Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 85246 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #255 on: December 24, 2013, 11:56:00 am »

OOC

Like teledwarf said, I'll go update my profile.
IC
If you say so, goodbye and I hope your training goes well, for my sake as much as yours.
OOC
Will do the same. Only Cain himself is present, sister and brothers are god knows where.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:57:56 am by Cain12 »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 24, 2013, 12:12:43 pm »

Name: Dwarf4explosive Brassdelights
Influence: 10
Mentionable: Ast Carnalpost (husband), Cilob Blockaderift, Meng Ironman, Zon Roughcat and Dastot Taughtbolted (children)
Personal Possessions: None
Worships: Datan, Dasel, Kidet
Likes: Explosions, magma, lightning for it's uses in mad science, stories
Dislikes: Sanity, goblins, fluffy wamblers
Values: "Creativity", aesthetic sense, rationality
Respects: Engineers and other intellectuals
Other: She appears to have been a former member of two civs. Possible vampire?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 24, 2013, 12:27:07 pm »

Mentionable: Ast Carnalpost (husband), Cilob Blockaderift, Meng Ironman, Zon Roughcat and Dastot Taughtbolted (children)

I doubt that she's a vampire. While we have no proof that she isn't a vampire, two civs don't really indicate much, unless the world is rather young. I would be more worried if she had 4 or 5. Either way, I will eye her with suspicion, if only because she dislikes sanity, which seems dangerous on a council member.

Edit: Should the other council members take up specific jobs? According to the OP, Tele is visonary/expedition leader, Neblime is political advisor/historian, and I'm Landmark Commissioner. What were the other proposed titles? I'm not saying everyone has to, but it may help fill some gaps if the existing council members picked a specific RP duty. Or am I over-thinking this again?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 12:35:29 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 24, 2013, 12:30:01 pm »

I doubt that she's a vampire. While we have no proof that she isn't a vampire, two civs don't really indicate much, unless the world is rather young. I would be more worried if she had 4 or 5. Either way, I will eye her with suspicion, if only because she dislikes sanity, which seems dangerous on a council member.
If she is a vampire, i hope my char will get to execute her >:D

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 24, 2013, 12:39:08 pm »

If she is a vampire, i hope my char will get to execute her >:D

I should hope we could collectively work out an execution method that pleases everyone, or perhaps make use of this hypothetical vampire. Depending on it's crimes, we may be able to show it some leniency, or publicly execute it. We'll know when it happens, I'm sure.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 24, 2013, 12:57:20 pm »

I should hope we could collectively work out an execution method that pleases everyone, or perhaps make use of this hypothetical vampire. Depending on it's crimes, we may be able to show it some leniency, or publicly execute it. We'll know when it happens, I'm sure.

Or we can build a tall tower with windows and defenestrate most unpopular dwarf every 5 or 10  years :)

ColdBones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 24, 2013, 12:59:07 pm »

ColBones Character Sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 24, 2013, 02:03:45 pm »

Happy and Merry christmas everyone! We should have a christmas scenario at dwarf fortress, Like it would be armokmas or something like that.
EDIT: I'm trying to invite a friend into this thread, I asked him to get a dwarf and more specifically: Domas. He doesn't really know much about dwarf fortress but i get the feeling he'll learn what the hell we will talk about in this thread. Cain, Prepare to get ordered around by 2 PCS!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 03:22:32 pm by Hahayeah »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 24, 2013, 03:36:24 pm »

Happy and Merry christmas everyone! We should have a christmas scenario at dwarf fortress, Like it would be armokmas or something like that.

If you mean in game, then I would (unfortunately) have to say that doesn't make any sense thematically. If you mean the forums, then I suppose a thread could be made somewhere in general discussions. Besides who needs armokmas when you can have Goblin Christmas*! Where Goblins come with so many gifts (such as sets of Goblinite armour, and daggers), after so kindly walking into your traps to deliver them to your door.

*Name is misnomer, Goblins are so generous they simply cant wait til winter, and may drop by year round.

But this is all besides the point for me, as I still have one sleep before Christmas Morning anyway, but Merry Christmas anyway, and a Happy New Year  :).

EDIT: I'm trying to invite a friend into this thread, I asked him to get a dwarf and more specifically: Domas. He doesn't really know much about dwarf fortress but i get the feeling he'll learn what the hell we will talk about in this thread. Cain, Prepare to get ordered around by 2 PCS!

