Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 76

Author Topic: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Chapter VI]  (Read 144175 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Chapter VI]
« Reply #1035 on: December 16, 2015, 03:02:05 pm »

Cautiously make my way over to the captain, expecting anything and everything. If he makes any kind of mood to attack or arrest me, swiftly run back to my golems and have them come to life, forming a wall of soldiers inbetween me and them. If they make no attempt to attack or arrest me, then simply go with what they do, and try to remain close to the captain. I wish to initiate conversation with him...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:05:37 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 16, 2015, 06:35:37 pm »

"Yes, the Professor of Paradox. And you are?"

I stare at her impatiently. I'd rather not talk.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 17, 2015, 09:35:12 am »

Good evening/morning/afternoon,

I've been a little under the weather recently, which is why I haven't posted an update yet. My brain was scrambled like sunny-side-up eggs and I had no mental energy to spare. However, I am starting to feel much better now.

Please post your turns if you can and I'll get to writing the update. Thanks everyone and have a good day!

Artemis
((Emotional Support: I appreciate your writing skills and your way of coping with things when under pressure or fatigue. Please go at your own pace, because we are all OK with these things! Thank you for the constant notifications; we hope you are alright there!

That said, I like how you portray my character--on the flipside from what I write :) That's nice resonance.))

Eleri felt like lead. As literal as the idea hit her, she felt fatigued all around, from arms to legs, along with the feeling of having strapped weights to her chest--she just realized lately that her, thinking, managed to steal away all that focus into getting her going, than paying all that focus into her woes and bodily pains. Her thoughts were still on a roll, and she wouldn't deny them rightful passage into examining and assessing her surroundings. She was just a walk away from the town, though approaching at nightfall may give suspicion (especially given her self-consciousness about her form). She decided to transfer the decision to Flynn, realizing that without him, she wouldn't be having this adventure of her life time, and with that in mind wouldn't even be feeling so free in thought and in body...despite all the fatigue such adventures entail.

While the growing reminder of a nice bed nudged her, she managed to smile. It was weeks since she slept on a comfy surface, and enticing as it was, she felt as if her body was getting used to a more rugged environment, and her thoughts drifted to how stories of adventurers and travelers honed their skills and toned their body to meet the outlook of a worldly sage. It was inspiring.

She broke off from her train of thought, feeling her tail with her hand, roping it around her before releasing it. "Flynn, are you up for walking the way there? I think nightfall may be best, though the choice is yours in the end. I can easily, probably, hide in the forest and support you as close as I can towards the village--there may be guards or watchmen, I'm unsure. It's been a long time since I've socialized with...practically anyone, and I may just be remembering how things are in my place. We can spend the night and early morning resting someplace cozy here, though: If we approach tomorrow by dawn, I may have trouble with attention considering my...figure, and all that. Are you ready to meet other people?"

Decide openly. Coordinate with buddy Flynn!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 21, 2015, 05:32:36 am »

TURN FIFTY-NINE: PLAN FOR FUTURE TIDINGS

So, this would normally be about the point where i would say that the next chapter is coming up. However, I've decided that this isn't really a good point, in my personal opinion, to end the chapter. There's still a few things that need to happen. So, for the time being, I'm content with letting the turns go on. The next chapter can wait.
Also, I'm thinking that, for the next intermission, which should be very soon now, I'm going to do a check-up post to show everyone where the inactive-player characters are right now, what they are doing, what they have seen, and how the rest of the world is progressing. Like I assured so long ago, even the ones who have dormant players still interact with the world. I just want a chance to show that to you.

This turn will be short because there's some dialogue going on and I'd prefer not to try and "automate" your responses. I'll be replying with more dialogue within the next day, so it should not be a major concern.

"I can only speak for myself, but I have no reason to decline your offer, so long as you understand that if your military turns against anyone left of my home I will turn against them. As for what I want, I want help to go home and rescue anyone left, and help finding my sisters."
Lirian
Artemis chuckles and crosses his arms, saying, "Wonderful. Well, I suppose that - wait. You are talking about your home. Are you, perhaps, from any of the Visteré islands? Visteré? Atis? Telenos?" He drops his playful expression and instead takes on a more serious tone. "Part of the objective of my forces is to ensure the security of the Visteré islands. We already know that the Theyin Empire has invaded that sector and has inflicted quite the damage on the region. You have my word and my honor that nobody from the Jaunatne Coalition's forces will even attempt to harm anyone on any of the Visterés." He looks down for a moment before speaking once again. "Well, if you are from one of the Visterés, maybe you could assist us in even more ways than I thought possible. And, in return, we can aid your home and the surrounding islands, as is one of our main wishes for the area. I am curious about your request for assistance in finding your sisters, however. Where do you believe your sisters are, and how did they become lost?"

