Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58211 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 3)
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2013, 01:57:59 am »

"It is presumably a fog of pure evil, placed here to impede our heroic progress! This cannot be allowed!"

Proceed through the fog in a defensive position, waving walking stick menacingly at any real or imaginary enemies.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2013, 08:46:50 am »

((Yeah I couldn't get on all day yesterday either. Also what gave Raynen that +3 to agility? His stats or his boosters?))

"Ah pish off yer' pensies! Ish jush a witty bitty fogs!"
Joe exclaims loudly and drunkenly while trotting boldly into the fog, leading the group through the first enemy of their adventure together: Lowered Visibility.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2013, 09:46:45 am »

Draw sword, move cautiously into the fog. Advance, but keep in range of the rest of the bulk of the party.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2013, 10:57:20 am »

"I notice we're just throwing caution to the wind. Allrighty then"

Follow the group, staying near the back.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 4) Into the mist.
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2013, 12:00:40 pm »

"Hm. Really should make some upgrades to my vision soon, might have helped with this fog. Although if it's at all magical based, I suppose it wouldn't really matter anyway…

Anyway, I'm fine with waiting a bit longer if someone thinks they have a good way to scout ahead. Else let's just get this over with."

Prepare to wait/move out depending on the group decision.
"I'd try and ask a favor from my god, but alas, It's not really his time of day. You want to try that spell again, young magicker? Take yer time, I've got no rush for going in there"
"Ah-um, yyou saw that? Oh..erm, ok! I'll..I'll just try to fix it this time."

With heat, moisture is affected. Perhaps a gout of flame would work. However it may affect my metabolism..or current life energy. Hrm, this would need an energy source, so..I guess taking a bit out of myself would be a good idea here.

Send a gout of flame at the fore of our party!
Also if possible, go ahead and create a sphere of light--reminiscent of those fairies in Legend of Zelda!
:3

"Does anyone know the weather around here? A fog in this kind of climate seems kinda out of place. No clouds ahead and all that."
"It is presumably a fog of pure evil, placed here to impede our heroic progress! This cannot be allowed!"

Proceed through the fog in a defensive position, waving walking stick menacingly at any real or imaginary enemies.
((Yeah I couldn't get on all day yesterday either. Also what gave Raynen that +3 to agility? His stats or his boosters?))

"Ah pish off yer' pensies! Ish jush a witty bitty fogs!"
Joe exclaims loudly and drunkenly while trotting boldly into the fog, leading the group through the first enemy of their adventure together: Lowered Visibility.

Draw sword, move cautiously into the fog. Advance, but keep in range of the rest of the bulk of the party.
"I notice we're just throwing caution to the wind. Allrighty then"

Follow the group, staying near the back.
((due to teammates walking in front of Akari, and I know Tiruin is busy IRL so probably hasn't had the time to notice, I'm not going to have her actually send out that burst of flame she asked for.))
Akari will: 3+1
? ?:? ?
Pantagruel per: ? ?
Renard per: ? ?
Akari carefully forms a small floating ball of light that acompanies her from behind her right shoulder, and the group as a whole advances along the road together into the fog. as you advance into the fog your vison of the path behind you fades away, consumed in in mist. shortly after the point where it becomes hard to tell which direction is forwards and which leads back to whence you came, Pantagruel notices a vague, large, dark shadow up ahead, still obscured by the mist. At roughly the same time, Renard hears a faint clicking sound, somewhere to your... right? nobody else has noticed anything though.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:52:11 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 4) Into the Mist.
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2013, 02:04:51 pm »

"Look over there, my brothers! Shadows of evil and malevolence harboring doubtlessly nefarious intent! Look, I say! LOOK!"

Wonder what the shadow reminds me of, cautiously advance toward it if it seems immobile. If that is not the case, assume defensive position to the second degree - even more defensive this time!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2013, 02:18:30 pm »

"You guys heard that too, right? It's not just me?"

Grab my kukri, but don't pull it out yet. Be as quiet as possible and try to see what made the noise.

He mumbles under his breath
"Crooked Warden, Nameless one, he who hides us in the darkness. Grant me the good fortunes to see what mortal peril I am in this time. And if you refuse to help me out here, you can go to hell, and I'll just solve this on my own."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2013, 02:43:24 pm »

"I did not hear a thing! This disturbs me!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2013, 04:47:36 pm »

"I did not hear a thing! This disturbs me!"
"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I can't see anything right now. Let's hope whatever is in this mist isn't hostile"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2013, 08:42:27 pm »

"I don't hear or see a damn thing," Merik growled, his voice carrying more in the way of bad temper than disbelief in either the priest or the fat little man. High on the very, very long list of things that Merik disliked were invisible hostile entities. Invisible, hostile, probably undead entities ranked even higher. After all, it was impossible to get the stench out o- Merik grit his teeth and cut the thought off ruthlessly. Not the time. Not even close.
   Merik turned to the fat man. The man who claimed to be a warpriest didn't strike Merik as a warpriest, too much hugging, but he looked to have a fairer chance in a fight than the larded scholar. "What do you see, little man, and where do you see it?"

Take up a position with, and slightly in front of, Pantagruel. Protect the fat man if it becomes necessary.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:45:18 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2013, 08:05:22 am »

Ready Minigun and Reflexes.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2013, 12:17:19 pm »

((By the by, I know this question was asked a couple turns ago, but I meta-vote Pantagruel as our party leader.))
---

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2013, 02:50:21 pm »

"On guard everyone. This could just be the mist playing tricks on people, but still… keep your weapons at hand."

Of course, as Raynen's weapons are pretty much always ready whenever he's not repairing them, he settled for keeping a sharp eye out in the directions the two party members had indicated.

Cautiously proceed.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2013, 02:56:32 pm »

((Due to Tiruin having major RL issues right now, I'll run the turn without her. Loading...))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2013, 03:09:05 pm »

((Due to Tiruin having major RL issues right now, I'll run the turn without her. Loading...))
((Oh shi- Don't tell me Tir got caught in that giant storm? D:))
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33