Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 164678 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #435 on: June 03, 2013, 08:59:16 pm »

Extend.

Dariush: I think your anger so far has been unproductive and aimed at people annoying you rather than scumhunting.  I believe this is indicative of your scumplay.  Why are you aiming your anger exclusively at pictures and text rather than suspects and votes?

Solfuge: Why haven't you expressed a solid opinion on anything yet?  Specifically, on anybody's alignment.

I feel fairly happy with a Lenglon lynch.

The meaning of OMGUS as quoted in the guide that Lenglon posted is completely different from its common use. (The guide's version is essentially a specific form of overreacting to a vote, which is a valid tell) Someone referencing that guide is talking about something completely different than what we were talking about in this thread.

tl;dr; I asked this because I found a definition of OMGUS that isn't completely useless, which invalidates your method of attack unless you account for potential miscommunication.
If it's different to the common use then you shouldn't use the acronym "OMGUS" to describe it.  Otherwise nobody will understand what you mean.

To move on, have you ever gotten to use ammunition like this before, and has it worked?
This is the first time I have asked a question like this, so no to both I guess.

"Thirdly, it was needlessly long. You attempted to make it look more imposing by stretching out the length, and including issues that were very, very weak."
This is a joke right

"Overall, that post was nothing but an attempt to join in on Leafsnail-senpai's accusations, an attempt to avoid suspicion being drawn towards you, a lazy case, built on the shoulders of other people's work, without any actual work or thought, quite simply, that pathetic failure of an OMGUS bandwagon mislynch attempt is clear evidence of the fact that you are one of the bullies here Deathsword-senpai, and I look forward to your expulsion."
This isn't a good case.  The entire post is basically sucking up to me to the point where it's embarassing and trying to make it seem that Deathsword is somehow scum just because someone else earlier in the thread agreed with what he said.  If anything Deathsword's case is a lot more fleshed out and specific than mine rather than a regurgitation.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 03, 2013, 09:03:14 pm »

I have noticed that DARIUSH-KUN and VECOOSTER-SANKUN have been using excessive profanity.  This is simply unacceptable in the classroom environment!  Continued rule violation will deem worthy punishment!
Seriously?
Do you want me to be serious?!  Well, I wouldn't prefer it since it's in the rules...

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 03, 2013, 09:03:42 pm »

(...I'm scummy for hunting well... What!?!?)
Lenglon- You keep praising Ranger's scumhunting but I have not noticed anything stand out. What are you seeing? Also why did you list him as lean scum?
"Well, Ranger-kun... look, at least in my past experience, Ranger-kun has been really bad at this. The reason i've been praising his scumhunting isn't that it's particularly good, it's that it's not particularly bad. I was expecting him to, quite frankly, be incompetent. Since he hasn't been, I think there is a decent chance that he is being tutored in secret by one of the bullies. That is also why I started taking notes about people's mannerisms. I've been looking to see if he would start talking like somebody else. So far, I haven't noticed it happen, so I haven't pushed the issue."
"Lenglon-san, from what you've just said, it makes it sound like you think i can't improve my play from previous experiances... well thats incredibly insulting."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 03, 2013, 09:09:59 pm »

LS- If you feel happy with a lenglon lynch, why are you extending? Are you trying to make those who want to extend pleased?
Ranger-I would rather someone be insulting and honest instead of kind and all buddy-y. Why do you have a problem with this?
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Starts May 30th]
« Reply #439 on: June 03, 2013, 09:25:32 pm »

Lenglon:
Leafsnail: Town - training attempt

zombie urist: respect (lean town) - hunting well.
RangerCado: Hunting well (lean scum) - meta

There are two things wrong with this list.  I've narrowed it down for you to see if you can figure it out.

Give up?

First is Leafsnail read.  Him helping you has absolutely nothing to do with his alignment.  You have him listed as "Town" - not even "Leaning town" - he is successfully your buddy, if he's scum.

Second is your highly contradictory reads on ZU and Ranger.  They're both "hunting well" except they lean opposite directions.  You need to explain further.

