Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 85228 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #240 on: December 24, 2013, 09:11:17 am »

Redoing my character profile waaaay simpler based on others':
Spoiler: Neblime Inkydances (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:17:39 am by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 24, 2013, 09:12:56 am »

Redoing my character profile waaaay simpler based on others':
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Council Member 126-ongoing
Council secretary 126-ongoing
Mentionables:
-Firecrazy (lover, PC)
Possesions:
-The scintillating Cobra, A birchen bed
Worships:
Datan (jewels, wealth, trade)
Dislikes: Peasants who talk back, Boasting, bribery
Values: Selflessness, humility, honesty
Respects: superiors, soldiers.
[/spoiler]

Mind if i use a character sheet like yours but with my own character info?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 24, 2013, 09:16:32 am »

Spoiler: OOC Post (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:18:46 am by neblime »
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 24, 2013, 09:20:01 am »

So, here's my character sheet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:39:41 am by FireCrazy »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 24, 2013, 09:22:04 am »

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:26:45 am by neblime »

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 24, 2013, 09:27:26 am »

Name: Zargoth Snarlclasps
Full-time Soldier 129-ongoing
Mentionables:
-Domas Satdeduk (Brother,Non-PC)
-"Cain" Tongstell (Nephew,PC)
Possesions:
None
Worships:
Kidet Blazedsquash (Fortresses,War)
Dislikes: Goblins, Vampire dwarves and useless gems.
Values: Brute force over intelligence, Axes over other arms.
Respects: The council and his fellow squadmates, Not to mention anyone who worship Kidet.
EDIT: I might change it over time.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:26:13 am by Hahayeah »

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 24, 2013, 09:31:14 am »

Durr, pressed quote instead of modify.

Edit:
Right then, i think im content with my character sheet for now.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:41:20 am by FireCrazy »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2013, 10:43:50 am »

Hey just noticed Domas Satdeduk is Cain's uncle, which means you are also his Uncle, I have distant family yay, not that that counts for anything.
Just figured I should share something I spent 5-10 minutes checking.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 24, 2013, 10:47:07 am »

Decided to follow the new profile trend, for consistencies sake:

Name: Kerod Picknotch
Influence: 10/12 (?)
Mentionable: Sheriff Iden Akumrith (lover) (now dead),
Personal Possessions: Scintillating Cobra (the artifact bed), a Bedroom.
Worships:
  the dwarf deity Dasel (thunder, lightning, storms, and rain)
  the dwarf deity Ogik Eggdonkey (disease, deformity, creation, birth, and family)
  the dwarf deity Gedor (night, nightmares, and dreams)
Likes: Nobility, Gardens, White stone (preferably marble), Children (more specifically, the prospect of having his own), Birds ( Pairs of Peach-faced Love birds, male Peacocks, Swans, anything pretty or with beautiful plumage. Is a bit iffy about bird-men though, due to their vague sentience.)
Dislikes: Violence, Disputes, Goblins, Blasphemy, Danger
Values: Family Relations, Humility, Respect, Aesthetics, Etiquette and Civility
Respects: Order, Intellectuals and Scholars, Artisans (i.e, masons and craft dwarves who make high quality goods) Architects, the workers and soldiers.

I wasn't sure on what was meant by values, was I correct in guessing it meant things Kerod values (but doesn't necessarily fall under 'like')? Or did you mean values that Kerod possess (e.g, honesty)?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:32:39 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 24, 2013, 10:48:25 am »

IC
Ah Cain, Domas just told me i am your uncle too. I never knew my brother had a son.
This means you shall obey domas and me because i'm your uncle too! If i want you to join the military then you will join the military. Although while i'm in the military, You should still be a peasant. One day i shall save your child, but not while i'm untrained and this fortress unprotected.

OOC

Strange that my char is your uncle, What else is new?
EDIT: Neblime you should change the player summary adding me and domas to cain's family and cain to my family.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 10:52:19 am by Hahayeah »

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 24, 2013, 11:01:40 am »

What do you mean THIS squad, also I didn't know zargoth had become a soldier already, can you give me a list of all mentionables who are full time soldiers,

At first we had a noble squad and peasant militia.
Noble squad is not a full-time military due to the precedent of CyberTripping sitting out in the safety of the longhall basement, while full-time soldiers are bound to fight, come what may.
Peasant militia is also not full-time military because they are not full-time and they are... well... peasants.

So I proposed an improvement plan, which included:
1. a list of dwarves who in one way or another wanted to enter militia:
me, publicly volunteered.
Sakzul, I make this decision for her, since she is my follower npc(mentionable).
Zargoth, publicly volunteered during introduction
Dwarf4Explosive , wanted to become "weakest of your military"
Derpislava, who wanted to go on a suicide mission, but slept it through. Not sure about her though.

