Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 195040 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Heart of Darkness [Reservations: 10/13]
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2013, 07:22:35 pm »

It is months away, but at the moment I am rendered grounded by the lack of game openings. I'd hold out for a replacement, but those are chock full too!

Such is life though! I'll cross my fingers and hope I can get experienced enough by then.
Well, why not come up with a game to run?

That is true, although the lack of experience is still a bit of a barrier. But...

I suppose I can never truly begin to live unless I dare to die. I'll run some ideas by the Mafia Gametypes Discussion. If I am going starting anything, that thread would be the best place to start. We'll see where that takes me from there.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2013, 08:48:02 pm »

I'd suggest something nice and simple for your first game.  Many mods start with a Beginner's Mafia, but those are called for a while.  Put up a simple game and people will likely join.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2013, 09:25:57 pm »

I'd suggest something nice and simple for your first game.  Many mods start with a Beginner's Mafia, but those are called for a while.  Put up a simple game and people will likely join.
There's a lot of simple gametypes you can mess around with. If you're going to make anything bigger, though, I'd suggest having another mod look at it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2013, 09:27:21 pm »

Two words: Jester Mafia.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2013, 09:44:18 pm »

There's a lot of simple gametypes you can mess around with. If you're going to make anything bigger, though, I'd suggest having another mod look at it.

It's too late now! I have already made a suggestion in the Game Types thread!

Well... It's not really too late. I can always return the idea once I do have a bit of experience under my belt if the idea is a bit out there.

*Birdy51 shudders terribly!*

"The concept... it frightens me! Who do you lynch! WHO!"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2013, 07:47:54 am »

It's called Systematically Make Others Win, and it was done in Forum Games already.  We also had Systematically Make Others Lose, which ended up being more interesting IMO.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2013, 08:41:20 pm »

I know believe to be qualified for this game, with a BM, Elements 2, and some of Toon Mafia.  I'm also signed up for Revolution, and will finish that before this game goes up anyway.  If you could put me on the reserved players list, that'd be great!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2013, 08:57:49 pm »

Let's see. Working on Toon Mafia, played Magic, Elements, and 2 BMs. I Am Qualified!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Heart of Darkness [Reservations: 12/13]
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2013, 09:55:30 pm »

Out.  I really don't have time for this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Heart of Darkness [Reservations: 12/13]
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2013, 12:22:19 am »

Posting to Watch

As well as to participate in the off-topic discussion.

birdy - If you're looking for a game to run, I'd be interested in short, low player-count, power-role light games like Vengeful Mafia.  I don't really have time right now for any other game-types, much as I'd love to play them.

EDIT: Has anyone ever tried three-player (2VT, 1VM) instant LYLO games (with hammers, of course)?  You could run several in series, all in the same thread, similar to Leafsnail's Trust Mafia.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:39:58 am by Okami No Rei »
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Heart of Darkness [Reservations: 11/13]
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2013, 09:14:40 am »

Man i hate having to do this. out. I have an event in two weeks that i wasn't told about until a few days ago. Sorry guys.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2013, 04:07:56 pm »

Oh, fuck it.  Back in.  Life is too short to keep away from good opportunities like this one.

In.

Do something awesome and hilarious that will make me feel like you know me pretty well :I

Obviously, this isn't necessary, but that would create peak happiness.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2013, 04:19:29 pm »

Oh, fuck it.  Back in.  Life is too short to keep away from good opportunities like this one.

In.

Do something awesome and hilarious that will make me feel like you know me pretty well :I

Obviously, this isn't necessary, but that would create peak happiness.
Woo!

*hugs*

Welcome back! :D

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2013, 07:33:36 pm »

I'm not so sure I will be able to support this game since my life has fallen apart since I reserved a spot. I'll wait a little while before making it official just to be sure, but I am not optimistic. I'm really sorry.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2013, 12:38:49 am »

Will this start soon?  :(
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 84