Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 164013 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #555 on: June 05, 2013, 12:57:42 pm »

NQT:  So you admit Jim's case on you has merit?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 05, 2013, 01:06:52 pm »

"Toaster-san, I can see Vecooster-san's point that with less than two days to the deadline, a pressure vote was not appropriate (and it's something I'll bear in mind for future), but I for one would never base a lynching case solely on those grounds-- especially when there are far more egregious mistakes being made by others, and some students have failed to make any kind of coherent case."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 05, 2013, 01:12:17 pm »

3. Deathsword Voted. . . Old Arguments: Null-tell as using others cases to bolster your own or when you honestly just don't have anything to add isn't scummy to me. Others would disagree but...
it took me a while to put into words what this is about, the issue here is that it IS a null-tell. if you discard his one and only case he has made on anyone as null, then he has no questions, no cases, and a single bandwagon vote. I look at what people are NOT doing most of the time, and I see nothing here. even phantom has provided more actual content than deathsword has, and phantom is being prodded for lurking.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 05, 2013, 01:23:09 pm »

"Toaster-san, I can see Vecooster-san's point that with less than two days to the deadline, a pressure vote was not appropriate (and it's something I'll bear in mind for future), but I for one would never base a lynching case solely on those grounds-- especially when there are far more egregious mistakes being made by others, and some students have failed to make any kind of coherent case."

That's not my case, that's zombie urist's.

I don't have the time to clarify right now, but it has more to do with your non-existent scumhunting and empty contributions. Like the pressure vote on Dariush on unacceptable grounds, and the completely worthless questionnaire whose sole purpose seems to be to fill space.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 05, 2013, 01:25:32 pm »

Lenglon pouts as she watches Toaster walk around the room and question her classmates.
" Toaster-senpai! Stop ignoring my qestion! You said Veccovster-Senpai is scum but never said why! Tell me why!"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 05, 2013, 01:29:46 pm »

"Totally worthless, Vecooster-san? That's very presumptive to say. I have discovered that players have vastly different expectations of the bully's powers at night, a fact that might be very telling once we find out what really does happen. Also, you voted me before my questionnaire, so please don't try to dress up a weak case by adding things after the fact."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 05, 2013, 01:37:16 pm »

Lenglon:
Lenglon pouts as she watches Toaster walk around the room and question her classmates.
" Toaster-senpai! Stop ignoring my qestion! You said Veccovster-Senpai is scum but never said why! Tell me why!"

Yes I did.

I've basically forgotten how to play so I'm winging it here.

Bullshit.  Bull fucking shit.

I've played with you plenty damn enough times to know you're quite capable.  You even wrote a book on scummology.  Don't you dare come in and drop such a whopping lie.  I heard mooing all the way over here from all that bullshit.

I know someone setting themselves up an excuse when I see one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 05, 2013, 01:37:59 pm »

Shini:
I'm busy so I'm not going into detail but this-
Lenglon (other than the RPing) is behaving naturally to how she normally plays.
Already summarizes my main thoughts. Tomorrow (in game time) whether she is dead or alive I will state why I think she is town. I should have some time on the weekend to do that as well as make a case on a couple people.
So in the two partial games you have played with her before, she's played like this?  In one of those games, she's not even confirmed town, and could easily be scum.  This is one of the weakest arguments for someone to be town I've ever read.  Is her meta-game the only reason you think she's town?  If so, what are you going to elaborate on tomorrow?
Your second statement, about posting why you think she is town after the end of the day, is also highly suspect.  The mafia would have a large amount of motivation to do something like this.  They'd know whether or not Lenglon is really scum, and assuming she's not, they could make themselves look really good explaining why she shouldn't be lynched after she already had been.  They get a town lynched day one, and then get to look squeaky clean when explaining why she shouldn't be lynched.  Perfect scum move.
Lenglon:
3. Deathsword Voted. . . Old Arguments: Null-tell as using others cases to bolster your own or when you honestly just don't have anything to add isn't scummy to me. Others would disagree but...
it took me a while to put into words what this is about, the issue here is that it IS a null-tell. if you discard his one and only case he has made on anyone as null, then he has no questions, no cases, and a single bandwagon vote.
A fallacious argument.  If we discarded your case against Deathsword as null, then you have an OMGUS vote and no cases.  Oh ya, and a whole lot of hard-to-look-at RP.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 05, 2013, 02:19:55 pm »

(Okay, lets explain)

"I do not think Lenglon-san is a bully. My vote on her was a make or break vote, meant to give some final insight on what side she may be on. I gave reasons which were not the easiest to make a lynch vote out of, though they are some what suspicious, so that i could give a final judgement about what i believe she might be. Her answers have been, from what i can see, honest, forthcoming, and not at all bully-like. Although she may have her own agenda,(third-party) for now my suspicions of her being a bully have been quelled."