((Apologies for not replying sooner with dialogue. This week was my finals week, and I had no time to really do anything. I'll try to be more punctual now.
Also, yes, the Visteré islands do include Atis, as well as the surrounding islands of Visteré Mit, Telenos, Ossis, and a few minor islands.))

Cautiously make my way over to the captain, expecting anything and everything. If he makes any kind of mood to attack or arrest me, swiftly run back to my golems and have them come to life, forming a wall of soldiers inbetween me and them. If they make no attempt to attack or arrest me, then simply go with what they do, and try to remain close to the captain. I wish to initiate conversation with him...
Rune
You're a little bit apprehensive about this. Considering what the invasion forces did to the island, you're not exactly comfortable hanging around the soldiers. However, it's not like you have much choice in the issue. You could attack them with the golems, but that would entirely blow the cover of your operation and possibly jeopardize everything you've worked for so far. You could try escaping in the tunnels and seeing if you could lose them, but surely they would still be able to find you, given enough time. At least with the diplomatic option, you will have time to figure out what you have to work with and how you could resolve this without hinting at your paranormal operations down in the crust of the earth.

You walk forward with the leader of the team and ask him if he is going to arrest you. He gives you a slight smile and shakes his head, saying, "As long as you comply, we have no reason to do so. Just stay out of this area. If you live on this island, we'd ask you to stay around your village or town." Seeing as you have no real reason to object yet, you decide to go along with them. Seeing as they have been on the surface for a while, they'll know more about recent events than you would.

((Now's the time for dialogue, if you wish. Or, you could continue the action and I will simply address where they take you next.))

"Yes, the Professor of Paradox. And you are?"

I stare at her impatiently. I'd rather not talk.
Cat Schrodinger
She begins to talk before cutting herself off. "The... Professor of Paradox," she remarks. "Right. Well, my name is Teresa Walters. My associates and I are doing some reports on this island's University. In particular, I am talking about a few of its most prominent members in history. With the unfortunate and untimely death of Sir Leo Anders the Second, I wanted to see if I could collect some information on his personal life. Would you, perhaps, happen to know anything about this man and his activity within the University?" As she talks, one of her aforementioned associated retrieves a tan folder from his satchel and hands it to Teresa. She promptly flips it open, skips to a blank page, and produces a pen from her pocket.

((Once again, this section is mostly going to be reliant on your dialogue [or lack thereof], so it's pretty short for that reason.))

((Emotional Support: I appreciate your writing skills and your way of coping with things when under pressure or fatigue. Please go at your own pace, because we are all OK with these things! Thank you for the constant notifications; we hope you are alright there!

That said, I like how you portray my character--on the flipside from what I write :) That's nice resonance.))

Eleri felt like lead. As literal as the idea hit her, she felt fatigued all around, from arms to legs, along with the feeling of having strapped weights to her chest--she just realized lately that her, thinking, managed to steal away all that focus into getting her going, than paying all that focus into her woes and bodily pains. Her thoughts were still on a roll, and she wouldn't deny them rightful passage into examining and assessing her surroundings. She was just a walk away from the town, though approaching at nightfall may give suspicion (especially given her self-consciousness about her form). She decided to transfer the decision to Flynn, realizing that without him, she wouldn't be having this adventure of her life time, and with that in mind wouldn't even be feeling so free in thought and in body...despite all the fatigue such adventures entail.

While the growing reminder of a nice bed nudged her, she managed to smile. It was weeks since she slept on a comfy surface, and enticing as it was, she felt as if her body was getting used to a more rugged environment, and her thoughts drifted to how stories of adventurers and travelers honed their skills and toned their body to meet the outlook of a worldly sage. It was inspiring.

