Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 76

Author Topic: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Chapter VI]  (Read 144215 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Begin Chapter VI]
« Reply #975 on: September 10, 2015, 12:42:04 am »

Rune

The auburn-haired girl shakes her head slowly, seemingly not believing you. "But even if I can't control it, I can still control myself." She continues to walk forward, apparently not afraid of your golems. One of the boys, a blond-haired one, urges her back.

"Jan, come on, come with us!" he pleads.

Yet again, Jan ignores him. "I feel like I've seen this dream before. I've seen these same statues. And I swear that I saw someone like you, too," she says, addresses you specifically. You're confused as to what she means by this, considering that you've never heard or spotted anyone else in these tunnels. Only you and your golems have occupied these caverns - at least, to your knowledge.

She continues to push onward with a slow stride.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 10, 2015, 02:22:23 am »

((Bzuh. Sorry. If you could just... Give me a gentle push in the right direction? I am, as a player, basically lost right now, heh.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 10, 2015, 02:33:27 am »

((Bzuh. Sorry. If you could just... Give me a gentle push in the right direction? I am, as a player, basically lost right now, heh.))
No worries. Here's where you last left off. You were talking to the girl who you knocked into previously (and whose painting you inadvertently ruined) and explained your story to her, to which she (reluctantly) offered some help. It is currently the middle of the day.

Going even farther back than that, last night you were involved in a strange situation - almost a nightmare in appearance. You were stuck in the city without anyone nearby, except for a strange man who told you to run. You found your way to the library and entered a strange limbo where a woman introduced herself and explained a little bit of what was happening. After, you woke up in the library, with nobody showing any hint of experiencing what you saw.

Also, as soon as I get the last half of the turns caught up in the Compendium, hopefully there should be even more information that you could access there :D.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 10, 2015, 10:56:04 am »

"Well done, you're improving. I'm going to go to the town and see about that sword. I'll be back later."
Time to locate Deon, and keep my eyes open on the way in case I pass where I need to go on my way - no point in wasting time.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 10, 2015, 04:16:09 pm »

"Hmm. 'Jan', you interest me. I would like to have a conversation with you about some of the more intricate things of the world. But you must swear to keep this a secret from everyone, or the boogeymen will get you. Do you agree?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 12, 2015, 05:53:25 pm »

If the river is within earshot, go back to the river, then drink from the river and eat some of my stored food. If I cannot hear the river, drink from my waterskin and eat some of my stored food, then try to remember which direction the river is.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 13, 2015, 03:05:07 am »

Eh Ah

Well, take the woman back to Aecrocia. She seems touched in some fashion, perhaps a useful subject for further study. Not like standing around here is much better for her.

Warren Drake

"Not a drinker?" Warren wonders. "Have you actually had a drink before?"

"Well, in any case, some food would be much appreciated."

Ask. Possibly receive food. How buzzed am I at the moment, by the by? If not particularly, take one last sip.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 14, 2015, 04:02:20 am »

[...]

INTRODUCTION AND SOME THINGS
[...]
By now, I assume that most of you should have a general idea about what this world sorta looks like and what kind of people are in it. Even if you haven't interacted with many people yet, I hope that there's some understanding of what is going on. If you need me to clarify something, please do ask me. Also, consult the Compendium in the next few days. I will be adding some changes to fill it out with some definitions and summaries of turns.

So, if you do have a general understanding, then good. Because, due to the scale of this game, I am going to introduce time dilation and contraction. [...]
Thank you for reading and have a wonderful week,
Artemis.
Love your attitude buddy c:
That's the spirit a good GM has, in order to finish his game, and match a better life. \o/
((Although I have a general idea about the world, I still have my own idea about it that's probably a lot more silly, and/or very different :P I still love it.))
((Ah, lovely. Don't worry, take your time.
Oh, and what post are your referring to? I don't think I've posted in the Curses forum... though, if I did, that must've been quite some time ago.
And now I'm reminded of a forum for a quite nice game that's been dead for about three years or so. Was a shame, too, considering the game was really good considering what it was.
Anyways...))
((Your name is enshrined for posterity in one of the 'game guides'. In a peaceful game play style :3 I like that.))

[edit for stuff later!]

