Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 164012 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #570 on: June 05, 2013, 05:53:34 pm »

Can we be bullied out of the neighborhood if we visit someone else at night? Are we eliminated from the game if our house is destroyed, regardless of where we were at night?
How on earth would you know that the houses can be destroyed?
Please tell me he doesn't have a cannon.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 05, 2013, 05:59:48 pm »

Can we be bullied out of the neighborhood if we visit someone else at night? Are we eliminated from the game if our house is destroyed, regardless of where we were at night?
How on earth would you know that the houses can be destroyed?
"um, I dont think Ford-senpai should answer your question Griff-san."

"Speaking of unhealthy questions, NQT-senpai, it seems like your questionaire's first question was a form of rolefishing, the second one seems pointless to claim until we've had a least one night, and the third one would enable  the bullies to try to manipulate our perception of who they are and what they can do, especially if we guess wrong. why didn't you wait to pursue this line of questioning until at least day 2, when we would be able to actually get some benefit from it?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 05, 2013, 06:05:07 pm »

Extend

I am dissatisfied with both the prospect of a no-lynch and the prospect of me being lynched. I want Deathsword lynched but i don't seem to be making much headway on that objective. I'm hoping more time will change this.

besides, Phantom and Griff haven't been here very long.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 05, 2013, 06:30:55 pm »

"Lenglon-kun, I hear what your saying and your suspicion is healthy,  but I must respectfully disagree. I think it's important to know what the norms and expectations of my fellow students are, especially if they're going to say strange things in the future. It was important to establish that, broadly speaking, we all think it's a good idea to visit different places. Some students might have tried to claim that we should all stay at home to prevent anyone from finding out about us without us knowing about it but no one has and I find that quite interesting.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 05, 2013, 06:34:59 pm »

"Lenglon-kun, I hear what your saying and your suspicion is healthy,  but I must respectfully disagree. I think it's important to know what the norms and expectations of my fellow students are, especially if they're going to say strange things in the future. It was important to establish that, broadly speaking, we all think it's a good idea to visit different places. Some students might have tried to claim that we should all stay at home to prevent anyone from finding out about us without us knowing about it but no one has and I find that quite interesting.
"well, that plan seems rather obviously flawed to me. in general more information is good for us and bad for the bullies, so taking actions to minimize what information we have seems foolish. I'm quite unsurprised that such a plan as not been mentioned. why did you think it would come up? I don't see what is interesting about it."

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 05, 2013, 06:43:44 pm »

I actually hadn't considered the information obtainable by staying home. The thing is, that depends on someone visiting you, and you only get their silhouette, not their identity or their home.

One very interesting aspect is that since the homes are anonymous, we won't have to worry about the Webadict Effect.

Griffinpup: That was a very good catch. I don't actually know that houses can be destroyed (I can't destroy them personally), but if people can actually sleep over at other people's houses, then I have reason to believe that attacking their home can still eliminate them from the game.

Actually...

NQT: Why do you think people can sleep over at other people's houses?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 05, 2013, 06:48:40 pm »

Lenglon:
Would a no-lynch or a lynch be better for town?

Captain Ford:  what's the Webadict Effect?

To whoever brought it up:
I don't think that much can be read into Nerjin insulting himself.  He's posting that in other threads too.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 05, 2013, 06:56:19 pm »

Captain Ford:  what's the Webadict Effect?
Oh hey. I didn't finish what I was writing.

I went hunting for a reference, but couldn't find it.

PPE: Found it:
This is the Webadict Effect.  Web got such a strong reputation that he became a night-target magnet.  Let me give an example from Bring Your Own Picture 1:  There were 18 total players going into N1.  Web was inspected, protected, blocked, watched, and killed.

I was going to say something after it but I think I pretty much made my point that nobody can target anyone else. Like I said before, though, that isn't a disadvantage to the scum because they know their own houses and can coordinate their actions, and all they have to do is target anyone who isn't them.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 05, 2013, 06:57:10 pm »

"Lenglon-kun, well there's no accounting for what other people find interesting. But if we had have all decided to stay on our houses and claim shadows, then we'd know for sure who was sneaking in other people's houses. I'm not saying that that's necessarily a great plan, I just note that few people seem to be engaging with the specifics of our unique scenario."

#[NQT] pauses in thought for a moment.

"You know, Ford-san, I guess I assumed from how Tooney-senpai, worded things we'd be staying at houses we choose at night, but it's possible we only investigate them. Can you clarify Toony-senpai?"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 05, 2013, 06:58:47 pm »

ToonyMan: When we visit someone else's house, do we actually stay there for the night? Or do we return to our own house to sleep?
You stay for the night.  Possibly.  Yes.

Vote Count:

(1)Vecooster - Toaster
(0)Griffionday -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(0)Toaster -
(0)Tiruin -
(0)Dariush -
(1)Zombie Urist - Notquitethere
(0)Phantom of the Library -
(1)Shinigami_King - Griffonday
(0)RangerCado -
(1)Deathsword - Lenglon
(2)Notquitethere - Vecooster, Zombie Urist
(3)Lenglon - Leafsnail, Deathsword, Nerjin
(1)Solifuge - Dariush
(3)Nerjin - Phantom of the Library, Shinigami_King, Tiruin

Not Voting: Captain Ford, Solifuge, RangerCado

Lenglon have requested an extension.  Seven more requests are required.

Day 1 will last until Wednesday, 6/5 at 11 PM EST.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 05, 2013, 07:00:52 pm »

(It was said by Toonyman that we decide which house we go to every night in the general rules when the game started near the bottom of page 15)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 05, 2013, 07:01:53 pm »

Also I should remind that a tie is a no-lynch.

EDIT:
Nights might actually last two days.  One day seems too short really.  If I don't get everybody's actions in 24 hours I'll extend it another day.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:04:10 pm by ToonyMan »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 05, 2013, 07:08:17 pm »

Well, we can't have a tie.  I'll bow to others experience here and ask what should happen to break the tie.
Rangercado:
Who do you think is scum?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 05, 2013, 07:08:41 pm »

"Well Griff, typically a lynch is better for the town. This might not be true in this case, because I suspect everyone here has some kind of power, and the math of it might make simply buying time the best way to win, but usually lynching is the right call. I have no intention of voting for myself of course, and I'd prefer to not pull last-minute vote shenanigans to force a lynch on Nerjin. I have set a watch alarm for five minutes before day end, and my read on nerjin is weak enough that in this case I'd prefer to no-lynch instead of lynch him. if several of my seniors whose opinion I respect the most condemn this attitude then I'm willing to use my last-minute alarm to force a lynch on Nerjin instead of a no-lynch, but I feel such an action would be underhanded and dishonorable."

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 05, 2013, 07:12:50 pm »

Lenglon:
So what happens if (when) I vote for you?  Would you vote for Nerjin last minute to create a no-lynch scenario?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 100