Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Payday 2 plan your heist well  (Read 58054 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Payday 2 plan your heist well
« Reply #300 on: July 03, 2014, 05:27:05 am »

I tried in when it was free for a weekend. I don't know if it was the free player influx but I couldn't get it to not have unplayable amounts of what I think was processor type lag even on single player. Was it a console port? It seemed like it had way too few graphics options for my poor old frankenputer with it's gifted cast off parts to turn down.

The lag was as follows: the police who showed up would run up the stairs, then stop and stare at me while I sit out in the open. I'd have my crosshairs on them and my gun would take a second to fire, and after about three seconds of me being out in the open the police would start shooting.

It seemed like a cool game though. If it ran well on my computer I would have considered it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:30:36 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 03, 2014, 02:21:31 pm »

Not sure on the lag, it's always run perfectly fine for me - even now, with my new Alienware running in 1080p!

It wasn't a console port, but it was developed alongside console versions. There's a lot more love given to the PC version, though!

Definitely worth trying again if you beef your specs!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 03, 2014, 02:28:39 pm »

i wish the "inside info" asset would actually be usefull.

also some system where when the host leaves one of the other players get selected as host would really help the game.

had like 10+ games yesterday where the host just left at some point, what is the saying? "if you want something done, do it yourself"?
guess i should start hosting games if i get too mad joining others where the host leaves.
but probably going to solo stealth checkout some more maps first... i.e. the fbi hq, the shadow something heist, 4 stores seem to be tricky too still, same with the go bank, or the other bank with front vault checking out what works and what not that well, etc.
I know that feeling.  Oft times, with random hosts, I get randomly disconnected just before payday on a multi-day mission.  That is really really annoying.  And yea, host needs to go, just before payday.
There are many times that I just want to coast along on whatever maps someone else choose.  Ya know?

Inside Info is pretty much worthless, you pretty much already know what the layout is going to be, depending on random-ness, but that is limited on the maps it is available on.
(Spotters are awesome though, if someone has the unlock for it...)
Four Stores... is really just a smash and grab map.  Or you could use an ECM and hide for the stealth bonus at the end.  The effort otherwise isn't really worth the payout in my opinion.  But I guess it makes a decent/easy starter for lowbies.
FBI HQ: Many were lost due to excessive greed...
Go Bank: It really is much harder then the normal bank, in my opinion.  Curve balls thrown at you if you stealth.  The airlift when it goes hot...  (Heck, with randoms, I'm just happy enough loading one bag on it and starting the airlift.  Writing that 1 bag off as a total loss.  The get flanked and die potential is too damn high, even on no skull difficulty.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 03, 2014, 04:58:28 pm »

The Go Bank is really silly, also was extremely bugged for me and a lobby of folks earlier.  A camera would actually spawn randomly to go ahead and spot us.  Happened multiple times too.  Reeeeaally unamused by it.

Also, I have yet to successfully stealth through the FBI headquarters, got close once or twice but none yet.  Easiest mission I found to stealth has been the Nightclub.  Once you're done with people randomly patrolling through the back area, everything goes really well, especially if you have the loot pickup.

(Also, I love the ECM but I have to take ammo bags, I just use too much of it too quickly. >_>)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #304 on: December 06, 2014, 03:09:04 am »

Bump to ask, anyone still play this? need a level 63ish ghost?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2014, 04:29:28 am »

I-90 techforcer, still playing. There're quite a few of us down in GD I've noticed.

Sadly, my usual crew are very much biased towards loud, and already have a backup ghostforcer, so not really enough space for a ghost :/
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #306 on: December 06, 2014, 04:33:00 am »

Yeah, not looking to take someone's place.
I should mention i do all heists, i'm not speced for one specific thing

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 06, 2014, 04:33:25 am »

Pure ghost with the obvious value points in other trees can be hilariously good.

Couple minutes throughout a heist of stuns, anybody?
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #308 on: December 06, 2014, 04:34:56 am »

was debating posting again so soon, but i'm not sure what you mean by that second thing...?

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 06, 2014, 04:45:17 am »

was debating posting again so soon, but i'm not sure what you mean by that second thing...?

ECM feedback. With all the relevant skills, you can have a full minute of stun, and they recharge to be used for feedback every four minutes.

Longer heists, like Framing Frame day 3 if you were doing that loud, or Hoxton Breakout day 2 for example, tend to be long enough to get a couple uses out of an ECM throughout, so you can have a couple minutes uptime on the stun over the course of the day.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #310 on: December 06, 2014, 04:48:20 am »

ahhh, forgot ECMs can stun if skilled. I instead focused on some useful for soloish ones, like lockpicking, 2 ecm for atms, and opening keycard doors.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 06, 2014, 05:04:53 am »

My previous post having been said, my brief spell on LoL left me with a large aversion to randoms, so feel free to add me and if the usual crew's offline I'd be happy for a game. (IGN = sjm9876)

Disclaimer: Having played with the same people for pretty much forever, I have no idea of my absolute skill level :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #312 on: December 06, 2014, 05:09:53 am »

added :D

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 06, 2014, 05:41:36 am »

I just went Infamous 1 after finally having spend all my raw cash on silly things and masks - back to the grind : )

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 07, 2014, 12:22:47 am »

Pure ghost with the obvious value points in other trees can be hilariously good.

Couple minutes throughout a heist of stuns, anybody?

No, just... no.

ECM feedback is not completely terrible now, but overall pure ghost is just horrible. Spending so many points just to get feedback is a complete waste.

If you want to ECM rush stealth maps, go ghost. Everyone else get sprinter (and fast hands if you can spare the points without sacrificing anything important) and just ignore everything else in the tree.

Ghost needs to be completely overhauled.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35