Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Week 3  (Read 55585 times)

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Day 13 (Still Needs Suggestions Before Update!)
« Reply #705 on: September 17, 2013, 09:48:18 pm »

Bump all day, bump all night, this thread needs a bump alright!
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Day 13 (Almost there.)
« Reply #706 on: September 20, 2013, 09:52:24 am »

Good news, everyone!

The food spreadsheet is done; therefore, all of the number crunching (aside from a few rolls) is done, and I only have the writing to go. Everyone but Soldiers and Drones is now up to Sated or Full; Soldiers and drones are Not Hungry. All larvae have developed, all eggs have been laid and hatched, etc.

I can't promise an update by the end of the day, but I can tell you it will be done before next Friday!

Numbers and such:

Spoiler: Countdowns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Targets (click to show/hide)

Drones - 1/10 of a Unit of Food
Soldiers - 5/10 of a Unit of Food
Levels 1-4 - A Unit of Food
Predator / Nurse / Commander - 1.5 Units Of Food
Queen - 2 Units of Food / Reabsorb 20 Eggs
Level 5 - 3 Units of Food

Spoiler: You Are: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Eggs: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: You Own: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Food Supplies (click to show/hide)

Your Nest
Location - Here
Visibility - Very Hard To Detect

Spoiler: Inside (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deep Inside (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Outside (click to show/hide)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 20, 2013, 11:42:06 am »

Wow, we have many soldiers... I think no more soldiers for several weeks. 39 soldiers, 23 scouts, stalker, predator, two commanders and LVL2 soldier is a very respectable force
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:18:49 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 21, 2013, 12:24:08 pm »

I think we should make more drones; and wait for a queen to hatch/lay/gestate/metamorphose/develop.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 21, 2013, 12:30:01 pm »

General rule is "Feed an appropriate larvae Royal Jelly, and wait for it to age."

Predators become War Queens, Nurses become Body Queens, and Commanders become Mind Queens. If you want to breed the caste truly, then you have to mate with an appropriately casted Kai. The L2 Soldier will give the best war queens, the L3 NavProg the best tech queens, and you're pretty well set on B-caste.

As far as Farm Queens or Digger Queens, you'll just have to find out on your own.

Oh, right - the M-Commander and B-Commander are also fertile, so y'all may wish to look into what you want those 40 new Kai to be.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Week 3
« Reply #710 on: September 25, 2013, 01:50:57 pm »

The first matter of business is to set the Tech Drones to work on digitizing the written logs. After a brief scan through the prefabricated designs on the Assembler to find a distinct lack of scanning devices, You decide to put this off and set about on the next task - completing the egglaying, and then mating. After the process is complete, You dismiss the Pollinator to its duties. In lieu of working on the logs, You settle down to study the workings of the Chamber. After taking several days waiting for Royal Jelly, you thoroughly study the creature instincts pushed You to create. Its purpose appears to be to work as a biological interface with resources - feed the Chamber, and after some time and proper plumbing, biomass would be extruded to the Clone Chamber, while resources would be shunted elsewhere. As an expiriment, You throw a Scout into the Chamber and watch it be digested as Bore Worms begin to dig appropriate plumbing. Before much longer, most of the water content of the former Scout, its remaining biomass, and trace elements have been segregated to the proper areas. Out of curiosity, You input information into the Cloning Chamber, relying on instinct to guide You. When the timer finally goes off, 20 T-Caste drones emerge, as well as Your new creation. Although similar in size to a Scout, the clone is considerably heavier in mass, having grown features rather similar to Yours - a more complicated brain structure allowing independence and greater mental bandwidth, hardened digging spurs, patterned skin for solar absorbtion, greater muscle and carapace density, and, most importantly, rudimentary reproductive systems. Although its possible clutch is limited to a mere 10 Eggs, and obvious size differences would make mating with anything larger than a Soldier problematic, You consider the project a success due to the creation of a specialized worker without the use of Royal Jelly. At some point, You feed the Navigation Drone with slightly faster mental processing Royal Jelly, and instruct its body to change to fully specialize in technology, leaving the navigational expansions of its mind intact for use later.

