Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 221352 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #270 on: January 25, 2014, 11:11:22 pm »

Did I not use the word alignments? I'm pretty sure I did. :P

My comment was addressed at the ongoing Good//Not Evil//Evil semantics argument up there.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 25, 2014, 11:13:59 pm »

...You did post in the right thread, right Leafsnail? O_o
I...the post above is pointed at your post..in the other thread.
Aaaand it's fixed. Thank you Meph!

There goes my playstyle of 'brevity'. Blegh. Returning to original playstyle...which is what I've been doing all along

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 25, 2014, 11:14:46 pm »

Makeinu: that's what I thought you were addressing it to, I just had to be sure you weren't t implying that it meant there was only mafia and town. A question for you: do you think that the alignments have any relevance or can be interacted with? Or do you think that the whole thing is intended to lead us off course from the actual game?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 25, 2014, 11:16:34 pm »

I've realized something: Why do any of the players have to be meteor summoners at all? Our entire goal could be stopping the meteor. Even Evil people want a world to live in (unless they are just suicidal).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 25, 2014, 11:18:58 pm »

I've realized something: Why do any of the players have to be meteor summoners at all? Our entire goal could be stopping the meteor. Even Evil people want a world to live in (unless they are just suicidal).
What purpose is the meteor, is the question. Given how it was called out-it can be assumed its for nefarious purposes.
Though, the teacher is kind enough to not say 'EVIL STUDENTS DID X/Y/Z'.

...I think he just proposed a count of geologist-course types and..said that. Why he'd say that?
Really, look back. Why? Now that I see it that way-it doesn't make sense.

He's held up because various circumstances. Then the class went kill crazy. >_>

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 25, 2014, 11:23:27 pm »

I'm aware all this is probably confusing to newer players, I'll write a clear and simple explanation of my theory after I've slept.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 25, 2014, 11:30:55 pm »

Makeinu: that's what I thought you were addressing it to, I just had to be sure you weren't t implying that it meant there was only mafia and town. A question for you: do you think that the alignments have any relevance or can be interacted with? Or do you think that the whole thing is intended to lead us off course from the actual game?

I'm not convinced that the alignments correspond at all necessarily to any factions at all. In fact, I'll wager that they don't, given that the only thing we're told is that if we're not told we're Evil, we're not Evil.

Note, we're not told that we are anything else, just that we are or are not Evil. Not Good, not even NQT is Good except in the flavor text. Not Neutral, not Lawful, not Chaotic, not Purple, not Dragon, not Orc. Just Evil. And if not told Evil, then not Evil.

Should we also read a bunch into the whole conversation part where killing the meteor summoners is suggested and rejected? I will say that I know for sure there are votes, which means that we are clearly meant to identify and eliminate some group of people, and I can't see that as being ant group but the meteor summoners. My guess is we're supposed to catch them and make them reverse the rock summoning. And my guess is that Evil is the identifying characteristic.

As for third-party stuff, win conditions, whatever, that's on each individual player obviously. Unless we've a psychopath that has to eat all our livers or some such.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 25, 2014, 11:34:00 pm »

I'm aware all this is probably confusing to newer players, I'll write a clear and simple explanation of my theory after I've slept.
I'm not confused so much as skeptical that what you said is the correct solution to the puzzle. You rely heavily on "why wouldn't he have said it outright" logic, at least in your current explanations. That question can easily be answered: because he isn't going to lead us to the solution. He will place false leads.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 25, 2014, 11:34:52 pm »

Bah. That should be any group, not ant group. Nice catch, autocorrect.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 25, 2014, 11:35:42 pm »

Preview is your friend.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 25, 2014, 11:38:00 pm »

...I feel like Webadict is laughing hard at what we're doing.

We're delving too deep before we know where to start.

Meaning: Assuming too much, perhaps?

On the matter: So I found myself philosophizing on meteors. These also have astral connotations (ie related to mages in tales old, also, astronomy.) They have a symbolic meaning: like..
Like that one comet in Avatar: The Legend of Aang. (yeah I lost modern references for people to relate with) x3
Or. How astronomers (not astrologers) put symbolical notion to what they viewed the skies and the stars as. Symbolisms, in short, would play a role later on.

I wonder if ability changes are expected
-snip-
Thinking too much and I'll just leave this out before I go away. >_>

As for now:
Extend.
7 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.
Yeah. I proposed for extension. :I

We're all speculating too much now.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 25, 2014, 11:39:15 pm »

I'm not confused so much as skeptical that what you said is the correct solution to the puzzle. You rely heavily on "why wouldn't he have said it outright" logic, at least in your current explanations. That question can easily be answered: because he isn't going to lead us to the solution. He will place false leads.
So you're claiming that webadict deliberately planted this as a false lead?  If you are then I want to see some supporting argumentation as to why he'd do that.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 25, 2014, 11:40:54 pm »

Meteor crashing into planet == everyone dead == bad. Therefore, Evil.

Go read the Plot-Conveyance Mandatory Reading, slackers!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 25, 2014, 11:41:29 pm »

So you're claiming that webadict deliberately planted this as a false lead?  If you are then I want to see some supporting argumentation as to why he'd do that.
Erm... This is bastard mod, the last time I checked. What's your evidence that everything he is ambiguous on means he's hiding something important.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 112