Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142721 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 1 - Trouble at Sea
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2013, 09:54:07 pm »

PFP
Looking through the day's posts, Makeinu is trying too hard to be town. He has not made a real contribution so far, even though he claims he eventually will. He says he is town and definately not a doppelganger all the time (summed up by Persus), but as a townie he should assume that he does not need to say this, since he would have nothing to hide. I'm voting for him for trying too hard to fit in.
I've to argue against this. He's blatantly trying 'too hard' to be town, by giving the basic notion of a townie. 'Hey guys, I'm town. Not a dopp (SO YOU'RE AN ALIEN), but town'.
makeinu: Any reason why you're repeating that idea that it approaches ad nauseum for those who observe? 'Tis a null tell for me due to how its worded in context..and how you 'speak' per se, but I'm really wondering why you did that.

Caz
And..really. Just plain foul? You take Max' word when I haven't even answered anything of Persus or whatever he has given?!

Meh, I suppose I should write down my thought process better. Caz no rite gud.
*Tap tap tappity tap. Fingers tap on the wooden table.*

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2013, 10:09:19 pm »

What did you think about the differences you noticed then, and how different does this game feel to you than the games you read?

I did notice the differences, but they didn't strike me as huge ones from the outside. Being in the game, there's a decided difference. I've already explained what's different, so I won't repeat it.

as a townie he should assume that he does not need to say this, since he would have nothing to hide.

I never assume there's nothing to hide, especially when being asked specifically about my allegiances to town or scum.

Caz, Persus: do you find it often the case that claims of town alignment are typically scum-tells?

Put words into my mouth more, bro. My reasoning for my vote against makeinu is that his excuses are flimsy. You think scum isn't up to exaggerating irl issues to keep suspicion off them? I see people excusing their lack of coherent posts by lack of time, tiredness, whatever. Not all of them flip town. To be honest, making an excuse is almost admitting guilt.

Yeah I think Makeinu is scummy because of his constant town-claims, but I think that lying about RL in Mafia is poor form for scum and so tend to believe it when mentioned by people as an excuse. My opinion differs in that I tend to give some leeway to people who seem like they're scum D1 because its easy to mess up, especially if your not scum and not checking your posts for errors.

Spoiler: Real life issues: (click to show/hide)

Questions get information, information gives more chance of a scumtell (or lack of one) showing up, which helps find scum. I don't really understand the What if questions much myself, but they seem to help other people. What are your thoughts on the Max, Caz, Tiruin, and me debate?

I'm having a hard time separating my thalamic, lizard-brain, emotional gut responses from the logical analysis attempts. On the one hand, the lizard-brain is all "OMGUS U GUYS!!11!", and I know part of that stems from the accusations against me. I'm also still uncertain what questions it is that I haven't answered. I know that some are not happy with the answers I've provided, but that's a different matter entirely.

On the other hand, the rational mammal-brain says Max and Caz are acting scummy. I'm not convinced of the genuineness of their replies and arguments with you and Tiruin.

But how much of any of that comes from which brain, I am not comfortable saying yet.

As for "trying too hard", I'll simply point out that three of the four "town-claims" Caz lists were in direct response to questions directed at me, if you go back and take them IN context, rather than OUT.

OOC: I have to add that I particularly like the quoting mechanism on this forum.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2013, 10:19:43 pm »

Claiming town when specifically asked is fine. Using some variant of I'm town to prove a point is generally considered okay. What's scummy is how frequent you've been claiming town, although you also are being attacked by three different people, which should count for something.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2013, 10:24:36 pm »

I don't generally make a habit of town-claiming.

More generally, you didn't answer the question:

Caz, Persus: do you find it often the case that claims of town alignment are typically scum-tells?

I'm not trying to make a deal of that, I'm genuinely curious, as I have found it not a reliable scum-tell. Newbies use it frequently, those under attack typically pull it out, and rarely have I seen scum try to use it as WIFOM. So, I'm seriously wondering how you've seen it before, as an indicator of anything,really.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2013, 10:28:23 pm »

makeinu: Any reason why you're repeating that idea that it approaches ad nauseum for those who observe? 'Tis a null tell for me due to how its worded in context..and how you 'speak' per se, but I'm really wondering why you did that.
Makeinu: :)
*points up*
(also x__x hope you're ok given a history of stroke..argh goodness.)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2013, 10:34:04 pm »

Understood.

And thanks. I'm lucky, it wasn't too bad, considering, and I'm recovering well. I'm just frustrated, at times.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 04, 2013, 10:37:35 pm »

Erm, that was a question..
...Unless I missed an answer to it.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 04, 2013, 10:38:40 pm »

Looking through the day's posts, Makeinu is trying too hard to be town. He has not made a real contribution so far, even though he claims he eventually will. He says he is town and definately not a doppelganger all the time (summed up by Persus), but as a townie he should assume that he does not need to say this, since he would have nothing to hide. I'm voting for him for trying too hard to fit in.

It's easy to come to a conclusion that's been summed up by someone else, huh? Are you going to do your own scumhunting or are you content to lynch the current favourite?

???

Spoiler: Real life issues: (click to show/hide)

Eh, okay, I'll give you a pass on the excuse, but this still doesn't solve why you find it necessary to reassure us that you're town so often. Here's hoping your health improves so you can continue to play many long mafia games with us, as well.

I'm not trying to make a deal of that, I'm genuinely curious, as I have found it not a reliable scum-tell. Newbies use it frequently, those under attack typically pull it out, and rarely have I seen scum try to use it as WIFOM. So, I'm seriously wondering how you've seen it before, as an indicator of anything,really.

Yeah, generally noob-scum are more concerned with keeping up their image than anything else. They make a superficial attempt at scumhunting while their real plan is to make themselves look so uber townie that no one would think of lynching them. I don't think it's the best tactic, but it's used pretty commonly.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 04, 2013, 10:40:01 pm »

Sorry, I took that as pointing to an answer...  ::)

Once was my own doing, the other times in defense against attacks/accusations against me. Too much? I guess so, whatever.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 04, 2013, 10:41:07 pm »

Yeah, generally noob-scum are more concerned with keeping up their image than anything else. They make a superficial attempt at scumhunting while their real plan is to make themselves look so uber townie that no one would think of lynching them. I don't think it's the best tactic, but it's used pretty commonly.

Sadly, I have to admit I'm better at playing scum than town...

I probably shouldn't admit that...

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 04, 2013, 10:42:05 pm »

Sinlessmoon, Toaster: Are you still with us?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 04, 2013, 10:42:16 pm »

???
...I should really be more direct.
Rewording: Anything to say about what I quoted there?

Sorry, I took that as pointing to an answer...  ::)

Once was my own doing, the other times in defense against attacks/accusations against me. Too much? I guess so, whatever.
So why were you using those statements? To dissuade the rest?

...Um.
-_-
Yeah you probably shouldn't. And think before posting. While I could see WIFOM, I see flailing.

PPE GAHGHGH

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 04, 2013, 10:43:25 pm »

Are you townclaiming again? I swear I'll put my vote back on you -_- I will, damnit.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2013, 10:45:16 pm »

makeinu has shown that he is not just making excuses, so, while I still suspect him, Unvote for now. We need someone to check him eventually (and hopefully soon) to see what he is. I'd consider is reason to lynch if he came up as a townie based on the fact that, while he claims town, he carefully does not claim townie.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 04, 2013, 10:49:03 pm »

And..really. Just plain foul? You take Max' word when I haven't even answered anything of Persus or whatever he has given?!

*scratches brain* Didn't you answer a post directed from Persus to Max before Max himself had a chance to answer? Or is Max making up shit?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 55