Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 38736 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... I'm starting to feel a little alone here. 4 mages and me lol. Can you guys give me some magic enhancements? Take pitty on the pore guy hacking enemy limbs off. After all I am the guy getting shot at instead of you.

If it helps he is really nice guy.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile

If things go as planned for my characters personality, she won't like anyone.  Not even nice guys.  Considering Gollum is an inspiration, this may not end well.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well you don't need to like me. But I'm fairly sure you'd like to avoid getting shot, stabbed or otherwise harmed? Consider me a meat shield. The more you enhance me the better I'll be able to prevent you being maimed.

Pancaek, uhm sorry if this is a stupid question but do I get a bonus for being the only non squishy non mage on our team? I think I'm gonna need 1.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:09:03 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

(well you're not getting a straight up bonus just because the team happens to be very magic-centric right now. But you won't be fighting big bad demons or dragons from the get-go, so you'll be fine.)

Joy was sitting in her couch, reading her book. She was so entranced by it, she didn't even hear the car alarms down the street going off. That is until she heard a scream from the super mart across the streets. Police sirens could be heard in the distance, as well as....gunshots? At that moment her front door opens and in strolls a young woman, wearing jeans and a hoodie, she stands about 1,6 meters tall and has short black hair. “excuse me, miss, but could you come with me? You're in grave danger.”

Eleanor's concert was going swimmingly. She wasn't just playing her violin, it seemed to have gained life, and they were in a beautiful tango together. She sat there with her eyes closed as the music filled the hall. But the sweet melody was suddenly cut short by a schrill scream. Opening her eyes, she saw men coming through the doors at the back of the hall, clad in iron and wielding swords and axes. They were attacking audience members, slaughtering them while they cackled madly. Suddenly she felt a strong hand on her shoulder. Looking to her side, she saw someone, over 2 meters tall and hooded, the man spoke with a deep, raspy voice. “Miss Nightray? You'll have to come with me if you want to survive.” And he starts heading towards the exit.

Terry was coming home from work, feeling like shit. The costumers were shit, the boss was shit. A small cat walked towards him, perhaps expecting a treat. “Oh I'll give you a treat, you little mongrel.” Terry kicked the cat a good 5 meters and it lands painfully. His smile and joy from tormenting those weaker than himself fades fast however, when he hears gunshots ringing out in the distance. Are the gangs having a territory conflict again? “You might want to come with me kid” says a deep, authoritive voice behind him, “If you want to live”. The voice belongs to a man, 1,8 meters tall with a thick moustache and beard. He's wearing a duster with what seems like body armor underneath. 

Lilia Was sitting in her flat, sipping her coffee. She looked out of her windows, the red sky and city gloom reflecting her state of mind. A tiny shinign speck appears in the sky, huh, a shooting star maybe? and it grows bigger and bigger, until her windows explodes inwards and a large chunk of wall is gone as well. A vaguely humanoid creature, about 1.2m high with leathery wings and green fur is crumpled up in the debris. "Hey there hon, it ain't safe here, so what do you say we skeddadle out of here, you and me?" Confused Lilia looks towards the gaping hole that used to be her window and sees a man, rather handsome with blond hear, a clean shaven face and deep blue eyes. He's just floating in front her 2nd story window.

Harvey was walking down the street when he suddenly heard voices behind him. "Sir, package sighted, moving for extraction." He hears the sound of combat boots pounding the ground behind him. as he wheeled around he sees three men clad in black and blue combat fatigues rushing towards him. One of the speaks up: "Brok? Harvey Brok? You need to follow us to the extraction point right this instance, before they get here." No sooner has the man finished saying this when the man at back screams "CONTACT!" and starts firing his rifle. He get's about 5 shots in before he's hit with a whet thud and falls to floor. He starts screaming for help and thrashing about, but some kind of grey fungus spreads all over him and in a moment he's being dissolved completely. "shit shit shit, move to secondary extraction point. you, Brok, follow us!" The remaining two men start running towards the end of the street.

((Just to clarify some things. Fluff is typed normally, what you say is between "", actions should be bolded and OOC should go between (()). for those who have points in magic, you will get to choose your discipline/element in a few turns.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: Turn 1: The sacking of earth
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 04:15:21 am »

Follow the two men.
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Joy stands up from the couch, feeling rather indecent in just her bathrobe. Who was this person? And why is her timing so terribly inconvenient?

"Uh... what? I need to follow you? Where? What's going on? What's happening outside?"