I am glad to have another player, but I sincerely doubt Cain is so weak-willed as to let you order him around. Your only his uncle (right?), after all.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 24, 2013, 03:43:00 pm »

Merry Christmas then, still a bit early to say that here but, meh.
In regards to vampires, killing them would be a waste, unless we make a spectacle about it, we could make a well of unlife, keep it locked up, and use to to damn people to an eternally trapped behind the walls or underground, or similar unpleasant fate. Of course I don't expect that be done but if we are killing them lets be positively fancy about it.

Kero is correct, Cain is a grown man who will tolerate the both of you as you are family but don't expect him to bend to the will of two people he just met regardless of how they are related to him. At best he is worried for your safety but you remain unknown to him.

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 24, 2013, 03:52:34 pm »

If you mean in game, then I would (unfortunately) have to say that doesn't make any sense thematically. If you mean the forums, then I suppose a thread could be made somewhere in general discussions. Besides who needs armokmas when you can have Goblin Christmas*! Where Goblins come with so many gifts (such as sets of Goblinite armour, and daggers), after so kindly walking into your traps to deliver them to your door.

*Name is misnomer, Goblins are so generous they simply cant wait til winter, and may drop by year round.

But this is all besides the point for me, as I still have one sleep before Christmas Morning anyway, but Merry Christmas anyway, and a Happy New Year  :).

I know i said it on christmas eve which was a bit early, but i still wanted to say it. Also about the armokmas, Idk how teledwarf would be able to pull it off but i believe it should be celebrated by killing welcoming future goblins and taking their stuff getting gifts from them as they writhe in agony cheer happily.
Kero is correct, Cain is a grown man who will tolerate the both of you as you are family but don't expect him to bend to the will of two people he just met regardless of how they are related to him. At best he is worried for your safety but you remain unknown to him.
Because of the death of your wife and kidnapping of your child, I think that you should have atleast been mentally affected if not physically. Since we don't know shit about if your mother or father are alive, We're the only older family you have. You'll need advice eventually on how  to get through life without your child and wife. Thus you will need to get ordered around accept our advice no matter how stupid it sounds. But you can negate this idea completely.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 24, 2013, 04:05:19 pm »

OOC:
Blood feud imminent? Oh goodies :)

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 24, 2013, 04:09:31 pm »

Blood for the Blood god Armok!
EDIT: What would be awesome: A status update from teledwarf cause i haven't seen those in a while. Don't tell me that there's nothing going on cause there's always Death of goblins, Agony of others, Suffering of dwarves and misery and pain of insane ones FUN in dwarf fortress.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:16:11 pm by Hahayeah »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 24, 2013, 04:21:48 pm »

I'm sure he would be a bit wrong in the head, been mostly making it to the point of fearing large bodies of water, wanting a bloody death for all goblins, maybe going a little nuts and "adopting" a child (that one is probably a bit much), and being desperate not to lose who he has left, which is why he was opposed to Zargoth leaving his spot as a doctor to get himself killed, he doesn't want to lose him even if they are practically strangers, and if Cain joins the army it will be so he can try to keep the old man alive.

Besides family or no, you are still just some old codger who remained hidden until now, appears to want to throw his life away and demands respect he has not earned.

Your free to offer advice order Cain about, and he will hear it, just don't expect him to fall immediately to whatever nonsense Zargoth has to say.
Oh, a blood feud could be fun. :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:24:30 pm by Cain12 »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 24, 2013, 04:36:18 pm »

OOC:
Blood feud imminent? Oh goodies :)

One should hope so, my mouth waters at the idea of watching the commoners fight, *)

Though preferably from a safe distance  :P.

And I too wonder how our fair settlement bodes. Do make sure to tell us when the next years starts, yes? I have plans (regarding Kerods house) that I would like to propose, and would like a time of relative safety at which to suggest them, after working out a suitable blueprint.

EDIT: How big are the houses allowed to be? I just realized what I have planned is less a manor and more a medium sized house. I suppose Kerod is the sort that prefers a simplistic little retreat from the bustle of the town hall, but I may try to make it slightly bigger. Maybe build servant quarters in the basement, for a chef to cook the food brought in by the haulers? Or maybe a smaller, separate home for the staff. Ah, back to the drawing board...  :).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:37:59 pm by kero42 »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60