Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 164420 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #510 on: June 04, 2013, 10:19:15 pm »

Mod: PotL should probably be prodded.
Prod being sent.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 04, 2013, 10:21:10 pm »

ZU:
Jimmy John:  Why is Solifuge suspect for having no vote while ZU and Ford are equally guilty of that?
Seriously? I just unvoted and Ford has no vote.
Also that link almost crashed my browser.  :(

Hurp durp.  Can the Ford part then.

Also, no idea on that.  It's a sub shop website that should be totally legit.

Ford:  If you could vote, who would your vote be on?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 04, 2013, 10:29:30 pm »

"Zombie-san, there doesn't appear to be a reason too. Looking at it, what Lenglon-san said, it was more a misunderstanding on my part." (It seems i keep getting accused of lying because of my gambit in Magic Mafia) "You do raise a good point about Lenglon-san though seeming to be in his own little world though." (Possibly Third Party? Tom cruise Cult? Joker? If he's a joker i'll slam my head into my desk... I'll even video tape it and post it)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Starts May 30th]
« Reply #513 on: June 04, 2013, 10:35:11 pm »

Why are you referring to yourself with the #[NQT]?
"This is my gender neutral student number. You are student #26-21, [ZU] after all."
Student #14-17-20 [NQT] slips in almost unnoticed. A few inconsiderate classmates jibe and jeer, but #[NQT] is unphased and answers back in a quiet, calm voice.

Yeah. Its wayyy to late in the day for pressure votes.
"That you're voting to have me evicted for a linguistic eccentricity (we're too late in the day for pressure votes, so you say) is absurd and incredibly suspicious. My linguistic conceit is not a suspendable offence, but making spurious or hypocritical attacks might just well be, eh Zombie-san?"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 04, 2013, 10:39:17 pm »

"Hmm... I'm sorry I missed responding to this[(I probably read it late at night and forgot it by the morning)]. Dariush-yōgisha was only being abrasive and not constructive. In contrast to what you're doing right now, which is to be abrasive and constructive at the same time.

"Also, it is worth pointing out that while my vote has weight enough to pressure, it's not yet an evict-from-school vote (like a vote on Nerjin-san or Lenglon-kun would be at this stage).

"I'm saying, with my vote, that I'd like to see more constructive use of the indomitable rage. Is this a problem?

This story is not believable.

So you're voting for Dariush, but you wouldn't lynch him for being abrasive and not constructive. At least not yet.

It sounds like you hardly suspect him. Which, naturally, raises the question of who you suspect, since you have yet to form an opinion on a player besides Dariush in a way that convinces me that you're actually interested in finding scum.

"Will you answer my questionaire properly now please?"

#[NQT] passes questionnaires out to the other students...

Sleeping Arrangements and Shadows
Everyone- yes you- do you think we should stay in our own houses tonight?

UR SCUM
NO

Is there any danger for non-bullies if we mass claim our silhouettes now?

NO REALY
YEH PROBLY BUT NOT AS MUCH AS PEEPHOLE ARE SAYIN

Is it likely that bullies need to know where we live or where we're sleeping to get us?

WHEN R U ANWSER MY QUESITONS SCUMFAEC
I DUNNO PROBOBABLY NOT

What were the point of these questions? Oh, right. You just explained it, but it looks just as useless and worthless as your pressure vote on Dariush.

You're scum making overtures of productivity.

PPE:

"That you're voting to have me evicted for a linguistic eccentricity (we're too late in the day for pressure votes, so you say) is absurd and incredibly suspicious. My linguistic conceit is not a suspendable offence, but making spurious or hypocritical attacks might just well be, eh Zombie-san?"

Well, no doubt about it now.

Jimmy John:  Why is Solifuge suspect for having no vote while ZU and Ford are equally guilty of that?

zombie urist and Captain Ford aren't repeatedly mentioning with their kawaii cats how they need time to make a decision, while time is running out. PPE: Also, what zombie urist said. In particular, zombie urist has voted and formed an opinion on someone while Solifuge has yet to do either.

And it wasn't an accusation... yet. More of a reminder to hurry up and get his butt in gear. I want to see something from him soon, or he's completely full of it.

Do you have an opinion on a player besides me?

What about your reads on notquitethere, Nerjin, and Lenglon?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 04, 2013, 11:03:21 pm »

Also, no idea on that.  It's a sub shop website that should be totally legit.
Its working now. Sadly there are no locations within 15 miles of where I live.

