Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 50

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Week 3  (Read 55604 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Night 2 - Queen of the Stone Age
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2013, 12:40:04 am »

Um, guys, why have surface scout if our M-caste has digging scouts?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2013, 12:59:19 am »

Because digging scouts don't scout the surface? major excavation of the sort required for a sustained underground excursion is much more apparent than walking around with thermal shields and optical camouflage and burying yourself during temperature extremes.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2013, 06:00:16 am »

PTW.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2013, 07:18:28 am »

Because digging scouts don't scout the surface? major excavation of the sort required for a sustained underground excursion is much more apparent than walking around with thermal shields and optical camouflage and burying yourself during temperature extremes.
Depends on what exactly the term digging scout means.

ie, a scout that can burry itself, or a miner that scouts.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2013, 10:52:34 am »

The M-scouts are called seismic scouts wich implies they scout specificly for under ground related things
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2013, 10:54:36 am »

I would like to think they emit seismic frequencies, as to find minerals and people whether they be above, or below ground

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2013, 10:56:36 am »

sounds resonable, but I do worry abot the humans seismic detector technology in that case.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2013, 11:00:32 am »

That's always a concern, but to them, it might just be considered minor volcanic activity; considering we are on Mars, it is completely plausible

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2013, 11:10:06 am »

Best way to reduce seismic waves - dig deeper

I want huge caverns, deep underground, reinforced by steel supports. We can go miles deep
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2013, 11:13:20 am »

That's always a concern, but to them, it might just be considered minor volcanic activity; considering we are on Mars, it is completely plausible
Mars has no volcanic activity. It does have microquakes, IIRC.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2013, 11:49:12 am »

Mars has no volcanic activity. It does have microquakes, IIRC.
Mars has gigantic volcanoes and lava flows on its surface, and there is no reason to believe that it is a volcanically dead planet, especially in Tharsis.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2013, 12:04:03 pm »

Mars has gigantic extinct volcanoes and lava once flowed on its surface, and there is every reason to believe that it is a volcanically dead planet.
more accurate.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2013, 02:08:31 pm »

First is administrivia, then the reply.

I think we need more info on the bore worms

They're built similar to You, but the abdomen doesn't narrow. The back end is slightly thicker and flatter. The "hair" that is normally on Our bodies is thicker and has more control to allow for more efficient movement. This comes at the cost of the legs it usually has, with stunted back legs that are more useful for pushing dirt back at an angle than anything. The front arms remain similar to Yours for raking soil, and as expected, the head is the largest, with a mouth and mandibles designed for digging. Their excretions are balls of concentrated useful elements, mostly iron and silicon.

As far as control, You would have no problems so long as they remain fed beyond whatever assorted bacteria the Humans seeded in the ground/came from Us or the Flowers they pick up.

The M-scouts are called seismic scouts wich implies they scout specificly for under ground related things

I would like to think they emit seismic frequencies, as to find minerals and people whether they be above, or below ground

It's mostly reflection seismology, but there's some amount of electric and thermal conductivity to it as well. While sensing magnetized objects is possible for the Scout, said function is deliberately stunted because Mars lacks a magnetosphere.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2013, 02:20:27 pm »

Mars has gigantic extinct volcanoes and lava once flowed on its surface, and there is every reason to believe that it is a volcanically dead planet.
more accurate.

http://www.astronomynow.com/news/n1202/21geology/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanology_of_Mars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tharsis

There is nothing definitive pointing to Mars being geologically dead. There is not enough information to make such an assumption.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2013, 03:00:20 pm »

Point is, there hasn't been an eruption for half a million years.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 50