Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 164546 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #495 on: June 04, 2013, 07:57:25 pm »

Possibly griffinpup and I could both play the same character (simultaneously)? We get confused for each-other enough.
(You should form a mafia triumvirate with Griffpup and GlyphGriff.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 04, 2013, 08:10:16 pm »

Toony, I know that you do regular vote counts but could you do one now? I think some things have changed and I'm not sure what exactly is going on. I would like to have enough time to look at what is going on before today's lynch seeing as I'm pretty sure we aren't going to go through with the extend at this rate.
I've done one every day so far so don't worry.

Vote Count:

(1)Vecooster - Toaster
(0)Griffionday -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(0)Toaster -
(0)Tiruin -
(1)Dariush - Notquitethere
(0)Zombie Urist -
(0)Phantom of the Library -
(1)Shinigami_King - Griffonday
(0)RangerCado -
(1)Deathsword - Lenglon
(1)Notquitethere - Vecooster
(4)Lenglon - Leafsnail, Deathsword, RangerCado, Nerjin
(1)Solifuge - Dariush
(3)Nerjin - Phantom of the Library, Shinigami_King, Tiruin

Not Voting: Captain Ford, Solifuge, Zombie Urist

Nerjin, Shinigami_King, Tiruin, RangerCado, Leafsnail, Lenglon, Zombie Urist, Solifuge, Captain Ford, and Griffionday have requested an extension.  10/16 is over 50%, it has passed.

Day 1 will last until Wednesday, 6/5 at 11 PM EST.

Probably request replacement
I'm sorry guys, this seems like it will be an awesome game (although I find it funny no-ones talked about the night rules yet...) and I REALLY wish I could actually play.  But no, finals are upon me; and alas, I don't have enough time to play two games.  This game has just begun so a replace here will be less disrupting than one in the BM.
So unless you'd be willing to tolerate my continued lurking until next Thursday I must request a replacement.  Sorry to disappoint, and I hope to get to play a game with all of you later. 
Good luck.
Anybody willing to hold the mantle for a week?  Webadict?  Any of the people in The Replacements?

Also, I am sending out everybody's silhouettes tonight.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 04, 2013, 08:29:28 pm »

LS- If you feel happy with a lenglon lynch, why are you extending? Are you trying to make those who want to extend pleased?
I'd like to give everyone to weigh in on his lynch.

overall this has stopped being fun for me, and i'm debating between sticking this out and hoping things will get better, or just up and replacing already. from my perspective, i'm being attacked for RPing and a RP heavy game, which is quite simply dumb. I have no reason to hang around the subforum in general if all it is is anger and drop-dead seriousness. I play Games to have fun. and if there's no fun to be had...
You're characterising the attacks on you in this way, but I don't think it's accurate.  There are other players like Solifuge who are also roleplaying pretty hard, but who aren't being attacked for it.

To add to Leafsnail, What's wrong with being 'meek as hell', huh? How does that even avoid anything?
If you state your opinions clearly then you are likely to get into fights and attract attention.  If you act meek and passive then you are not.  Avoiding attention is something highly desirable for mafia members, and they don't care about the downside to being meek (totally ineffective scumhunting) while town players do.

Second, you didn't even reply to her most pertinent point to your allegation back there. Why didn't you, and what did you make of it, assuming you read over it.
Yeah I didn't read it because it was a huge awkward wall of purple text.

It starts with a deflection to lurkers, again missing the point of active lurking as an allegation.  The rest of it seems to be an attempt to buddy me, or stuff I feel I have already adequately responded to.

If you're in it for the fun I think you're in the wrong game.

I can't say I have fun playing mafia games. I play (played) mafia because arguing and debating and confronting people is thrilling.
It's like debating only ad-hominem attacks are totally valid.  What's not to love?

I think even if you put together a fantastic case it's gonna struggle due to sheer lack of time.  Why not try and put something together now?

And you kindof called Lenglon town, but if you lack any real scum suspects that still strikes me as a lack of solid reads.