(My reasons for asking if anyone else received their silhouette was just curiosity as when Toonyman said he would be sending them out tonight, i thought he had meant after the first Day had ended. I'm not sure how that could be thought of as trying to seem townie.)

(Theory: The bullies have 2 ways to try and NK. The first is to enter a house and kill whoevers there. (random if more than one person is inside) The second is that if they want to target a specific player, they must either not be in a house, or the bullies must know which house they are currently in. I believe that the second option holds some merit but without some other evidence, its all guess work.)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 05, 2013, 02:28:20 pm »

PFP
Been busy with farmwork and errands running with a little familial aggro on the side, going to try and get a decent post in but ye gods there's a lot of text to read through @_@

Extend if one hasn't been passed already.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 05, 2013, 04:43:28 pm »

Okay, that wasn't nearly as bad as expected.

"Phantom-san, I notice that houses will be closed if the occupant has got what they desire. This hints at the existence of third-parties that are neither normal students nor bullies. Is it in our interest to assist or hinder the goals of benign third-parties?"
Depends, if they're goal poses no threat to the town and doesn't interfere with the hunt for bullies I see no reason not to, but if they are going to hinder us in any way or their goal is anti-town then getting rid of them would probably be the better option. It's all contextual.

Testing the waters to see how people will react when they find out your alignment, are we?

Phantom of the Library: Coward
Dohohohoho!

Sleeping Arrangements and Shadows
Everyone- yes you- do you think we should stay in our own houses tonight?

Depends purely on the person and their role.

Is there any danger for non-bullies if we mass claim our silhouettes now?

Probably, given Toony-sensei's statements.

Is it likely that bullies need to know where we live or where we're sleeping to get us?

It's a possibility, whatever the bullies are going to use to take us our could be house targeting or person targeting or they could possibly not have any conventional abilities for taking us out at all!
We just don't know enough yet.

Some thoughts:

Lenglon seems more like a flailing newbie than flailing scum to me.

Suuuuuugooooiiiiii~~~!!!~~~ Dariush-chan is so kawaii when she's angry-desudesu.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 05, 2013, 04:44:14 pm »

Dangit. Hit post instead of preview, more stuff coming up.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 05, 2013, 04:49:29 pm »

Umm...what do I need to elaborate on? If the lynch was used on someone who is unlynchable, then it does nothing, and the bullies get a free night kill.

Recent experience has taught me that I can't count on people to not lynch the unlynchable guy (even myself).

Permanently?  Today only?  Conditionally?  If you're going to claim unlynchable, you ought to be more specific.
OH! I thought you were talking about ... nevermind.

It's involuntary and lasts for a predetermined length of time. I would like to wait at least one day before I claim further.

Ford:  If you could vote, who would your vote be on?
Smart-Ass Answer: My vote would be on Leafsnail, because I have not unvoted or voted anyone else since voting him.

What you're actually asking me is "who do you think is scummy", so I'll try to answer that.

NQT, Deathsword and Nerjin were on my short list, and a reread of their posts revealed nothing.

...and now my boss is shouting in the office and I can't think straight.

ToonyMan: When we visit someone else's house, do we actually stay there for the night? Or do we return to our own house to sleep?

Can we be bullied out of the neighborhood if we visit someone else at night? Are we eliminated from the game if our house is destroyed, regardless of where we were at night?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 05, 2013, 05:15:37 pm »

EBWOP:
Suuuuuugooooiiiiii~~~!!!~~~ Dariush-chan is so kawaii when she's angry-desudesu.
But she doesn't seem to be contributing much else. (TT_TT)

zombie urist seems a little fishy to me, but I can't quite place my finger on it, very weak feeling though.

Deathsword is giving off a similar feeling.

Nerjin is scum looking for an easy lynch. Half the time he's being friendly towards his target and the other half he's being wishy-washy. It seems pretty clear that he shares my feelings that Lenglon is just a flailing newbie, but's still going for the lynch anyway.

Everyone else is varying shades of gray or I just haven't gotten time to analyze yet.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 05, 2013, 05:22:40 pm »

Can we be bullied out of the neighborhood if we visit someone else at night? Are we eliminated from the game if our house is destroyed, regardless of where we were at night?
How on earth would you know that the houses can be destroyed?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 100