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 20, 2015, 04:27:34 am »

Beep, boop! This is a reminder to post turns for those who haven't done so. I'll be putting up the turn either tomorrow or the day after in any case, so please post your turns quickly so that I may write up the rest of the turn. I hope that this week is turning out well for all of you.
Best wishes for all of you and hope that you find the next turn pleasing,
Artemis.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 22, 2015, 02:57:42 am »

TURN FIFTY-TWO: MIDDAY SOJOURNERS

Alrighty. Now that I've gotten that massive workload from the weekend out of the way, I am able to focus more on updating this RtD more frequently. The max will still be 2 weeks, but if there are less players posting, I might be able to update a turn once every 4 days to 2 weeks, depending on how the future days look for me and how many people post quickly. Hopefully, this will strike a good balance between giving people more chances to post and not burning myself out. Also, the reason there's a four-day-minimum is to give some people time to post longer responses if they wish. However, if you guys/girls would like that to be different, please let me know.
Thanks.

((Also, I still haven't finished what I need to work on with the Compendium, but it'll come, it'll be here soonTM.))

Alex would stare over in curiosity. He would get down low and watch the creature. He felt burning interest towards the brutal beast. It was what he strives to be. A manifestation of death, vengeance for losing what they once had. "What a brutal creature. I like it."
Alex Raman
It is interesting that someone of your caliber would be attracted to the brutality of a creature like the one you are currently witnessing. One would think that, with your power, someone would be willing to work as an archetypal superhero - someone who protects the innocent against the evil. Apparently, this was not the exact figure you had in mind. Revenge, however, might still fall under the umbrella of the hero type, though. I'm not completely sure how many people killed turns you from a hero to a villain, though. We will have to see shortly.

Feeling no particular love for the Theyin guard, you simply take cover behind a fence and watch the creature do its work. This turns out to be a wonderful arrangement for you, as you don't have to risk your life trying to exact your revenge. Perhaps, while it is distracted, you will be able to either run or move closer, depending on your will. Now then, let's turn our attention back to the action. The beast, with a strange liquid - perhaps blood - dripping out from its chest, raises one of its limbs, presumably to strike at the guard. You watch with a pinch of excitement as the monster attempts to kill the guard. In a turn of fate, the other guard fires a quick burst at the monster, with three of four bullets hitting it. This time, the monster decides that the bullets are too much to ignore. It flinches back off of the struggling guard, screams with a sharp pitch, and begins to charge at the other guard instead. The first guard takes this opportunity to scramble back for his gun. Fearing for his partner's life, he shouts, "Run, Jackson, run! Move!" The other guard - the one named Jackson - catches the hint and takes off in a sprint, ducking around the corner of a building. The monster pursues, continuing to leave heavy amounts of what you presume to be blood behind it. It definitely is wounded somehow, but it doesn't seem to mind that too much. However, due to the injuries, it seems to be moving slower than it was before.

You notice that the other guard is hesitating. He can't decide whether to ditch his partner and save his own life or risk himself and potentially be killed. A second later, he decides that perhaps his partner is worth the trouble, and he runs after the monster. He seemingly resists the urge to fire at the monster, presumably wanting to avoid collateral injury. He moves around the same corner that the two other entities whirled around. You see no one else in the street, though you can still hear voices around the city and an alarm blaring off. People seem to be staying in their homes still, but you can definitely see lamps and lights being turned on as curiosity possesses the townspeople.

You are still suffering from dizziness and lack of energy, but you seem to be recovering at an extremely slow pace. You don't think that you'll be able to use your powers very well, if at all.

"Hmm. 'Jan', you interest me. I would like to have a conversation with you about some of the more intricate things of the world. But you must swear to keep this a secret from everyone, or the boogeymen will get you. Do you agree?"
Rune
"Jan" has a peculiar understanding of her surroundings, one that would suggest she is more perceptive than the average human being. Perhaps she may be of use to you. She could enlighten you on some of the recent events or the stirring of your power - if, indeed, she has that knowledge. However, for all you know, she might just be a common girl who just so happened to see through your ruse. That doesn't stop you from attempting to see if she has any abilities or potential that could be advantageous to you.

