Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 73511 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #300 on: December 23, 2013, 11:44:59 am »

ok, if anyone wants to test some additional performance tweaks for windows xp and/or wine, please try the executable from here:

The default theme feels snappier. Switching from blue -> default is almost instantaneous. Switching from default -> blue still takes some time, but not as long a wait as before.

Unfortunately, the civilisations screen still lets me watch individual cells get painted, even if they get painted faster.  The blue theme is still completely solid, fast, and responsive.

I've also merged your changes upstream. :)

As an aside, I can verify the bug report that I can't edit the child/baby cap, nor text edit the population cap (I can use the arrow controls just fine).

~ T

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #301 on: December 23, 2013, 01:11:39 pm »

ok, if anyone wants to test some additional performance tweaks for windows xp and/or wine, please try the executable from here:

The default theme feels snappier. Switching from blue -> default is almost instantaneous. Switching from default -> blue still takes some time, but not as long a wait as before.

Unfortunately, the civilisations screen still lets me watch individual cells get painted, even if they get painted faster.  The blue theme is still completely solid, fast, and responsive.

I've also merged your changes upstream. :)

As an aside, I can verify the bug report that I can't edit the child/baby cap, nor text edit the population cap (I can use the arrow controls just fine).

~ T

alright, that's the best i can do, i'm all out of tricks for the transparency! i've applied a fix for the text editing on my branch, thanks for pointing it out again, i hadn't seen the first report.

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 23, 2013, 01:56:58 pm »

I haven't tried the new versions out since posting about the transformation/changeling problems, but before genning a new world to test things I noticed on your ticky list that you didn't mention poison-induced transformations, of which there are a couple. I recall never being able to get something to transform using nether horror poison liberally, but I don't recall whether there was a dfhack error or not. I'm not sure if you just went through the raws and replaced all the broken relevant instances automatically, or if you had to manually consider everything that might cause a transformation error, so I thought I'd ask about it first.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #303 on: December 23, 2013, 02:01:10 pm »

I have to do most everything manually. ;)

The poisons use the spatter-add plugin, but it works. I havent tested with r4, but nothing changed on the plugin, and I know they work in r3.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 23, 2013, 04:54:16 pm »

OK then, time to play again! I might be a little slow to test as I want to formulate a multistage quickfort blueprint for regular use.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 23, 2013, 07:59:22 pm »

alright, that's the best i can do, i'm all out of tricks for the transparency! i've applied a fix for the text editing on my branch, thanks for pointing it out again, i hadn't seen the first report.

I continue to completely adore you and your work! Changes merged (from splinterz/masterwork-dwarf-fortress).

Quote from: migshark
I haven't tried the new versions out since posting about the transformation/changeling problems...

For what it's worth, I know that can change reactions in existing saves and have those changes picked up, so you can start a game, and we can potentially patch issues if we find them.

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 24, 2013, 01:02:51 pm »

Huzzah! 4f is out, and it's not that big a secret that it's the unified branch.

This is awesome, because it means I can simplify a whole lot of things. In particular:

* The change history between 4e and 4f is completely tracked. So future merges and releases should be easier.
* The dfhack_r4, and nerfed_diseases branches can be retired, as these are fully merged into the official release.
* Unified and master are now the same.

Master will still continue to be all the 'stable changes', and unified will continue to be master + unstable/testing changes. But having them merged is very satisfying to me. :)

Much joy and many mole-weseals to you all!

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #307 on: December 24, 2013, 01:10:03 pm »

Dont worry, next release I will do changes again, and you have to merge and work and update and facepalm again. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 24, 2013, 01:15:05 pm »

Dont worry, next release I will do changes again, and you have to merge and work and update and facepalm again. :P

Yeah, but you'll be doing all your work in git so I can make sure my orc rebalance works with them all, right? ;) You can even ignore step 5 on the super easy super simple contributor's guide, because you're not a contributor, you're the project lead. :)

Oh goodness... project lead sounds like a noble position. Next you'll be mandating that we all make anvils or something. ;)

~ T

Sage Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 24, 2013, 01:49:16 pm »

What happened to the in-game labor manager from the unit list? "ul" used to bring it up. I can't find it in the dfhack guide.

Well, as a way of learning Git and trying to help out some, I saw this on the issue tracker and decided to tackle it. Pretty easy, the manipulator plugin isn't getting enabled in the init file. I tried doing a fork and a pull request on the small one-line addition, a little overkill for such a small issue, but wanted to try out Git for potential future use.

Let me know if I did anything wrong.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 24, 2013, 02:03:13 pm »

Well, as a way of learning Git and trying to help out some, I saw this on the issue tracker and decided to tackle it. Pretty easy, the manipulator plugin isn't getting enabled in the init file. I tried doing a fork and a pull request on the small one-line addition, a little overkill for such a small issue, but wanted to try out Git for potential future use.

You have no idea how much I adore you right now. Not only does that look like a fine patch, but it also references the issue in the commit, which is perfect! Thank you so much.

And no, it's absolutely not overkill. Small, well-formed commits make a change manager's life very, very happy. :)

Thank you again!

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 25, 2013, 12:42:01 am »

For those playing along in the dev world, I've added a few more tools. In particular, `lint-raws.pl` now shows hotkey conflicts (there's a current list here), and there's a forum-patchlog.pl which not only displays user-interesting changes since the last official release (or if you're on a side branch, since you diverged from master), but also marks them up for pasting into forum messages. As you can guess I got of writing these by hand. :)

Sample output from running on master:

And the same from my orc_rebalance branch:

~ T

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 25, 2013, 03:31:54 pm »

Being a newbie to Git, how do I merge the 4f master into my fork.

I used branches from my fork's master to make any changes, but I get merge conflicts and can't figure out how to resolve.  Trying to use the Github tool installed in on Windows, the GitShell (Powershell version), and / or the website.

Any help would be appreciated.

My next step is to just copy off my branch, delete the fork, and start over.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 25, 2013, 06:07:05 pm »

Being a newbie to Git, how do I merge the 4f master into my fork.

So, I've only used git on the cmdline, so I'm not familiar with the Windows tools. If you're getting merge conflicts, then you've probably got your upstream set correctly, but something has changed in both.  In a traditional conflict, there'll be a chunk in your file (or multiple chunks) which look like:

Code: [Select]
<<<<
changes made in one file
====
changes which conflict in a different file
>>>>

It's just a matter of editing the file to have only one copy of the changes (or manually tweaking them together to work together), and then you can just 'git add' and 'git commit' to finish up the merge.  (You can also 'git merge --abort' if you want to give up on the whole thing.)

My next step is to just copy off my branch, delete the fork, and start over.

The other thing you can do with git is ask your friendly neighbourhood change control engineer to help you.  So hold off on that delete just yet; you'll get an incoming pull request on github in a couple of minutes. :)

~ T
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39