Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169492 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 3]
« Reply #1095 on: June 27, 2013, 08:12:40 pm »

NQT: I'll ask you the same question I asked Ranger.

Why should we believe you?  All you've done so far today is wave around your town willy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 27, 2013, 08:27:23 pm »

Ehhh...

Why do you have to spend a night with a boy? Do you leave the game? Does he leave the game? What makes you think Tiruin is also third party?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 27, 2013, 08:48:20 pm »

"Toaster-san, I was obviously lying before about not having an agenda. I can't change who I am. But I can help you find bullies. Ranger-kun was telling the truth and you'll see I strongly condemned the suspension of Ranger-kun at the time. After all, we shared the same win condition! Go back and look at what I said at the time."

"ZU-san, because I am a very lonely girl, that's why... I leave the game after and the boy is left in school right as rain and so I can in this way confirm the towniness of a single town boy. I merely suspect Tiruin-sama might be because she speculated on the possibility of there being mostly third party girls herself. I could be wrong here."

"Everyone, I'll continue to hunt bullies in the night and share my findings. Now you know where I'm coming from I don't have to waste mine and everyone else's time with pointless lies. This could be the start of a beautiful relationship. Think of it like Batman teaming up with Catwoman in order to take out the Joker: he knows that he'll have to apprehend her eventually, but for now it suits them best to work together."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 27, 2013, 09:01:52 pm »

PFP
"ZU-san, because I am a very lonely girl, that's why... I leave the game after and the boy is left in school right as rain and so I can in this way confirm the towniness of a single town boy. I merely suspect Tiruin-sama might be because she speculated on the possibility of there being mostly third party girls herself. I could be wrong here."
"Considering the fact that I'm more in love with books, yes. But I've my duty to do here and I'm to ensure that one of you in the class is protected from harm, thanks. Though, I'm pretty sure I'm against all forms of bullying, and jerks."

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 27, 2013, 09:10:25 pm »

]"Everyone, I'll continue to hunt bullies in the night and share my findings. Now you know where I'm coming from I don't have to waste mine and everyone else's time with pointless lies. This could be the start of a beautiful relationship. Think of it like Batman teaming up with Catwoman in order to take out the Joker: he knows that he'll have to apprehend her eventually, but for now it suits them best to work together."
I see it more as the Joker (town) not blowing a six year old's brains out until the kid tells him which way Batman (scum) went.  But that's my interpretation.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: June 27, 2013, 09:15:36 pm »

PFP

Wait

NQT why're you claiming instead of trying to prod those arguments set against you? You do know that, mostly, claims are set with the idea of scrutiny in them and your intentions beforehand are taken into consideration, right? What is your intention with that claim, and why're you announcing the ability of being bulletproof?

Though the fact that you -did- get something..benevolent [ie Leafsnail's horrible house of Class Representatives], I guess, proves something's really up.

Did anyone remark on that one silhouette earlier? It changed from a feminine catform to some kind of guy who looks like he has his hands in his pockets. And sharp hands and feetsies.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 27, 2013, 09:25:16 pm »

]"Everyone, I'll continue to hunt bullies in the night and share my findings. Now you know where I'm coming from I don't have to waste mine and everyone else's time with pointless lies. This could be the start of a beautiful relationship. Think of it like Batman teaming up with Catwoman in order to take out the Joker: he knows that he'll have to apprehend her eventually, but for now it suits them best to work together."
I see it more as the Joker (town) not blowing a six year old's brains out until the kid tells him which way Batman (scum) went.  But that's my interpretation.
Good metaphor. No one cares. Why don't you do some scumhunting?

PFP
"Considering the fact that I'm more in love with books, yes. But I've my duty to do here and I'm to ensure that one of you in the class is protected from harm, thanks. Though, I'm pretty sure I'm against all forms of bullying, and jerks."
Soooo.... your wincon is to protect third party? Protect females?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 27, 2013, 09:54:06 pm »

Unvote. I have reasons to believe NQT is telling the truth here. Why? My wincon is the same. The difference with my role is that I cannot leave my home, but can make others come to me (as long as they are leaving their house in the first place). I can confirm that Tiruin did not leave her house in night 2, as my action had no effect. Night 1 I was interrupted as my home was invaded.

I think town has no female roles, and instead those are third parties.

As for the Ranger lynch, he seemed far too scummy to be what he truly claimed.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 27, 2013, 09:57:23 pm »

Good metaphor. No one cares. Why don't you do some scumhunting?
Do you have any specific complaints about my scumhunting, or are you just doing a general prod in my direction?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 27, 2013, 11:08:29 pm »

PFP
Unvote. I have reasons to believe NQT is telling the truth here. Why? My wincon is the same. The difference with my role is that I cannot leave my home, but can make others come to me (as long as they are leaving their house in the first place). I can confirm that Tiruin did not leave her house in night 2, as my action had no effect. Night 1 I was interrupted as my home was invaded.

