Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 173158 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1065 on: August 14, 2018, 07:57:15 am »

I prefer reds too. GF is the typical girly girl and is primarily interested in Rieslings, but that's just a bit too sweet for me.

There's a little bottle of Californian red at the wine monopoly that I've bought a few times. Not too expensive, little bit sweet but not sweet-sweet, and best of all... Screw-cap and recycle deposit on the bottle.

Still haven't learned to drink whiskey yet.

EDIT: Oh, I also found these little picnic wine pouches over at the monopoly. It's like a Capri Sun, but chardonnay. The novelty tickles me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1066 on: August 14, 2018, 08:02:03 am »

I just noticed the EU slapped tariffs against American whiskey just before I wanted to buy some bourbon

Guess no bourbon today

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 14, 2018, 08:52:04 am »

I just noticed the EU slapped tariffs against American whiskey just before I wanted to buy some bourbon

Guess no bourbon today

Drink Scotch instead, we're gonna need all the help we can get.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 14, 2018, 09:11:41 am »

First cheap soy, now cheap whiskey?  Maybe trade wars aren't so bad in very specific temporary ways, for me personally!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1069 on: August 14, 2018, 11:10:30 am »

And so begin the whisky whiskey wars

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 14, 2018, 12:20:03 pm »

I drink all kinds of wine. Wife likes sweet wine the most, tho. Oh, and apple cider, the real stuff.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 14, 2018, 12:40:53 pm »

I have a sweet spot for hard cider, heh.  I don't drink it much, because I'm still scared of getting diabetes, but that just makes it taste better when I have a little.

You can keep the sweet wines though :P  I like mine like my quality beers - dark, with strong tastes of anything but sugar.
The GINger ale last night was diet, as always!  And now I'm using tonic water, as is right and proper.

It tastes like stomach acid~
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 14, 2018, 01:03:09 pm »

I like my beers dark too. Ales and such are my preference.

I had one that was infused with espresso once, that was fantastic.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 14, 2018, 01:39:10 pm »

Had a "coconut porter" from Hooker last night. Hipster as fuck, but I actually quite liked it. Nice coffee grounds and coconut flavor, and the aroma was exactly what you'd expect.

Right, I'm thinking of heading to the pub tonight. It opens at 7 PM, but I'd just eaten dinner and wanted it to settle a little bit. Around 7:30 I was feeling goodish to go (it's always a struggle to convince myself to actually go somewhere and do something, especially if it involves interacting with humans), but GF had gone to the loo and I wanted to let her know where I was disappearing to.

It's now 8:38 PM. She clearly took her phone in with her.

EDIT: Managed to get away, although she was mightily and silently pissed with me both upon leaving and upon return. She seems to have come around a little bit now, after I talked shit about the other feminine patrons at the bar.

See, I thought it was going to be a nice and quiet Tuesday night at the pub in a country where people exclusively drink on the weekends... But oh no, it's Student Sponsor Week at the university, meaning that the newest batch of high school repentants has arrived and are being shown how to drink their livers out at all the watering holes within staggering distance of the university. I'm glad the shrink agreed that once a week was plenty for pubbing, because fuck going back into that morass while this is going on.

Jesus, had to listen to an 18-year-old and her 22-year companion (mostly the companion, because ha ha speaking for yourself) expound the virtues of the free market and marrying into wealth to the poor sap who dared initiate conversation with them, while I tried desperately to sip my dark ales in peace. Jesus in rags, that was as painful as it was entertaining.

Girl, uninterrupted: "So, what did you vote last election?" *Completely unrelated to the conversation prior
Poor fellow: "Err... What? You're joking."
Girl: "Come on! I have to know! What did you vote? Come on!"
Poor: "Well, to be honest, I delivered a vote of abstention. I didn't agree with any of the parties running."
Girl: "Oh, so you're one of those people who doesn't understand how things work? Seriously, you need to vote for one of the existing parties."
Girl2: "Yeah, you need to vote for one of the existing parties."
Poor: "Well okay, so what did you vote?"
Girl: "IT'S AN ANONYMOUS VOTE, I DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU."

Fuck me. At least the bar serves Yeti.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1074 on: August 14, 2018, 04:27:23 pm »

How do these people exist

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 14, 2018, 04:40:48 pm »

How do these people exist
"No, we can't talk about anything else. Politics and religion are the only things I know. I can't engage in any other kind of conversation."
"But they're not subjective topics. Politics is objectively based on scientific facts."
"I'm going to get bigger tits and a firm butt, and then I'm going to marry a rich guy who will take care of me and I'll do my nails every day. I'm working on it."

These are actual fucking quotes.

Damn it pub, I already had a reason to drink... You don't need to supply more.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 14, 2018, 05:10:30 pm »

Bearing in mind tbey’re youths. Youths (like to think they) know everything.

Though that “who did you vote for” “I didn’t’” “you have to vote for someone!” “who did you vote for then?” “fuck off I don’t have to tell you!” does lend credence to the person(s) involved just being idiots.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 14, 2018, 06:05:48 pm »

In unrelated news, both girls eventually revealed that they had in fact both voted Conservative Party, and were pretty much of the "Better dead than red!" mentality.

"I don't have flaws; I'm perfect!"
"Everybody buys what I'm selling. Everybody."
"I'm just a mild, softspoken girl. Everyone says so!" *Shouted across the barroom.

These people exist, and other people have sex with them... The circle of life is not beautiful, it is an anus.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1078 on: August 14, 2018, 06:10:54 pm »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 14, 2018, 06:14:51 pm »

Some people are only ridiculous insecure assholes when they are drunk. True Fact.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 141