She broke off from her train of thought, feeling her tail with her hand, roping it around her before releasing it. "Flynn, are you up for walking the way there? I think nightfall may be best, though the choice is yours in the end. I can easily, probably, hide in the forest and support you as close as I can towards the village--there may be guards or watchmen, I'm unsure. It's been a long time since I've socialized with...practically anyone, and I may just be remembering how things are in my place. We can spend the night and early morning resting someplace cozy here, though: If we approach tomorrow by dawn, I may have trouble with attention considering my...figure, and all that. Are you ready to meet other people?"

Decide openly. Coordinate with buddy Flynn!
((Thanks, though with all of my work for the semester done, I can start putting out updates MUCH quicker.))
Eleri
Flynn leans forward from his position in the grass as he seemingly stares down at the houses below. You know that he probably can't see the individual houses, but he most likely has a general sense of his location. "So, if we're where I think we are," he begins with a musing tone, "then the Preston family home shouldn't be all that far down. It's actually a little farther from the rest of the village - a little.. disconnected. They know me well there and will be able to treat me, like I said. It's just, well..." He sighs and looks down. "Okay, so... there aren't any guards or watchmen or anything like that. Nobody official. But there's often animals that come prowling around at night, trying to look for food n' stuff. And since the village has some farm animals, a lot of the townspeople prefer to keep guns around. Including Theodore Preston, who's the head of the Preston household. He's a little paranoid sometimes. I don't think it'd be good for you to come very close. I think, if we get down there by night, you'd at least be able to go to the woodline outside the perimeter of the house before I'd have to go on my own. From there, I can walk just fine."

He thinks for a few seconds before piping up once again. "The Prestons are great. They'll take care of me just fine. I'm just a little worried about where you'll stay. I mean, it'd be really rude of me not to help you out at least a bit. But I'm not sure if you're planning to leave as soon as I'm taken care of, or if you want to stay around a while, or something." He sighs wistfully. "Still, there's the problem of.. well, y'know.. you being extraordinary and all. I don't think the Prestons would like it very much, even if I tried to persuade them to let you stay around." He runs a hand through his hair as he tries to figure out a plan. "If... if the Prestons haven't done any renovations recently, there's a tool shed near the back of their property which you might be able to stay in. But that'd be neither comfortable nor really safe. I don't know how often Theodore checks the toolshed, and if he found you, he'd probably, well... shoot you for trespassing?" He laughs nervously before groaning in frustration. "None of the houses around here are really vacant, and nobody here would be all too hospitable to you, I'd think. They wouldn't give me the chance to let them understand." He exhales slowly. Turning to you, he smiles and says, "I don't have an idea. I'm really sorry. We could try to find somewhere higher in the mountains for you to stay, but I'm... not really confident in how that would turn out."

Author's Note: This ended up shorter than I thought it would be, mostly due to the fact that dialogue still remained prevalent and there wasn't much to explain that hasn't already been explained - at least, in terms of detail or sensory descriptions. But that's alright - great, in fact! Dialogue is very useful for progression, in my opinion. Plus, it's less restricted by concrete turns and allows me to set a smoother flow.

I probably should've said this much earlier, but whatever. Whether or not you've already celebrated your holiday, I wish you some very HAPPY HOLIDAYS no matter where you are. I hope the season treats you well, and that you're all doing fantastic right now.
Thanks so much and I hope you enjoy the coming updates,
Artemis

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 21, 2015, 07:28:47 am »

"No, though I took sanctuary there for a while. My home was a village in the city-state of Erlith's shadow of influence. I left there by, improvised boat, and have had a hard time finding my way back."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 21, 2015, 02:52:46 pm »

"Captain, I might as well get to the point so please do not panic. Everything you heard is true. The golems are alive and I am their master. Now before you decide to slaughter me and tear them apart, I beg you hear me out. I've no intent to go on any kind of homicidal rampage with these golems and for now, only wish to live in peace. However, that may change if there is any kind of hostility shown from your men. I desire only good relations, however, so please, let us be good friends rather than dangerous enemies."

((INB4 I somehow accidentally end up working for these people as some kind of mercenary. Shit, what path have I chosen for myself...))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 22, 2015, 04:29:26 am »

"No, though I took sanctuary there for a while. My home was a village in the city-state of Erlith's shadow of influence. I left there by, improvised boat, and have had a hard time finding my way back."
Lirian
"Erlith, Erlith," Artemis mutters. "I can't say that I recall such a city. Regardless, you mention that you at least took sanctuary in the Visterés. Even that will be useful for what I am planning on." He exhales softly before speaking again. "In any case, once you assist me in this venture, I will help you in returning to your home or in finding your sisters - whichever takes priority for you. Or, perhaps, both at the same time. Though, if your home is anywhere in the deeper parts of the Theyin Empire's control, returning you may be difficult to achieve. As you might be able to tell, I am far from a friend of the Theyin Empire," he says with a grin.

