Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339265 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #1860 on: February 08, 2015, 06:17:55 pm »

"Uhuh. Then those lords are backwards-facing, bat-eyed, donkey-eared sons of bastards. I'm a bandit and even I know that you don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. Even if they're just peasants that give you grain once a year. Any lord that acts like that deserves whatever happens to them in my opinion."

"I'd say it's our group now, but whatever. Personally I'm surprised that you wouldn't know how these things go, seeing as you're a freelancer. The more dangerous the job the greater the camaraderie. Something to do with trusting each other while in the middle of a fight, I'm not going to pretend that I know how it works. But it happens even among outlaws so I don't see why it wouldn't for mercenaries. Yeah people die, but that's life. You get over it and make new friends."

"Of course this also means that I'm going to have to reject this little bet of yours. It's not fair since I already know that they're still up and at it." Kaarina nods at Maiya as she opens the door to the tavern, stopping in the entranceway for a moment to survey the room and notice everybody still up. Before heading inside and joining everyone else Kaarina leans outside of the inn and says to Maiya, "See? Just like I said."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: February 09, 2015, 09:51:01 am »

"Welcome back. I think that's everyone except for the book-wielding people of the group. Those left somewhere along the way."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:57:48 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: February 09, 2015, 10:27:44 am »

"Whatever. It's not like we really needed them anyways. We'll do just fine without them," Kaarina replies. Unlike everybody else she doesn't care about Lycan prancing around without a shirt, and instead walks straight past him.

"There's a bath somewhere along this way, right?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: February 09, 2015, 11:04:37 am »

"Yah, down that way." Lycan replied, pointing the correct direction.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: February 12, 2015, 09:03:49 pm »

"Well, see ya." With nothing more to do and after downing the rest of his liquor, Lycan went to bed.
>Yes?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: February 16, 2015, 02:08:37 pm »

"Alright people, it is time to sleep. If we are really going to march towards the area they mentioned, we need to be in our best shape!"
===
And so the night passed, and while most of the living were sleeping...The undead were very awake working on their own plans. Adant really wasn't too far away from the area he escaped, taking shelter in a fortress his army took over to receive a guest.

Adant stepped back as soon as the other skeleton in robes moved into the fortress, mumbling something before finally speaking out loud and clear.
"Adant, you fool. You failed to recover part of the key, do you have any idea of how FURIOUS Rundum is at us? Maybe I should have sent Avalon in your place."
"I-It was not my fault! I swear, everything was going according to the plan until a group of mercenaries showed up, they weren't from Terrania! And even with my skeleton army, they named to break through and get the key!"
"Pathetic... even Bob does a better job than you. I am only going to provide you another chance, and you better not fail. Move to the other Region for now. I will send the troops to the towers, I don't need want to see ANY of those reactivated."
===

Chapter 5: Rotten Ground
Early in the morning the group was already forced to wake up, apparently the troops went out without waiting for them in an unexplained hurry. Their attempts to catch up with the troops was unsuccessful, especially because of the countless paths around the town, so for now they took the main path to reach the towers. It still took another four days to reach the area. And if it wasn't bad enough, they arrived during the night, it was already possible to hear the sounds of people screaming, blades slashing armor and flesh.

"We are close, and seems like they started the party without us, after all!"
Vandertz was the first one to move forward with his wyvern to see what was going on, only to suddenly stop and gesture to the rest of the group to stop as well.
"Dammit! We are late, there aren't many of them left! And we still need to reach for the towers."

===
The small group that was not too far away from the mercenaries didn't even notice their presence yet.
The Knight in the front pointed towards the towers before speaking in an annoyed tone. "This is it. It is only us against that army of zombies. We need to do our best to at least secure a few of those towers before they get their own casters in this area!"

Player's Turn

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:03:43 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: February 17, 2015, 03:29:07 am »

The Pegasus knight has her eyes closed. She seems morose.

"As much as I'd like to think otherwise, our death here is certain. While we may be superior in strength, skill and speed, the enemy vastly outnumbers us. We will survive for now, but eventually, given time, we will be overrun. I accept my mortality, but I am sad that I will not be able to accomplish what I came here for..."

Eventually, they open, looking to the sky, and she utters seven short words to herself.

"Mission confirmed... Chance of success... Zero percent."

After that, she turns to her Pegasus, stroking its mane.

"Come, Tear. Let us dance our final dance."

Whereupon they take to the sky, appearing no more than a small blue blur.
Almost instantly, however, they come plummeting back to the ground. Elend looks somewhat flustered.

"Everyone, there's a small unidentified group to the south! I'm not sure if they're human or undead from this distance, but if they're friendlies this could be our only hope of getting out of this place alive."
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: February 17, 2015, 08:59:22 am »

Kat to 6,19 and knife Rev4.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: February 17, 2015, 10:54:30 am »

"More of these to return to the grave!" Lycan then began to head in the direction Vandertz had spotted the other group, noticing them as well.

"Hey! We're the reinforcements so don't rush off and get yourselves killed!" he said after tossing spears at one of the nearby undead.

Move to 2,14 and Soliferrum Entombed 6.
Spoiler: Combat Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 01:41:28 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: February 17, 2015, 01:44:14 pm »

The Knight crossed his arms and groaned again.
"That is something really nice to say before confronting the enemy, a hell of a morale booster, isn't it? Even if we are going to die, we need to do our best here to at least delay their work."
The armored soldier was already moving forward to attack when he finally heard something worth his time.
"If there is ANY hope for us to get out of this place alive, we have to take the risks. Lets hope they don't get killed before reaching us...Or the opposite."

Kat versus Rev4: 111-52= 60 Hit Rate. Roll: 59, Hit!
20-10= 10!
Lycan versus Ento6: 88 Hit Rate. Roll: 18, Hit!
14 Damage!
Lycan attacks again!
70, Hit!
14 Damage!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: February 17, 2015, 01:54:48 pm »

: "Ach, looks ta be another grueling battle. At least we be out of that blasted desert this time."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: February 17, 2015, 01:59:39 pm »

"Seems like it. At least there are no archers around, or Adant."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: February 17, 2015, 02:06:54 pm »

"Be careful. There are a lot of them."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: February 18, 2015, 12:43:22 pm »

"We fought more than that before, we got this Kat."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: February 18, 2015, 02:21:58 pm »

"Well this looks like it's going to be plenty of fun."

Move to (1, 15). Hatchet Entombed 6.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 309