Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 164808 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #450 on: June 03, 2013, 10:44:49 pm »

ok, sorry. I guess I was flailing. Ranger's comment about misquoting really is a bladfaced lie, but apparently I lost my temper pretty badly. I really do think that most of you are full of it. I think I kinda forced leafsnail to vote me, I'm... unsure about shinigami and ranger (I don't read people as well while i'm mad), Deathsword's still scum of course, and toaster and Nerjin have me confused.

Nerjin, I really need to know what posts you're spending all this time talking about if i'm going to address the issue. by refusing to tell me that, you are constantly changing what it is you're talking about to consistantly portray me in a poor light.

overall this has stopped being fun for me, and i'm debating between sticking this out and hoping things will get better, or just up and replacing already. from my perspective, i'm being attacked for RPing and a RP heavy game, which is quite simply dumb. I have no reason to hang around the subforum in general if all it is is anger and drop-dead seriousness. I play Games to have fun. and if there's no fun to be had...

PPE:
oh, that.

go follow the link in the quote to the original post. all leafsnail was saying there was that my answer was to a different question than he had asked. the quote itself was perfectly fine.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Starts May 30th]
« Reply #451 on: June 03, 2013, 11:02:56 pm »

PFP - caught up to only the last pages because overslept >_>
Tiruin: Respect (null) - dodged a trap absolutely perfectly, operates at a minimum of Tier 3 in WIFOM
I'm doing WIFOM? O_o

What trap? There was a trap?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For all those voting for Lenglon, I'd like to ask on an expounding of their case on her. You all mostly say her RP is like a cover up? I don't sense that..for while it seems to be long winded and all that blah blah stuff, I really don't think people would do such an act this early in time, with that kind of context as a 'cover story.'

tl;dr: Newbie scum? Don't think they'll play like that. I'm leaning on fun and humor, but I see her scumhunting--where was the active lurking? That means she's putting fluff posts. Where are the fluff posts? How do they affect the game?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 03, 2013, 11:04:50 pm »

"Hm... y'know... This is a relatively RP heavy game... Give me a while to think on this. I think I may have jumped ahead of myself."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 03, 2013, 11:15:29 pm »

Not directed at me, but IMO the rule of thumb is once a day.
thank you, I now have a standard to work with.

since I dont expect Nerjin to be reasonable, I'm going to go ahead and just collect all my posts, sorted by RL days, up to my case on deathsword.
-hit the character limit, plan on double-posting-
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 03, 2013, 11:18:50 pm »

anyway, as you can see, although I do have content-less posts in there, on a per-day basis i'm one of the most active scumhunters of the people here. I'm just spreading it out over a bunch of little posts instead of one or two giant ones.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Starts May 30th]
« Reply #455 on: June 03, 2013, 11:34:47 pm »

PFP - caught up to only the last pages because overslept >_>
Tiruin: Respect (null) - dodged a trap absolutely perfectly, operates at a minimum of Tier 3 in WIFOM
I'm doing WIFOM? O_o

What trap? There was a trap?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If the people trying to lynch me were actually doing their research, they would have caught this, because this trap was the actual scummiest thing I've done all game.
EBWOP
"I mean, he's asking himself why he's handsome, and all that...n-not that I think he's handsome. I mean, everyone's handsome in some way."
"OOooooohhhh, Tiruin liiiiiiiiiiiiikes Ford. Are you saying you'd like it if he put you in a cage tonight?" (aka, used a jailkeeper's night action on you?)

"He's an acquaintance! :I Also...err, what? I didn't say anything like that, but..ehh, sure? I guess? Is it a nice cage? But I don't like being caged..but this cage is protective? Unsure, I'd like others to be protected as bullies are really mean, but..sure.

"It'd be nice to see more variants than the usual."
Like Jailkeepers, never saw them in any game before. "Why do you ask?"
the question I asked you there was borderline rolefishing, and you answered perfectly to a T, you maintained a playful attitude, you gave the answer that doesn't give away information, you asked me why without giving away the problem you'd noticed with the question, and you didn't follow up on my explanation. If I was actually rolefishing, it would have made things look like I had been undetected, so if that was what I was really doing I'd try it again, possibly on someone else, and you'd be able to make a case out of it. as it was, it was too weak to really prove anything.
I had to be really careful about who I asked that by the way. I needed to make sure that whoever I asked would be someone experienced enough to not give the wrong answer. what I was wondering was what your follow up would be, and the level of awareness shown in your answer makes me think you operate at a minimum of tier 3 in WIFOM situations. possibly higher. this told me what kinds of possible slips to look for, although in of itself any answer at all to that question is a nulltell. the respect is because tier 3 is a royal pain to catch, let alone anything higher than that. in point of fact how well you answered that question is why I have you as null instead of leaning town. I have too much respect for you to think that your actions really indicate if you're town or not.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 03, 2013, 11:42:55 pm »

I don't have much to say right now due to the fact that I'm trying to do homework. I would like to speak up for, and go against anyone's case that purely attacks Lenglon for RPing. She is here to have fun and she is having it. I haven't been RPing because I find it would require more time and consideration but if she wants to do it (especially when everyone else is doing it) then let her. I see no real reason to attacking her for it.
 Lenglon,
you hypocritical little twit. lookit your content-less post. if you think it's such a horrible sin why did you do this?
 -snip-
same question
I don't think I ever attacked you for lack of content. :I Just say'n. I thought this slight deviation was worth the fun while it lasted.

