Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I want to cheat now.  (Read 2844 times)

cathartic rooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I want to cheat now.
« on: September 14, 2013, 06:02:44 am »

after all the fun (in both ways) I have had being a knife fighting snakeman, I have retired. me and my only faithful (still alive) companion went back to the town that gave me so many suicidal quests at once. the losses were around average I guess, with me losing and arm and around 15 to 20 followers, but all those bandit lords are dead damn it! And what do you know, the villagers turned on my companion the moment we entered view distance.

After kill all the traitorous scum me and my friend moved into a nice recently vacated house and retired.......

Now I want to be a demon or a bronze colossus. I don't know if I should post this here or in the mod forums, but I can't figure it out and I just want to bash some guys as a giant murder machine for a while >.<
The cup is studded with megalomania and failure.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: I want to cheat now.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 02:21:38 pm »

You can't be a demon, at least in the current version. Here's a quick mod to make all the megabeasts/semi-megabeasts playable.
[ENTITY:HAX]
         [INDIV:CONTROLLABLE]
         [CREATURE:DRAGON]
         [CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE]
         [CREATURE:HYDRA]
         [CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]
         [CREATURE:CYCLOPS]
         [CREATURE:ETTIN]
         [CREATURE:GIANT]
         [CREATURE:MINOTAUR]
To use this on any future worlds you make, post this in entity_default in the raws, right below the words [OBJECT:ENTITY] like this
[OBJECT:ENTITY]
[ENTITY:HAX]
To use this on your current world, you need to put the mod in it's version of entity_default. It is found by following the path:data, save, region1 (or whatever number your world is, it's based on how many worlds you currently have) raw, objects, entity_default. (The other raws there change only things within that world I think, not sure about that.)
Some of the creatures may need changes, since they weren't designed to be played. Adding, [NO_EAT] and [CANOPENDOORS] should fix the most glaring issues (You can't eat as certain creatures because they don't have hands to pick up food, and not being able to open doors makes getting quests harder, and you can't get in certain dungeons.
To change them, find their entry under raw and add those lines, unless they already have them. I hope this doesn't break your game, should work though.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 07:58:16 pm »

This probably should have gone to the mod forum, but whatever.

You might be able to play as a demon, if you do the same thing as said above but make the creature [CREATURE:DEMON_1] or 2 or 3 or 52, depending on how many demon types you have in your world (check the worldgen parameters). Of course, you won't know what kind of demon you'll become, but that makes it more fun. Again, that might work; it's just a guess.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

cathartic rooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 01:55:09 am »

hm... it doesn't work, but thanks for giving it a try. back to the drawing board on that one I guess. I suppose I could try and find someway to immortalize a standard dwarf or human. if all else fails I can try in the moding forums, which is apparently the right place for this.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 02:40:04 am »

okay if you want to immortalize a dwarf you need to heal said dwarf from death it self.
as in use dfhack to cure all wounds.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 02:45:06 pm »

hm... it doesn't work, but thanks for giving it a try. back to the drawing board on that one I guess. I suppose I could try and find someway to immortalize a standard dwarf or human. if all else fails I can try in the moding forums, which is apparently the right place for this.
What didn't work, my mod or Loam's idea?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 04:39:16 pm »

You can't be a demon, at least in the current version.

What gives you that idea?
Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:DEMONS_INDIV]
         [INDIV:CONTROLLABLE]
         [CREATURE:DEMON_1]
         [CREATURE:DEMON_2]
         [CREATURE:DEMON_3]
         [CREATURE:DEMON_4]
         [CREATURE:DEMON_5]
         [CREATURE:DEMON_6]
         [CREATURE:DEMON_7]
         [CREATURE:DEMON_8]

cathartic rooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 12:09:06 pm »

[/quote]
What didn't work, my mod or Loam's idea?
[/quote]

Yours didn't work at first, I had to delete it and re-place it for some reason, it took me a bit. thanks for the help. also, yay! Demons!