The other two boys have already left, intimidated by the soul-wrenching, impassive stares from the golems. Your protectors seemed to have done their job well in intimidating the young ones. Hopefully, they will have the same effect on militia or even trained soldiers. If not, their fists and legs should be able to convince them otherwise. Jan looks up to you and remains silent for a moment. She looks around her, noticing that the other two boys already escaped. Returning her gaze to you, she says, "Well, I don't believe in boogeymen. But if it's a secret you want, then I shall keep it." It interests you that she does not mention that this is still a dream to her, but you continue to play along. She has promised her secrecy now.

Thankfully, nobody seems to have been alerted yet to your presence down here. At the very least, you'll be able to converse with Jan for a short while before you're at risk of being spotted by someone, armed or otherwise.

"Well done, you're improving. I'm going to go to the town and see about that sword. I'll be back later."
Time to locate Deon, and keep my eyes open on the way in case I pass where I need to go on my way - no point in wasting time.
Lirian
Cromwell seems to be somewhat satisfied, giving a small smile. "Alright then. Let me know what you find. Take care." With that out of the way, Cromwell returns to the interior of the Kito Complex, while you head out to the town in search of a quality blade that you could use to aid in your future struggles. It would be prudent to first seek Deon out, who probably knows where you could find a blade better than you could, you being an outsider and all.

It takes you about ten to fifteen minutes, but you do find Deon. He's sitting at a table outside of a restaurant in the center of the town, eating a small lunch. You approach him and greet him, asking how his day has gone so far. His eyes brighten up as he sees you approaching. "Oh, hey! How's your stay been at the Kito residence? Has Allen taken care of the two of you?" You continue to chat with him for a little while longer before asking him if he knows about a weapons store in the town, preferably with some swords. "Uh, well, don't really know why you would need a sword. But if you do, I know where to find it. Ms. Ulrich lives on the other side of town. She owns a store with a bunch of different hand weapons and guns, though I've heard that she charges a sizable amount. Just let me finish my lunch and I'll take you there."

After allowing him to finish eating his meal, you walk with him to the east end of town. It's past a few streets and corners, but you are able to remember the path to the store that he describes. You also take note of other places around the town, such as eateries, government buildings, and other stores which might be useful in the future.

Soon enough, you enter the store that Deon pointed you to. Deon waves you goodbye for the moment and you walk up to the counter, looking around at the rifles, shotguns, and knives racked up on the wall. A disinterested-looking woman notices you and places her hands on the other side of the counter. "Welcome to the Armata. How can I help you?"

If the river is within earshot, go back to the river, then drink from the river and eat some of my stored food. If I cannot hear the river, drink from my waterskin and eat some of my stored food, then try to remember which direction the river is.
Jonathan Eridis
As best as you can with your wounds, you pick yourself up and start off in the direction where you think the river is. You can hear the very faint running of water in the distance. You might as well head in that direction, seeing as there's no other indication as to where the river could be, and the events of yesterday have left you very disoriented. It pains you to walk, but walk you must, lest you keel over and die on the ground before you. The images of that slimy creature and the bony, animated structure still linger in the back of your mind, like a faint foggy imprint on a window.

Mother Nature has decided to be kinder to you today. The environment is fresh and inviting. The air smells of rain, the soil below you softens and morphs below your feet, and birds fly overhead, hopping between trees. There could never have been a more verdant day than today for you. You continue trekking through the forest, getting closer and closer to the source of the sound of running water. Finally, you come across exactly what you were looking for. The same river that you were at before runs before you, continuing to snake down the forest and closer to the horizon. Plants and flowers of all types spread along the river bank, taking in the abundant moisture and proudly displaying green, magenta, and yellow colors.

If yesterday did not happen, you would have sworn that nature bestowed a gift upon you. You decide to dip your feet in the cold water, letting it run over you and relax you. To the side, you collect water in your hands and drink the fresh water. It's as refreshing and cool as it looks and feels. Deciding to bask in this moment, you take some dry food from your bag and nibble away at it.
After about twenty minutes of this, you retreat from the river and take up a spot near a particularly large tree, curling up in the space in the tree trunk's shape. You feel much better now, now having gotten time to rest and replenish yourself. You'll still need to figure out a way to get something to bandage your wounds properly, but for now, you feel just about good enough to continue walking for a little while longer. The help of the stream's direction will give you a boost to your traveling efficiency. Overall, things are looking up from where you were last time.

((Head's up: Time dilation will take effect next turn for you, due to your remoteness and your relative health. So plan your turn for about an hour or two of in-game actions.))

