Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis: Bloodrush ~{~~(@  (Read 16264 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: @)~~}~ (RPG) Magia Exquisitis: Bloodrush ~{~~(@
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2013, 05:05:26 pm »

To make sure it's not forgotten:

1 GP to gain Two Fate-Aspected Cantrips

1 FP to Create a Material-based Defensive stance using Five Seasons Response.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2013, 05:54:07 pm »

Spending 1 Feature Point to gain a permanent ritual. I bet Weirdsound can guess which one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2013, 03:30:40 am »

Save my GP'st
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:19:12 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2013, 08:58:59 am »

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 09:05:22 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2013, 05:05:34 pm »

E: Double Journal! Again!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:02:05 pm by Grek »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2013, 02:37:54 am »

Point Expenditure from today's mission:

1fp: Ritual that skews a recently deceased person's Fate to ensure that they are reincarnated into a good life/happy home, etc.

1gp: Pair of Cantrips or one spell continuing learning Violet Bier of Sorrows Style.

1gp: Pair of Cantrips or one spell learning Charcoal March of Spiders Style.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2013, 03:25:30 am »

Special note: If you want Jerry to make you a Star Cloak, mention it when posting your turn and give him 1500$.

E: I would like to apply for the following Favour advancements, WeirdSound:

+1 Aijorluk: Harming Lil' Joey, who had the information I wanted about the vampire coven.
+1 Aijorluk: Stealing an assault rifle from the hag who had an assault rifle I wanted.
+1 Aijorluk: Harming said hag using a combination of magic and the assault rifle I stole from her.
+1 Aijorluk: Harming the hag who knew that burning torture spell I wanted to learn.
+1 Aijorluk: Harming Willy Beet, who had the keys I wanted to use to loot the basement with.
+2 Aijorluk: Visiting two new populations, the Miskatonic Campus and the Lost Woods.
+1 Fen Fwa, for advancing Aijorluk? Assuming most of the above are accepted.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:17:32 am by Grek »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2013, 11:43:53 am »

Point Expenditure from today's mission:

1fp: Ritual that skews a recently deceased person's Fate to ensure that they are reincarnated into a good life/happy home, etc.

1gp: Pair of Cantrips or one spell continuing learning Violet Bier of Sorrows Style.

1gp: Pair of Cantrips or one spell learning Charcoal March of Spiders Style.

Reflection comes after a forum turn, not a mission. But you can feel free to reflect on the latest mission when reflection happens...

Saturday, December 14th 2013, Week 0, Day 3

The mission was draining, both physically and emotionally, but eventually it is done and rewards are doled out.

VAVA has scooped out the battle site, and has found three dead Kinderhags, together worth 1200 a piece. They also found the burnt out basement, and although they can't find definitive proof as to how many things you killed down there, they accept that at least a couple baddies likely died down there, and round your paycheck up to a nice 2000 USD each. They agree to let you have some time with your prisoners; for the next three days you may turn in any of them to be executed for the full reward, but after that window VAVA says they are your problem.

3 Prisoners: An Eveian Hag and two Common European Vampires have been taken. Thorton doesn't feel comfortable keeping more than one or two subdued in the current facilities, so you might wish to decide on at least one to free, execute, or hand in for more reward money sooner rather than later.

Miles gets all the stuff he ordered on turn 1. Yay. Gemcraft hooooooooooo!

Jeremiah Williams gets the sword Thorton Promised him. It is a simple steel hand-and-a-half bastard blade, and an elephant is engraved on the handle in nickel-silver. Thorton tells you the blade set him back 850 USD, and that you can just take your time repaying or can just do him a favor later.