Yeah. Its wayyy to late in the day for pressure votes.
I don't know what this means.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 04, 2013, 11:34:53 pm »

Is it likely that bullies need to know where we live or where we're sleeping to get us?

zombie urist and Captain Ford aren't repeatedly mentioning with their kawaii cats how they need time to make a decision, while time is running out. PPE: Also, what zombie urist said. In particular, zombie urist has voted and formed an opinion on someone while Solifuge has yet to do either.

</catmode>

This is fair, so I should explain:
  • My personal challenge is to render all my content-having posts as Visual Novel screencaps. It's more effort, but it's too absurd and fun to stop now.
  • I'm still finishing up a Mafia that won't die. It's tough for me to mentally switch between games, and most of my focus has been on the other one.
  • Month changes are always a busy time for me, between finishing up work projects, running errands, etc. It's leveling out now, though.
Important part is, I don't want to do a half-arsed vote when I haven't yet done a real read... and some of these posts (particularly Lenglon's) are huge to the point that they exceed the forum character limit. Which is insane. I will vote before the day's end, though. As it sits, I don't suspect I'll be bringing tons of new material to the table; folks like you (Jim) and Leafsnail have already said things I was going to. We'll see once I've combed things over again.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 04, 2013, 11:47:35 pm »

"I dont get it, for some reason, Deathsword-senpai seems to be being considered in the clear by most people. Am I missing something? Why is his refusal to speak being considered more productive than Nerjin-senpai's fickle attitudes? I'm more than willing to admit that Nerjin-senpai has been inconsistent and generally joined in with the actions of his classmates. NQT-senpai's  questionaire, and his choice to focus on Darisuh-senpai's language rather than the actions of his classmates, does seem off-putting to me. but I still feel far more strongly that Deathsword-senpai is one of the bullies than that either of them are."

"Zombie-senapi: could you please tell me what you think of Deathsword-senpai, and where I have mistepped in making my case against him? well, beyond the mistake of losing my temper last period. that was shameful."

"I.. I think I have composed myself since that shameful display last period, but I'm worried that my perspective has been comprimised. I'll go ahead and review today's events, and try to have something more productive soon." (soon here means in the next three hours)
Lenglon moves to a corner of the room, takes her tape recorder out of her pocket, and holds it to her ear while taking notes on the back of an old homework assignment.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 05, 2013, 12:20:17 am »

"Hello everyone, I am the worst player to have in any mafia game ever but I'm gonna try to answer some points here regardless."

#[NQT] passes questionnaires out to the other students...

Probably not. As it seems a bit unsafe. I assume most people have a role power in this assumption because... I dunno all the sillouettes seem to indicate that we're all "~Special~" in some way. I could be wrong though. SO if that's the case I'm guessing that leaving your own house is the only way to activate your power. Again I don't know for sure.

Yes because Toony said in the OP that he'd probably penalize mass-claims early on.

I doubt it. If they need to know where you live they're pretty ineffective... Granted that could be the case I find it more likely they need to get you alone or something. But again I'm not sure.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 05, 2013, 12:35:59 am »

I doubt it. If they need to know where you live they're pretty ineffective... Granted that could be the case I find it more likely they need to get you alone or something. But again I'm not sure.

(This sounds really creepy if you think about it... I've been hanging around Shinigami too long)

(What is with this thing and hating me trying to quote things!!!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 05, 2013, 02:29:33 am »

(I hate this, I'm quite simply not sure what i'm even looking for anymore, finished my re-read and didn't find remotely as much as I wanted to.)
Toaster: are you seriously just going to vote jim/vector and leave it there all day? I thought it was an amusing joke at first, but the day's nearly over and you still have an RVS vote lying around. If you have an actual case on him, please present it.
Nerjin: I think I understand why you have multiple people voting for you now, Is there any reason for me not to join in?
NQT and Solifuge: the day ends tomorrow, and neither of you appear to be building cases right now. Time's running out and if you have any final questions for me I'd like to actually have a chance to answer them.
Jim/Vector: I think i'm going to be lynched tomorrow. what information should I try to post at the last second before all I have left is a bah post? reads, claims, etc?
Leafsnail: I am sorry that I was stupid enough to admit to what I thought you were doing. not much else I can say on the matter.
Ranger: In my re-read, it seemed your main gripe with me was that I was long-winded. Is that still true? Additionally, if there are any posts you would like for me to give you a short summary of, could you please link me to them.
Griff: Could you tell me what your read is of Leafsnail and why?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 05, 2013, 02:46:06 am »

(Anyone else just recieve their silhouette? (man i was way off with my guess)
Cado, explain the purpose of this post. Why did you ask this publicly? To paint yourself as town due to receiving a silhouette?