Jim:
Fairly low.  Decent scum will realize they're cut off from using whatever they said as an attack and not trip over it.  Good scum will have said something they don't use anyway, so scum like you won't be found out with it.

Okay, but what was the likelihood that scum were going to invalidly use shit tells without getting called out on them in the first place?

Not great, but it's lower now.

Nerjin:
“Alright you magnificent people let’s get this going. I’m not leaving until I have two suspects with a strong case. I shall re-read as many times as necessary to build this case. As of now EVERYONE is scum.” [2:58 PM]

And then you come out with one suspect.  Where's the other?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 03, 2013, 09:27:45 pm »

Extend

"Lenglon-san, from what you've just said, it makes it sound like you think i can't improve my play from previous experiances... well thats incredibly insulting."
"I only said it because I was asked. It's nothing personal, and I'd love to be proven wrong."

"Thirdly, it was needlessly long. You attempted to make it look more imposing by stretching out the length, and including issues that were very, very weak."
This is a joke right

"Overall, that post was nothing but an attempt to join in on Leafsnail-senpai's accusations, an attempt to avoid suspicion being drawn towards you, a lazy case, built on the shoulders of other people's work, without any actual work or thought, quite simply, that pathetic failure of an OMGUS bandwagon mislynch attempt is clear evidence of the fact that you are one of the bullies here Deathsword-senpai, and I look forward to your expulsion."
This isn't a good case.  The entire post is basically sucking up to me to the point where it's embarassing and trying to make it seem that Deathsword is somehow scum just because someone else earlier in the thread agreed with what he said.  If anything Deathsword's case is a lot more fleshed out and specific than mine rather than a regurgitation.
"I'm really having trouble caring, at all, about what people think at this point. Mostly because I think my case is stronger than it's being given credit for, and all that people voting against me are saying is the words 'active lurking' over and over far beyond when it had meaning. I believe I've found scum, and I'm sticking to my conclusion until given evidence otherwise. I'm rather frustrated that my vote on deathsword is so lonely, but it's a lynch vote, not a pressure vote. I guess I might as well get back to looking for the rest of the scum though."
"I do suppose I shouldn't have voiced my conclusion regarding you Leafsnail, that did constitute buddying. Oh well, I stand by my conclusion for what you were doing at the time in any case, although your vote has changed from pressure to lynch."

(running out of patience and endurance here, abandoning RP for a bit)
Phantom: get in here and do something already.
Dariush: just highlight the text if it's oh so hard to read, and in the meantime post something.
Nerjin:
Yeah... the socially inept part... His failure with automatic in the middle of his fight with snake, and when he get's his men to shoot in the middle of a "one on one" fight. He get's way more badass at the end but for the first half.. meh. (The main thing I didn't like about MGS3 was the way humor was implemented to be honest. Also the shagohod. I hated that fight.)

PPE: I haven't played MGS2 yet sorry. Just going off what I know.

"I loved the humor in 3. Besides in the first half he was showing off and that's part of why the gun jammed. That's not ineptness that's just him messing up on camera. He also tells his men NOT to interfere in the one on one fight. Ocelot is astounding. I will admit the Shagohod wasn't the best but I loved it none-the-less."
you hypocritical little twit. lookit your content-less post. if you think it's such a horrible sin why did you do this?
Shinigami:
Yeah... the socially inept part... His failure with automatic in the middle of his fight with snake, and when he get's his men to shoot in the middle of a "one on one" fight. He get's way more badass at the end but for the first half.. meh. (The main thing I didn't like about MGS3 was the way humor was implemented to be honest. Also the shagohod. I hated that fight.)

PPE: I haven't played MGS2 yet sorry. Just going off what I know.
same question.
Ranger: post your reads, at least six of them, right now.

PPE: dont care, will answer later, patience ran out.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 03, 2013, 09:29:17 pm »

"Still working on that one because y'know... Life gets in the way and I have other things that need done.

I'll admit... I wrote that down around 2 hours earlier so I should have erased it but... No dice. My apologies."

@Lenglon

A few content-less posts are fine here and there. I went through and hit around three to five in a row on you.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 03, 2013, 09:39:40 pm »

"Still working on that one because y'know... Life gets in the way and I have other things that need done.