Everyone- yes you- do you think we should stay in our own houses tonight?
We have no method of enforcing a curfew, so it'd be pointless to restrict our actions like that.

Is there any danger for non-bullies if we mass claim our silhouettes now?
Yeah - it'd allow scum to work out which house corresponds to which person and thus target people.

Is it likely that bullies need to know where we live or where we're sleeping to get us?
I'm pretty sure that's why the mechanic is there.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 04, 2013, 08:47:00 pm »

(Anyone else just recieve their silhouette? (man i was way off with my guess)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 04, 2013, 08:57:12 pm »

(I did and it wasn't who I expected but I wasn't that surprised. If you're still online Ranger, answer my questionnaire.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 04, 2013, 08:59:04 pm »

Everybody should know who their silhouette is now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 04, 2013, 09:01:28 pm »

...having fun...

You wouldn't.

Shinigami:
"Seeing as you've known Lenglon for quite some time, what do you see about her? Read? What about her post-habits? Regardless of roleplaying, do you see anything else there?"

Wait, are there a bunch of kids from the same high middle school playing this game right now?

#[NQT] passes questionnaires out to the other students...

Sleeping Arrangements and Shadows

UR SCUM

NO REALY

Is it likely that bullies need to know where we live or where we're sleeping to get us?

WHEN R U ANWSER MY QUESITONS SCUMFAEC

Did I get a 100%?

Solifuge: May I remind you once again of the deadline:

Day 1 will last until Wednesday, 6/5 at 11 PM EST.

Or, you know, tomorrow.

At some point you're going to have to quit dawdling and actually make a case against somebody.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 04, 2013, 09:13:45 pm »

"NQT-san, Telling all of the bullies where we live (and what picture we are) or lack there of will just get us all attacked. And if leaving our homes allows us to further find the bullies, we should do so. Your questions are not very productive for Non-bullies but would help the bullies themselves incredibly. Why are you asking these questions?"
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 04, 2013, 09:23:24 pm »

No, I believe that figuring out who lives in what house is crucial to winning the game. It's worth noting that the rules indicate that you will find out who the house belongs to whether or not they are there at the time. Everyone who isn't doing something more important should visit someone else's house.

...I hope there aren't any traps around. O_o

But I still think the exploration is worth it.

Yeah. It would allow bullies to identify you.

Yep. Of course, all they have to do is aim for any house that doesn't belong to a bully.

And Ranger beat me to the punch, but here we go:
Now why didja ask these questions, punk?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 04, 2013, 09:40:23 pm »

#[NQT] receives Vecooster's hostile form back with some shock, and then in an embarassed fluster, recalls that Vecooster had valid grounds for hostility!

What the hell.

What the fuck is this.

Lynching someone because he's an abrasive jackass and doesn't like something is an utterly fucking unacceptable reason for a vote.

You better have some expert fucking elaboration on this point, and it better be so goddamned good that it's going to turn my anger right the fuck around and put a bright, shining smile on my face as I nod along in strong agreement, because otherwise, you're lazier goddamn scum than Nerjin.

You know what?

Have a little impetus.

notquitethere.
"Hmm... I'm sorry I missed responding to this[(I probably read it late at night and forgot it by the morning)]. Dariush-yōgisha was only being abrasive and not constructive. In contrast to what you're doing right now, which is to be abrasive and constructive at the same time.

"Also, it is worth pointing out that while my vote has weight enough to pressure, it's not yet an evict-from-school vote (like a vote on Nerjin-san or Lenglon-kun would be at this stage).

"I'm saying, with my vote, that I'd like to see more constructive use of the indomitable rage. Is this a problem?

"Will you answer my questionaire properly now please?"

#[NQT] bows respectfully to Ranger and Ford after they hand back their forms.

"I just want to make sure we're on the same page. I never suggested we should say where we live and I don't know why you would mention that.

