Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122627 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Confirming! [13/13]
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2013, 10:34:00 pm »

As of about five minutes ago, yes, everyone is confirmed.  Look to start in the AM- D1 will run to Friday night.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2013, 10:47:34 pm »

Two quick reminders:

This is an open setup.  The rules for what roles may exist (and how they are determined) can be found right here.

This game uses an experimental extension system.  Each player has one extension they may use at any time to extend the game day by 24 hours.  To use an extension, a player must post "Playername: Extend" on its own line.  Dead players may not extend.  Shorten requests are by vote as usual, and require at least 51% of players to agree, and will end the day as soon as I can process the day end.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2013, 10:57:27 pm »

What happens if a player extends and everyone else votes to shorten.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2013, 11:05:46 pm »

Hmm.

I'll probably see if the shorten will actually pass first, counting the extend as an opposed shorten vote.  If the shorten passes before the extension time is actually used, I won't count it against the player.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2013, 10:43:40 am »

The mob was causing a fuss
The mayor run over by a bus
  They stole all the money
  Even kicked them a bunny
And now they are making us cuss

Eventually the people said "That's it!
We are making the mafia quit!"
  So they formed up a lynch
  Mob to try and quench
The mafia before they could hit

You thirteen are each a prime suspect
For each is a Mafia prospect
  So each day pick one
  We'll beat him till he's done
And we won't let them misdirect

Day 1 has begun!

Day 1 will last until Friday, 1/3/14 at 11 PM EST.

Note:  This is a bit longer than usual because of the new year.

And no, you don't have to post in limerick form.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2013, 10:44:56 am »

Note:  I mostly used the suggested PM format in the gametype's page, though I did edit a few a bit.  I did not change the Town wincon, which is as follows:

Quote from: Town Wincon
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2013, 11:20:42 am »

The Mod tells us now, "The game is afoot!
The Mafia scum we must finally root
   Out from our Town,
   They're holding us down,
No longer shall we abide by the boot!"

Man, limericks is hard work...

So... *randomizes list, picks top two*

Urist Imiknorris: Tea or coffee? Hot or cold? Dairy and sugar, or plain black?

TheDarkStar: You find a two dollar bill on the sidewalk. What do you do with it?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2013, 11:34:19 am »

Note:  I mostly used the suggested PM format in the gametype's page, though I did edit a few a bit.  I did not change the Town wincon, which is as follows:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

That is the most interesting wincon caveat I've ever seen, Toaster.  ???
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2013, 11:38:09 am »

TheDarkStar: You find a two dollar bill on the sidewalk. What do you do with it?

I bring it to a collector and get more than 2 dollars out of it. There's no way to figure out who dropped it, since there are so many people.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2013, 11:41:40 am »

I have a few questions of my own.

Elephant Parade: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Pufferfish: What kind of seafood do you like, other than the pufferfish?

Caz:/b] If you were scum, which two people from this mafia round would you want on your team?

SuperBlackCat: Would you rather live in an extremely hot area (desert) or an extremely cold area (tundra).

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2013, 11:43:02 am »

I have a few questions of my own.

Elephant Parade: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Pufferfish: What kind of seafood do you like, other than the pufferfish?

Caz: If you were scum, which two people from this mafia round would you want on your team?

SuperBlackCat: Would you rather live in an extremely hot area (desert) or an extremely cold area (tundra).

(fixed the missing [)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2013, 11:57:25 am »

...Caveat? We've an SK and a mafia team at hand as mentioned in the setup. I fail to see any caveat at this. :V
*checks dictionary*
Yeah.

TDS/Persus/makeinu: Why do none of your questions (other than only one of TDS') have any content related to Limerick Mafia?

TDS: You only ask Caz a single important question, and nobody else? Why the favoritism?

Superblackcat: What's your impression on the open-setup of this game? How will it affect your planning if you're town (ie visible roles).

Imperial Guardsman: Welcome back! Nice to see you again..after stuff happened and you disappeared from the earth :(
Anyway, how will you judge the common scumtell--are you going to give leeway and question the accused first, or directly vote and attack? Why, on either?

Caz: Hiya! I'm curious about how yer mind works given...our past experiences. Tell me, if you were the SK--how would you prioritize targets? In order of scumminess, in how their day game works, or something else?

PFP - working at the moment on stuffs

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2013, 12:06:33 pm »

TDS/Persus/makeinu: Why do none of your questions (other than only one of TDS') have any content related to Limerick Mafia?

TDS: You only ask Caz a single important question, and nobody else? Why the favoritism?

I asked them all random questions. But, since you requested it:

Tiruin: If you were a town tracker, who would you follow: The guy that people suspect, the guy who does not seem to be doing anything, or the guy that suspects you?

NativeForeigner: If you were a mafia goon, would you go for the experienced people or the new ones first?

Persus13: As scum, if someone suspects you night 1, would you kill them first, or would you kill the guy who you think is a tracker/role cop/gunsmith who could prove you scum?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2013, 12:09:49 pm »

...Caveat? We've an SK and a mafia team at hand as mentioned in the setup. I fail to see any caveat at this. :V
*checks dictionary*
Yeah.

*hands Tiruin a different dictionary*

caveat |ˈkavēˌät, ˈkäv-|
noun
a warning or proviso of specific stipulations, conditions, or limitations.

Seems to be a rather apt definition to me. *puzzles* Waitaminnit...

*reads over thread to date, re-reads over JK9++ setup*

This is an open setup.  The rules for what roles may exist (and how they are determined) can be found right here.

You seem awfully certain that there is a serial killer, Tiruin. Insider knowledge, I'd warrant.

Tiruin, arbiter of The Proper Question, ladies and gentlemen, and refined persons not meeting either of those categories.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2013, 12:55:54 pm »

TDS: Good question. I don't know. I'm fine where I am.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 57