Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 62

Author Topic: Mafia Setup Discussion and Review  (Read 226479 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Setup Discussion and Review
« Reply #450 on: November 29, 2015, 11:28:52 pm »

The jester will probably make something bad happen if he's lynched, I don't want it to be an insta lose because that is no fun but maybe something about loosing your vote or jester gets to kill someone who voted for him or something like that.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 29, 2015, 11:54:31 pm »

If the jester got to kill someone who voted for him, that would be pointless for the jester as an ability because the jester's already one.

But yeah, if the last person to vote him/her lost his/her vote or died that could work.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 30, 2015, 06:59:16 am »

You could try a town or SK-aligned jester - instead of killing someone who votes for him, he could have some other thing, like a one-shot invest (that everyone knows the results of) or a roleblock or mass-roleblock, that only works on the night after he dies.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 30, 2015, 11:17:21 pm »

Perhaps you could have a team of 2 jesters that only win if both of them die.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 01, 2015, 09:09:37 am »

Interesting possibility- would they get a quick topic?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 01, 2015, 11:01:36 am »

Perhaps you could have a team of 2 jesters that only win if both of them die.
Oooooooh.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 01, 2015, 11:52:37 am »

No, especially if I give them the power to make the other person night immune, unless both of them try this trick.  Also I could give them a roleblock/1 day vote loss after they are lynched.  This is in addition to the power to visit people.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 16, 2015, 01:43:29 am »

I have this idea of a mafia variant where everyone is allowed only 4 posts per day, and each Mafia is allowed 4 posts in scumchat. I'm not sure how much this will affect the dynamic of play but I assume it will do so greatly, so does anyone have any ideas on any balancing I might need?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 16, 2015, 06:56:12 am »

I don't have any specific ideas, but you might want to have shorten the days since people will have much less to say.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 16, 2015, 06:57:12 am »

From looking at Mafia Wiki I discovered this is already a common gimmick. Which people don't like. Oh well.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 16, 2015, 07:13:49 am »

Twitter Mafia had an interesting restriction, though it was a pain in the rear end usually. Was a fun game, but I'm likely biased...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 16, 2015, 11:40:30 pm »

I have an interesting(in my opinion) idea for a mafia game.

In the game, themed around a school of battle magic:
There are 3 town power roles, 2 scum with shotted powers, and 4 basically vanilla townies.

What sets this game aside from the others is Elements:
Each player is assigned a single element(pyromancy, geomancy, electromancy).

When a kill is made, it has a specific way it shows up once the day comes(as in, the corpse has been burned/appears to have received electrical burn marks/looks bashed beyond belief).
The scum receive Elements also.

In addition to the lynch, the town gets a public element inspection decided via a secondary vote.

This can lead to interesting ways of confirming people as town(no kill has come as electricity, Toonyguy is electric element, he must not be scum).

Power roles:

Spoiler: Like So (click to show/hide)
Thoughts?
Generic Arms Race.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 17, 2015, 08:58:58 am »

Hmm, how will the scum be able to use the element shenanigans to their advantage?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 17, 2015, 09:18:17 am »

To start with, they have a shot at inferring the identity of the Thaumaturge based on whether or not he used his kill.

The Dark Elementalist can preform a kill without using his own element, and thus blame it on a townie that had that element publicly revealed or inspected by the Fell Inquisitor.

And- "Okay guys, we know that a fire user is scum!" That narrows down the scum, unless of course the Dark Elementalist used his power...
Or if the Thaumaturge was the one who did it...

The elements system may be of more benefit to the townies, but there are deceptions available by using it.

However, I see your point. Slight revision to the Dark Elementalist:

Dark Elementalist:
Once in the game you may make a night kill with an element of your choice rather than your own one.
Also once in the game, day or night, you may mark a player with an element of your choice. If they are element scanned in any way, the result will be the element you chose. Their role flip is not effected.
Generic Arms Race.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 18, 2015, 01:54:15 pm »

So i think I've got a great idea for a bastard game. Is there anybody who I could PM it to in order to critique it?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 62