Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 4: Korean Invasion  (Read 26142 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Argue to Death!: Turn 2 is a go!
« Reply #240 on: March 09, 2014, 12:46:03 pm »

Zhen I meant to prepare for the assault not to go all in.

Oh well.

Send for help around the Latin American world to help stop the civil war. If we lose the continent's stability will be
Burned away in drug influenced civil war.

Secretly contact the Russians and offer them to have bases in Brazil. Make it clear
That the u.s still has resources and land to conquer. With bases they can be a power in this part of the world.

Fly to Mexico to the capital asking for assistance personally. Offer them a tribute for the next 10 years if needed.

Start martial law and curfews whenever needed to nip this civil war business in the bud. Send the full weight of the military immediately.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:25:47 pm by 3man75 »

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 09, 2014, 04:21:23 pm »

The Vatican
  • announce the creation of a papal emergency fund and ask for donations from catholic people and churches to help the Australians and Americans effected by the nuclear disaster
  • send Australia a piece of the true cross and give them special permission to sell it
  • continue expanding the new papal military forces and call on catholic veterans to lead them
  • leave 500 Papal solders in Ireland providing aid to the populace send 1500 and the remaining 4000 to the USA to provide aid to the citizens also bring the spear of destiny it may be usefull
  • call all world leaders to show mercy and forgiveness towards the Americans and ask them not to seek revenge the men responsible are dead
  • Grant the Us survivors the protection of the catholic church and declare the US sacrosanct
Spoiler: secret Vatican voodoo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:14:12 pm by sackhead »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 09, 2014, 04:29:27 pm »

Is it too late to join?

If not, I have dibs on Japan, with a nice set of pink and navy stripes, or, barring that, pink.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 09, 2014, 04:32:13 pm »

Is it too late to join?

If not, I have dibs on Japan, with a nice set of pink and navy stripes, or, barring that, pink.

I think japan is taken. GM?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2014, 04:32:58 pm »

Luckily, my country doesn't have any catholics. We're all Seventh Day Hoppists.

Also check the bloody map ya gits, Japan's not taken.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2014, 06:50:05 pm »

The Islamic Republic of Iran
Foreign Policy
Well let's see here, let's a take a note from the 9/11 playbook: Iran offers "deep regret and sympathy with the victims" in both countries. Iran will note that the American government had appeared to be increasingly irrational, and suggests that a hardline faction had taken over (this allows justification of sympathy among Iranians with a subtle dig at US policy); meaning that the now rudderless US must be helped, as likely the ones responsible are all dead ((This isn't strictly true, more below)). Iran will even go on a limb and ask the UN establish a commission for investigation and aid of the twin nuclear strikes. ((It would certainly be a great help to get a pro-Iran government going over there)).

Iran replies that it would like to hear more about Israel's proposal, stating in the mean time that any and all negotiations with Israel be kept sub rosa.
Domestic Policy
In line with previous actions, ensure that victims everywhere are duly honored (Iran hates the US government, not the US. Not that you would know from what we say). Meanwhile, break off nuclear negotiations, as the other countries clearly are more concerned with their own stuff and won't ever come to an agreement, or care if we speed along.
Speed Nuclear program along, ignoring distracted the distracted UN.
Announce new economic measures aimed at diversifying the economy away from oil.

((Sheb, I know you want to fuck with him, but it's not strictly true. Obama could probably order the nuking of Florida and get away with at least half of the nukes reaching their targets. The President is that Commander-in-Chief and thus head of the army, and thus direct control over the US nuclear arsenal, although it could be ordered by a subordinate.

In addition, America has a very, very thorough COG (Continuity of Government) plan. While the president is the head, there are a lot of people who can take it up below him: Basically every single dept. head there is can become president - from the Secretary of Labor to the Secretary of Education to the Attorney General - and many of them are constantly traveling around the country. Senators and Representatives also frequently travel. It's campaign season right now, so many of them are home. Not to mention the nuclear-proofed bunkers literally everywhere. It would suck, and leave a temporary power vacuum, but the US government would still be a thing. Probably for some new player.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:08:44 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2014, 12:17:46 am »

Germany

Foreign Affairs/Diplomacy
  • Negotiate with Poland for military access through their country to the Ukraine - Germany wants to support the Ukrainians as well.
  • Make the New Way deal with Poland - connect our rail systems to easily transport troops from Germany to the Frontlines.
I will allow both of these. And help with the second.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2014, 02:48:21 am »