Feel free to start posting your next turns now!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2013, 12:36:50 pm »

3 hours: Retrieving Miles stash from his old office. Make sure I'm not followed. (Perception 2d6)
3 hours: Practice my Craft: Composition with Jan and hopefully learn some magical scrollwork. (Craft/Composition 3d6)
2 hours: Visit a Merchant Network Bazaar via lucid dreaming. Trade for beaded goods if I feel I can make a profit, perhaps using the less useful stuff I got from the stash, and shop around for information on where I could get 'Woozle blood', and how much it might cost me. Try not to end up with less than three or six beads for my next action, and don't trade the Incomplete Greek Fire Formula unless it's a deal breaker. Be extra smooth. (Charm? 3d6+1)
4 hours: Fashion two gems from my beads via alchemy, not using the IGFF of course. If I can't craft two, spend these four hours practicing Contain Magic with Thorton. (Craft/Jeweling 3d6+1d6 time bonus if applicable)

----
Sometime soon enough...

Miles stood in the whirling snow, pacing a bit. He knew he couldn't put it off any longer.

Any pain was nothing compared to what he would feel if she...

He remembers.

She was a rookie when he first met her. Not the sort that kept the procedure manual in their pants, though-her first bust, she tackled this asshole who had punched an old Korean lady for being too slow with the money he was stealing. Cold clocked him against a dumpster. The thug sued, but he didn't win. Still, it was enough...she wasn't the sort of cop who could 'play along to get along', they said. Her time was limited.

Miles was by then an old hand at police work-a real hardcase. He was suspiciously young for one so relied upon by the department-and yet, he had few real friends. The mundanes knew he could make things happen, but didn't care how. Tips and insights on crimes that no one could figure out. A small speck of trace evidence that led to a conviction. A lifetime killer and well paid thug breaking down and spilling, asking for his mother and redemption. And even if they got away...they never hurt anyone again. The other guys trusted him to do these things...but, they kept their distance, though. He didn't blame them.

Kathryn Lynch was assigned to him as a last resort really. She was a damn good cop. But, she couldn't control her anger. A walking liability-an expensive city lawsuit waiting to happen. And she asked too many questions, of too many people higher up. Rumor was she was going to get foot patrol in a nasty part of town if she kept asking questions. If that didn't kill her, or worse-she'd get transferred to another department. And if she settled in, they'd transfer her again and again till she cracked up, got injured and was moved to a desk, or gave up entirely.

Miles was glad she was sent to him, before any of that.

Didn't know what to make of her, at first.

But, after that mess with Jimmy Root...he knew she was special. A reason to keep fighting. She was hurt by the things she had experienced. He was too. But, it didn't hurt so much when they were together.

Screwing up his courage, Miles dialed in a number on his cellphone. One he had been keeping in his wallet for awhile now. He hadn't wanted to be like this...but, there was no other way.

A voice answered him. He didn't recognize it.

"Hello...I'm looking for Kathryn Lynch...this is Miles. Miles West."

((OOC: Might as well link this for reference sake, saves WS the trouble digging it up

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108872.msg3273479;topicseen#msg3273479 ))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:45:13 pm by Dwarmin »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2013, 01:18:23 pm »

The voice on the other end is soft, dangerous, and contains the slightest hint of a germanic accent. "You guys will honestly have to do better than to dig up a name from Archmage Lynch's past to get to her. Puck has this call traced back to Massachusetts, you can't fool us."

He pauses for a second and takes a deep breath. "If Daintyroot gave you that name, I bear you no ill will, but we can't afford to associate with your lot. We hope putting her out of her misery dosn't fall to us. If that unbearable c*** Sweeny mysticticed up that detail to get to her though, I want you to pass along a message for me."

The person on the other end chuckles a bit. "Tell him thank you. What he did last time was unforgivable. Lynch finally cracked, and gave me permission to lead a counteroffensive. The Pharaohs are coming east. We will kill Sweeny, Fitz, and Goldberg, and see they stay dead. And you best hope I'm feeling merciful when I do it, cause I have half a mind to payback Boston, New York, Innsmouth, and the like sevenfold what you lot did to Southern California."