This is fair, so I should explain:
  • My personal challenge is to render all my content-having posts as Visual Novel screencaps. It's more effort, but it's too absurd and fun to stop now.
  • I'm still finishing up a Mafia that won't die. It's tough for me to mentally switch between games, and most of my focus has been on the other one.
  • Month changes are always a busy time for me, between finishing up work projects, running errands, etc. It's leveling out now, though.
Important part is, I don't want to do a half-arsed vote when I haven't yet done a real read... and some of these posts (particularly Lenglon's) are huge to the point that they exceed the forum character limit. Which is insane. I will vote before the day's end, though. As it sits, I don't suspect I'll be bringing tons of new material to the table; folks like you (Jim) and Leafsnail have already said things I was going to. We'll see once I've combed things over again.
HOLY SHIT SOLIFUGE CAN SPEAK LIKE A NORMAL MAN AND NOT LIKE A BRAIN-DAMAGED AUTIST TODDLER. REJOICE, CHRISTENDOM.

So, you can waste time on roleplaying and VNifyng your posts (including a brand-new image for answering NQT), but you don't have time for a read or scumhunting. You know, the activities that actually make up the bulk of Mafia. Also, and here I'm going to refer to an unfinished game but I don't care, you can post huge WoTs in Great Temple with links to posts you couldn't have gathered without a careful reread of the longest game on this board but here you didn't even drop a vote. Someone is activelurking scum, and this someone is you.

NQT, your questions are bullshit. Other people have elaborated on this, so I won't.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 05, 2013, 03:48:56 am »

Jim/Vector: I think i'm going to be lynched tomorrow. what information should I try to post at the last second before all I have left is a bah post? reads, claims, etc?

Yeah, those are all good ideas, if you want.

Your reads will probably be ignored; if they're not making waves now they won't just because you died. Your claim will get a little more attention, but since you haven't done anything with it yet it will likely be irrelevant and it won't save you. Your claims and reads are all you really have, so that's all you can really post.

The best strategy when you're about to get lynched is to keep on fighting, but you might get tired of trying and people might tire of hearing what you have to say. It really depends on how convincing you can be, and how much effort you want to put into it given that you might not be successful.

The difference is only a single vote and the deadline is tomorrow night (if you live in the Americas). It's a tough situation, but not a hopeless one.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 05, 2013, 05:31:19 am »

I don't know what this means.

#[NQT] occasionally forgets about having the privilege of a large vocabulary from years of extracurricular reading. 

"Zombie-san, I'll rephrase what I said in simpler words.

"It seems silly and 'scummy' to vote for me just for how I write my name. Usually, I wouldn't take it too seriously but you just said that it is too late for pressure votes. If it is too late for pressure votes then your vote on me (a second vote on me) is a 'lynch vote'.

"You are saying, with your vote, that you want to lynch me just for how I write my name. This is an even worse reason for voting someone than anything I've been blamed of doing by Vecooster-san.

"That Vecooster-san and Dariush-yōgisha seem to think that this is okay is also very 'scummy'."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 05, 2013, 10:24:16 am »

The best strategy when you're about to get lynched is to keep on fighting, but you might get tired of trying and people might tire of hearing what you have to say. It really depends on how convincing you can be, and how much effort you want to put into it given that you might not be successful.

The difference is only a single vote and the deadline is tomorrow night (if you live in the Americas). It's a tough situation, but not a hopeless one.
"I'm willing to try, I just don't know what to do! I suppose the smart thing to do would include moving my vote from Deathsword-senpai to Nerjin-senpai, but it feels, well, dishonest, to do so. I'm not convinced Nerjin-senpai is one of the bullies, although there is a  good chance he is one, and he has been acting suspicious. but I'm certain Deathsword-senpai is one of them. I've been trying to build a stronger case on Deathsword-senpai, but the way he keeps his posts to the bare-bones minimum makes it difficult. The problem is that bare-bones style, and just overall what he has not been doing, is a large part of why I'm so sure he's one of the bullies. He's done this before, and it's his strongest defense as scum. He makes himself a tough target by not speaking out enough, and only barely not being noticed as a lurker. I've said over and over for people to look at his posts, and look for what isn't there. he isn't even answering all the questions he is getting asked! I don't know how to question someone that doesn't even respond. I don't know how to respond to accusations of not trying hard enough when I'm trying my hardest. I'm very, very, unsure of what to do anymore.

Regarding making a claim to try to save myself, that wouldn't work. I do have a role, but it's not critical to the town. I just wanted to know if I should bother to full claim about one or two hours before the end of the day."
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 100