Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Taupe is Champion! Season Four Signups Open!  (Read 53303 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Season Three Week 3/5
« Reply #315 on: February 14, 2015, 08:53:19 pm »

The Fortress Friends score another victory versus a significantly newer team, despite an almost total lack of rerolls.
Thought: Do inducements sufficiently compensate for Team Value?  I'd like to play though the season, but if everyone thinks my team's value is too high, I for one would consent to a cap next season and start from scratchish.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2015, 09:27:33 pm »

The Fortress Friends score another victory versus a significantly newer team, despite an almost total lack of rerolls.
Thought: Do inducements sufficiently compensate for Team Value?  I'd like to play though the season, but if everyone thinks my team's value is too high, I for one would consent to a cap next season and start from scratchish.

Generally speaking, only somewhat, but a lot depends on what you buy and what the specific matchup is. Teams benefit from certain inducements more than others, and some rosters are less efficient in TV than others (both in terms of core starting skills and skill access.) Add to that the fact that teams are explicitly not balanced against one another, and the fact that many Inducements are random in nature, and you get mismatches. It's really all in how you develop for the league's meta.

With that game done though, it's time for Week Four! With two games left nobody has clinched anything; three teams are within one point of the final two playoff slots, and Sons of Urist remain in striking distance, especially as the two teams ahead of them play one another. The winner of Just sign here vs Could've been will be in good position to make the playoffs, while the loser will be in a bad spot! Good luck to all!

Week Four:
Maximillien - Could've been vs Taupe - Just sign here
sebcool - Sons of Urist vs EuchreJack - Fortress Friends
monk12 - Monk's Muppets vs Silent_Thunder - Sigmar's Saviors

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 15, 2015, 12:29:55 am »

Bah, you only won because Sigmar doens't like typos in his prayer.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 15, 2015, 06:41:01 pm »

Bah, you only won because Sigmar doens't like typos in his prayer.

LOL

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Season Three Week 4/5
« Reply #319 on: February 22, 2015, 11:04:19 am »

Well, this was an absolutely awesome game.

Because I was so far behind on TV, I got a shitload of inducements, which I used on bombs, bribes and chainsaws.

The first half ended in a draw, with me unable to get past his defense (I suck at offense), though I managed to KO a few. My chainsaw guy did a valiant job in taking down EuchreJack's minotaur.

The second round, I was on the offense, and proceeded to rain down bombs on him and steal the ball, scoring a touchdown (with help of a lucky kick and the blitz kickoff event). I ended up killing one of his beastmen, and seriously injuring 2 of his players (including the minotaur, who got a broken skull). After scoring, I got too overconfident and left my defense open, which he exploited to score a TD (with help of a horrible 2 skull block roll by me). The game ended 1-1.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 22, 2015, 11:07:59 am »

Well, this was an absolutely awesome game.

Because I was so far behind on TV, I got a shitload of inducements, which I used on bombs, bribes and chainsaws.

Which is exactly what you should spend your inducement money on.  Worked out quite well, I'd say.

Just Sign Here's coach should be relieved to know that the Minotaur will be unavailable for his match.  I had enough to replace my beat up one, but wanted a new Chaos Warrior instead.  Should be up to max in the next game or so, barring fatalities.'

I would like to add, in my match versus sebcool's Sons of Urist, my team's founding vision bore fruit: A team of beasts besieging a dwarven fortress, with the dwarves fighting back with everything they have.  Thank you for that.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 22, 2015, 09:02:17 pm »

Just Sign Here's coach should be relieved to know that the Minotaur will be unavailable for his match.
Oh there will be a minotaur alright.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 22, 2015, 10:29:38 pm »

Monk's Muppets 3 - 0 Sigmar's Saviors

Things went well for the Humans in the Inducements (an HMC good for 2 rerolls a half and a Bloodweiser Babe who kept them at full strength all game) but poorly everywhere else, as failures at critical moments coupled with some human error with the interface kept the humans on their heels and the frogs on the attack. Things didn't start turning around for the humans until midway through the second half down 2-0 when the Blitzers- angry at losing to the yappy green freaks- started breaking bones and smashing linemen, sending Zoot home for a week to nurse her broken arm (fortunately the Apothecary managed to pull it out of her neck and saved her life) and giving Rowlf the Dog a niggly knee that will likely bother him the rest of his career, but with time winding down the human Thrower failed a GFI on his breakaway, letting Kermit the Frog attempt (and succeed) at a long pass to put the icing on the cake.

The final flurry of SPP means that Sigmar's Saviors will be a tough out with two players picking up Guard, while a few frogs also pick up key skills, including +AG linefrog Mahna Mahna who rolls doubles for Guard, a fun combination to get in time for the playoffs!

And with that, we're on to the final week of the regular season! Monk's Muppets and Fortress Friends both clinched berths this week and get to jockey for the #1 seed of the playoffs. Technically, Just sign here could miss the playoffs, but it would require a lot to go wrong for them as their tiebreaker scenarios look pretty good. The #4 seed is completely open, especially with the current #4 and #5 teams facing off: Sons of Urist clinch with a W and loss or draw by Could've Been, so they'll be rooting for the humans this week. It could come down to tiebreakers if Sigmar's Saviors draw and Sons of Urist win; the tiebreaker is ΔTD+ΔCAS/2, where the dwarves are ahead right now by virtue of a 2 CAS advantage. Certainly the match of the week!

