Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58201 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Try saying that IC, it'll work better.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

((Technically I don't know about what the little girl is thinking. Joe only has a strong suspicion she is a "demon child" and isn't really aware she killed the warehouse or has power over it in any way shape or form.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

((Technically I don't know about what the little girl is thinking. Joe only has a strong suspicion she is a "demon child" and isn't really aware she killed the warehouse or has power over it in any way shape or form.))
((she killed the warehouse))
((it's Raynen who rolled, in order: 1, 1, 2, 2))
((Again, it was Raynen who killed the warehouse. You all saw him extrude this big-ol chest cannon before being surrounded by a gigantic fireball and leaving the warehouse in flames. there shouldn't be any confusion about this.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((she killed the warehouse))
((it's Raynen who rolled, in order: 1, 1, 2, 2))
((Again, it was Raynen who killed the warehouse. You all saw him extrude this big-ol chest cannon before being surrounded by a gigantic fireball and leaving the warehouse in flames. there shouldn't be any confusion about this.))
((Well she acted as the catalyst that turned this into explodey-death hour. And my point still stands that Joe isn't telepathic....or IS HE? DUN DUN DUN!))

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Wait...if he doesn't know she has power...why does he think she's a demon child?
Also, plot twist! Angel accidentally caused the undead apocalypse!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

((Ah… I didn't realize GWG's character was the cause of the strange air pressure, I legitimately thought it was one of those enemy mages.

Also, good to see my luck is as consistent as ever.))

Engage the forcefield generator if it still actually works, crawl away from the fire.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Wait...if he doesn't know she has power...why does he think she's a demon child?
Also, plot twist! Angel accidentally caused the undead apocalypse!))
((I said he doesn't KNOW she has power, he can still be paranoid and suspicious.
Also, Joe is getting a tinfoil hat. I don't know how, I don't know where, but he is getting it to protect himself from all the crazy magic girls in his life.))

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Storm's Coming Turn 26) What now?
« Reply #442 on: January 24, 2014, 02:04:42 am »

Attack with own sword, and aim for the wrists; preferably anything to keep the skeleton from using its own weapons or advantages.
If preferable: Aim to knock down. Wait for his strike first.

A waiting game ensues, both of you waiting for the other to strike first.

The skeleton proves to be the less patient. It thrusts ahead, attempting to stab Akari yet again. Akari blocks the blow, forces the skeletons blade down, stomps on it, and the blade snaps off just above the hilt. she then follows up by reaching forward with her free hand, grabbing the skeleton's shield, and shoving it aside before thrusting her own blade through the opening in the skeleton's ribs from her first hit, and severing its spinal column. The skeleton collapses to the ground, and Akari is left the last one standing, with a bleeding hole in her chest, and a new shield in her hand along with her stolen sword.

Wow that... that really hurts. Yeah, adrenaline gone, pain ensuing. Leg still clawed open. Big hole in chest. Where are you anyway?

A glance around at your surroundings reveals a set of broken-into apartments. There's a slight glow coming from behind the apartments on the right-hand side of the street. You aren't sure which way is north right now, you got disoriented during the chase.

at least that weird feeling of dread has mostly faded, and so has that awful headache from earlier!

((Ah… I didn't realize GWG's character was the cause of the strange air pressure, I legitimately thought it was one of those enemy mages.

Also, good to see my luck is as consistent as ever.))

Engage the forcefield generator if it still actually works, crawl away from the fire.
You try to activate your forcefield generator, but doesn't seem to be work. You don't know if it's that the generator itself is damaged or if you simply have a loose wire somewhere, but whatever the cause, it isn't doing anything. You try to move, or even turn your head, but your body - or whatever's left of it, seems to be completely nonresponsive. You can't even turn your head away from those barrels of tar to look at your forcefield generator. All you can do is watch everything around you burn.

"GURDURNUT YER KILL DER BOOZE!"

GET OUT. LEAVE BOOZE (unfortunate, but necessary)

((Well we HAD a nice safe hideout, but then we applied child prodigy angst.
Seriously GWG, you need to stop playing those. It always ends in fire and exploding.

Wait, scratch that. ALWAYS play as those :P))
((Holy carp. I was imagining things going a bit out of control some of the time, not two consecutive terrible things entirely unlike what I was trying. This is...fun?
I'm surprised the warehouse lasted this long.))

Escape! Once I'm safe, try to stop this.
"That is quite an alarming development! Almost too alarming, in fact!"

Help anybody who wishes to escape do so - particularly Joe, the hopefully unexploded Renard and Angel, as they seem to be nearest. After that's done, focus on my own escape.
Escape together with pantagruel. at the very least, get out of here
The remainder of the party decides that it is time to go and climbs out the loose window of the burning warehouse. During their escape Henry runs up from the cellar, carrying Gail in his arms, and they climb out after the party members with the exception of Pantagruel, who helps them climb through being doing so himself. Finding themselves on the street, they can hear intermittent explosions coming from inside as the various barrels are breached by the flame, and the sounds of collapsing timber, accompanied by quiet sobs from Gail, who is being shushed by Henry. There's no sign of the skeletons from before. at least, not yet. But it would be hard to hear them over the sound of the warehouse fires.
"Does anyone have a plan or are we just running?"

There is still no sign of what happened to Raynen. The last you saw of him was when he was engulfed by the fireball that went out the side wall of the warehouse.

Angel tries to silently tell the fires to stop, but with no noticeable effect.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 26) What now?
« Reply #443 on: January 24, 2014, 03:01:04 am »

Detachedly wonder how long it'll be before life support fails. Be moderately thankful that none of the grenades on my person have blown up yet.

Yeah, it's arguably tempting fate, but I'm reasonably confident Raynen's situation can't get any worse at this point.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 24, 2014, 06:27:44 am »

-despair-
((There is still something you can do to try to help yourself.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 24, 2014, 06:39:40 am »

-despair-
((There is still something you can do to try to help yourself.))
((-MEAN- xP
But really. Go Nicholas! You're one of those I liked! D:))

..ugh, where did it hit. Please not my vital organs. nggh.
Find where I'm actually wounded and discern what type of wound--apply pressure if needed; if not, then remember anatomical knowledge and apply a sustainer-field on the wound. Medical attention is needed and I doubt I can fully heal this.

Akari staggered off towards the dark apartment, leaning on the wall. She slumps against it, being quiet to hear if anyone is nearby.
She wonders if it is feasible to transmute the skeleton into raw components for later use.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 24, 2014, 07:32:47 am »

"Werl yur wanned gedder armo, guess nower chant?"

Drunkenly usher the party around towards wherever they said the armor store was, we'll probably need it soon.

((Turn 27: Wherein a drunken hobo leads))

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 24, 2014, 09:31:28 am »

"The vagrant gunner speaks truly! To the armor store!"

To the armor store, and stay away from strangers!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 24, 2014, 09:44:27 am »

"Yeah, we're going to need it"

To the armor store, stealthy like

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 24, 2014, 10:05:51 am »

at least that weird feeling of dread has mostly faded...
((Now you only have the entirely-explicable feeling of dread from having terrible terrible wounds!))

"O-okay..."
Follow the grown-ups.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33