Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 164679 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2013, 06:44:04 pm »

(...I'm scummy for hunting well... What!?!?)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 03, 2013, 07:09:15 pm »

#[NQT] shudders at all the bickering and noise.

"This one respectfully notes that until there is concrete evidence of bullying, we don't have any solid grounds for kicking people out of school. If we are to expel, let us expel the one who is most disruptive and inconsiderate. Dariush-yōgisha rudely insists that Soli-chan is hard to quote, when nothing could be easier. Whether we think Soli-chan is a bully or not, the cat's meow is easy to quote and Dariush-yōgisha is hardly hunting scum with this line of attack."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 03, 2013, 07:38:42 pm »

"This one respectfully notes that until there is concrete evidence of bullying, we don't have any solid grounds for kicking people out of school. If we are to expel, let us expel the one who is most disruptive and inconsiderate. Dariush-yōgisha rudely insists that Soli-chan is hard to quote, when nothing could be easier. Whether we think Soli-chan is a bully or not, the cat's meow is easy to quote and Dariush-yōgisha is hardly hunting scum with this line of attack."

"That's an interesting line of thought." Nerjin glances lovingly at his profile picture "Damn Ocelot is cool... Anyway my point is this: While Dariush-san-sama-senpei-kun-chan isn't exactly being nice... When is he ever nice? Simply being unkind is not grounds for termination."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 03, 2013, 07:50:02 pm »

"Ah, Nerjin-san, but this is more than the usual abrasiveness-- it smacks of outright obfuscation and the active nourishing of misunderstandings. Though it is interesting that both you and Tiruin have defended the surliness of Dariush-yōgisha-- I wonder if this will mean something when the true intentions of our classmates begin to be revealed."

Realising that quietly sitting in the corner is no way to hunt bullies #[NQT] starts down the school corridors looking for people to question.

"Phantom-san, I notice that houses will be closed if the occupant has got what they desire. This hints at the existence of third-parties that are neither normal students nor bullies. Is it in our interest to assist or hinder the goals of benign third-parties?"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 03, 2013, 08:29:26 pm »

(My point to Jim, Tiruin, was a very bad way of saying that he should still read what a player says rather than just blow it off thinking he knows exactly whats going to be said in the post. If Jim thinks Lenglon is scum, he should read whats said in the posts to help build his case instead of blowing it off as useless rambling. (even if that really is all it is)

If it's easier for me to ask somebody to clarify what their point is than to parse through their post and try to figure it out, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Yeah yeah, everybody should read everybody else's posts, but people need to make their posts readable.

[4:04 PM] “His first real post says… Nothing of interest. Just a few fluff notes and a question to Ranger about why we shouldn’t just kill him because Ranger’s a bully… Without stating why Ranger is a bully.”

DURRR RVS.

[4:06 PM] “He just makes a joke.… What’s he doing?

Oh, yes, what uncommon silliness. Nobody else was doing stupid shit like that during Day start.

These are idiotic points to hold against Lenglon.

[4:36 PM] Conclusion: You’re active lurking and I want to know why. You only seem to come out of the active-lurk when you see a target of ease or when someone calls you on it. Please explain your case on Deathsword better. Simply him “Omgusing” you isn’t enough [because he didn’t do that.]

And you're lazy bandwagoning scum.

What part of this argument is unique from Leafsnail's? While you're at it, why don't you tell me what part of your argument against SK was unique from mine, and tell me how you're not lazy, bandwagoning scum.

"This one respectfully notes that until there is concrete evidence of bullying, we don't have any solid grounds for kicking people out of school. If we are to expel, let us expel the one who is most disruptive and inconsiderate. Dariush-yōgisha rudely insists that Soli-chan is hard to quote, when nothing could be easier. Whether we think Soli-chan is a bully or not, the cat's meow is easy to quote and Dariush-yōgisha is hardly hunting scum with this line of attack."

What the hell.

What the fuck is this.

Lynching someone because he's an abrasive jackass and doesn't like something is an utterly fucking unacceptable reason for a vote.

"Ah, Nerjin-san, but this is more than the usual abrasiveness-- it smacks of outright obfuscation and the active nourishing of misunderstandings.

Bullshit.

You better have some expert fucking elaboration on this point, and it better be so goddamned good that it's going to turn my anger right the fuck around and put a bright, shining smile on my face as I nod along in strong agreement, because otherwise, you're lazier goddamn scum than Nerjin.

You know what?

Have a little impetus.

notquitethere.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 03, 2013, 08:37:44 pm »

"So, while everyone was having their long discussions about who is lurking and whatnot, I decided to make a quick compilation of every single thing Deathsword-senpai has said ever since class started. the result was amazingly short."
Lenglon takes out her tape recorder again, and gets to work.

