Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods succession game  (Read 37095 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods succession game
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2013, 02:22:59 pm »

You lose 30% (or 40 ?) garrizon and +80% def in our lands, but we're such a blob, it's not that important now. Are you revoking romuvian kingdoms titles right now  :P ?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2013, 03:01:51 pm »

You get Crusades as Pagan too after 1100 (IIRC). I guess I or the next person has to reconvert. Or atleast go Interesting Christian like Miaphysite or a heresy.

EDIT: Or go unreformed other pagan and reform that. I wonder if you could reform every religion in one game.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:09:56 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2013, 03:24:47 pm »

If we go christian then we can marry into all the noble dynasties and claim their thrones.

Whelp the reconversion happened faster then you probably expected.  My king died of illness at 32, leaving my elder son to inherit who I was planning on cutting out of the succession through bishophood, just needed  to wait two years for him to mature so I could demand conversion.  So now you can go ahead and be pagan if you wish.

I'd say that you are in trouble seeing as I flipped a lot of the lords of the realm to catholic but seeing as you have 16k in the bank and you are about to crush a faction revolt, you shouldn't have too much difficulty keeping things together.

Here's hoping you die young and your younger brother (who's much better then you in every way and is the son I actually wanted, not a useless good for nothing lout of a godless heathen like you) brings us to glory!

Actually you might want to look into not having any heirs.  If your brother inherits, he can unify the three of the five largest realms (Wends, Roman, Aquitaine) into one super realm.  Shame I couldn't set us up for the Sayyid thrait though, I was expecting a little more time.

save:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3vdHCmP0WVNNmVWRzFfdXZleU0/edit?usp=sharing
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2013, 03:27:26 pm »

I'm sure you got more than six years, though. No, I'm not bitter or anything.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2013, 03:31:39 pm »

Wiles, if you would be so kind to update the OP, please.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2013, 03:38:52 pm »

You can't circumvent your heir from inheriting by giving him a bishop, it works only for 2nd son and later.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2013, 04:21:28 pm »

I'm sure you got more than six years, though. No, I'm not bitter or anything.

12 years, 11 of them in civil war.

Btw, my succcessor should make sure to prop up the queen of Aquitaine if possible so she doesn't lose her kingdom to that rebelling duke.  A trivial matter for our empire, a couple thousand troops will do but it is necessary to secure the inheritance.

You can't circumvent your heir from inheriting by giving him a bishop, it works only for 2nd son and later.

Yes you can, you just can't do it directly.

One trick is to give them a barony then a bishopric, then revoke the barony.  That's what I was doing, but the son didn't convert to catholicism so he wasn't invalidated.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:27:59 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2013, 06:49:07 pm »

Weird. And civil war is the normal state of the Wendish Empire. It was only the 5 last years or so of my reign where it was "civil peace" (and only small conquests).

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2013, 08:06:00 pm »

Wiles, if you would be so kind to update the OP, please.

You bet. I should have time to sort everything out and start my turn tomorrow afternoon.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2013, 06:20:28 am »

Heh i had some 6 years of peace during my rule because i ran out of interesting goals and waited for my character to die.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2013, 08:38:42 am »

So my father was Christian, my mother was Sunni  and I am Romuva. I sense a very confused upbringing.

It seems like most of my vassals are Christian and hate my guts. This should be interesting.  :P

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2013, 08:41:24 am »

I sure do hope so!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2013, 09:18:49 am »

It seems like most of my vassals are Christian and hate my guts. This should be interesting.  :P

You could secure a betrothal with a christian and covert!  Make your father proud, boy.  Or you could abdicate in favor of your brother (who will probably start a faction revolt against you soon) and make your father very proud.

Or you could use that huge warchest I gave you and defy all comers.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2013, 09:58:52 am »

You could secure a betrothal with a christian and covert!  Make your father proud, boy.  Or you could abdicate in favor of your brother (who will probably start a faction revolt against you soon) and make your father very proud.

And dishonour my Romuva ancestors? Never!   :P

Young Treniotas was woken in the middle of the night by the sound of heavy boots coming through the doorway to his bedroom. He reached for the dirk underneath his pillow and watched the figures approach out of the corner of his eye but relaxed as he recognised the face of a guardsman loyal to him.

"Your Imperial Majesty, your father is dead" said the guard as he dropped to his knee. "You are Emperor!".

Treniotas sat up in his bed and spat on the floor. "It's about damn time," he said. "If he clung to life any longer I would have had to smother him in his sleep myself". He waved for his men to stand. "Go, gather my vassals for the coronation. Make it clear that to not show would be considered a dire insult".

"Yes, your Imperial Majesty" said the guard as he rose to his feet.

Treniotas watched the men leave, he was glad to have them. He had spent much time while his father was ill hiring men that would be loyal to him. He didn't trust most of the house servants or guardsmen in service of his father. He knew there were many among them that would rather see his younger brother Lubartas as Emperor of the Wends. His father had been grooming Treniotas to rule and it was no secret that the two had very different visions for the Wendish Empire. Emperor Ermantas had fought hard to establish the Wendish Empire as a Christian state, even going as far as placing his own Pope in the holy see of Rome. Treniotas on the other hand had never taken to the new ways. The priests often complained to his father that he didn't accept their teachings, no matter how hard they beat him with the strap. After his lessons he would often sneak off to the local Romuva temple where the common people still worshipped the Old Gods. There he learned much of the religion of his people and of his heroic ancestors.

Things were going to change and he knew that the Gods were relying on him to bring those changes about.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2013, 11:37:41 am »

Actually I never gave you the strap once you insolent whelp, that must have been where I went wrong.  You were a thickheaded child, unlike your brother and needed lessons beaten into you.  I was far too softhearted.  I gave you everything and you learned nothing from it.  My wife was right about you.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:39:26 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16