I'll admit... I wrote that down around 2 hours earlier so I should have erased it but... No dice. My apologies."

@Lenglon

A few content-less posts are fine here and there. I went through and hit around three to five in a row on you.
Nerjin: (show me the longest gap you can find, include the timestamps and the non-content-less posts that bracket it.)
-snip-
(...I'm scummy for hunting well... What!?!?)
Lenglon- You keep praising Ranger's scumhunting but I have not noticed anything stand out. What are you seeing? Also why did you list him as lean scum?
"Well, Ranger-kun... look, at least in my past experience, Ranger-kun has been really bad at this. The reason i've been praising his scumhunting isn't that it's particularly good, it's that it's not particularly bad. I was expecting him to, quite frankly, be incompetent. Since he hasn't been, I think there is a decent chance that he is being tutored in secret by one of the bullies. That is also why I started taking notes about people's mannerisms. I've been looking to see if he would start talking like somebody else. So far, I haven't noticed it happen, so I haven't pushed the issue."
(additionally, those are my reads you idiot. I'm not trying to make a case out of them, and I only presented them because Ranger wanted them.)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 03, 2013, 09:52:12 pm »

(Meh, saw that coming. Two for each category!)

Phantom of the Library-Null read(small lean scum): Is currently lurking and hasn't posted enough previously for a good read. If he doesn't post tomorrow, we're gonna need a prod.

Shinigami-Null read: Really busy with school and other various things. His posts give me no indication of his alignment.

Dariush-Lean scum read: Done almost nothing but complain about Solifuge's pictures, little to no scum-hunting from what i can tell, and has a negative attitude to the whole thing right now.

Lenglon-Scum: Appears to be desperately hiding something behind a wall of explanations that could be easily simplified, conflicting explanations for reads, misquoting... i think it was leafsnail, doing much less than she has from previous examples of her play.

Solifuge-Town: Points are valid, trying to keep reads on people who he thinks hes beginning to ignore, no scummy behaviour that i can find.

Tiruin-Lean town: Sticking to her usual play, nothing scummy so far, points are concise, nothing unusual.
[/quote]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 03, 2013, 09:55:09 pm »

Lenglon-Scum:  misquoting... i think it was leafsnail
Ranger: (This is a baldfaced lie, show me the proof you scum.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 03, 2013, 10:02:28 pm »

You're starting to flail at this point.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 03, 2013, 10:04:28 pm »

"Lenglon I'm going to give you some advice at this point because you seem new. Take a few hours to calm down. Then present a case with the best facts you can. Flailing doesn't help anyone and generally makes you appear scum. Just take a bit of time to cool off. React with logic and not with emotion."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 03, 2013, 10:10:04 pm »

You're starting to flail at this point.
so I should accept lies? what are you smoking and why arn't you sharing?

Everyone voting for me: Please tell me how long, in real-life time, between content-containing posts is considered acceptable. and summarize any aspects of your case against me other than the active-lurking joke.

PPE:
Nerjin you coward. back up your statement. I think you're full of it and I intend to prove it. you're just trying to get out of exposing how weak your case really is.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 03, 2013, 10:33:38 pm »

Not directed at me, but IMO the rule of thumb is once a day.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 03, 2013, 10:41:50 pm »

"Ask and ye shall receive Lenglon-san."
Lenglon: deflecting suspicion onto other people is really not a good way to respond to an allegation.  It implies you're thinking about your actions in terms of "How can I fit in" rather than "why is what I am doing justified".  What I mean is that while you have been posting content, it all gives the impression that you're trying to fill space rather than achieve anything meaningful.  Much like a 10 minute lecture on magical circuits, or a lacrosse training arc.
"So you're upset that I'm talking to people and having fun while I look for the bullies? Well, you can waste your time being upset about that and join Jim-chan's stop having fun train if you really want to. In the meantime I plan on enjoying myself while I'm here. Not everything I say has to be 100% serious you know. As long as I'm still hunting for the bullies, and trying to get stuff done, I don't see a problem."

(This combined with the 3 posts afterward)

PPE: Not sure why its getting put into a quote...
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 100