Ask. Then follow if there's no time or whatnot, this is clearly some sort of crisis situation.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 06:05:36 am »

Eleanor stood there frozen, transfixed by the slaughter that had begun. It had all been going so well, why did this have to happen now? Finally with great effort she pulled her eyes away and began to run after the hooded figure, not caring who he was or what he was doing there. Whoever he was, whatever his goal was it couldn’t be worse than the massacre in that concert hall.

Run after the hooded figure
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 07:38:13 am »

Terry eyed the man warily. A big ol' bastard of a spook wearing body armor was just party to his 'pastime'
Did they seriously send crazy swat or whatever the fuck this was after people who fucked up some stupid cats?
Whatever trouble he was in, Terry didn't see much choice, he wasn't anything even in the same ballpark as athletic enough to run from this guy, nor was he willing to find out what 'If you want to live' meant. Fucking crazy ass Dirty Harry spook.

Submit and follow the armored spook.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 11:22:21 am »

((For this once, I'm not going to wait for Lalasa's action. reason being that whatever you do now, It's pretty much guaranteed to have the same outcome)

The young girl takes Joy by the hand and leads her to the door. Two armed men in combat fatigues are standing guard just outside. "We need to move quickly ma'am, we've had contact just two blocks from here." "Oh I'm sure we still have time" She says with a smile. [mind:3] you get a bad feeling about this. The girl sees the troubled look on your face. "Hey, don't be scared, we'll pro-" She's suddenly cut off as the first guard opens fire. You see a tall figure, wearing tattered clothing and with an arm that ends in giant blade. He has his foot on the second guard and is slicing him open from stomach to throat. The girl seems to panic for a moment and leads you just around the corner. She takes a small glass bead out of her pocket and throws it on the ground, creating a large collum of light. "All right, I'll explain what's going to happen now, so listen good all right. We're with..." [Per:5] you hear no more gunshots The girl seems to realize at the same time as you and turns around to look. She let's out a startled yelp as her right arm gets sliced off. She falls back against you and you both stumble into the light. Darkness ensues.

Harvey follows the two men on a mad dash through the streets. Upon rounding one of the corners he sees more armed man standing in a circle around a collumn of light, shooting into packs of crazed humans with clubs and knives. One of the crazies get's close and goes to grab his arm when they're almost at the portal. [Agi:3+1] you  dodge the grapple and [str:6] deck the fucker right in the face, so hard you feel his nose breaking. He stumbles back and trips over the body of one of his comrades and gets schredded by machine gun fire. One of the soldiers grabs you by your collar and drags you through the portal, darkness ensues.

Eleanor walks after the hooded figure in a daze, not sure of what's happening. [per:5] You notice no-one seems to be looking at you, nor the tall hooded man, who admittedly stands out somewhat. "noticed that did you? Have no fear none of them can see you while I'm around." The door is blocked by a rather burlish chap with spiked armour and a large axe. But the hooded figure simply walks up to him, lightly touches the man, and mutters something under his breath. The brute spasms for a moment and you can hear snapping sounds, then he just collapses to the floor. All of it seems so surreal, you don't even notice everything that happens next. The last thing you remember is the hooded figure gently carrying you to a large collumn of light. "Everything's fine now, I'll see you on the other side" He puts you inside of the light, and darkness ensues.

Meanwhile, terry is following the man down the street until they encounter a bunch of thugs. Hoodlums and gangbangers mostly, but something seems off, they look almost feral. "Bloody hell, they already made thralls?" The man takes a deep pull from his cigar and flicks it out infront of him. He closes his fist and punches the air, you see the small red embers of the cigar explode into a bright ball of flames that goes flying towards the hoodlums. It explodes in their mids, catching them off guard and setting them all on fire. You're in shock as a small, robed figure emerges from the inferno, seemingly ignoring the flames. "So you've taken my thralls, mercenary? No matter, your petty flames cannot stop the coming of the..!" But he gets cut off as the man quickly pulls a pistol, with a thin long barrel and a detachable magazine infront of the trigger, out of his jacket and shoots the robed figure repeatedly with startling accuracy. The robed figure gets hit in the chest at least 8 times, with the last shot blowing part of his skull off. "Well shit, let this be a lesson kid. you might be a mage, you might have the might to stop the elements themselves, but a bullet to the brain still totally sucks. Anyhow, it ain't safe here, best to let you take a shortcut." He throws a bead behind you and before you can react shoves you backwards. Darkness ensues.

Lilia is dazed at this new turn of events. The man gently grabs her and moves to the window once more. "hang on tight now, sweetheart" and before you know it you're soaring through the skies at startling speed. [per:4+1] You can see the streets below, it's utter chaos. people are being killed, houses destroyed. the attackers seem to be both human and otherwise, and you could swear you saw two unknown creatures battling eachother at one point. The man lands near a collumn of light and gently pushes you through, darkness ensues.