((misko, I know, although IRL you have other checks and balance on the President's power that aren't in game, since it's assumed he got perfect control over all branches of government. Anyway, there is probably a successor somewhere, but let us say that the whole situation is a mess and it will take some time to sort out. And who knows if potential successors won't be murdered in the meantime to leave room for someone who is pro-Iran/Russia/Australia/China/Luxembourg? Sounds like a mission for JCVD there :p))

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2014, 12:17:33 pm »

((So can I get Japan or what? This game looks neat.))
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2014, 08:47:45 am »

Yeah, sure. I'll update tomorrow, but before I have one question to ask you. Who do you think survived to take leadership of the US?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 11, 2014, 09:25:17 am »

Bill Nye.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2014, 09:44:35 am »

United States of Mexico

Internal Affairs
In light of recent economic success, stimulate growth by lowering taxes on small businesses, and close tax loopholes.
Begin research into more effective/efficient engines for cars and planes.
Begin production of the Avro Arrow, developing the plane further through use of modern composites and engines.
Raise public funds to aid US citizens who are escaping from the wreck that is the East Coast.
Expand ports/waterways to allow for greater trade in the Caribbean region.
Citing the successful healthcare systems of Europe and Canada, begin widespread healthcare reform and improvement of medical centers.
Foreign Affairs
Provide aid to both the USA and Australians affected by the nuclear bombings. Acknowledge the fact that in the absence of a US government (due to it having been wiped out), no one person can go to the International Court of Justice.
Raise awareness in the UN of Iran's speeding-up nuclear ambitions. Officially denounce.
Refuse tribute from Brazil. Immediately deploy special forces freed up from the Cartel conflict to aid with ending the Brazilian Civil War.
Meet with northern-latin american (eg. Colombia, Venezuela) and Caribbean nations. Suggest closer economic ties and increased trade between our countries.
Strongly support the resolution of reduced nuclear arsenals brought up by China. Raise the question of the US place upon the Security Council.
Classified:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:20:05 am by ansontan2000 »
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 11, 2014, 09:57:30 am »

Joe Biden.

Just 'cause it would be funny.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 11, 2014, 10:00:29 am »

B-but... Bill Nye the science guy!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 11, 2014, 10:12:57 am »

OOC: They *never* put all of the presidential succession candidates in the same city precisely to avoid this kind of situation.  Even in a situation where every politician needs to be in Washington, D.C., such as the State of the Union address, one Cabinet member eligible for the Presidency (referred to as the designated survivor) will always be ordered out to Podunk, Wyoming or somewhere else out of the way in complete secrecy.  In this instance, it's really your pick - everyone on the list except the Secretary of the Interior is eligible.  The Vice President, Speaker of the House, or President Pro Tempore of the Senate are the most likely candidates since this wasn't a situation in which everyone needed to be in Washington, as well.  Also, I'm not sure if we should go with the hilarity of President Biden or the horror of President Boehner. 

Also, sadly, Bill Nye is not a member of the U.S. government.

China Sends $1.5 Million in Relief Aid to Australia
Canberra - Sailors from the Chinese navy have been seen in Canberra, Sydney, and Darwin, but their presence today sparks not fear of invasion, but rather relief.  The arrival of the Kunlun Shan and Changbai Shan has been regarded by many as a part of China's "newer and friendlier" face, taking on a role that in older circumstances would have been an American one.  As the large amphibious transport docks have offloaded food and supplies, including anti-radiation treatments, to Australian docks and Australian workers, Chinese civilian officials have been seen offering their expertise to the recovery of survivors and construction of refugee facilities as well. 

Anti-Americanism on the Rise Worldwide
Seoul - Protests outside the USAG Yongsan have reached a fever pitch as anti-American protests here enter their third day.  Sparked by the American nuclear attack, these protests have been mirrored in Taipei and Okinawa.  Chinese officials have offered no comment on the ongoing situation in these American allies. 

Chinese Officials Warn Against North Korean Provocations
Beijing - Chinese officials today expressed "official regret" at the belligerent statements of their "North Korean brothers", deploring in particular the blame attributed by Pyongyang to South Korea for the unrelated American attack on Australia.  This is simply the latest in a growing disenchantment by China with the North Korean government, including multiple incidents in 2013 where North Korean authorities seized Chinese fishing boats and Chinese opposition to North Korean nuclear program.  With North Korean economy utterly dependent on trade with China, which encompasses over half of its imports and over 40% of its exports, any action by the Chinese government would likely devastate the fragile North Korean economy, but there has been little sign so far that these statements will result in any concrete action so long as it remains a war of words alone.

Spoiler: Chinese Orders, Turn 3 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:15:44 am by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23