I think town has no female roles, and instead those are third parties.

As for the Ranger lynch, he seemed far too scummy to be what he truly claimed.
...You ALL want town boys?!

>_>

Norly.

So we're all a party of third-parties of differing motive, huh. Anyway, too scummy meaning..his intention or something I'm missing from your vote post back there?

PFP
Soooo.... your wincon is to protect third party? Protect females?
"I've this special someone I'd like to see graduate, pass school, perhaps even have a party with. Anything, as long as he isn't emotionally harmed because it would break my heart to see him harmed. And as long as bullying is out of the way or anything that would threaten..err, him, I'm quite happy here. The him is gender neutral here because I am not compromising who he is.

"Though I know that silhouette. Anyway, what was with the questions here?"

...I believe it's time for a massclaim at this point in time? We've got nothing but 1 town [boy] down, and multiple third-party females. Opinions people?

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 2]
« Reply #1105 on: June 27, 2013, 11:58:32 pm »

I’ll address this first shall I? Some small minute things first.
So how about you claim your house so that someone will be able to visit? :-/ Also, is your wincon game-ending? Do you leave the game?

When I first saw this I thought it was just a towny being suspicious but scum would have a huge reason to learn what house he lives in and if his ability is game ending. I think it was obvious that you didn’t plan on helping him at all in the first place so how would knowing any of this information help you. To me it looks like you are going for an easy lynch or you are just trying to siphon away some information to help yourself and your scumbuddies.
If you haven't noticed, Town also has a huge incentive to know if his wincon is game ending.  If it was, town would lose too.  Knowing his house would theoretically help a mafia member by eliminating a house off of the potential townie house list, but it would also help a townie member to find out who's house is mafia's, and who's house isn't.
Moving on.
Solifuge, are you planning to do anything that isn't contentless shitpictureposts today? Your 'main' post yesterday (#748) was basically defending Lenglon, stealing other people's reasons for voting Nerjin (those reason being stealing other people's reasons for votes) and FOSMGUSing me for... lurking? Seriously? That's the best case you've got after an entire day? (well, not counting your 'case' on Nerjin)
What I want to point out here is not really your posturing towards Solifuge but the way you’re FOSing nerjin. “scum but less so”. first, you are scum or you are not. You can’t technically be “less so”. I feel like there is an almost general consensus that Nerjin is likely scum compared to silifuge who while has been playing poorly for sure, has not been giving off major scumtells. This portion of your post looks more like you trying to say “nerjin is scum, but I’m not going to really pay any attention to him because he is my scum buddy”. You FOS and then forget. Seems legit.
Point obviously completely reliant on both Nerjin and Dariush being scum.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A lot of fluff so I’ll skip to this part.
Really?  A lot of fluff?  You are picking and choosing choice examples of Dariush's posts, while claiming to go through every single one.
He explains a HUGE logical fallacy in RangerCado's thinking, something that you conveniently forget. 
Even though my read on you fell through the floor, I'm still going to give you one last chance to redeem yourself. Claim your house.

Did you seriously threaten him to just tell you his house number? That thing that you can use to kill him. Well, ranger’s reasons for not saying his house number are dumb due to the fact that we already agreed that scum wouldn’t target him but there are other reasons that I have already stated in posts before this one as to why he wouldn’t want to claim his house.
your reasons for "why he wouldn't want to claim his house"  would be more valid if RangerCado ever agreed with them, or commented on them in any positive form whatsoever.  He didn't.  Therefore we can conclude that your guess of why he did what he did is wrong.
Here you are trying to pull the information out of him, and later as we will see soon, you attack him for claiming due to being hesitant. No matter what he would be guilty. Way to use that good old catch 22 on him there. No matter what, he is one screwed mafia player. 
It's my personal opinion that the fact that RangerCado yielded under pressure while not really changing his opinion is what really made him scummy.
Isn't that a bit too early to make assumptions?
Lazy ass is being lazy. You are avoiding the area of trying to make “assumptions” because he is your scumbudy and you don’t want to put him in everyone’s line of focus.  You’re also not posting anything here with significant content.

Of course it's a bit to early to make assumptions.  HE HASN'T POSTED YET!  He also answered your questions.  What more content do you want?
Ah, I think Nerjin-san is a big stupid head. Why would he leave us? was he a stupid bully? And i think they are all good people! Except Tiruin-san. Hes a bit on the mean side, De Arimasu! (amidoingitright
NQT
NQT-San is obvously a bully! De Arimasu!
Wow, you're stupid.

