Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 58

Author Topic: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 72; Game over man  (Read 46896 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 27
« Reply #390 on: June 28, 2014, 06:25:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 28, 2014, 06:50:42 pm »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 28, 2014, 08:38:18 pm »

I've been trying to avoid getting suspicious, as there's probably a perfectly legitimate reason for it, but I can't help noticing that this is the third turn in a row where it seems like NQT waited(at least waited until I had, anyway) for other people to post their turns first. Again, probably a perfectly legitimate reason(like, ya know, timing, or him wanting to double check any battle he's considering getting into), but still.

I still trust you, for the moment, NQT, in terms of your being honorable. I'm probably just paranoid.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE:

I vote every battle from now on comes with RP written out by one of the participants. And that's not just because the Siege of Utyug Ferma is going to be incredibly fierce and epic.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 29, 2014, 06:11:13 am »

Sorry, I'm not deliberately waiting--Lemon typically posts his turn updates when I'm asleep due to time zone difference (I'm GMT). In this case, if you check my posts, you'll see I've not posted anywhere on the forum in the last 24 hours (due to my busy social life). On my phone now but will post a turn soon as I can.

I agree about the RP idea...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 29, 2014, 05:19:51 pm »

Sorry for the delay

Spoiler: Turn 27 (click to show/hide)

Also, I meant to respond to this earlier:

Where is your talk of iron price now, warlord? Your forces hide behind the walls of your newly taken city, as it's inhabitants curse your name. You speak of taking our farmlands; yet you will nurture our harvest with the blood of your soldiers. Our armies swell with men from those very same farms, eager to prove their worth in glorious battle. Our ranks sit on your doorstep, while the nation prospers behind their watchful gaze. Time itself works against you, as every month that passes allows us to grow greater and recruit more eager young men to cut you apart. Do not presume that because the pig is fat, that is ripe for the slaughter; remember, instead, that the boar is wily and fierce enough to have more than it's share of the meal.

So tell me, warlord. Where is your talk of conquest now?

You wait and wait and wait, concentrating your forces in a tiny mountain pass. I doubt you will ever find enough men to take Utyug Ferma. Meanwhile my glorious forces sprout Green across the continent, razing villages and taking towns. We have lost but one unit in battle (Boysdbane, may we sing your name forever). Everywhere the blundering fools that run the other nations are outwitted and outmatched. You will not goad me to act before the time is ready. You say you are a boar, but they cook just as well on a spit...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 29, 2014, 05:33:52 pm »

We will see. Your forces may plunder what they might, but I have three strong allies at my back, and while your people flounder for resources, mine are awash with them, growing more plentiful with every day.

Speaking of which, warlord...what is your opinion on magecraft?

*cue evil laugh*
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 29, 2014, 05:43:23 pm »

EDIT: Lemon, are we allowed to let armies of other nations go past/through the tile one of your own is in unmolested, if both players agree?
Nope.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 29, 2014, 05:43:56 pm »

Your allies are in disarray, and they will follow the Boydinians into the dust, all their legacy in the colourful names they gave the cities I took from them.

Magecraft?! Wizards are mere conjurers of cheap tricks. They too bow before the might of the axe, pike and lance.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 29, 2014, 05:45:30 pm »

Just prodding RangerCado for his turn, would like to be able to get one done today while I still have access to a computer that can run flash.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 29, 2014, 05:47:58 pm »

Your allies are in disarray, and they will follow the Boydinians into the dust, all their legacy in the colourful names they gave the cities I took from them.

Magecraft?! Wizards are mere conjurers of cheap tricks. They too bow before the might of the axe, pike and lance.

Ah, but what of those who wield lance and magic with equal skill? You may find your forces left in tatters before too long, warlord.

And let me assure you; my army thus far has merely taken volunteers.

The draft begins tomorrow.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 29, 2014, 06:44:42 pm »

I didn't want to auto him, but I really wanted to get the turn today done while we still had time, and I did remember Ranger saying that he was busy preparing to leave, so I figured that he might now have time to get one in before he left.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 26
« Reply #401 on: June 29, 2014, 06:48:46 pm »

Turn 28
Spoiler: Turn 27 results (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Details (click to show/hide)
-----
Admin interface
Player interface
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:14:17 pm by lemon10 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanigo's Empire Game- Turn 28
« Reply #402 on: June 29, 2014, 06:58:40 pm »

Well, shit. That bodes poorly. No casualties for NQT. Granted, attacking someone on mountains wasn't the best idea, but...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 29, 2014, 07:11:19 pm »

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:34:42 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 29, 2014, 07:12:34 pm »

Yeah, that battle was a pretty terrible idea. You need a much better army to win a battle against a army with such a large defensive bonus. With both armies of near equal strength the outcome was clear.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 58