"So as you can see, he clearly doing his hardest to hunt for the bullies, I mean, look at all those scumhunting quest... Oh wait, that's right. There arn't any scumhunting questions. At all. EVER. why are we even having to discuss if he is bothering to hunt in good faith?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 03, 2013, 08:42:37 pm »

Jim- I don't disagree with some of your points there but, votes can be used for pressure and this did ot seem like a definitive vote. Why are you attacking someone for putting pressure on others?
Nerjin- Quick point. Ocelot is a bit of a dweeb actually. This is seen in MGS3. I like his character but yeah, he is definitely a dweeb.
Tiruin?-I think you were the one who asked me about my opinion on votes. Sorry for answering now but I forgot about it until now.
I think votes put pressure on people if used properly but if someone can keep a cool head then they mean absolutely nothing. In the end, they can add to your scum hunt but they can't be your scumhunt. It's like adding some spice to your meal.
Deathsword?- Once again, I think this was you.
Passive aggressive- When I used this term I was referring to someone who acts aggressive and attacks people but is really lax and doesn't do to much with pushing. So I'll ask you again, could you list the top passive aggressive players here? Top three in order would be nice.
Lenglon- You keep praising Ranger's scumhunting but I have not noticed anything stand out. What are you seeing? Also why did you list him as lean scum?
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 03, 2013, 08:45:38 pm »

Nyaaa~~~

Vote Count:

(1)Vecooster - Toaster
(0)Griffionday -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(0)Toaster -
(0)Tiruin -
(1)Dariush - Notquitethere
(0)Zombie Urist -
(0)Phantom of the Library -
(1)Shinigami_King - Griffonday
(0)RangerCado -
(1)Deathsword - Lenglon
(1)Notquitethere - Vecooster
(5)Lenglon - Zombie Urist, Leafsnail, Deathsword, RangerCado, Nerjin
(2)Solifuge - Dariush, Tiruin
(2)Nerjin - Phantom of the Library, Shinigami_King

Not Voting: Captain Ford, Solifuge

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 6/4 at 11 PM EST.

Nerjin, Shinigami_King, Tiruin, and RangerCado have requested an extension.  If four more people request an extension it will pass.  (8/16 is 50%)

I have noticed that DARIUSH-KUN and VECOOSTER-SANKUN have been using excessive profanity.  This is simply unacceptable in the classroom environment!  Continued rule violation will deem worthy punishment!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 03, 2013, 08:46:40 pm »

"Jim You are right. I shouldn't use others suspicions to back my own or even say anything closely related to them. From now on I shall only use ENTIRELY BRAND NEW ideas to attack people. Guess I'm not posting ever again." Nerjin goes to post but then sees this little gem:

Nerjin- Quick point. Ocelot is a bit of a dweeb actually. This is seen in MGS3. I like his character but yeah, he is definitely a dweeb.

dweeb 
/dwēb/
Noun
A boring, studious, or socially inept person.

"You son of a... I WILL FIGHT YOU ON THE SIDE OF THE STREET! I'm not even joking! You and me pal. Put 'em up!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 03, 2013, 08:49:46 pm »

Maybe socially inept.  He kind of gets kicked around a lot.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 03, 2013, 08:52:19 pm »

(...I'm scummy for hunting well... What!?!?)
Lenglon- You keep praising Ranger's scumhunting but I have not noticed anything stand out. What are you seeing? Also why did you list him as lean scum?
"Well, Ranger-kun... look, at least in my past experience, Ranger-kun has been really bad at this. The reason i've been praising his scumhunting isn't that it's particularly good, it's that it's not particularly bad. I was expecting him to, quite frankly, be incompetent. Since he hasn't been, I think there is a decent chance that he is being tutored in secret by one of the bullies. That is also why I started taking notes about people's mannerisms. I've been looking to see if he would start talking like somebody else. So far, I haven't noticed it happen, so I haven't pushed the issue."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 03, 2013, 08:53:35 pm »

Maybe socially inept.  He kind of gets kicked around a lot.

"Socia-.... WHAT!? Have neither of you seen the masterful way he works behind the scenes!? He's the ONLY enjoyable part of MGS2! He's the best!"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 03, 2013, 08:55:31 pm »

I have noticed that DARIUSH-KUN and VECOOSTER-SANKUN have been using excessive profanity.  This is simply unacceptable in the classroom environment!  Continued rule violation will deem worthy punishment!

Seriously?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 03, 2013, 08:56:10 pm »

Yeah... the socially inept part... His failure with automatic in the middle of his fight with snake, and when he get's his men to shoot in the middle of a "one on one" fight. He get's way more badass at the end but for the first half.. meh. (The main thing I didn't like about MGS3 was the way humor was implemented to be honest. Also the shagohod. I hated that fight.)

PPE: I haven't played MGS2 yet sorry. Just going off what I know.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 03, 2013, 08:58:19 pm »

Yeah... the socially inept part... His failure with automatic in the middle of his fight with snake, and when he get's his men to shoot in the middle of a "one on one" fight. He get's way more badass at the end but for the first half.. meh. (The main thing I didn't like about MGS3 was the way humor was implemented to be honest. Also the shagohod. I hated that fight.)

PPE: I haven't played MGS2 yet sorry. Just going off what I know.

"I loved the humor in 3. Besides in the first half he was showing off and that's part of why the gun jammed. That's not ineptness that's just him messing up on camera. He also tells his men NOT to interfere in the one on one fight. Ocelot is astounding. I will admit the Shagohod wasn't the best but I loved it none-the-less."

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 100