Why did we even let him into this game?...
“Ahaha, good old Dariush, just being mean to everybody :P He is just acting natural and is a grump, now time for me to go pay attention to someone who isn't Dar~” Trying to look natural when attacking someone wile presenting no content… seeing as this is the replacement of your scumbuddy of course you would avoid starting a real case on them.
Do you need a thorough examination of IG's three posts to understand why he was playing bad?  I'd assume that was obvious.  But again, your whole point is completely reliant on Nwejin AND Dariush being scum.
Moving on.
Well that escalated quickly. His response was dumb, no question about it, but you just go right in and say that he is scum. PLEASE! what I see is you saying, "hey! Cado looks weak, suspicious and dumb! Time to go pick on him and start an easy bandwagon because no one will ever notice! and when his role flip come and it's seen that he was actually telling the truth, who cares!? He wasn't a good player anyway! Pshaw~" that summarizes my point for this post. Next!
Do you disagree with anything specific in this post of his, or are you going to stick with interpreting the meaning posts without actually disagreeing with the content?  You accuse him of calling Cado scum.  How does this make him scummy?  Note that his is the only complaint that you actually have about the CONTENT of this post. 
He said in an irritated manner with nothing actually backing up what he is saying. Because you are scum, I'm sure you realize that at first it would be easy enough for you and your scumbuddies to say "show us" and Ranger would have to claim if he kept his promise. Instead he raised it so this would be less likely to happen.
WTF?  If I understand this correctly, you're main complaint about this post of his is that he was irritated and he didn't quote the posts that prove him right.  Then you give a rambling explanation of why Cado would raise the bar is if it makes Dariush scum for not automatically assuming that's what happened.  Of course, your logic is flawed.  If Cado's reasoning for raising the bar was that, he would of said so.  He also wouldn't of changed his mind under pressure.
I feel like I have already gone over this so I think I'm just going say this. You are simply attacking him... not making a case, not even thinking through your entire posts. There are two sides to each coin and between the two sides, heads and tails, your arguments lean heavily to the rear end if you can gather what I'm throwing down here. B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T. I think by using words like this you may be able to understand a little, eh, Daruish?
Did you disagree with the bolded part?  I don't care about a stupid coin.  I don't even care if he's just being a jerk.  I care about whether his statement is right or not.

I found you, and still find you, scummy. This question was not purely random, it was using the current circumstances presented to me to try to see if you were hiding something, and to see if you would reveal any poor cover up strategies with your scumbuddy. Gathering everyone's oppinions of ford's and ranger's roles was important because if people start contradicting themselves something may be up. Currently I see that you are leading a bit of a bandwaggon against ranger.
Is bandwagoning a valid scumtell?
Imperial Guardsman - Nerjin has left a bad taste in my mouth. How do you taste? What are your views of Nerjin. Specifically, I'm curious as to what you think of vote mania but I'm curious about your general reads. What do you think of PotL, Tiruin and Solifuge.
This question's purpose was to try to use the replacing player to "triangulate" whether Nerjin was scum or not. IG didn't play... as expected, so the question was null and void.
Everyone- Not asking for WIFOM, just some insight from the public, does anyone here have an opinion that they would like to share about the night. (Nk's, questionable actions etc.)
I think it is important to hear everyone's oppinions of what happened and how we should approach the day.
Birdy- Could you list the major problems with nerjin's and IG's play and try to justify why they played the way they did.
This is once again me attempting to "triangulate" their alignment. I do believe nerjin & accomplices are scum but continued pressure will likely yield greater results.
Dariush- I realize your a bit of a prickly cactus but you seem to change your votes more based on emotion, gut feeling and anger. Is this true? If so why, if not is there something you particularly find significant about your scumhunting?
Your "perfect scumhunting" isn't as perfect as you claim. Don't get full of your self. Your scumhunting day one was practically the opposite of perfect. You cursed people out for colours and pictures and then didn't lead a compelling case for the person you wished to lynch (solifuge) in case you have forgotten already. If you were perfect there would be no reason for us to question you in the first place because your perfect scumhunting would put a flawless case in front of our noses.
Does having an inflated opinion of ones scumhunting ability make someone scummy?  If not, I don't understand what place this paragraph has in this post.