"Now, we come to another problem," he begins, a hint of annoyance present in his voice. "I cannot stay here long. In fact, I was only able to afford so much time in staying here to converse with you and find out what you and your friend know. I will be leaving very soon to begin this.. operation that I spoke about - perhaps as early as the morning, or as late as tomorrow night. Considering that I have many things to decide on still, I can't afford to double back or even send someone to retrieve you and your friend. Unfortunately, this means that you'll either have to come with me now, or meet me in the morning at a predetermined location. If you choose the former, I'll be able to accommodate you with my own transportation. If you wish to wait until the morning, you'll have to find your own transportation or figure out how you will walk to the location. What I have in mind is quite far from here on foot, so I'd recommend the former, if you have the time for it. That is up to you, of course."

"Captain, I might as well get to the point so please do not panic. Everything you heard is true. The golems are alive and I am their master. Now before you decide to slaughter me and tear them apart, I beg you hear me out. I've no intent to go on any kind of homicidal rampage with these golems and for now, only wish to live in peace. However, that may change if there is any kind of hostility shown from your men. I desire only good relations, however, so please, let us be good friends rather than dangerous enemies."

((INB4 I somehow accidentally end up working for these people as some kind of mercenary. Shit, what path have I chosen for myself...))
Rune
The five of you emerge from the tunnel. The four of them form a loose "diamond" around you, with each of the soldiers about five meters apart or so. You follow behind who you assume is the Captain. Each of the three soldiers around and behind you continue to keep security in their three respective directions. With the guidance of the soldiers, you start walking to what you assume must be either the north or the east - you can't really tell truthfully, due to the sun's central position in the sky and the forest around you. At this point, you begin another plea with the soldiers. This time, surprisingly, you decide to go for a diplomatic position and honestly tell them what you really do, and that you wish for peace.

The "Captain" continues to walk while listening to you. At the end of your plea, he glances at you before stating, "Even if any of that was remotely true, we're not here to threaten you or your 'golems.' We arrived in response to some concerns about your activity down in these tunnels with these.. 'golems.' Regardless of that fact, this area is under the control of the Theyin Empire's forces, so we'll have to ask you to stay away from here, as I said before. If you have any personal belongings that are of importance to you, we may retrieve them. Any structures or immovable objects will be considered under the jurisdiction of Imperial forces on the island."
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 04:32:00 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 22, 2015, 09:53:01 am »

"Alright, um...let's go through this by steps." Eleri supported Flynn as they slowly made their way down to the village. "First off: What do you think is their first impression of a human with fox ears and a tail? Second: How good are your convincing or persuasive skills? Or...are they the more impulsive sorts? Next: Please define extraordinary.

"I'll be alright after this. Please don't worry about me. I have a...place to stay. It's just away back there."

Eleri felt an all too familiar tingle down her spine as her thoughts drifted to how she actually got to this island, to how she left her previous city, and to how she was treated in the face of weaponry...It was not a memory she liked at all.

"I'm happy that you have good people looking out for you," she added, just now getting back on track--though she did wonder why the Prestons were not mentioned earlier. She looked around as she approached and spotted an outlying tree; she made a mental note that that would be the line she'd not cross, based on Flynn's response.

Response!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 22, 2015, 02:09:09 pm »

"Heh, If the Theyins managed to take it, that would be good enough for me, at least it'd under human control. If it's still as it was when I left, It'll take a military to hold it for any length of time. Don't misunderstand, this is not a small thing I'm asking of you."

"as for transport, I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Again, I only speak for myself. I make no promises for my friend. You need to speak with him. And you should do it without my interference. His capabilities and sources are completely separate from mine, and he's more capable than he seems at first glance... But If you want, I"ll travel with you here and now. Friends close and enemies closer after all, and you're one of those, just don't know which yet."
I need to return to the Medium soon.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:44:58 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 22, 2015, 02:24:01 pm »

"Ahh, yes. I know he was a man of secrets, and I know that he wouldn't wish for anyone to know his personal history, so I apologize, I doubt you'll find any information here. Or anywhere for that matter. Interesting, the world's greatest library knows nothing about such a great man. Hopefully This helped you be guided away from such a hopeless task, Nothing personal, but personally, I believe you'd be better off spreading your other lies than digging a rut through here."