Once upgraded, the Programming Drone begins its work on scanners; after several tries, one comes out correct, and mass-production and scanning of the written logs begin. Obviously, the most important logs are similar in color to the Flowers, and You begin to study them, looking for patterns. Before much longer, You completely forget about understanding the language - the written log contains hundreds of images, mostly related to the operation of the Human Hiveship and its maintenance. Certain images are frayed in the corner, and have yellow highlighting certain passages - clearly, an indication of their imprtance. A discovery like this, given enough time, could lead to the creation of vehicles, crude though they may be. In the meantime, the Hive has remained busy - the Tech Drones assemble and install the hatches and remotes for the assorted heat sinks, and then divide labor between the assembly of computer parts and expanding the ventilation systems; by the time the current day-cycle comes around, several computers and databases have been assembled, while the assessment of You, the Nurse, the Programming Drone, and the Heavy Soldier put your risk of detection from heat buildup to near zero. Flowers have been planted and harvested from - the Deep Hive has a very pleasant scent of Flowers and a psychic presence radiating something that could only be described as "joy." Inside, the Pollinators have developed the basics of taking cuttings from the Flowers, although they have yet to conclusively decide the best manner to graft Flowers.

Lastly, the digging efforts have revealed a layer of rock containing iron, titanium, and magnesium. Although iron is not something You are worried about running out of, a supply of titanium should prove to be useful.

Now what?

[Egg development is going to take some input from you guys at this point. By now, the Queen has worked with the Body enough to simply decide what the eggs should grow into on Her own.]

Spoiler: Countdowns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Targets (click to show/hide)

Drones - 1/10 of a Unit of Food
Soldiers - 5/10 of a Unit of Food
Levels 1-4 - A Unit of Food
Predator / Nurse / Commander - 1.5 Units Of Food
Queen - 2 Units of Food / Reabsorb 20 Eggs
Level 5 - 3 Units of Food

Spoiler: You Are: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Eggs: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: You Own: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Food Supplies (click to show/hide)

Your Nest
Location - Here
Visibility - Extremely Hard To Detect (invisible to casual/routine scans)

Spoiler: Inside (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deep Inside (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Outside (click to show/hide)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 25, 2013, 02:14:47 pm »

I would say it would be a great idea to make a Tech queen. From that lvl 3 NavProg drone.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 25, 2013, 02:27:05 pm »

My ideas:

1) Clone mining drones, I think we need more of them for expansion

2) Lay 50 F-Caste drones, 40 F-Caste pollinators, 10 F-Caste commanders

3) Mine many new flower chambers... Have no good ideas on what flowers to plant, but food sources to be secured, and we will have a workforce to tend for them

4) I suggest to take one F-caste commander and turn it onto a queen. While not a pure mind queen, she should be smart enough to boost our research noticeably

5) I think we need to double upgrade LVL3 tech drone to LVL5 and fertilize it, then make it mate with us\commanders. Producing a lot of smart Kai

6) Maybe, should we have enough jelly, upgrade mining commander to be able dig and live deeper

Javierpwn You mean mate with it and wait till eggs mature? We can queenize only larvaes... I think we need to make queen NOW not wait... F-caste commander or F-pollinator look like logical choices
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 25, 2013, 02:47:46 pm »

Javierpwn You mean mate with it and wait till eggs mature? We can queenize only larvaes... I think we need to make queen NOW not wait... F-caste commander or F-pollinator look like logical choices
I meant for the next queen generation, we might as well make a Pollinator Larva a Queen, seeing as how a fully bred caste would be more useful.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 25, 2013, 03:23:47 pm »

The choice of queen is important, given that You only get one guaranteed loyal daughter-Queen.

At this point, the debate is between the benefits of technology versus whatever the F caste does.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #715 on: September 25, 2013, 03:28:59 pm »

im voting for tech queen , plain and simple.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 25, 2013, 03:29:32 pm »

What does the F caste do actually?

Any more info than just a letter?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 25, 2013, 03:48:41 pm »

I think its the Farmer/Flower caste.
I would bet that it is like the body caste, but for flowers.....

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 25, 2013, 04:25:09 pm »

Your best guess is that the Farm Caste will have Pollinator traits, only magnified. You figure that for a proper Flower Caste, You need another generation, possibly two, and maybe working on the Hybrid caste to help.

In other words, You can do it, just not right away.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 25, 2013, 05:47:26 pm »

Mind sounds like a good new queen. I mean, maybe when we improve the cloning thing, we could even change the new queen to another type! Big maybe, but still.
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50