"Initially, I didn't think it would matter if the bullies knew our shadows: they probably don't care who they bully-- but it's probably best to play it safe and not give away too much.

"Like I have said before, I think we should sleep at other people's houses every night for our own safety and, of course, so we can find out more about our fellow students.

"If you think it helps bullies too much, you can refuse to answer questions like Lenglon-kun has. How does the information help bullies exactly? I can only see benefits to good students if we know broadly what the normal behavior of our fellows is going to look like."

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 04, 2013, 09:43:28 pm »

...having fun...
You wouldn't.
I would.

From Noon to Midnight baby.

And I never rolled above 10.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 04, 2013, 09:48:02 pm »

I'd gladly sub in for Griffionday for about a week.
Aww... Night 1 is almost here, and Jim was filling in for a week for Vector. Maybe you could get a temporary replacement too, if you still want to play? :\

If someone would be willing too... Possibly griffinpup and I could both play the same character (simultaneously)? We get confused for each-other enough.
+1  That would be quite fun. :D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 04, 2013, 09:49:57 pm »

I'd gladly sub in for Griffionday for about a week.
Okay.  You are now Griffion...just Griffion.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 04, 2013, 09:58:33 pm »

Ford:
Apologies for missing Monday. I was busy having fun with RL friends.

NO FUN ALLOWED

Umm...what do I need to elaborate on? If the lynch was used on someone who is unlynchable, then it does nothing, and the bullies get a free night kill.

Recent experience has taught me that I can't count on people to not lynch the unlynchable guy (even myself).

Permanently?  Today only?  Conditionally?  If you're going to claim unlynchable, you ought to be more specific.

NQT:
Sleeping Arrangements and Shadows

1.  "Should town avoid using their roles while scum do it anyway Y/N"  (Hint:  No)
2.  Probably.  More importantly, is there any benefit?
3.  I doubt it.  Do you expect them to have an "enter house, kill all occupants" power?

Also, allow me to cite the OP:

3. I frown on mass-claiming early on.  I'll try to develop a system where mass-claiming D1 won't work but there's nothing I can do to stop players besides frown and maybe penalize them.  Don't do it.

Jimmy John:  Why is Solifuge suspect for having no vote while ZU and Ford are equally guilty of that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 04, 2013, 10:16:43 pm »

"Zombie-san, I picked those people pretty much at random. The only thing not random about who i picked was that i picked 2 for each calcification we have for our reads. And no i don't think i'm lying, why do you ask?" (I'm never gonna be allowed to forget magic mafia will i?)
Then you must think Lenglon is lying about misquoting someone. Why aren't you doing anything about it? What about magic mafia?

No. Power roles should use their powers.
Possibly. Toony said that D1 claims were designed to be useless and frowned upon. (PPE'd by Toaster)
Makes sense flavor-wise.
Why are you referring to yourself with the #[NQT]?

"Also, it is worth pointing out that while my vote has weight enough to pressure, it's not yet an evict-from-school vote (like a vote on Nerjin-san or Lenglon-kun would be at this stage).
"I'm saying, with my vote, that I'd like to see more constructive use of the indomitable rage. Is this a problem?
Yeah. Its wayyy to late in the day for pressure votes.

ZU: You're missing out on a lot--I'm guessing its due to activity, what's your idea on the current situation?
Sometimes it feels like Lenglon's playing an entirely different game.  ???

Leafsnail:
How about you?
Favourite tell: commenting on the validity of a case against someone while specifically avoiding talking about the person themselves.
Least favourite: "flailing", ie getting panicked, angry or illogical when driven into a corner.  It is basically never a valid tell (there was a statistical analysis that suggested the person who accuses someone of it is usually mafia though).
You're answering a completely different question. Which ones are most/least valid, not favorite.

Jimmy John:  Why is Solifuge suspect for having no vote while ZU and Ford are equally guilty of that?
Seriously? I just unvoted and Ford has no vote.
Also that link almost crashed my browser.  :(

Mod: PotL should probably be prodded.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 100