I tap my foot impatiently for the response, and check the time on my watch
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 22, 2015, 03:16:39 pm »

"Those terms sound fair. However, I'd like to the transportation of my personal belongings myself. There are some precious items down in the cave, and even good soldiers can be tempted by the shiniest rocks. However, I must ask... where would you have me settle elsewhere? Because I am doing little harm underground, no? In fact, would it not be beneficial to the kingdom to have a group of golems underground constantly mining valuable resources who would never need sustenance nor rest? You could tax us, and we could continue to live in your borders. However, I will understand if you still wish us to move."

((Getting close to just squishing this guy, but my character still has to be deceptive c:))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 24, 2015, 02:53:41 am »

"Alright, um...let's go through this by steps." Eleri supported Flynn as they slowly made their way down to the village. "First off: What do you think is their first impression of a human with fox ears and a tail? Second: How good are your convincing or persuasive skills? Or...are they the more impulsive sorts? Next: Please define extraordinary.

"I'll be alright after this. Please don't worry about me. I have a...place to stay. It's just away back there."

Eleri felt an all too familiar tingle down her spine as her thoughts drifted to how she actually got to this island, to how she left her previous city, and to how she was treated in the face of weaponry...It was not a memory she liked at all.

"I'm happy that you have good people looking out for you," she added, just now getting back on track--though she did wonder why the Prestons were not mentioned earlier. She looked around as she approached and spotted an outlying tree; she made a mental note that that would be the line she'd not cross, based on Flynn's response.

Response!
Eleri
At first, Flynn walks along with a certain amount of instability. His footing is cautious and he continues to put most of his weight on you for help. Eventually, though, the two of you manage to settle into a pattern, speeding up your pace considerably. "Well," he begins, "I don't think they'd take it very well. At first, they'd probably think you're some teenager that is attempting to pull off some strange costume. But, if we get far enough and they realize that you're actually, y'know, part-fox, I still don't think that they would take it well enough. In the best case, they might send you back to the forests. Worst case, they shoot you or attempt to capture you. But that's really the worst case. It'd be like if the sun exploded this instant. I don't think that would happen. The Prestons are nicer than they seem, really. Just.. well, they live in a pretty insular community." He laughs apologetically and sighs.

"I'm not very good at persuading people. In fact, I'm not really good at talking in general. I mean, I am talking right now, but I'm not charismatic. I'm pretty straightforward most of the time. Social skills aren't where I excel. I can put things together and take them apart. I just can't talk very well. And, at the very least, Theodore Preston is pretty impulsive. He's dealt with a lot in the past, and has gotten used to trespassers - mostly wild animals - on his property. He knows me though, so I don't think I'll have trouble getting through to him. Talking to him about you is another story." When you ask him about what he means when he says "extraordinary," he flusters.

"Well, no, I didn't mean it in a bad way, if that's what you're thinking," he rushes to say. "I mean that you have, well, a tail and fur, which most people don't have. You're an entirely different type of person. That's not.. that's not bad, in my mind. That's just how you are. But I'm not sure that most people would, well, take you in well. I mean, I don't think anybody else on the planet has the appearance that you have. Again, not.. not a bad thing." He falls silent to allow you to reply. You tell him that you'll be fine on your own, considering that you already have your shelter on the other side of the island.

"Wait, you're going back to the other side of the island?" he asks. "Do you have anywhere to stay that's closer? If those.. those monsters attacked me at night, they could be back again. Are you sure that you'll be able to protect yourself? If you need a place to stay, I'm sure I could find something."

"Heh, If the Theyins managed to take it, that would be good enough for me, at least it'd under human control. If it's still as it was when I left, It'll take a military to hold it for any length of time. Don't misunderstand, this is not a small thing I'm asking of you."

"as for transport, I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Again, I only speak for myself. I make no promises for my friend. You need to speak with him. And you should do it without my interference. His capabilities and sources are completely separate from mine, and he's more capable than he seems at first glance... But If you want, I"ll travel with you here and now. Friends close and enemies closer after all, and you're one of those, just don't know which yet."
I need to return to the Medium soon.
Lirian
He regards you for several moments after you hint at the peculiar condition of your home. You feel as if he is trying to analyze something about you. Finally, he sighs and says, "Very well, then. Still, this sounds reasonable enough. Once again, as long as it is not under the control of my enemies, then it might indeed be possible." Before he continues, you warn him that you can only speak for yourself, as Cromwell Jackson is his own human being and might have his own goals here. Instead, you give the option of traveling now, but by yourself instead of with Jackson.