2. Proposal to create a military squad, including me, Sakzul, Zargoth, Dwarf4Explosive and possibly Derpislava(if she shows any interest, which she didn't)

3. Give us the equipment listed. Basically 4 sets of iron plate, two iron crossbows, an iron warhammer and an iron battleaxe.

4. Assign me as a squad leader or militia commander

5. Give us leave to start 24x7 training at once.

6. Suggestion for future career path for "soldiers" -> "peasant militia captains".

Hey just noticed Domas Satdeduk is Cain's uncle, which means you are also his Uncle, I have distant family yay, not sthat that counts for anything.
Just figured I should share something I spent 5-10 minutes checking.

And virtually everyone is some distant relative of Derpislava-CyberTripping clan...

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 24, 2013, 11:05:39 am »

Hey, just though of a question that I figure I should ask while I'm here. Though the rules on divines specify the gods may only talk to their prophet directly, are we allowed to pray to them? It would have to be a one-way conversation (unless the prophet acted to answer on their behalf), but surely we are allowed beg their assistance in times of stress anyway, right?  I assume these prayers would also be subject to the "send copy to the GM" rule, of course.

Alternatively, we could just ask the prophets to speak to the gods on our behalf, which would ensure the prophets have an important role, so I suppose either way works fine.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 24, 2013, 11:15:10 am »

IC
Ah Cain, Domas just told me i am your uncle too. I never knew my brother had a son.
This means you shall obey domas and me because i'm your uncle too! If i want you to join the military then you will join the military. Although while i'm in the military, You should still be a peasant. One day i shall save your child, but not while i'm untrained and this fortress unprotected.

OOC

IC
I am the youngest of four, two brothers and one sister.
Well it was a less than pleasant surprise for myself, that the boisterous doctor would be my uncle, but family is family and I thank you earnestly for your offer to save Mafol, but I fear the day we meet again she will no longer be mine to call daughter. I would take up arms if it is required of me, I don't intend to lose another member of my family to the goblins. But I would caution you that we all have our places in life, and it would be a waste to lose a lifetime of doctoring experience.

OOC
Yep, but since I had this info I figure I could use it to form some sort of relation with my fellow non-noble, I said it didn't matter. Besides it is only a throwaway mention. Would assume you can pray to the gods but, meh.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:17:09 am by Cain12 »

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 24, 2013, 11:22:22 am »

Hey, just though of a question that I figure I should ask while I'm here. Though the rules on divines specify the gods may only talk to their prophet directly, are we allowed to pray to them? It would have to be a one-way conversation (unless the prophet acted to answer on their behalf), but surely we are allowed beg their assistance in times of stress anyway, right?  I assume these prayers would also be subject to the "send copy to the GM" rule, of course.

Alternatively, we could just ask the prophets to speak to the gods on our behalf, which would ensure the prophets have an important role, so I suppose either way works fine.
Absolutely, you need to exercise moderation though, as I can imagine some divines may get particularly upset if they receive 300 PMs a day :).  Of course our glacial pace makes this unlikely, but you know, just a warning. We may call it game, some will call is spam.

Also prophet role is quite important anyway, as he is the only guy who can notify us of the incoming disaster, or about the possible bonus. Or he can just use divine authority to reap benefits for himself.  There can even be impostor prophets, with all due consequences.

EDIT: Neblime you should change the player summary adding me and domas to cain's family and cain to my family.
Sorry, uncle/nephew is not close enough relationship to convey any legal consequences. You can add it to your profile though for RP reasons.

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 24, 2013, 11:24:14 am »

IC

OOC

IC
I am the youngest of four, two brothers and one sister.
Well it was a less than pleasant surprise for myself, that the boisterous doctor would be my uncle, but family is family and I thank you earnestly for your offer to save Mafol, but I fear the day we meet again she will no longer be mine to call daughter. I would take up arms if it is required of me, I don't intend to lose another member of my family to the goblins. But I would caution you that we all have our places in life, and it would be a waste to lose a lifetime of doctoring experience.

OOC
Yep, but since I had this info I figure I could use it to form some sort of relation with my fellow non-noble, I said it didn't matter. Besides it is only a throwaway mention. Would assume you can pray to the gods but, meh.
IC

Hah! This doctoring experience will not be gone, I shall use that experience to heal my comrades in battle! You may call me a medic axedwarf. I shall try to protect your sisters so you wouldn't be sad. One day these goblins will come back and i shall kill them, but it'll take a while for them to come back. There is no time to mourn, I need to get back to training meanwhile you should work like you always do.

OOC

Like teledwarf said, I'll go update my profile.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60