Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!  (Read 135004 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIII: Robot Mafia - Cargo Bay, First Day
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2013, 06:31:48 pm »

@ Darvi:
Imp, are you scared of my biting snarkasm or do you just think you're no match for my wit and charm?

Haven't decided yet.  Are those your only scary/overwhelming traits?

Whether you be scum or town, thank the gods and the mods that you be active and might stay so.

Get some sleep then, you've done your first post duty by us.  No promise I won't call you on lurking or anything else at some point, but you've got a good 20 hours before I'll start thinking my hopes in your activity are misplaced.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2013, 07:10:12 pm »

@Mods, can we get a post count and last post for everyone in the game? Thanks.
The automated tool that does this is broken and I don't have time to fix it. However, everyone has posted at least once in the past 24 hours except Deathsword, who has been prodded.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2013, 07:20:28 pm »

@Mods, can we get a post count and last post for everyone in the game? Thanks.
The automated tool that does this is broken and I don't have time to fix it.
I knew it!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2013, 08:03:24 pm »

{I apologize for my absence, I got a research job at the university where I study. Still, not an excuse not to post. I'll re-read today and tomorrow morning (which means from 12 to 14 hours from this post) as it is fairly late now. I guess I should note, if someone else hasn't already, that weekends do not count in regards to game-time.}
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2013, 08:32:57 pm »

{I got a research job at the university where I study.}

(Congratulations!  Such things are near and dear to my heart too.  Give it all the focus it needs, and get back to us when it won't hurt you.  Very glad to hear you're coming back.)

I'm still open to supporting extension requests.  I misdoubt that we as a whole will be done talking/ready to get on with the hanging (if that's what we do... I've got a respectful nod/suspicious stare to those of us arguing for a no lynch today) in barely more than 2 days time.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2013, 09:59:33 pm »

@Rolepgeek:

I had stopped it, as of post #69.  You reopened it with post #102 and included it as one of two reasons why I earned your vote.

When I challenge someone's behavior, I want to see their response.  You say 'stop it' when I respond to you.

Rephrasing to simplify my still unanswered question to you:

You wrote, directed at me, "Yeah, you're asking questions, and yeah, they're related to the game, but they don't actually help anyone."

Do you perceive all of my questions to be of the active-lurking sort?

So I'm gonna answer in a short way first. The answer is no. Not all of them.

The long answer is yes. The overwhelming majority, and almost everything past the first post, is active-lurking. You aren't scum-hunting, you're commenting on other people's behaviour(but mostly their semantics and nuances of speech, etc., rather than actual scummy activity), asking for clarifications occasionally, made fun of Kleril for a bit... really, it's just frustrating, because I can tell you're intelligent. You're just not focusing on the right parts.
And internet will shut off soon, so I need to cut this post short, though there may be a follow up.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2013, 10:19:49 pm »

@Luke, Even though this is a conversation, Could you go through Imp's posts and pick out the spots where she(he?) is doing what you say, and Explain why.

I don't think she is, But then again, I received the brunt of her questioning.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2013, 10:20:12 pm »

Your*

@Mods, Are we allowed to edit?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2013, 10:21:31 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Never edit your posts.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2013, 11:02:58 pm »

{I got a research job at the university where I study.}

(Congratulations!  Such things are near and dear to my heart too.  Give it all the focus it needs, and get back to us when it won't hurt you.  Very glad to hear you're coming back.)
*sneak sneak*
{When stuff like these happen-mostly along the line of IRL importance to any player, it is always best to Extend the day to allow fair participation of everyone. Because universal law of sportsmanship and all.

Also I'm really happy at the newbies a-erm, right. Don't edit your posts and I'll be heading back to the peanut galley now sorry. :X}

@Mods, Are we allowed to edit?
You are allowed to double post-something where the 'modify' button functions in on other threads. In the Mafia board-you do not edit.

You can only edit by posting again.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2013, 01:50:24 am »

IC's: Isn't an OMGUS the following?

Player X votes player Y with some evidence, player Y votes for Player X with little to no evidence? or...? Cause i'd like to understand it before i go throwing it around again.
Durrr..

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2013, 03:10:08 am »

Oh My God You suck is basically what you said, Voting someone in retaliation of them voting you.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2013, 04:07:53 am »

I know but i meant the following OMGUS

Squill votes for lukey with decent evidence or atleast something
Lukey votes for Squill with nothing.

Not an Omgus against me, cause there is none... so far... or i've must've missed it.
Durrr..

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2013, 09:57:20 am »

Unovte
Extend

I'll be responding or commenting to things as I go through them, even if they may have been adressed. If I miss anything, please point them out to me.

