Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Mainspring: Of Airships and Death: Airship Construction and Crew Sign-up Thread.  (Read 29555 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

A preview of my second design in progress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well... I guess that tells me your ship is going to have a cockpit?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

And four layers. Added second image, tells you more.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And four layers. Added second image, tells you more.
Ah. I see now. That layered armor-thingy looks nice, though it's probably going to weigh a lot. Still, I'm now slightly ashamed that the best I could come up with for walls is "A straight line. Because screw that, I want to put the cannons in already."
Isn't yellow decorative? What does it represent?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiled ceramic murals of the ocean-horizon.
The Cyan Menace

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Suggestion: The people who make the ships have to give them names.
Counter-suggestion: the people who read the stats have to read the first point in said stats (if that was directed at me, of course).
Not sure what you mean.
I was suggesting that the people who make the ships give them names. Bongolian Ultraprawn, Super Cannonship, some kind of moniker.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suggestion: The people who make the ships have to give them names.
Counter-suggestion: the people who read the stats have to read the first point in said stats (if that was directed at me, of course).
Not sure what you mean.
I was suggesting that the people who make the ships give them names. Bongolian Ultraprawn, Super Cannonship, some kind of moniker.
Not to seem rude, but the only ships submitted to this point are flabort's Iron Feather, Bronze Falcon, and Steel Rabbit, and my Souvara. They have names.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

They do? Missed that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Throwing some quick calculations using weight-so-far, I need 12 rear-engines to get up to Speed 1. Fortunately, my plans include 24 such engines, though adding in stuff like weapons and floors and internal walls and stuff will increase the weight further.

:P
We I need a "Megalith Engine", requires both clockwork and steam power, weight 400, cost 20,000, weight limit 2,000, top speed 3. If it gets made 2x4 grid sections, it would be slightly more space:weight:power-efficient than a Rear engine, and much, much worse cost:power-efficient. (.35 for Rear, .1 for Megalith)
The Cyan Menace

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They do? Missed that.
In retrospect, sorry about the sarcasm - three in the morning where I am. I'm not exactly running at optimal processing power.

Throwing some quick calculations using weight-so-far, I need 12 rear-engines to get up to Speed 1. Fortunately, my plans include 24 such engines, though adding in stuff like weapons and floors and internal walls and stuff will increase the weight further.

:P
We I need a "Megalith Engine", requires both clockwork and steam power, weight 400, cost 20,000, weight limit 2,000, top speed 3. If it gets made 2x4 grid sections, it would be slightly more space:weight:power-efficient than a Rear engine, and much, much worse cost:power-efficient. (.35 for Rear, .1 for Megalith)
Good God. We might as well rename this game to "Roll to be shot down by flabort's massive flying abomination" now.
*In his confusion, Avis doth flip yon table!*

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like to go really fast, or really massive. My first design reflects the on the former, and the second reflects on the latter. Also, redundant hover cores, because when I overbuild, I REALLY overbuild.
That said, if I get GM permission and balancing of the engine, the module design:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've thought about extra hovercores, but my general idea was conserving space, so I just had nowhere to stuff them (except on the roof, and that's just silly).

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, more previews of the Mega Huge ship. These preview are only valid (and the associated layer will be deleted if denied) if the Megalith Engine is approved.
Spoiler: Engine Layer (click to show/hide)
Edit: Obviously with this ship, conserving space is not a concern or issue :p
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:25:25 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

I have a question. Do the ram's mountings count as another hardened metal wall? And if they do, what happens if a single level of the ram is somehow destroyed?
I'm treating the ram itself as basically one massive object, to keep myself sane.

I'm finally done. Tell me if something's wrong, but here it is, for better or worse. I'll add the ammo and supplies later, after I'm sure I don't need to redo it.
Other than some of your walls are in front of the ram, it looks ok.

@flabort: Unfortunately for you, I'd rather not add new modules to the game. Sorry.

Also, you're insane.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good thing I made an extra layer in the likely case you said no.
Although, if you change your mind later, the module is already sprited in the same style, and roughly statted.  ;)

:P And what tipped you off? Was there ever any assumption my sanity was intact? THIS IS BAY12.  :P
The Cyan Menace

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Toaster has been added to the OP, we now have 5 complete crewmen.

:P And what tipped you off? Was there ever any assumption my sanity was intact? THIS IS BAY12.  :P
Don't even get me started.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14