Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: In the Shadow of the Dragons IC Thread (Fantasy Civ Game)  (Read 6736 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
In the Shadow of the Dragons IC Thread (Fantasy Civ Game)
« on: August 11, 2013, 02:57:50 pm »

Peace Phase 1:
Game State

It is the fall of the third full year since the fall of the Dragon. In the past months, eight mighty Kingdoms, Confederacies, and other factions have risen, and between them they control about 3/4ths of the settlements within the Garden Valley.

The Valley has fallen silent. Greater Race trade convoys have become almost non existant since the Kingdoms began to rise; perhaps the God Dragons are planning revenge, or perhaps they are just afraid to expose their merchants to unified and powerful lesser race factions for fear of robbery or even worse: Cultural Diffusion.

To make matters worse there has been little communication between the fledgling kingdoms. Whispers of a new war, between the lesser races, echo throughout the castles, war rooms, and manors of the nobles and are sung to the commoners by bloodthirsty minstrels of racist and nationalistic persuasion.

In an attempt to normalize things, Head Temple Elder Ailmurt has called a meeting between faction leaders to take place in the Temple's Chapel. The elder first proposed disolving the factions and putting all towns in the valley under direct temple control. This went over poorly; Several leaders set their guards upon Ailmurt and the results were quite bloody.

Three Chaotic Hours later the new Head Temple Elder Tekos calls the meeting back into order, and reluctantly opens the floor to proposals and discussions from the factions themselves...

It is now the Peace Phase. Feel free to make trades with other players, build squads and improvements, and deploy civilian squads as you see fit! Post and say when you are done with your actions for the peace phase...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: In the Shadow of the Dragons IC Thread (Fantasy Civ Game)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 04:02:47 pm »

Bormus Cragbeard had been summoned.
Summoned to this out of the way temple in the middle of nowhere to make peace with a bunch of other leaders who were all eyeing each other like rabid dogs looking for meat. "Well, time to do the impossible one more time I suppose" he muttered as he approached the temple doors.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 04:05:28 pm »

Khaz'gar Sevargda stood within the hall, picking at his teeth with a freshly made toothpick (The fact that said toothpick was made from Alimurt was not spoken of, nor was the fact there were a few more made from the same bone). His rather large body garbed within thick leather in dark, dull tones that lay underneath the heavy metal plates that made up his armour. Khaz'gar was a large specimen for his species, standing head and shoulders over most orcs, with the fat and muscle of an orc his size behind it. The self-proclaimed king of the Kasvaldni league still very much knew that most of the others had not yet formed any sort of militia bands or the like, whereas the boon that the Kasvaldni had "given" them an appropriately-sized band of Phantoms. Needless to say, this made Khaz'gar confident. Perhaps even overconfident...

Deploy the Phantom scout squad to explore to the southwest, looking for resources or anything that would be useful for a settlement site. Other orders pending
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 04:19:10 pm »

Harold MacTargash stood near the Northern wall of the chapel, looking with distaste at the other leaders. Behind him stood three more Orcs, his honor guard and advisers.

"Well then. I suppose this is it then? I know I don't need to tell you how dire the straits we are in. With one Dragon God dead the others are sure to see us as a threat to be crushed. Maybe we should count ourselves lucky that they have not attacked in the past three years as we tried to pick ourselves back up. As it stands though their armies could rush over the passes any day now. I purpose a unity. Not a loss of sovereignty like some would have you take, but still, it is clear that we are going to need to work together in these trying times to keep ourselves alive. I purpose that we, the eight greatest nations in this land join together for mutual defense against the dragon threat."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 04:23:15 pm »

Harold MacTargash stood near the Northern wall of the chapel, looking with distaste at the other leaders. Behind him stood three more Orcs, his honor guard and advisers.

"Well then. I suppose this is it then? I know I don't need to tell you how dire the straits we are in. With one Dragon God dead the others are sure to see us as a threat to be crushed. Maybe we should count ourselves lucky that they have not attacked in the past three years as we tried to pick ourselves back up. As it stands though their armies could rush over the passes any day now. I purpose a unity. Not a loss of sovereignty like some would have you take, but still, it is clear that we are going to need to work together in these trying times to keep ourselves alive. I purpose that we, the eight greatest nations in this land join together for mutual defense against the dragon threat."

"Well wouldja lookit that. Someones speakin sense right off the bat! And from an Orc no less!
Aye, the dwarves of The Mindforge Hearths also feel this to be the proper course of things."
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 04:42:00 pm »

The Demorine queen watches.

