Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Save the Date: Bay12 Edition  (Read 7517 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Save the Date: Bay12 Edition
« on: October 29, 2013, 11:00:28 am »

I was playing Save the Date for a while earlier. I've been through it around 50 times and gotten pretty much every ending. It's not a cheerful game, but it does get philosophical at times.

So. Here it is: A forum version of the same. It's a suggestion game, where you try to go through a date without disaster occurring.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Option Tree Index
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 11:01:06 am »

-: You call Alice to set up plans. [1] [2] [3]
-A: ?
-B: ?
-C: You head downtown and spot a taco stand across the street from South of the Border. [1][2]
--A: You enter the restaurant and need to decide where to sit. [1][2]
---A: You choose to sit by a window with view of the park and need to decide what to eat. [1][2]
----A: ?
----B: ?
----C: You consider other ways to step outside your comfort zone. [1]
-----A: ?
-----B: ?
-----C: Alice gets offended and moves to the back before being crushed by a giant can of beans. DEATH. [1]
------A: ?
------B: ?
----D: Alice is surprised but demonstrates a remarkable lack of allergy to peanut butter. You order something, then hear a crash. [1]
-----A: ?
-----B: ?
-----C: Alice gets killed after a remarkably idiotic remark on your part (seriously, never tempt fate) drives a knife through her eye. DEATH. [1]
------A: [1]
------B: ?
---B: ?
---C: ?
--B: ?
-D: Alice decides that tacos sound good. [1]
--A: ?
--B: Alice and you get hit by a car while crossing the street. Alice dies; you get horribly injured. DEATH. [1]
---A: [1]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:06:24 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Try Index
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 11:01:51 am »

1-DBA
2-CAADCA
3-CAACC
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:06:39 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 11:02:30 am »

You call Alice.

"Hello? Oh, it's you! You're calling about dinner tonight, aren't you? I'm not sure where we were planning to go...I don't remember if we decided. Where would you like to go?"

>A: "How about burgers at McDonalds?"
>B: "I could go for some Chinese food. They have this nice place down by the bay, Pearl Dragon or something."
>C: "Taco night? You can't go wrong with tacos."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:05:11 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Save the Date: Bay12 Edition
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 11:19:46 am »

Oh man. Alice. We better get this right!

B
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 03:40:24 pm »

This is too strange, I literally downloaded this game yesterday, I'm scared...

Any way C, I've always wanted to try tacos.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 03:42:27 pm »

>D, "where do you wnat to go?"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 04:20:13 pm »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 04:20:24 pm »

Enter Urist. Always choosing what cannot be chosen. Doing what cannot be undone. Seeing what has never been sought. Plotting the death of the plot.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 05:34:56 pm »

Enter Urist. Always choosing what cannot be chosen. Doing what cannot be undone. Seeing what has never been sought. Plotting the death of the plot.
Indeed. For once in my life, and perhaps that of Bay12, I intended to have a suggestion game with sharply limited options.

That said, if I don't see a consensus for A-C before I get a chance to update (either in the next ~30 minutes or not for a ~4 hours), I'd be willing to fit in a D.
Don't expect this to be made for all turns, incidentally. A major component of Save the Date's game(re)play is learning facts that make new choices make sense for the player to do.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
D
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 06:59:08 pm »

"Where do you want to go?"
"Hm...that's a good question. Tacos sound good?"

-----

You head downtown.
"So...we could just go to South of the Border across the street, or we could head to that taco stand across the street. I don't think I've ever had a taco from there before. We could eat in the park or something."

>A: "Nah, I feel like eating indoors tonight."
>B: "Eating outdoors sounds good. Besides, I haven't eaten there before either."
Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 07:10:48 pm »

B, stay away from sources of gas and electricity.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 07:11:09 pm »

Played through twice, like how new options appeared, thank you for mentioning this game. Option B

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DB
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »

"Eating outdoors sounds good. Besides, I haven't eaten there before, either."
"Great! Sounds like a plan."

You walk across the street. Unfortunately, a car barrels through the crosswalk, striking both of you.

You manage to pull through, and while you'll be in the hospital for a few weeks, you should make a full recovery. Unfortunately, part of why your injuries were comparatively minor was that Alice's body absorbed much of the force of the blow. She didn't make it to the hospital.

>A: Mourn.
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 07:47:08 pm »

>B: Contemplate GM Plot Ninja.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5