Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bay12-The Country (RP)  (Read 2355 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Bay12-The Country (RP)
« on: June 10, 2013, 09:08:54 am »

Taken from here:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126827.0

(Didn't ask permission, but then again if someone else wishes to start it even better, I'm doing this out of good will and laughter...and betterment of the English Writing Skill I possess.)

The D12 system is used (Doesn't exist, just winging it as we go forth). You are 'You'.

Imagine a suggestion game, where 'You' whoever you are ends up with a ticket to the mad world of bay12. For extra sheningans, 'You' are a normal person, who has NEVER heard of bay12forum or the ensuing madness of Dwarf Fortress. So make 'Normal' suggestions.

It is a wonderful day. The clouds linger in the air peacefully, the wind is nice and the temperature is comfortable. It's really a good day to travel. You have bought yourself a nice vacation to Australia because, yes, beaches and sun are all the hype. Your luggage at hand, you are ready for your relaxing vacation. The next instant, just as you're watching the coastline of Australia's Sydney port come into view, you realize something is wrong. At the horizon, thick plumes of smoke are rising in the darkening sky, as what look like giant metallic structures are being brought down from the heavens themselves.

The alarm of the cruiser sounds a moment after, but by the time you catch your bearings and are about to reach a life-boat, a loud explosion rocks the bridge.
You fall in the icy cold water, and the last thing you see is a blurred form of some sort of giant whale made of steel and with bright red eyes, engulfing the ship in its jaws.

You wake up with your luggage in hand, on a sandy beach of Australia.

And something is clearly wrong.

What do you do?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12-The Country (RP)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:12:59 am »

* LordSlowpoke continues standing on the X.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:15:29 am »

(So you made a suggestion game where we play a bay12 on Tuesdays? Lol) PTW
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 09:17:01 am »

PTW

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 09:29:06 am »

You remain where you are, your eyes adjusting to the light and your breath stabilizing after the scare of nearly drowning.
Around you, the Australian beach is deserted. The road near the coast seems in disuse, but just a few kilometers from where you are you can see the forms of a city of sorts. The sea is strangely agitated by now, strange forms filled with tentacles are somewhat appearing beneath the water.
You have little doubt your sanity would be put to test, if you ever lay your eyes on what might be beneath the waves. Just to be on the safe side, you move a few steps back on the sand.
It's then that your foot hits something.

It's a skull. A human skull. The slight unintended kick has moved the skull a bit to reveal the sand below, and it is then that you come to the realization that maybe the beach isn't made of white sand...
but that someone sprinkled bone powder on top of it to make it look white...

You could go to the city.
You could go in the wilderness.
You could run screaming, many would.
Or you could check and see what you have in your luggage.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 09:35:35 am »

check luggage. to run from the bays genetic monstrosities is futile. there will always be more.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 10:48:07 am »

Your luggage is normal.
You have a change of clothes, a toothbrush, some toothpaste, a few stacks of money. You have a pair of swim trunks and your trusty satellite cellphone and notebook.
You could try and connect to the world.
Or you could remove yourself from the beach before one of those tentacle things try and decide you're tasty enough to be tasted...

But the choice, is yours.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 10:58:45 am »

Let leave soonish.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 11:07:39 am »

Check your hunger bar for evidence of Ultima Underworlds.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 11:33:53 am »

Run into the wilderness.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 12:06:26 pm »

PTF, to see which of us show up where.

Find a roadsign to find out where we are.
This is a blank sig.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 12:25:20 pm »

Woah damn. PTF.

Try to contact outside world. If that doesn't work, +1 to road sign.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 02:29:07 pm »

Woah damn. PTF.

Try to contact outside world. If that doesn't work, +1 to road sign.
+1
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 04:28:58 pm »

Well, you grab your luggage and hoist it over your shoulder, before starting to trek your way far from the sea.
You think you saw a tentacle wave at you, but then again that's impossible, right?

You try to use your phone, but there's no signal. Well, it's not that there isn't a signal...the patchy WIFI available appears to be trying to broadcast something in automatic through your smart-phone.
"Citizens of Bay12! It is I, your Overqualified Head of !!SCIENCE!! - sjm9876! We are in the process of patching the Wifi in the area! Stay tuned and remember: a good citizen speaks New Dorfen!"

You have no idea what that means.
For all that it matters, you have no idea what 'Bay12' is. This is supposed to be Australia, right?

There is a sign a bit further down the road. Strange guys wearing full body armor that eerily reminds you of the Space Marines of Warhammer are apparently uprooting it. You are conflicted about whether to move further towards them or not, when a hissed voice startles you from the side of the road.

"pss! You! Yes, you!" a voice whispers, revealing itself as some sort of...hermit? "Get over here before the Internal Security sees you!"

He's at the side of the road, in a ditch. He looks as if he hasn't washed in years.

What do you do now?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 04:42:20 pm »

Cry.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: [1] 2