@Imp - I'm not quoting that behemoth. I'm sorry, but I'm not.
{You can trim out the parts you find are not needed for your response, like what I did to your own post. If it still gets too large, you may want to put it in a spoiler.}

@Superblackcat: This is not a game of self preservation. If you lynch a scum, great. If you lynch a townie, who voting for who can give a lot of information.
{This is correct. No-lynching is only truly desirable in a MYLO (myslynch and lose) situation. Lynching someone, even a townie, give information. If it was scum, you can analyze their posts known they were scum. Same thing for town.}

@Deathsword:
What do you think about how this current game is playing out?
I like what has been going on, so far, in terms of discussion. It's often rare to get walls of text in a BM.

@Lukeinator & Superblackcat

Why didn't you both vote yet?
Haven't gotten to it yet.

Squill
i am mainly going you because no one else has voted for you.
Woah. Lukeinator, that is one scum move. Voting someone for a trivial reason as that (because no one voted squill). You should be asking questions, analyzing posts, trying to find scum. Instead you are acting like a (really, really lazy) one. Also OMGUS, but it'd be scum even if it wasn't an OMGUS.

Superblackcat: {There is no better way to pressure than with a vote. If you think they are suspicious you should be voting}.

Imp: What are you suspicions, besides rolepgeek (who, if I got it right, you are voting)?

Kleril and MrZero: Could you give us reads (as in, what do you think of them and their behaviour) on three other players?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

kleril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm the guy who sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2013, 11:17:57 am »

@Kleril:
What did you think when you read the answer?

But if you only now understand how votecount works - but not before today - then every time you saw a votecount before today you read it backwards, right?

Weren't you upset when you believed that the mod just summarily added you to the bandwagon that you had challenged me about joining, and made it look like I wasn't on that bandwagon at all?  Did you feel any guilt or shame or anything that Deathsword's vote against you had somehow turned into your vote against him?  Any anger or confusion that your vote against me had turned into my vote against you?  Why didn't you say anything - everyone's votes must have looked totally messed up to you!  You weren't even surprised that nobody else seemed to notice or care?
In regards to your post, I just thought you had missed the accusation post, or misunderstood the function of red text.

Every time I passed by one of the mod posts, I would raise an eyebrow, but not much came of it until you all started giving me hell for it. I would look at it, get confused, and then have to look back at older posts, but my brain never made the connection and had it stick.

That sounds bad.  Do you really think that in the future only Scum will vote for me?  Should we use that as a way to find them?  Do you mean that you think the person still voting for me is Scum?  I feel like you're protecting me as best you can.  Why do you think I should be protected - and who do you think your words are protecting me from?
I'm taking a heavy gamble with this faith in you. At least for my own purposes it will help me think through the actions and motivations of at least one player. You are my mental anchor at this point, and all my thoughts on who's town and who's scum are built off the foundation that at least one person is town, them being you. I think this may help the rest of the town as well, as your trustworthiness is being backed up by whatever trust I have built up in others' minds. This means that a couple things may happen. You may be even more of a mafia target, considering you are one of the largest town contributors at this point, but on the other hand, your voice never being silenced would raise suspicion. Either way, if you survive, and you are in fact town, your contributions will pull us through this game. If you die, however, your death confirms your town-ness, and brings complete legitimacy to all your concerns. On the flip side of this faith comes the issue of my being wrong: If you are scum, and the rest of the town shares my viewpoint, we're done. Good game, handshakes all around.

kleril, what did you do to get removed from the votecount and why aren't you, you know, not on the part of the votecount that isn't saying "not voting"? When you unvote somebody, it means that you have lost at least enough suspicion against them to not warrant a vote. It does not mean that you have no suspicions at all. If you do, it's your job to change that by, you know, scumhunting. Your vote is your most powerful tool in doing so and you should use it liberally.
I don't quite feel the same way about placing my votes. Throwing them around too liberally makes them lose their weight and ability to be used as a pressure tool. Others may be able to pressure better using questioning along with their vote, but this is not one of my strengths. I tend to have my reasoning for a vote, while the vote is an end in itself in terms of pressure. Holding someone's survival in the game hostage in exchange for answers is a good strategy, and one that I am yet to learn how to use effectively.

Kleril and MrZero: Could you give us reads (as in, what do you think of them and their behaviour) on three other players?
Squill - He's my top town. He posts little, but does so frequently, and all of his contributions are valuable. He holds very little self interest, and serves the town well at opportune times.
Rolepgeek - He doesn't play very scummy, but I cannot stand the gut feeling I get from him.
Deathsword - I honestly do not know. He feels somewhat scummy, but I also get a bit of town sense from him. His lack of good content either way makes me wary.

@DeathSword:
Why have you spent so little time on things related to the game? Do you not feel that you need to contribute more to help progress things?

@Lukinator:
Do you have any valid justification for how you've been playing? Right now it seems like you're either an idiot who's trying very hard not to admit that you don't know what you're doing, or you're just a stumbling scum. I want to hear your reasoning. I really do, but until that happens I want your neck in a noose.
"Obsession and despair take hold as you fail to recapture a fantastic sensation that you had for a moment but is now gone."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44