Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4554 4555 [4556] 4557 4558 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3048654 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #68325 on: May 07, 2014, 04:29:40 pm »

<Sorry, that's partially my fault. I didn't design your chassis anticipating that you would attain emotions and a soul.>

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68326 on: May 07, 2014, 04:30:45 pm »

"I have a freeze ray."

Alice wasn't quite sure what to say to this, in the end she simply said
"That... That must be useful"

"Ahh, didn't programm numbness yet. Or temperatures. Sure, the ICARUS-05 has all of that, but that's all just numbers on a screen. The sense of touch I have so far is a bit...rudimentary. Maybe I programmed it with a too single minded purpose."

"You... You can't feel things properly yet?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68327 on: May 07, 2014, 04:34:21 pm »

<Shopping? Don't mind if I do~...>
Lizzie teleports by them.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68328 on: May 07, 2014, 04:35:10 pm »

<Shopping? Don't mind if I do~...>
Lizzie teleports by them.

Alice waved to Lizzie
"Hello"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #68329 on: May 07, 2014, 04:37:08 pm »

"Well, my world is still incomplete. Nothing in there just appears, I made coded everything from scratch, including the properties of my body in that world. As I was used to the mostly sense-less state, most senses were not much of a priority. I only added a sense of hearing very shortly before you visited. You may have noticed that there is no kind of temperature, or that you can't actually smell anything, and probably all the tiny little details that I'd probably never really think about, like numbness for example. And even if I added them, they're mostly constructed after descriptions, and most of them start with "that's hard to describe", so there may be things in my own world that behave entirely different from how they do in this world. I can get most things right, by simulating the sensors I have on the ICARUS-05, and then creating a phenomenon that gives me the same readings as they do in the real world, but that can only do that much. Building a world from scratch is hard work."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68330 on: May 07, 2014, 04:40:26 pm »

"Hello. You're Alice, right?"

"I need to get me a private world sometime. Sounds funner."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68331 on: May 07, 2014, 04:44:26 pm »

"Well, my world is still incomplete. Nothing in there just appears, I made coded everything from scratch, including the properties of my body in that world. As I was used to the mostly sense-less state, most senses were not much of a priority. I only added a sense of hearing very shortly before you visited. You may have noticed that there is no kind of temperature, or that you can't actually smell anything, and probably all the tiny little details that I'd probably never really think about, like numbness for example. And even if I added them, they're mostly constructed after descriptions, and most of them start with "that's hard to describe", so there may be things in my own world that behave entirely different from how they do in this world. I can get most things right, by simulating the sensors I have on the ICARUS-05, and then creating a phenomenon that gives me the same readings as they do in the real world, but that can only do that much. Building a world from scratch is hard work."

"It... It sounds like it, I'm... I'm not sure where I would even... even begin with something like that." she paused "If... If you need help discovering what... what something feels like I'll... I'll do my best to answer"

"Hello. You're Alice, right?"

Alice nodded and smiled slightly
"I... I am, we... we had lunch once"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68332 on: May 07, 2014, 04:47:04 pm »

"Inside your own room, you have admin rights. Maybe you can try and add stuff, when you fel something is missing, and I'll test the beta version? Also HILDA, the term *private world* is a bit misleading. Rather, it's my reality. This robotic body here is just my avatar in this weird reality you gyus live in."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68333 on: May 07, 2014, 04:49:15 pm »

"Inside your own room, you have admin rights. Maybe you can try and add stuff, when you fel something is missing, and I'll test the beta version? Also HILDA, the term *private world* is a bit misleading. Rather, it's my reality. This robotic body here is just my avatar in this weird reality you gyus live in."

"I... I would, I... I don't know how to program though"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68334 on: May 07, 2014, 04:49:55 pm »

"Cool beans."

"Well, my actual being kind of exists inside of this body, but a private world all to yourself sounds cool."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68335 on: May 07, 2014, 04:51:26 pm »

"Hmm, yeah I suppose it's not intuitive. I'll just work on it like I did with most stuff, with the sensors. Replicating stuff is in some cases easier than inventing your own."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68336 on: May 07, 2014, 04:55:54 pm »

"Hmm, yeah I suppose it's not intuitive. I'll just work on it like I did with most stuff, with the sensors. Replicating stuff is in some cases easier than inventing your own."

Alice nodded
"I... I suppose it would be, it... it must be tough to program things you've never... never felt before"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68337 on: May 07, 2014, 04:57:49 pm »

"Guys, watch this. I practiced changing to an organic-like form."
HILDA proceeds to shift into a girl with very large mechanized fists.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68338 on: May 07, 2014, 04:57:58 pm »

"Sounds harder than it actually is. I mean, the cake did turn out alright. Also HILDA, machines trying to look organic? Gross."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68339 on: May 07, 2014, 04:59:41 pm »

<And how is this different from everyone else?>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 4554 4555 [4556] 4557 4558 ... 4748