Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Obsessions - Irons St Theatre  (Read 6440 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Obsessions - Irons St Theatre
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 09:46:06 pm »

Roger nods and grunts.
"Look hostile."
He then leaps from a stand still onto some of the collapsed structure, grabbing it by his hands and flipping onto his feet near the top, tears loose a piece of rebar, and swings down to kick one of those blobby things in the... face. He decides it must be the face. From there, he backflips, and lands gracefully behind the creature, rebar in hand like some improvised weapon.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 10:17:21 pm »

[Damnit, used the wrong character here. Don't know what I was thinking. I won't change my inventory but I'll change my description because it bugs me. His obsession is also different. If this bothers you too much I'll stick with Zechariah, but if I can I'll change.]

Spoiler: Nathan Haextov (click to show/hide)

Haextov brings up his pocket knife and moves slowly to the side, hands raised. He saw some scars on his wrists, reminding him of his darker times.
"En guarde."

Wait for the night skies to attack. Get the advantage.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 10:54:56 pm »

((Is Claudius apparently [or obviously] dead? It matters to my action.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 10:58:42 pm »

((Is Claudius apparently [or obviously] dead? It matters to my action.))
((It seems he is dead. At the very least, unconscious and severely injured. But probably dead.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 11:03:57 pm »

Rush to the ancient light, pulling a glitter paint tube out of a pocket as I go. Draw a sun, light bulbs and tubes, stars and the like on the light. Cast a spell to flood the creatures with light.

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
  • Extrapolator Extrodinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 08:18:43 am »

Jeremiah flinched when the light fell on Claudius. So much for getting paid. He beifly considered pulling a "disappearing act" on the items in Claudius' pockets, but was interrupted by the rest of the group sprinting into action. Jeremiah slips his deck out from his pocket and performs a few graceful shuffles.

Reach into the deck and pull out a club. Not a card of the suit, but a weapon.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 10:00:04 am »

(Watching.)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013, 08:29:26 pm »

Roger nods and grunts.
"Look hostile."
He then leaps from a stand still onto some of the collapsed structure, grabbing it by his hands and flipping onto his feet near the top, tears loose a piece of rebar, and swings down to kick one of those blobby things in the... face. He decides it must be the face. From there, he backflips, and lands gracefully behind the creature, rebar in hand like some improvised weapon.
(5) Roger easily pulls some rebar from the debris and swings down to kick the first blob in the face, or at least the head, that had formed in the moments he hadn't been watching the thing. (A:2,D:2) The blob of sky brings a pair of crude arms up and deflects the kick. Roger rolls to prevent injury and readies the rebar as the Night Sky pulls itself clumsily onto a new pair of legs.

(A:1,D:2) The Night Sky swings its arm out in front of it, failing to reach Roger but managing to smash one of the nearby seats.

Haextov brings up his pocket knife and moves slowly to the side, hands raised. He saw some scars on his wrists, reminding him of his darker times.
"En guarde."

Wait for the night skies to attack. Get the advantage.
The second piece of sky pulls itself onto the stage, slowly changing into a humanoid form. [NS(A:4,D:2+1),NH(A:3,D:5)] It swings its arm clumsily and Nathan dodges seeing an opportunity to counterattack. The sky's half-formed fist glances him on the right shoulder, hitting him with a fraction of the strike's force and sending him off-balance. He rights himself and sees the Night Sky telegraph its follow-up strike.

Rush to the ancient light, pulling a glitter paint tube out of a pocket as I go. Draw a sun, light bulbs and tubes, stars and the like on the light. Cast a spell to flood the creatures with light.
Having drawn on the floodlight while the others were fighting, Oz hits the newly-decorated light with his palm. (Sig.Spell:4-1:Narrow Failure) The light flickers on and casts a bright, warm light on the front of the stage and the seats beyond. Where the light touches the pieces of the sky they turn a light, sky blue. A sound begins to emanate from the Night Skies.

Jeremiah flinched when the light fell on Claudius. So much for getting paid. He beifly considered pulling a "disappearing act" on the items in Claudius' pockets, but was interrupted by the rest of the group sprinting into action. Jeremiah slips his deck out from his pocket and performs a few graceful shuffles.

Reach into the deck and pull out a club. Not a card of the suit, but a weapon.
(Maj.Spell:6-3:Overshoot) Jeremiah fumbles the deck and there is a pair of loud cracks as he drops a pair of heavy, black clubs.

Attracted by the noise, the third Night Sky, which isn't nearly as developed as the others, (A:4,D:2) reaches out and grabs Jeremiah by the ankle and pulls it, causing him to fall over.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Just to clarify something, a 6 is a Crit. Success when you have a chance of succeeding and an Overshoot when you don't. Burn charges to increase your chance of succeeding with magic.