Spoiler: Lenglon is cool (click to show/hide)
At previous points, not often in this game but in other games as well I meantioned that I like Lenglon's style. This is a perfect example of what I like about her thinking.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 03, 2013, 11:51:02 pm »

WTF is going on?
Unvote
Extend

the question I asked you there was borderline rolefishing, and you answered perfectly to a T...
I don't think this qualifies as a trap, but whatever. What's Tier 3 WIFOM?

Reads...
Why did you choose those six out of all players? Do you think you were lying?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 03, 2013, 11:55:07 pm »

WIFOM "Wine In Front Of Me" Trying to pick which glass to try to avoid the poison. The one near your enemy or the one near you. Tier three would just mean you are thinking three steps ahead. Teir one would just consist of you thinking that your opponent won't take what you think into consideration. WIFOM get's confusing. Correct me if I'm wrong and you mean something else lenglon.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 04, 2013, 12:11:17 am »

WIFOM "Wine In Front Of Me" Trying to pick which glass to try to avoid the poison. The one near your enemy or the one near you. Tier three would just mean you are thinking three steps ahead. Teir one would just consist of you thinking that your opponent won't take what you think into consideration. WIFOM get's confusing. Correct me if I'm wrong and you mean something else lenglon.
that is exactly what i mean.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 04, 2013, 12:34:46 am »

Unvote.

Two more extensions needed. I'm quite interested in those voting for Lenglon because it looks more like people're coming up with reasons for an easy lynch more often than not.

And it began with 'active lurking.'

..Shin: How did you get what a T3 WIFOM thing means? I didn't see what she said as some kind of trap, still.

ZU: You're missing out on a lot--I'm guessing its due to activity, what's your idea on the current situation?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 04, 2013, 12:52:06 am »

..EBWOP. Bluh.

Nerjin. Tell me, here, on the difference between Lenglon's target, and the crux of your idea on her. You're prodding her, mostly, for what seems to be active lurking with a side dish of her argument on Deathsword. The side dish? You didn't focus on.

Your comment on the matter (and not a query, but a definitive) was
The fact that he brings up previous players’ points doesn’t make his case weak. It simply states that he agrees with these people. The more I read your posts the more it seems like you’re just trying to do enough to avoid attention. But maybe I’m wrong.
in regard to DS, who was reflecting active lurking from Leafsnail. Something of which also lacked any inquiries while putting the label of fluff on her posts.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that some of Lenglon's posts have been fluffy--but not totally devoid of content. Just because she may be long winded and practically 'stuttering', it does not give leeway for those to just label that as evasion without looking deeper into said context/content.

Next, if I may pull a conversational tic into the matter; Lenglon reacted with anger in the previous posts in relation to her. What can you make of that?

Deathsword: What do you think of how Lenglon is working on her targets? Is there any scummy motive to her posts in relation to them?

To add to Leafsnail, What's wrong with being 'meek as hell', huh? How does that even avoid anything?

Second, you didn't even reply to her most pertinent point to your allegation back there. Why didn't you, and what did you make of it, assuming you read over it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 04, 2013, 01:11:47 am »

Shinigami and I have been in the exact same games as each other. We both replaced late in to the same BM for our first game, we both began in the same BM for our second game (with you GMing Tiruin), and for both of us this is our third game. I explained my views on WIFOM to him in the past, and he has the most hands-on-experience with how I interpret that kind of information of anyone here. It's only natural that if anyone would understand what I mean on the subject, he would.

oh, and to head off the oncoming "don't read into the WIFOM" speech. I've heard it already, and know better than to read into the nightkills and such under normal circumstances. I've simply found other uses for the information and think it is useful to know how people think.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 04, 2013, 02:05:48 am »

I have noticed that DARIUSH-KUN and VECOOSTER-SANKUN have been using excessive profanity.  This is simply unacceptable in the classroom environment!  Continued rule violation will deem worthy punishment!
Seriously?
Do you want me to be serious?!  Well, I wouldn't prefer it since it's in the rules...

Well, goshdarnit all to heck.

Not great, but it's lower now.

Why are you praising something as clever that attempts to curb something that is already ineffective?

Jim- I don't disagree with some of your points there but, votes can be used for pressure and this did ot seem like a definitive vote. Why are you attacking someone for putting pressure on others?

If it's pressure, what over? What is telling Dariush he's a big poopoohead so he should be lynched going to reveal about him?

Passive aggressive- When I used this term I was referring to someone who acts aggressive and attacks people but is really lax and doesn't do to much with pushing. So I'll ask you again, could you list the top passive aggressive players here? Top three in order would be nice.

This is not the correct usage of this term.