Artemis simply shakes his head and replies, "It's not possible for you to travel now and for me to consult him later. Unless you plan on going on this foray without him, either one of us would need to speak to him now. Like I said, I am rather short on time and could only spare enough for this meeting. Since you seem insistent on my meeting with him, we'll get it over with now.Is he located at the Kito estate? If not, where would he be?" He crosses his arms and waits expectantly for your answer.

"Ahh, yes. I know he was a man of secrets, and I know that he wouldn't wish for anyone to know his personal history, so I apologize, I doubt you'll find any information here. Or anywhere for that matter. Interesting, the world's greatest library knows nothing about such a great man. Hopefully This helped you be guided away from such a hopeless task, Nothing personal, but personally, I believe you'd be better off spreading your other lies than digging a rut through here."

I tap my foot impatiently for the response, and check the time on my watch
Cat Schrodinger
She appears to be thrown off by your answers. "I- um- well..." She fails to find the right words to describe her reaction to your curt statement. She sighs with frustration, saying, "Professor, I will respect your wish to withhold any relevant information, but we are not intending to spread lies. We are simply looking to find some relevant information about Anders, considering that he was quite an important person. She hands the notepad back to one of her associates before addressing you again. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Professor," she says with the least amount of enthusiasm possible. "We'll continue our search throughout the university, however. I don't believe that such an institute with such relevance to Sir Anders would contain nothing about the man's works or personal life."

The "reporter" and her retinue step through the doors of the university and continue into its interior, leaving you standing alone at the front. You check your watch, expecting at least some time to have passed as you were entertaining the unexpected guests of the university. However, it seems that only a solid ten minutes have passed since you left the office of your counselor. There's still quite some time left before you must come back.

((You could choose to "skip" the waiting time if you want, or you could continue to walk around and explore or query about some information that your character may or may not know. That's up to you.))

"Those terms sound fair. However, I'd like to the transportation of my personal belongings myself. There are some precious items down in the cave, and even good soldiers can be tempted by the shiniest rocks. However, I must ask... where would you have me settle elsewhere? Because I am doing little harm underground, no? In fact, would it not be beneficial to the kingdom to have a group of golems underground constantly mining valuable resources who would never need sustenance nor rest? You could tax us, and we could continue to live in your borders. However, I will understand if you still wish us to move."

((Getting close to just squishing this guy, but my character still has to be deceptive c:))
The "Captain" continues to walk along for several moments more, considering your pleas, before he responds. "The Theyin Empire hosts a professional military. We do not loot from personal belongings. However, we can grant you some time to retrieve some of your belongings before you move." He stops and tells the other soldiers to halt. They respond accordingly, taking up security in all four directions. The Captain lets his weapon hang by the sling and crosses his arms. He begins speaking to you, but still occasionally turns his head to watch the area behind him.

"Imperial forces have set up a temporary reallocation center in the center of Aecrocia. You may stay there for as long as it takes for joint Theyin-Aecrocian services to arrange for a new home to be built for you, if needed. If you have somewhere to stay, let us know now so that we may bring you there. I don't believe your 'golems' can do anything out of the ordinary, unless you're referring to coworkers. In any case, the Theyin Empire requires the use of these tunnels for research purposes. As such, we can't have civilians roaming in or mining these tunnels. If you have a business that would be disrupted by this, the local Aecrocian authorities can work with you to seek out a different location to develop in."

After finishing his statement, he picks his rifle up and turns around. "If you have any other questions, speak now. If not, you'll have sixty minutes to gather whatever you need or to separate the necessities from the trash. We'll help you with the rest."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 24, 2015, 11:38:25 am »

"He is. He's probably sleeping."
Am fine with going with Artemis to the Kito estate so he can talk with Cromwell. And would give them privacy for their conversation, though I'd stay in yelling range. I would take note of Artemis's rate and mode of travel.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 24, 2015, 12:31:51 pm »

((Sorry for probable D: writing! Have been tired lately...the past week.
Also, knowing how I take things, I love how you made Flynn make a very good comparison of 'worst case' :P That was nice wit there.
...My degree of comparison is broken currently x_x Due to fatigue.