Eh Ah

Well, take the woman back to Aecrocia. She seems touched in some fashion, perhaps a useful subject for further study. Not like standing around here is much better for her.

Eh Ah
Indeed, you are correct. There's no use in leaving the woman behind here in her trance. At the very least, you might be able to bring her to the Empress or another involved figure to understand what she's experiencing. Though her appearance was somewhat unexpected, you've found at least something that you could report back to the Empress. Perhaps this will go some way to figuring out where you are to go now, and how you would go about rebuilding your life - if that's even possible at this stage.

You decide to take the same path back that you took coming here. There's no point in complicating your route if you're just looking to get back to Aecrocia. You experience no troubles along your path and urge the woman along as she stumbles in her half-asleep state of mind. After about a half an hour of walking, you make it back to the city. Nothing much seems to have changed since you left. Theyin soldiers still walk among civilians, though with less frequency than before. Reconstruction is still taking place for the buildings and the roads that were shelled. A tension is still in the air between some of the soldiers and younger population, but overall, the atmosphere seems to have stabilized. This is the best you could have hoped to come out of the situation, for the moment. There is still a lot to be done and many questions to be asked.

It would seem odd to most people that you are guiding around a comatose woman, so you decide to take some of the back alleys near the bay. This was the same area that you took refuge in originally when the invasion of the island began. Deciding to take a little rest, you let go of the woman's hand and sit against the wall.
You're currently about three hundred meters from the government complex, where Seira Theyin has taken up her limited office. As expected, the woman with you continues to stare into a brick wall, focusing on nothing in particular.

Warren Drake

"Not a drinker?" Warren wonders. "Have you actually had a drink before?"

"Well, in any case, some food would be much appreciated."

Ask. Possibly receive food. How buzzed am I at the moment, by the by? If not particularly, take one last sip.
Warren Drake
You are not very surprised by her rejection of your offer. After all, due to her relative distance from civilization, she might not have access to drinks or have a real preference for that sort of enjoyment. Attempting to establish conversation, you ask her if she has ever had a drink. "No," she responds, "Water and juice sustain me. Well, whenever I can get juice that is. Most of the time, I just eat the fruits directly." This would make sense, considering she is in the middle of the forest and seemingly living off of the earth. In fact, if you didn't know any better, you'd say that she was literally born out of the earth. That would certainly make for an interesting story of genesis.

With that out of the way, you reply to her offer of food positively. "Right then! I'll be back quickly." You nod and watch her disappear into her shelter. About a minute later, she returns with a bowl full of apple pears, chestnuts, and leeks. "Full" is a more relative term here, as she doesn't seem to have that much food. The bowl is only about as large as your head, so there's not too much in the way of food for the both of you. However, before you can respond, she adds a bit of information. "Most of it's fresh. I was planning on saving it, but you're welcome to take as much as you want. I don't need to eat much on my own."

You don't feel like you're particularly inebriated at the moment. Sure, you're feeling the beginnings of the buzz, but it's not too bad right now. You could afford another sip. You remove the cap from the bottle and once again take another drink, downing the rough liquid quickly before replacing the cap.

Author's Note: So, yes. I'm going to try and be quicker with the turns and have them be a liiiiiiiiitttle shorter to speed it up a bit. I won't compromise anything important, however. You can be sure of that.

Thank you everyone and have a wonderful week,
Artemis.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Chapter VI]
« Reply #985 on: September 23, 2015, 10:42:56 am »

"Hmm. I feel surprisingly compelled to be totally transparent with you, Jan. Strange. Well, I might as well get started then.
You're not dreaming.

Yes, you heard me right, although it seems you might have already had an inkling in your mind of the truth. Well, you're not dreaming, so you can guess what this means. These stone warriors you see before you are real, and they can move. However, Jan, you are to tell no one of this. No one at all. You see, as a species, us humans have basic instincts. One of those instincts is that if anything is strange and is moving, that we should kill it. If you return to your village and report of a giant army of clay soldiers, the humans might think of me as a threat and will surely attempt to destroy the army you see before you. Of course, with simple swords and maces, you can understand that they won't get far. My golems would have to defend themselves, and your village's militia would be hopelessly destroyed. That is why you must retain this secret to yourself.