Week Five:
Maximillien - Could've been vs Silent_Thunder - Sigmar's Saviors
Taupe - Just sign here vs EuchreJack - Fortress Friends
monk12 - Monk's Muppets vs sebcool - Sons of Urist

Good luck everybody!

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Season Three Week 5/5
« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2015, 02:58:36 pm »

After an intense first half, where I was barely prevented from scoring by a good crowdsurf, I proceeded to get my ass handed to me in the second half. Despite having 3 more men on the pitch, a bunch of bad dice rolls and even worse decision-making by me allowed monk to score a touchdown for a 0-1 victory.

And I didn't even get to kill a single one of them.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2015, 03:15:14 pm »

A hell of a match; if Boomer's bombs had been better in the first half (twice catching multiple frogs in a blast with only a few knockdowns and no armor breaks, and blowing himself up to start the second half) or if the chainsaw guy hadn't got sent off early in the second half (another bribe and this game is a whole 'nother story) or if skulls had stayed away for another turn (I caught them too, but the clock was on my side) or heck, if my frogs hadn't had the luxury of defending first... well, I probably wouldn't be sitting here in the #1 seed. But thanks to a fortuitous crowdsurf by Statler and a hell of an effort from rookie Blitzer Waldorf (beginning his career with a Completion, TD, and CAS to get his first levelup and +MA) we get a little bit of clarity in the playoff picture.

Monk's Muppets clinch the #1 seed while eliminating Sons of Urist from contention this season. This puts Sigmar's Saviors and Could've been in a virtual elimination match; winner goes to the postseason, loser stays home, with Silent_Thunder "winning" a draw (and rising as high as #2 with a win.) Meanwhile, EuchreJack v Taupe is a battle for that #2 seed, with the winner locking it down and the loser perhaps falling all the way to #4. Lots of intrigue in those matches!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 01, 2015, 08:34:40 pm »

The Sigmar / Could've match has entered into the offiical books, with the Saviors clinching a 2-1 win. However two of their players were carted off the field with crippling leg injuries, and will put the Saviors at the distinct disadvantage of having to field their catcher on defensive runs and not having any bench depth. The first playoff leg will be a difficult one for them.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 02, 2015, 11:47:18 am »

Humans clinch a playoff berth, which turns all eyes to the final match of the regular season where Taupe can climb to the #3 seed with a draw or the #2 seed with a win. After that, it's the semifinal round of the playoffs followed by the championship!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 02, 2015, 03:01:20 pm »

Taupe and me still need to play our game.  Looks like we'll need a minor extension to negotiate a time.
EDIT: Negotiating it for sometime in the next couple of days.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2015, 08:24:03 pm »

The chaos pact emerges victorious, thanks to the power of punching people and then stomping on them a lot! Herpes is now officially the greatest member of the team, which is kind of sad considering that he's the friggin' goblin.

Junk mail gets sent to the hospital until next game, which should give him enough time to register some new email addresses. To replace him, the team hired That person who says ''Bae'', because banned players don't get a lot of playtime.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 FUMBBL League- Season Three Semifinal Round!
« Reply #329 on: March 03, 2015, 08:58:55 pm »

And with that, the regular season draws to a close! Final standings:

monk12Monk's MuppetsSlann13 pts4-1-0
TaupeJust sign hereChaos Pact 9 pts3-0-2
EuchreJackFortress FriendsChaos8 pts2-2-1
Silent_ThunderSigmar's SaviorsHuman7 pts2-1-2
MaximillienCould've beenSimyin3 pts1-0-4
sebcoolSons of UristDwarf2 pts0-2-3

Of course, that means it's playoff time! Every game must end with a winner, which means that Overtime rules will be in effect. If turn 8 of the second half comes and goes with no clear winner, each team sets up again for a third drive with possession determined by the winner of a coin toss. The first team to score a TD wins automatically- sudden death in other words. If this third period concludes without anyone managing a score, then the winner is determined by each team rolling 1d6 + remaining Rerolls. An odd system maybe, but it works.

The first bracket is #1 Monk's Muppets vs #4 Sigmar's Saviors. In their regular season meeting the Muppets won 3-0; now the human coach has more experience against the Slann playstyle and more Inducements to play with, though, so don't go to sleep on this match. The second bracket is #2 Just sign here vs #3 Fortress Friends, a repeat of last week's matchup where the Chaos Pact stole the #2 seed by handing the Chaos squad their first loss of the season. However, Fortress Friends caught some levelups from the match and figure to come loaded for bear for this grudgematch special.

Good luck to all!

Season III Semifinal
monk12 - Monk's Muppets vs Silent_Thunder - Sigmar's Saviors
Taupe - Just sign here vs EuchreJack - Fortress Friends
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26