Review: ...My wording is very messy. There go my literary skills.))

Eleri listened and gave Flynn a very skeptical look as he began his first sentence, before understanding how she would seem, rather than how she felt, about looking like a costume. She was offended that her body parts looked fake though!..unless he meant 'costume' as a compliment.

"That makes two of us," she interjected quietly when Flynn mentioned his socializing skills. She remembered she was told her manner of speaking may be too 'cognitive' by her mentor, in the best constructive dialogue he could. Supporting Flynn forward, she felt happy at being understood by the wounded man.
"And I...like...how your skills are. Right now I mean. You read my thoughts well. I'm very self-conscious there."

At the mention of those monsters, her thinking crashed like a derailed train, and she halted in her tracks to reflect on that while changing her plan entirely. "I didn't think about those monsters. I take my plan back, I'm going to stay around you. I know how they look...or at least what residue they leave, and I don't want you to be harmed collaterally. I don't have any clothing I can use to hide all this though, other than what I have right now so. . ."

Eleri trailed off in thought. Her clothing was made for durability, but lacked a hood or long coat for concealing or cover: Her pants were tailored especially for her figure, befitting a tail of her uniqueness.

"Is there any place I can stay in secret near this village?"

Inquire
((I somewhat remember that I saw some kind of lab earlier before getting this close to the village? I may be misplacing what I remember though!))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 28, 2015, 06:00:25 am »

((Had Christmas stuff to deal with, as well as spending some time with friends for the weekend.))

"He is. He's probably sleeping."
Am fine with going with Artemis to the Kito estate so he can talk with Cromwell. And would give them privacy for their conversation, though I'd stay in yelling range. I would take note of Artemis's rate and mode of travel.
Lirian
"Very well then," he says. "I hope he does not mind if he's disturbed during this time of night. Like I said before, I can't afford to spend so much time here." As soon as he finishes his statement, he turns to the direction of the Kito Complex and begins walking, expecting you to follow in his stride. By the way he's not attempting to look back at you, you have a feeling that he is trying to gain at least a bit of your trust.

Artemis walks the entire way with you. He takes up a pace that could be described as "fast-walking:" not so much a jog, but not a leisurely stroll, either. He continues to look around as the two of you slither through the town. He does not attempt to be particularly stealthy in his walk through town, but the two of you do take an alternate route that may garner less attention from the more nocturnal side of the town's population.

About twenty minutes after your departure from the point of contact between you and Artemis, the two of you arrive at the Kito complex. Turning his head to you as you approach the estate, Artemis remarks, "I don't want to have to wake the entire household for one person. Do you know in what room your friend might be sleeping in?" You respond hesitantly, telling him that he can be found in the eastern wing of the building, right inside the guest room. He nods and replies, "I'll wake him up then." You stay about thirty meters behind Artemis, making sure that he does not attempt to attack or otherwise threaten anyone inside the building. He jogs around to the northern side of the guest room, which has a wall almost entirely composed of a window, and knocks several times on the glass. After several moments, he repeats the gesture, not having awoken Jackson. A few seconds later, he then makes a few new gestures with his hands, apparently signaling for Jackson to go ahead and move around to the front door of the building. Cromwell seems to have understood the message. Artemis turns to you and waves for you to follow him. Once you reach the main door of the complex, Cromwell quietly opens the door and peeks outside.

"Oh. Hello, Mister, ah..." Cromwell's voice trails off as he fails to recall Artemis' name.

"Artemis Dimikaelo, earl of Petal Bay County. It's my pleasure to meet you." Artemis attempts a slight smile and bows his head to greet Cromwell.

"Nice to meet you too, Earl Dimikaelo. What can I do for you, so late at night?"

"I prefer to be called Artemis, or just Dimikaelo. Earl's just a formality," Artemis explains with a partially-tired tone. "I have something to discuss with you in private. It's a matter of importance, and I do not have much time to spend in this region. May I?"