Now with that unpleasant matter out of the way, I would like to ask you a question. When you say you've seen someone like me before... what exactly did you mean? No other *cough* still *cough* living being has seen these statues before, and I have been living in isolation for.... I can't really remember. It's hard to keep track of time in a cave. But if you've dreamed a dream about this before, and due to the fact you're not dreaming now, this is very intriguing. So, can you remember any more details about your.... dream?
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 24, 2015, 02:30:00 pm »

Beep, boop! This is a reminder to post turns for those who haven't done so. I'll be putting up the turn either tomorrow or the day after in any case, so please post your turns quickly so that I may write up the rest of the turn. I hope that this week is turning out well for all of you.
Best wishes for all of you and hope that you find the next turn pleasing,
Artemis.
((Meep, I disappeared due to heavy anxiety! Sorry for no reminder to edit my last post x_x))

Eleri curled up by the fire, putting in mind what she'd do before sleep--extinguishing it and preparing. Her thoughts ran along, pondering on the creature, her basic needs, his basic needs, the road ahead, and the many pontifications in between, like how long this house was abandoned, or what species of the grass was all around the house, given its lower-than-waist height? Or if the word 'species' was the right thought?

She sighed and raised her palm to the fire, feeling the heat wash over her fingers and her wrist, sighing contentedly that she is able to feel all this. She breathed in deep, adding a thoughtful gratefulness into her stream of ideas, being thankful for all these sensations, and how much she grew since her first memoirs.

Eleri glanced outside--something easy to do considering the state of the walls of the house--and caught the light of the skies. She wondered how it would be to fly one day, or at least to be free. How were the other residents of this land faring? Surely there'd be construction workers to build such a majestic, albeit currently decrepit house. Surely there's a lot more outside her awareness that was happening, all in the flicker of the fire light.

Eleri took another breath, and exhaled, watching the fire sway along. She was grateful for the little things. . .and wondered if sleep was something she could actually take, considering all the danger and peculiarity she had witnessed in the previous days.

She could not get the idea of the 'black goo' out of the periphery of her thoughts.

But she resigns to her sense of security--feeling that everything is currently alright, and that she had done all she could.
All she had to wait for was time, right now. (also check on Flynn). Probably till the morning.

[Edit: Mixed up names :x]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:27:07 pm by Tiruin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 24, 2015, 03:53:59 pm »

"I'm looking for a long blade, with the intent to use it, not put it on a wall or walk in a parade with the thing. No ornamentation. If you have it, then a hand-and-a-half sword would be preferable, but I'm open to alternatives."

((Hand-and-a-half sword is an alternate name for a bastard sword. It's bigger than a longsword but smaller than a two-hander. They're pretty rare. They have an unusually large handgrip and are balanced for either one handed or two handed use, though using them one handed requires you to be pretty strong. They have a straight blade and a sharp tip. only one side is sharpened on them normally. Lirian intends to use it as a smaller version of a two-hander. It's the preferred blade type of Maryne, and Lirian has practice with them, though Lirian normally uses a shortsword to partner with her throwing daggers. Against a large creature though, the extra size and length will really matter.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 25, 2015, 02:33:20 am »

"Hmm. I feel surprisingly compelled to be totally transparent with you, Jan. Strange. Well, I might as well get started then.
You're not dreaming.

Yes, you heard me right, although it seems you might have already had an inkling in your mind of the truth. Well, you're not dreaming, so you can guess what this means. These stone warriors you see before you are real, and they can move. However, Jan, you are to tell no one of this. No one at all. You see, as a species, us humans have basic instincts. One of those instincts is that if anything is strange and is moving, that we should kill it. If you return to your village and report of a giant army of clay soldiers, the humans might think of me as a threat and will surely attempt to destroy the army you see before you. Of course, with simple swords and maces, you can understand that they won't get far. My golems would have to defend themselves, and your village's militia would be hopelessly destroyed. That is why you must retain this secret to yourself.

