all, but I'm glad because that means the lynch won't be wasted on me.

This is probably one of those things you should elaborate on.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 02, 2013, 10:05:12 pm »

Short post because I have finally decided to knuckle down and do some homework.
Lenglon- I think what you are referring to here is in the current BM when you tried to ask questions about gameplay decisions but everyone pretty much shot you down saying they were pretty much irrelevant. You then said something along the lines of "I will change to a new, or should I say old, tactic". Yeah, something like that.
Jim-
Shinigami-King, do you have any suspects besides the one voting you?
I kind of find you suspicious because you don't seem to have a very large attack radius (i.e. you seem to be focusing on me but not really anyone else). this seems kind of noteworthy but meh, besides, you're voting me so I can't say you. Lenglon has been acting odd this entire game compared to what I'm used to. Her defenses are strong but her playstyle just seems off. Especially saying that I am acting different after telling her that I was trying to adjust my scumhunting techniques. Most people haven't posted enough content in my opinion so the scum could easily just be keeping silent because of the weekend. Do you want to hear my oppinion of anyone specifically?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 02, 2013, 10:09:32 pm »

"um, no, I actually meant what went after that, up until I had to just kinda take a day off to try to chill out."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 02, 2013, 11:15:33 pm »

Lenglon: There's a difference between active lurking and lurking. Also the purple mixed with white is hard to read.

"Phantom-san, I haven't seen you around the school before, HI! Who would be the biggest danger to you if you were a bully?"
The largest threat to the bullies is probably going to be Toony-sensei given his track record at class organization.
You're avoiding the question. Please re-answer the question with a player.

Griffy
(Yes FUN Vector, not obligation)
You know that I don't like Vector's playstyle. Are you trying to befriend me?
"Are you even reading the game Shinigami-kun? Vector-chan(Jim) has stated that if you are playing with anything other that a sense of obligation you are obviously scum.  I completely disagree with that statment, as I've found great fun in being town in my games.  It sounds to me like you're trying to manufacture something that isn't there."
What does this part mean?

(I actually forgot about it)
Why did you ask this question then?
"Because I needed a sixteenth question so I could ask everyone a question with the first post!"

*sly smile* "Also because I'm unlynchable and didn't have anything to be afraid of."
I thought you forgot you were unlynchable.

"I hate chicken nuggets. They aren't chicken, but taste like chicken. But they're edible..bluh."
I'm pretty sure chicken nuggets are made of chicken. They are also delicious.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 02, 2013, 11:39:06 pm »

Broaster: You missed one.

purple
white
RP

I have lots of free time but I don't like wasting it needlessly. Your post is hard to read and I have elected not to.

I gather you're accusing Deathsword of regurgitating Leafsnail's arguments. Is there more to your accusation?

this seems kind of noteworthy but meh, besides, you're voting me so I can't say you.

Bluhwhaaaaa?

Yes, you can, in fact, say that. If you weren't cowardly scum you would.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 02, 2013, 11:49:17 pm »

Jim- you misinterpreted what I said. You asked me if I saw someone scummy that wasn't voting me. I mentioned you but I pointed out someone else as well because you are voting me right now. I'm not saying "I won't attack you because it will look like OMGUSing, I'm saying that you are looking for a different answer so I'll give you this tidbit of knowledge as a little bonus.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 02, 2013, 11:52:07 pm »

Broaster: You missed one.

purple
white
RP

I have lots of free time but I don't like wasting it needlessly. Your post is hard to read and I have elected not to.

I gather you're accusing Deathsword of regurgitating Leafsnail's arguments. Is there more to your accusation?
(Theres actually a point about how it isn't possible to lurk on the weekend in the last part, though I got lynched partially for that reason in BM XLI. I don't think you can lynch someone for regular lurking during the weekend. Active-lurking you can make an arguement for because the player took the time to post a bunch of nonsense.)

((ZU, watch the movie "SuperSize Me" and you'll understand. Or just look up the process in making them.))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 100