OK. posting this tonight.  I"m not sure if I missed anything, i'm pretty tired.  I'll also probably finish responding to your post tomorrow.
PPE:  EVERYONE
1. why would a towny want to narrow down a scums house number. We should scumhunt. Not try to find them in the middle of the night. This method is likely dangerous because you may come in contact with the scum and it does not seem efficient.
2. Of course it is reliant on them being scum.. well, not exactly. It is boosted if they are both scum. I am sure that at least one of them is scum and finding inconsistencies in the actions taken by the two people I find scummiest is something I would class as a scumtell. My point still can stand on it's own even if nerjin wasn't scum however.
3. The reason I stated "a lot of fluff" was because I figured what he said was obvious and didn't require being said. By saying it, he would apear to be on top of things but he would really just be saying the obvious thing that everyone was already thinking. Why do you think so many people saw ranger as scum? Because of these inconsistencies really.
4.No one said that ranger knows how to take advantage of a situation. It would have been easy for him to use my points. He just didn't because he was turtleing and trying to hide from the swift and painful blows of Dar. What I am trying to say is, my points are still valid and can't be thrown out the window that easily. Dar had to at least take my opinions into account, which he didn't seem to do.
5.Your opinion so I have nothing really to say there.
6.You can make assumptions right off the bat. "Oh, nerjin was scummy so IG will likely try to suck up" or "I'm surprised he hasn't posted yet due to Nerjin's track record, he has a lot to make up for". That's all. Anything. Any insight, but from Dariush, nothing, nada, zip.
7. Once again, it's more inconsistencies that make him scummy. If they were both scum that would strengthen all my theories but they do still stand by themselves.
8.I'm sorry for making a case differently than how you would prefer. I prefer analyzing over direct, "you're wrong 'cause of this". Also, my main complaint with this wasn't that he was calling cado scum but that his entire case felt like he was utilizing catch 22 to make him inevitably right and look good. Also taking the easy route and just plowing on through weak players definitely make him look scummy to me.
9.My main point was that ranger could have raised the bar to prevent scum from finding him out easily. Also, please take into account that these are quotes from the time that it was all happening so while right now we know that ranger wasn't thinking that way at the time we didn't know and Dariush surely saw all the flaws to his attack and the defenses of cado.
10.His statement may or may not be right depending on the conditions of the scum NK's. In this game, even though he wasn't a threat to mafia he might have been an easy target. In other words, scum might have still had intensive to NK him.
11.Yes. Bandwagoning is a scumtell.
12.I don't know what paragraph you are referring to.

I would have put that quote in a spoiler but it wouldn't format properly for me :\
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 28, 2013, 08:12:36 am »

Yeah I have the spend the night alone with a town boy alignment too.  I lynched Cado yesterday because he definitely wasn't a town boy, so lynching him couldn't really hurt my wincon.

Unvote.  I know Dariush is male and where his house is, so if he stays at home tonight I can effectively inspect him (if I win and leave the game tonight he's town, if not I'll be able to tell that he's not town, and since it seems that girls are 3rd parties that would probably make him scum).  How does that sound to everyone?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 28, 2013, 08:32:36 am »

*Tiruin points at that one silhouette who changed. That looks like a male.

And..why are you all claiming [I'VE TO BE WITH TOWN BOY] when some of you have even gone against that notion by query'ing Ranger about that before? Too busy to track it down now, but I do remember someone asking that notion.

Leafsnail: What was the main reason in prodding at Cado in your case? Wincon-based, or his antics?

PFP

So..what did you do anyway, if I could ask? It's based on movement, that as far I can tell.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 28, 2013, 08:45:06 am »

I knew that Cado was probably telling the truth, but that meant I also knew he wasn't a town boy, and that he was kindof in competition with me.  So lynching him was the best thing to do from my wincon's POV.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 28, 2013, 08:51:38 am »

Unvote.  I know Dariush is male and where his house is, so if he stays at home tonight I can effectively inspect him (if I win and leave the game tonight he's town, if not I'll be able to tell that he's not town, and since it seems that girls are 3rd parties that would probably make him scum).  How does that sound to everyone?
Sure why not. How did you learn my sex and house number, by the way?

Dariush:  While I agree that NQT is scum, that was quite the bandwagon vote there.  What makes NQT more scummy than Birdy to you now?
NQT wasn't far behind Birdy on my scummeter. Both are bandwagoning lazy lynchhappy fucks who didn't do absolutely anything useful during the entire game. However, my vote on Birdy wasn't being of much use, so I shifted it. Also, NQT started racking up the scum points by the shovel starting around then, trying to paint himself as town, using even-more-bullshit-than-usual accusations, like the one he did on DS and so on.

SK, are you aware that there are people here other than me and GP? State your reads on NQT, DS and LS.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 100