Now with that unpleasant matter out of the way, I would like to ask you a question. When you say you've seen someone like me before... what exactly did you mean? No other *cough* still *cough* living being has seen these statues before, and I have been living in isolation for.... I can't really remember. It's hard to keep track of time in a cave. But if you've dreamed a dream about this before, and due to the fact you're not dreaming now, this is very intriguing. So, can you remember any more details about your.... dream?
"
Rune
You would've liked to see at least some emotion on her face from your new revelation. However, she remains rather still, continuing to look around at your golems with an inquisitive gaze. You can't tell if she's actually affected by actual mushrooms or not, but she still seems to be taking the information in slowly. Perhaps that is the best for her sanity. After you explain your situation to the girl, you ask her if she may keep that a secret, for the safety of her community. She looks back to you and responds, "I understand. This is so strange, though. It still feels like a dream, especially with the sounds coming from the tunnel. Are you making those sounds?"

Glossing over her question for now, you continue to ask her questions pertinent to her knowledge. First, you ask her what she means when she says that she's seen you and the golems in a dream.
"I don't know how to explain it well," she replies with honest conviction. "My dreams - I don't know whether they were nightmares or dreams, really - included a series of visions. People I never knew or met, and places I've never been. Usually, my dreams and nightmares are about things or places that I've come across. But not these recent ones. They've been troublesome. I saw your golems and you standing right here, in these tunnels. But.. but the tunnel was glowing bright, and I could hear music coming off the walls. And there were some other visions, too, but I can't recall them right now. It's just... just your appearance that seems so familiar. I don't know if I can explain it all."
Well, you're starting to get at least something out of her.

"I'm looking for a long blade, with the intent to use it, not put it on a wall or walk in a parade with the thing. No ornamentation. If you have it, then a hand-and-a-half sword would be preferable, but I'm open to alternatives."

((Hand-and-a-half sword is an alternate name for a bastard sword. It's bigger than a longsword but smaller than a two-hander. They're pretty rare. They have an unusually large handgrip and are balanced for either one handed or two handed use, though using them one handed requires you to be pretty strong. They have a straight blade and a sharp tip. only one side is sharpened on them normally. Lirian intends to use it as a smaller version of a two-hander. It's the preferred blade type of Maryne, and Lirian has practice with them, though Lirian normally uses a shortsword to partner with her throwing daggers. Against a large creature though, the extra size and length will really matter.))
Lirian
The salesclerk perks up at hearing your interest in swords. "Oh, really?" she asks. "Quite unusual to see someone other than a merchant or soldier come in and ask for a sword. Most people around here like to take knives or guns or bows for protection, or for huntin'. Follow me; I keep the melee collection in the back."

You follow her accordingly through the one door on the right side, behind the counter. In the next room, you find several rows of weapons: Swords, axes, pickaxes, hoes, bows, spears, staffs, and hammers. "As you can see, I keep a variety of things in stock," she mentions as you examine the wares. "Soldiers, monks, farmers - they all come through here, and more often than you'd think." As she talks on, you circle around the room, looking for a sword that would fit your style. After about twenty seconds more, you find just what you're looking for: a steel hand-and-a-half blade with a black handle, simple in nature and professional to the core. Its sheath is similarly matte black, with a simple repeating design imprinted on it in a slightly lighter shade of black. Overall, it is just about the best that you could have asked for from a small town like this. It is also relatively well-balanced in your hands, though you think you'll have some difficulty using it with one hand - unless, of course, you plan to strengthen your arms.

You ask the salesclerk how much the weapon would cost. "Found what you're looking for? Let me see." You give her the sword. She examines it for a bit before remembering her pricing on the item. "Ah, yes. This'll be 473 kita." You flinch at that price: Exorbitant when compared to what you have right now. The coins Dimikaelo left for you appear to equal 130 kita. You're going to have to either haggle the price with her or ask Kito to loan some money to help pay for the sword. If not, then you'll have to choose another sword for your missions.

((Meep, I disappeared due to heavy anxiety! Sorry for no reminder to edit my last post x_x))
No worries. I hope you're feeling better now. Anxiety is... a strange thing, to say the least.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 25, 2015, 02:49:21 am »

Warren Drake

"The bounty of nature," Warren comments as he looks at the food. "Do you hunt much? Or are you a strictly foraging kind of girl?"

"Anyway, I just started drinking today, too. It's not helping much yet, but I have faith."

Have a proper swig of booze, then dig into the food.

Eh Ah

Taking a moment to catch his breath, Eh Ah then resumes his walk, taking the woman along.

To the Empress' office, woman in tow. Perhaps the visage of somebody significant will stimulate the insensible individual.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:08:27 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 76