You all wake up in a long hallway. A guard who rounds the corner is startled for a moment and unholsters his sidearm while murmuring into his earpierce. After a moment he holsters his gun again and walks towards you. "The boss can explain all this, just head to the briefing room, it's right around the corner there." You round the corner and come into a sort of meeting room. Inside are four people. A large man in a duster, smoking a cigar. A small, young woman with a mechanical arm and two mechanical tendril sprouting from her back. A very tall being, seemingly made completely out of rust-colored brown metal, whose face looks more akin to a medievil helmet. And A robed man with light blue skin, completely white eyes and a bald head. "I'm not sure where to start, but I'll try to explain what happened as best as I can" he says in a low, rumbling voice seemingly coming from inside of the metal head "but before I play history teacher, do you have any pressing questions before we start?"
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:33:04 am by Pancaek »

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2013, 11:34:31 am »

((I'm here, I'm here :P ))

Lilia gets up slowly and stares blankly at the guard with an incredibly annoyed expression.  Who are these people to kidnap her from her sanctuary and then knock her out so coldly?!  And this flying business, it wasn't normal!  Nothing that happened today was normal!  "But society is gone," she remembers swiftly, the images of beasts fighting and houses burning imprinting itself across her mind.

Nevertheless, Lilia quickly backs away from the guard, then sighs dejectedly and walks towards the briefing room.  Nothing could possibly get worse anyway.  She stubbornly says silent however.  Nobody needs to know she exists if possible.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:29:21 pm by Lalasa »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2013, 11:48:16 am »

"Um, yeah. I have a question. What? Just... what? I don't understand a damn thing here. What's with the violence, the shooting and the... well, everything? Who are you people, even?"

Ask.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2013, 11:58:57 am »

"My name is Harvey, would somebody mind telling me who the insane man I clocked in the face was and why he wanted me?"
Caine's law.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2013, 12:39:02 pm »

Eleanor remained in stunned silence as she walked slowly towards the briefing room her violin clutched to her chest as if it was some kind of lifeline. The image of the concert hall still burned in her mind refusing to leave her even now she was gone from the nightmare. Even as she entered the briefing room she paid no attention to the strange people in there, not responding when the metal man spoke. She was not even sure she could speak if she wanted to.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:57:47 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2013, 01:05:22 pm »

"Um, yeah. I have a question. What? Just... what? I don't understand a damn thing here. What's with the violence, the shooting and the... well, everything? Who are you people, even?"
"on August the third 2013 someone or something activated this plane's anchor on mars. An anchor is an object that allows for a connection of a plane to the in-between. The more active anchors, the more possible passageways." the man sighs and scratches his beard "Only this anchor activated about one month before our best seers predicted, and went absolutely berserk. Hundreds of passageways opened all over the world and allowed all kind of nasties from other planes to enter ours. As for who we are, we're with the order, we regulate passageways between planes."

"My name is Harvey, would somebody mind telling me who the insane man I clocked in the face was and why he wanted me?"
"sounds like a thrall to me. Adept mages who specialize in the, ah, darker aspects of mind magic effectively whipe a persons mind and make them their slaves." answers the blue skinned man.

"all right, so as Morgan already said, the anchor went berserk that day. We don't know what started it, and we still don't know how to stop it. The good news is that most of the passageways have been closed by our navigators. The bad news is that about half the population of earth was killed in the meantime. The Americas took the worst of it, especially south america. The russians retreated underground and launched nuclear missiles, but they were shot down by unknowing mages from another plane and fell back onto russia. So russia is pretty much wiped out. You are latent Magic users and the idea was to recruit you into the order to prepare for the few extra passageways that would have opened. However, we didn't expect so many to open up on such short notice."  He shifts his hollow iron eyeholes over each of you, holding his stare for just a bit. "Before I continue, you should know this. Something went terribly wrong with the teleportation magics that day. Most people reappeared after a few days, more extreme cases took a few months. I don't quite know how to say this, but..."

The girl chimes in, brushing away a strand of hair from her face with her right tendril "Some people never reapeared, while sporadically some people reappear after years."

The bearded man takes a long pull from his cigar and blows a few smoke rings. "Welcome to january 26th, 2256."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2013, 01:08:25 pm »

"Uhm, I don't think I'm a magic user. I've never even had the slightest strange thing happen to me. But as that thralls face can attest if he's still alive. I've got a mean right hook."
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39