Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339270 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #1845 on: February 04, 2015, 01:05:24 pm »

"Hey, I don't think anyone needs to get drunk to take their shirts off. If that was the case, drinks would sell even more and men of the cloth would never change clothes."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: February 04, 2015, 01:14:06 pm »

"Yeah, you're right."

Kat took a drink of the mead and very, very slightly shuddered. It was obvious she wasn't much of a drinker and was probably only doing it to fit in.

"So, um, the local priest says Titan is already here and the Defender is on his way. I'm not sure what to make of that, Van."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 04, 2015, 01:19:06 pm »

Slowly laid a hand against his face for a moment. He wasn't even sure what was going on right now, besides the fact some people were drinking.
"Right, right. Guess we will have to keep with our old weapons for now then. Make sure to not spend them too much, especially our healing staffs."
He moved his hand down as soon as Kat mentioned both Titan and Defender, tilting his head in confusion at that.
"That doesn't sound too logical. Why would both of them show up here? Do you think this has anything to do with the skeletons? And I think one God would be more than enough to handle the problem, no?"
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:21:10 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: February 04, 2015, 01:21:59 pm »

The liquor Lycan had ordered was something lighter and warmer he found fit for sipping just before heading to bed, though he noticed Kat's reaction.

"No need to drink it all. Even Van settled with some water." he said, before moving on to the next point of interest: "And gods, really? Anyone else around these parts talkin' about it?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 04, 2015, 01:23:49 pm »

: "Handle" in what sense?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: February 04, 2015, 01:26:10 pm »

Kat defiantly took another drink.

"Not that I've heard, though maybe we oughtta ask more priests. The one here wanted me to warn people anyway. Couldn't say why they're coming, though. Maybe it has something to do with the Gates?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 04, 2015, 01:34:17 pm »

"Maybe. Seems like since we took the first part of the key, many things had been happening. I just do hope they get rid of Adant, as I am not sure if we have the gear to face another swarm of skeletons."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: February 04, 2015, 01:43:10 pm »

Kat finished her drink.

"I know I don't want to fight another pack of 'em, that's for sure. I wish Adant hadn't gotten away, but at least we drove him off. We probably won't see anything out of him for awhile."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: February 04, 2015, 01:47:50 pm »

: Somehow I doubt the gods will get rid of them. Either because they can't or because they won't. All this Adant and the Gods business is getting suspicious.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: February 04, 2015, 01:52:27 pm »

Vandertz rubbed the back of his head and sighed at that.
"Yeah. Don't think it would be nice to deal with that again. And I have my doubts about not hearing from him in a while, we still have something he wants."
"Do you think the Gods brought Adant back to life or something? I am not sure why they would do that, especially because he is clearly insane and wanting to raise some undead army."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: February 04, 2015, 01:57:38 pm »

: Well, as far as I know, the dead don't just raise up to stretch their bones, and if I knew the motivations of the gods, I would be the wisest person alive.

: And if these gods didn't raise Adant, maybe something even worse did. Either way, we're clearly facing something powerful.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 04, 2015, 08:18:09 pm »

"Necromancers do exist. And if they are here because of the Gates, we are going to find out what they are up to one way or another."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: February 04, 2015, 11:39:58 pm »

"Hey, it's nice to meet someone else with a good head on their shoulders. Most people seem to think that all bandits are scum of the earth who should be hanged at the earliest opportunity. Personally I'm a bandit because I don't have much of a choice. Nowadays I've got too much of a temper to hold down a steady job and I haven't found any mercs who'd want to hire me either. Which sucks because being a bandit stinks worse than an outhouse in the summer."

"You're a freelancer, right? Imagine some of the worse conditions you've lived in and multiply that by a hundred. You're cold, you're hungry and your body is covered in lice. Add on top the fact that you're living with a desparate group of men and you're the only woman within miles and you'll have an inkling about what I've been through. The perks of the job definitely don't outweight the shit I've had to wade through, trust me."

"I'll be honest, I haven't experienced anything quite near to that. Though, it's fortunate that you're working with a mercenary group now, isn't it? You're definitely not cold, probably not hungry, and I'm fairly sure we outnumber the men. I haven't exactly counted." There was a slight pause. "Plus, that means no more pillaging, right? Though I don't imagine the guilt is probably what kept you up at night."

"Ah, regardless, we should probably start heading back, seeing as how the missing priest burst in here a second ago and then stormed off. I'd imagine he's heading back."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:44:47 pm by Gamerboy4life »
I need to put something interesting here.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 05, 2015, 07:28:22 am »

"Yeah, let's head back. It's getting pretty late and I was promised a bath at some point. We can always chat on the way." Unsurprisingly Kaarina goes to do just that, leaving the shop to head back to the tavern and rejoin the group.

"I have said that it's pretty nice being with everybody, haven't I? The only problem is that everybody is going to scatter to the four winds once it's over, so I'll have to enjoy it while I can. Who knows what'll happen after we're done, I certainly don't. And for the record, only stupid or desparate bandits pillage villages. It brings down the local lord and his troops on you and the stuff you get is usually too bulky to be worth taking. Exorting travellers and knocking off caravans is where it's at. Nobody cares enough about them to sick soldiers after you, unless they're nobles or something. Much safer and better than pillaging a village or two." Tactifully Kaarina doesn't mention whether she feels any guilt at night from her career.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: February 07, 2015, 11:21:44 pm »

"Some lords just don't care. When their subjects can't turn up their grain quotas or whatever else is required of them, many would rather sic their troops on the poor peasants themselves rather than the bandits."

"And... well, I don't think I see your group separating any time soon. It's actually rather surprising on just how pleasant everybody is to one another... you'd think mercenaries wouldn't get attached, it's a dangerous job after all." Maiya's steps halted in front of the tavern, and she turned to Kaarina, gesturing inside. "Want to bet that they're all still awake?"
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 309