Cromwell spares a glance toward you. You give him a single nod and point to the ground, telling him that you'll be around in case he needs help. He looks back to Artemis and says, "Sure thing. Please come inside." He opens the door to Artemis and the two of them close the door behind them. You put a little distance between you and the building - about ten to fifteen meters - to give them privacy for conversation. You listen closely for any signs of distress, but Cromwell appears to be doing fine throughout the entire chat. At several points, you believe that they fall silent, but you're not particularly worried. Artemis doesn't seem to be pursuing the creation of enemies right now. At the very least, he seems to wish for people to work with him or even under him if possible.

Fifteen minutes later, Artemis pushes the door open. "Thank you for giving me the opportunity to converse with you at this time of night, Mr. Jackson," he says back to Cromwell.

Cromwell follows him and puts his hand on the door's handle, replying, "Thanks." He turns his head to you and sighs. "I'm not going. It's too much of a risk, and, honestly, I'm not here to get involved in military activities. I... I just want to find out what's going on and get home."

Artemis stops in his path and speaks without looking at Cromwell. "You don't sound very confident, Mr. Jackson. I will remind you that we will be operating in the region of the Visterés. If that is truly your home, we could bring you there after we are done. Assuming, of course, that everything goes well. And if not, well, I can't guarantee that anyone else can bring you there. At least, not without subjugating you to the Theyin Empire." Cromwell sighs once again and looks down.

Leaning against the door, he calls out to you. "I don't know. Lirian, what do you think? Do you think it would be worth it, for the chance to get home?"

((Sorry for probable D: writing! Have been tired lately...the past week.
Also, knowing how I take things, I love how you made Flynn make a very good comparison of 'worst case' :P That was nice wit there.
...My degree of comparison is broken currently x_x Due to fatigue.

Review: ...My wording is very messy. There go my literary skills.))

Eleri listened and gave Flynn a very skeptical look as he began his first sentence, before understanding how she would seem, rather than how she felt, about looking like a costume. She was offended that her body parts looked fake though!..unless he meant 'costume' as a compliment.

"That makes two of us," she interjected quietly when Flynn mentioned his socializing skills. She remembered she was told her manner of speaking may be too 'cognitive' by her mentor, in the best constructive dialogue he could. Supporting Flynn forward, she felt happy at being understood by the wounded man.
"And I...like...how your skills are. Right now I mean. You read my thoughts well. I'm very self-conscious there."

At the mention of those monsters, her thinking crashed like a derailed train, and she halted in her tracks to reflect on that while changing her plan entirely. "I didn't think about those monsters. I take my plan back, I'm going to stay around you. I know how they look...or at least what residue they leave, and I don't want you to be harmed collaterally. I don't have any clothing I can use to hide all this though, other than what I have right now so. . ."

Eleri trailed off in thought. Her clothing was made for durability, but lacked a hood or long coat for concealing or cover: Her pants were tailored especially for her figure, befitting a tail of her uniqueness.

"Is there any place I can stay in secret near this village?"

Inquire
((I somewhat remember that I saw some kind of lab earlier before getting this close to the village? I may be misplacing what I remember though!))
((Your writing's quite nice for the purpose. I'm supposed to be catching up on all the 'fluff' stuff, at any rate.
I don't think I mentioned a lab before the village. If I'm wrong on this, let me know and I'll correct my information [and put it in the Compendium so that I remember!].))
Eleri
He laughs nervously as you compliment his social skills. Waving past that topic, he brightens up considerable when you reconsider your position on traveling back to your shelter. "At least until the morning. It didn't take too long for us to reach here when it was the both of us. It should be much easier for you to travel without my weight, and you pretty much know the path now." As he talks, he takes short pauses to steady his breathing. He's still having a little difficulty in keeping his breath, but he's attempting to manage it as best as possible.

"Now, where can you stay," he muses to himself. "Not the village itself. At least, not now. I'd need to explore a bit for that. The forests don't really have anywhere that's concealed. There's not many single structures out on the mountainsides, and I think the ones that exist are all occupied. What about.. what about the mountains themselves? That'd be a little far." He continues to think it over in his head. Finally, he comes across an idea. "The Monster's Mouth! I remember that place!" You look inquisitively at him. "When I was little, I used to come here with my friend all the time. We went to this cave not too far from here that we called the 'Monster's Mouth.' It's pretty deep, but you don't have to go too far in it. It'll provide you enough shelter until the morning, and nobody goes out that way usually. It's about, uh... maybe three hundred or four hundred meters up to the east. It blends into the shape of the mountainside, so it's pretty hard to find. If you want, I can guide you there before I get to the Prestons."
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 76