Build a Warrior Squad to defend Riverbed
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:57:48 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 04:42:08 pm »

"Indeed..."Harold consults a small slip of paper stuck into a slit in the sleeve on his right arm. "Honorable Cragbeard. Speaking of cooperation, I believe our tribes were in talks about the supplying of each other with dearly needed administrators and fighters. We have a Sargent from the Hakal clan, brilliant young man by the name of Otaf. He worked as a standard bearer during the war. Since then he has been taught even more. He is interested in seeing life outside the clans and helping our allies ready themselves for the times that are sure to be coming ahead. I belive you will find him to your satisfaction, as I am sure we will find your administrators to our."

At this Harold turned from the dwarf to address the rest of the assembly. "Of course, this does not fill our needs fully. We still are in need of administrators. We also are low on master farmers, hunting can only feed us so far, and although the young ones are enthusiastic we simply do not have enough to teach them."

Trade one fighter to BFEL (MindForge Hearths) for a Scholar. More orders pending.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 04:54:42 pm »

"The Norlar humans agree that a peace between the eight greater nations of this Valley is desirable. It took all of us to slay one Dragon, and there are eight more. We cannot afford to squabble amongst ourselves so soon." Marrick looks at each leader in turn, starting with the Orcs. "Of course, peace between ourselves does not mean we should neglect the defence of this Valley. I can provide two phalanx squads for this purpose almost immediately..."

Construct a Smithy in Karnellshire. Use the Smithy's ability to produce a phalanx squad without the need for a craftsman. Recruit a second squad of phalanx, Drafting a Serf in place of a craftsman. (More orders forthcoming.)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 05:04:17 pm »

Clair spoke "And on the off chance a dragon would seek peace, what is the council view?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 05:10:40 pm »

((I think you'd have to wait until next turn to use the smithy atleast Swordsmith. Takes time to build things you know :P ))

"While the league apprecaites this peace, we fully expect it to be broken, and thus does not beholden anyone to any sort of act, peace agreement nor alliance. Even if any of the dragon gods were to rtaliate, the only victims of such would be the very caretakers of this temple. For us, this is no big loss. Sure, it takes away our ability to fight the dragons, but death is one thing that cannot be fought, reasoned, bribed or otherwise averted completely. While delaying is an option, it is not a good one, nor does it provide any benefit to either party.

Of course, there happens to be cases where someone wishes to delay their demise, so that only time claims them. We are more than willing to facilitate such an agreement, provided the price is right..."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 05:15:29 pm »

Granate Thrudr ponders on his seat. His eyes dart back and forth, surveying the room and the others inside. He places his cheek on his rough palm, and his silver beard flows on the table like white water. Politics was never really his thing, but his kingdom was. And this meeting is for his kingdom, so Thrudr had to go. He sighs, then he picks his quill and writes down his orders for Karkadir.

Construct a Smithy in Karkadir.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 05:21:04 pm »

Harold shifted uncomfortably for a moment, his eyes flicking to Thrudr of Halvuska and then back to Clair.

"I feel that the dragons by and large are not to be trusted. They are too different from us, even the 'greater' races are understandable... With a few notable exceptions. Some of the Dragons, like the Dragon of the north, are clearly benevolent. Some of them, like the now slain Dragon of the Northeast and the still living Dragon of the Northwest are clearly malevolent. But in the end they all have alien minds and thoughts to us.

If a Dragon comes in peace I would welcome it, but not let my guard down, not ever."

With that said he then turns to the other Orcish leader in attendance.

"Did I hear you right? We shouldn't bother to fight for our lives? Our lands? Our peoples? You think we should lay over and let the dragons win?! We have clearly shown that beating them is possible. That if we fight together we at least have a chance. And you ply us with veiled threats?

Your words are the words of cowards and bandits. Not of men."

Harold spits on the ground.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 05:24:32 pm by Criptfeind »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 05:23:44 pm »

Reshiel looked around the conclave, a bit disappointed at the people's general inability to co-operate and co-exist[glow=white]Now Khaz'gar, you know my opinions on warmongering, we must work in harmony if there is to be hope of growing to become more than we are now, to that end I make a vow now, should any of you leaders here attack another without provocation, I will send the full might of my forces against you, and I encourage the rest of you to make similar vows.[/glow]

Be a righteous asshole, Make a Warrior Squadron for self defense
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 05:30:05 pm »

"We die regardless if we win or not. Our legacies will rot away and crumble, and all that will remain will be dust long after we have been forgotten. Why beholen ourselves to the standards of the fallen dragon whom we destroyed and desecrated for our own purposes? Why not take the moment we have to enjoy it instead?

Besides, are we not bandits, Harold? You know that is what the humans paint us as. I care little if my words like they are right, for in the end, such a distiction is meaningless, is it not?

And most of you should full know by now that what might you could muster would still only be half as much as what we have available."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 05:36:23 pm »

Clair listen to Khaz'gar's spiel "Man, sound like someone need to get laid."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8