Whoa MGS3 is so cool

This is pointless and off topic.

To all of you who participated, why? There's a place for off topic stuff, it's called the rest of the forum.

"Jim You are right. I shouldn't use others suspicions to back my own or even say anything closely related to them. From now on I shall only use ENTIRELY BRAND NEW ideas to attack people. Guess I'm not posting ever again."

Preferably if you're going to agree with somebody you'd take a bit of effort to make the attack your own somehow.

If all you do is agree with people then you're just blending in and not scumhunting. You know, scummy stuff.

"Hm... y'know... This is a relatively RP heavy game... Give me a while to think on this. I think I may have jumped ahead of myself."

Ha, hilarious. Tiruin asks you to expound on your case on Lenglon and you immediately start backtracking.

overall this has stopped being fun for me, and i'm debating between sticking this out and hoping things will get better, or just up and replacing already. from my perspective, i'm being attacked for RPing and a RP heavy game, which is quite simply dumb. I have no reason to hang around the subforum in general if all it is is anger and drop-dead seriousness. I play Games to have fun. and if there's no fun to be had...

If you're in it for the fun I think you're in the wrong game.

I can't say I have fun playing mafia games. I play (played) mafia because arguing and debating and confronting people is thrilling.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 04, 2013, 03:38:04 am »

anyway, as you can see, although I do have content-less posts in there, on a per-day basis i'm one of the most active scumhunters of the people here. I'm just spreading it out over a bunch of little posts instead of one or two giant ones.
Every single one of deathsword's posts, quoted in full
HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME I AM NOT LURKING. THIS GUY HAS LESS POSTS THAN ME SO HE MUST BE SCUM. Scumhunting is measured in results, not in time or number of posts. Just because you spent so much time on a single person since the first real day doesn't net you any townie points. It does the opposite, actually.

I have noticed that DARIUSH-KUN and VECOOSTER-SANKUN have been using excessive profanity.  This is simply unacceptable in the classroom environment!  Continued rule violation will deem worthy punishment!
We are not in a classroom, we are sitting in chairs playing Mafia. Or at least trying to, while fuckfaces people of disreputable character like Lenglon, NQT and Solifuge keep fucking shit up negatively affecting our experience, may the demons devour their guts.

#[NQT] shudders at all the bickering and noise.

"This one respectfully notes that until there is concrete evidence of bullying, we don't have any solid grounds for kicking people out of school. If we are to expel, let us expel the one who is most disruptive and inconsiderate. Dariush-yōgisha rudely insists that Soli-chan is hard to quote, when nothing could be easier. Whether we think Soli-chan is a bully or not, the cat's meow is easy to quote and Dariush-yōgisha is hardly hunting scum with this line of attack."
Roleplaying aside, did you seriously vote me because I asked Solifuge to stop posting in pictures like an pants-shitting toddler he is? After you jumped onto SK bandwagon and off it when you saw he isn't going to get lynched?

(I have to agree with Toaster and Tiruin Dariush, the pictures are easily quotable as you can just copy the picture to your desktop and then add it too your post. It seems rather simple to me. Your one of only two people who are finding the pictures annoying, and complaining about them doesn't get you anywhere so just stop and make a case not based around your personal hatred of Cat pictures.)
copy the picture to your desktop and then add it too your post

(UNVOTE and vote Lenglon, RPing is nice and all, but your getting ridiculous. Staying in character is fine, but the amount of time you spend making those excuses is staggering. In RL, IC, and in-game sense, you are stuttering and fumbling around like someone whos been backed into a corner with no escape, and has something that they want desperately to hide. Why do you spend a paragraph making an excuse when you could state very clearly your reasons for disagreeing? Give us your reads on atleast SIX people please with reasons why.)

(Made all OOC due to not knowing how to phrase this in character.)
Lol hipocrisy. Posting in pictures is completely okay (even going as far as FoSing the guy asking the poster to stop), but roleplaying is worthy of a vote. A fourth vote.

'Jumped ahead of myself'. Really. While presenting your case in the format of a wall of text with carefully linked relevant posts of your target, on whom your vote is fifth. And you still haven't unvoted despite admitting to not thinking this through. And you didn't extend despite the day ending soon. Are you writing a guide 'How not to play as scum' or something?

Dariush
"And finally, um, Dariush-senpai! To be quite blunt, you confuse me. You dont seem to be active in school at the same times as when you're active in the great temple. I dont understand why that is. could you please explain?"
Because trying to solve a well-made puzzle is way more interesting and fun than digging through colorful RPing vomit of teenage girls with inflated senses of self-opinion like you.
"What do you see in her words, then? Something? Nothing? What?"
In her (wait, is Lenglon actually female or are you referring to his female persona? Because if the latter, then my detestation of you just passed borders I previously thought impassable) words I saw shitcolors, shithonorifics and shitroleplaying. I think that is sufficient.
Lenglon is female. I asked her personally. If you already detest me, then be straight with it..sheesh. >_>
I already said I do. If, however, it turned out that you're referring to a male player as his female persona, then I would have started detesting you even more.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 100