The next turn wont be until Monday because I'm visiting relatives.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2013, 09:05:21 pm »

Letting his feet loose, Roger leaps directly at the night sky, planting first his toes then his fingers, stabbing the piece of rebar into it's side, then using that as a horizontal pole to flip around several times, gathering force until he lets go, flying At impossible speeds through the hole in the roof, and falls rapidly down, grabbing the monster's "neck", rolling down it's back, and throwing it as his roll concludes, using his fall and roll to toss it as far as possible.

(2 or 3 spells, using 2 charge on each if possible)
The Cyan Menace

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2013, 12:11:48 am »

Draw lines indicating strength and power, lightning bolts, batteries, bolded sun rays. Cast a spell to bolster the light.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 12:20:25 am »

Engage yet again in melee combat.

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
  • Extrapolator Extrodinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2013, 09:12:59 am »

Jeremiah grabs a club, and swings it into the Night Sky holding him.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 10:57:59 pm »

((I already like the song, but comparing it to my character has made me more excited, and I have decided it is his theme song: Move, by I Fight Dragons. Also relevant, Reach For the Stars, the theme from Sonic Colors, possibly for my current action. Whether this has any impact later on, we'll see))
The Cyan Menace

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2013, 11:13:19 pm »

Letting his feet loose, Roger leaps directly at the night sky, planting first his toes then his fingers, stabbing the piece of rebar into it's side, then using that as a horizontal pole to flip around several times, gathering force until he lets go, flying At impossible speeds through the hole in the roof, and falls rapidly down, grabbing the monster's "neck", rolling down it's back, and throwing it as his roll concludes, using his fall and roll to toss it as far as possible.

(2 or 3 spells, using 2 charge on each if possible)
(A:3,D:2) You stab the rebar into the Sky's side. Its body reforms around it, holding the rebar in place as you use it to gather momentum. (Sig.Spell:6+2) You release your grip and feel an unseen force carry you quickly through the air. Unexpectedly, you hit something when you should have been carried through the hole in the roof. You can still feel the momentum dropping as you climb and the rush of the night air on your face, but you can clearly see that you are pressed against the night sky. The brightest star in the sky slowly begins to move and makes its way until it is directly in front of your face.

Your senses immediately return as your momentum returns to your body, throwing you down towards the first Night Sky. You see a shadowy figure on the edge of sight falling with you. (Sig.Spell:6+2)(A:5+2:D:3) You grab and roll perfectly, throwing the Sky without any regard for how heavy it may be. You see the the shadowy figure from before ride the Sky through a row of seats and kick off of it just before it hits the wall. You also sense a sudden burst of movement emanating from all around you. You swear you can hear running moving away from you and see small clouds of dust coming off the old seats and carpets.

(A:3,D:1) The Night Sky picks turns into a blob and moves at you at a startling pace. As it reaches you it reforms into its humanoid shape and aims a punch at your torso. You roll backwards but only manage to lessen the force of the punch. It's getting faster.

Draw lines indicating strength and power, lightning bolts, batteries, bolded sun rays. Cast a spell to bolster the light.
(Min.Spell:5) The floodlight grows hotter and brighter as you draw, eventually becoming too hot to touch without burning yourself. (A:6,D:[2,3,6])* The Sky fighting roger turns to face the light, turning a bright orange colour wherever the light touches it and reflecting the circle of light on what appears to be its face. It stops moving. The Sky fighting Nathan seems to ignore the light but still turns orange. The third one is untouched by the light.

Your sense of smell tells you that Claudius's body has also been effected by the floodlight. More specifically, the floodlight's heat.

Engage yet again in melee combat.
(A:5,D:4) You slash repeatedly at the man-shaped blob of night but this one also seems to be getting faster and manages to dodge your attacks with fluid, boneless movements.

(A:2,D:6[Counter-A:6,D:4]) As expected, the piece of Sky swings its other fist around for another punch but this time you are prepared. You stab the knife into the blob's fist as you step backwards, using the force of the punch to split the Sky's left fist in two.

Jeremiah grabs a club, and swings it into the Night Sky holding him.
(A:2,D:1) You grab the club on your right and bring it down heavily between your legs creating a small, splintered crater. Unfortunately, the piece of Sky recoiled and you only managed to graze its head. You pull yourself up and brace the club on your shoulder, ready for a second chance.

(A:2,D:6[Counter-A:3,D:6]) The piece of Sky turns its back on you, making a break for stage-right. You try to strike the fleeing thing but your cumbersome weapon only manages to make another, larger, splintered crater in the stage.

What appeared to be a hole in the roof now droops into the theatre, clingling to the hole like the last drop from a tap. A sound, similar to the sound the pieces of Sky are making, can be heard coming from it.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

*Half damage due to its indirect and nature. Its constant though.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2013, 01:47:58 am »

Draw on Claudius' body, signs of separation and motion to remove him from the light. A river, a pack of hoses, a rocket car. pull him free, but keep him away from the darkness. Draw crosses and snakes on poles, and other signs of healing, to preserve his life, if he has any left in him.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6