The person on the other end lets you protest for a few seconds before laughing and hanging up.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2013, 02:09:03 pm »

Miles had a few seconds to try and say something...anything...though, he was sure this asshole wouldn't pass it along. You couldn't really trust anyone, could you?

"Then, I'm coming in person. Tell her I'll bring the Minneapolis Driver, if she'll bring the wall. Even if it's a bit late in the year." *click*

'Minneapolis Driver' was a horrible brew Miles and Lynch had taken to throwing a bottle of against a wall once every year when they were steady-often on Halloween, when they were drunk and happy otherwise-a ritual in mock celebration, after he had made the mistake of buying it once, in an attempt to impress her.

Then again, an Archmage couldn't even trust the most personal of facts. He knew she would be careful. He had taught her how.

He wasn't sure if this fact would get through...but, he would find her...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 05:54:54 am by Dwarmin »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2013, 02:27:51 pm »

Flush with blood money, Jeremiah decides to search out the reagents for a number of rituals and get to consecrating holy items and awakening things best left slumbering.

0 hours: Pay Thorton the money I owe him. -850$
1 hour: Hit up the local silversmith and buy enough silver for all the cloaks. Current price seems to about 280$ a pound, so that's 1400$ a cloak in silver.
1 hour: Go to a tailoring place for the cloth and copper wire. Cloth seems to be around 15$ a yard, while the wire is ~8$ for 50'. Let's call it 100$ per cloak in fabric and wire.
4 hours: Search Arkham for alchemy and ritual supply shops, especially ones that have stuff on the list below. 5d6
3 hours: Preliminary interrogations of our prisoners! The Priest of Aijorluk has a spell to determine loyalties, a sewing needle and a jar of fiend honey. He wishes to use all three to determine which prisoners are worth keeping and which are not.
1 hour: Bless a star cloak in the name of Vich Gor'Teerech for myself. 3d6+2 Piety.
1 hour: Bless a star cloak in the name of Fen Fwa for Miles. Assuming he's paying. 3d6+2 Piety.
1 hour: Bless a star cloak in the name of Fen Fwa for Alice. Assuming she's paying. 3d6+2 Piety.

Spoiler: Ritual Stuff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:57:53 pm by Grek »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2013, 03:44:35 pm »

Oh, I guess I am paying for a Star Cloak then.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2013, 05:50:04 pm »

There's nothing I want to do right now, is there? Just... lie here...

Vortanna looks up at the ceiling from the comfort of her bed, silent, contemplating what they'd done yesterday. what they'd seen. What they'd experienced...

It was horrible. So very, very horrible.

But... they'd saved the kids. That was what mattered, to her. They were safe. Now... that was something.

In fact...

Vortanna pushes herself up to her feet, dressing herself and heading out to find where the kids had been bunked, heading inside to see if there's something she can do for them.

Spend a couple (2) hours with the children. Probably won't do anything mechanically, but still.

Following that, exercise still being out of the question because of both being too tired to bother and the venom still coursing in her veins, she decides to lose herself in research.

Spend the rest of the day trawling the library for any information at all about the Pattern Spiders, Fate, and anything that could possibly help.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2013, 11:31:44 pm »

Alright, I'm assuming we're using the new time system, so...

3 hours: Spended on working on that song magic that Francis and Alice got earlier, since it looks like Alice already did her part. (Perform Song: 3d6+2, to complete the spell opportunity)
7 hours: Learn how to craft things using basic outdoor things to help with that Trap spell (Craft: Survival Crafting 2d6-2 + 3 hours extra time bonus 1d6+1 = 3d6-1, to advance Craft: Survival Crafting)
2 hours: Start writing! First, about the philosophy of the plight of the makings of the Kinderhags, and one about the Hammer of Thor symbol, and the powers observed during the battle of last night.

And use my Potion of Angel Blood.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:01:56 pm by KujiUn »
Still alive, amazingly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14