Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: MCM RTD Discussion Thread [SIGN UPS still open.]  (Read 2315 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MCM RTD Discussion Thread [SIGN UPS still open.]
« on: May 19, 2014, 04:24:53 pm »

This will be the discussion thread for the upcoming MCM RTD. I'm currently looking for players so i can kickstart this thing. Obviously some information will be given and the prologue. The rest of the information will be updated shortly after in the discussion thread.

MCM RTD Discussion thread

What kind of setting does the MCM rtd have?
The RTD will be set in a future universe which currently is at war between 6 major factions and a couple of small ones. I will use a D6 or D10 mostly and sometimes a D100. You are a part of a small mercenary group which made a name for themselves because of their success in seemingly impossible tasks.
There will be 5 players in this RTD, with a slight division of roles. There will be a pilot, squad leader and 3 soldiers. Everyone is nearly equal in their abilities to do tasks expect that the pilot will receive some additional starting skills in flying and the squad leader only is able to directly contact the commander whilst performing a mission.

Sign-up sheet
Here's the sign-up sheet, i will give example of one and below that in a spoiler will be the code which you can copy paste and use yourself. I will select the players based on their sheet.

Name: Example Sign-up
Age: 54 (People get quite old in this universe, ~200 years at an average.)
Notable Characteristics: Bionic Eye (Things that make your guy 'different', maybe he has 2 eye colors, or green hair, scar,etc.)
Class: Squad leader/Pilot/Soldier, pick one.
Starting Suit:  Rhino MT ( See below to see suit choices.)
Starting Skills: Pick 2 novice skills and 1 competent.
- Novice hacker
- Novice Technician
- Competent Sharpshooter
Bio: Example sign-up is a generic example of how one should fill in the sign-up sheet. (Story about your character, you don’t have to write out everything but just the things that you consider important. And i will ask some more info if necessary.)
Spoiler:  clean sheet (click to show/hide)

Skills

Spoiler: Skill levels (click to show/hide)

Starting Suits

Heavy suit : Rhino MT
Description :  The Rhino Mass Type is the most common suit of the Rhino Series. The design heavily favors armor hardware and software making it an excellent front line tank.
Slots: 3 Hardware slots, 1 Software slot.
Armor type: C
Suit bonus: Armor repair is twice as efficient.
Spoiler: Slot Layout (click to show/hide)

Medium suit : Eidolon-A
Description: The Eidolon-A is the most mobile of all the Eidolon variations. An additional set of thrusters give you increased manoeuvrability and slightly higher top speed than other thruster based suits.  Eidolon-A is the perfect suit for hit & run operations.
Slots: 2 Hardware slots, 2 Software slots.
Armor Type : B
Suit bonus: +2 to aim while moving.

Light suit: Wraith
Description: The Wraith suit is the close range utility stealth suit, capable of fulfilling functions such as field technician, infiltrator and scout. The broad software customization allows the user to adapt the suit to many situations before the battle, however combat ability takes a hit for this.
Slots: 1 Hardware slot, 3 software slots.
Armor Type : A
Suit bonus: Trinity OS, user is able to switch suit to 3 different types each with varying bonuses.
Set 1: +1 to hacking and assisted tracking, +10m to scanner range.
Set 2: Enables the user to shoot whilst cloaked.
Set 3: Able to intercept comm-lines and modify them.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:38:58 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MCM RTD Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 04:26:46 pm »

Just dropping it here atm.

Armor & slots explained

Besides your fleshy human structure you will be often shooting at armored vehicles or structures and as a player it would be nice to know the values, terms and other necessities involving armor so you can plan ahead of time.

The armor types

While armor plating differs from each other they all follow the same design or principle.

Picture incoming....

The drawing should be pretty clear. There are 3 main armor plating groups, A,B and C. A fits twice into B, B fits twice into C. There are groups beyond A but they are rarely used and often terms like 2A or 3C are used instead. 2 A means 2 x Type A plating,etc.

Why 3C and not just make a D class? Like i previously stated there are higher armor classes but they are used for extraordinary things like starships,buildings,etc. So not something that you really need know. The construction method is also important, They cannot simply add one gaint slab of armor to whatever thing they are making, it might hinder movement, weaker structure, thin layers in between plating. Lots of reasons why it wouldn’t be efficient for some structures and would be for others.

Armor Values

I cannot write out the exact values that armors have because it depends on what you are being bombarded with and what gun your opponent is using. I can say that it’s like rock-paper-scissors. You got ammo types like light,medium,heavy and beyond.

Light Ammo beats no armor and light armor
Medium Ammo beats medium armor and below
Heavy Ammo beats heavy armor and below
etc.

Then there are ammo variations, since the bullets can be made out of different materials or have a different structure. So hollow point medium ammo is highly effective against medium sized organics and below and still beats light armor, but it cannot penetrate medium armor as it normally would.

Modules

MCM will have an module based system as a means of customization.
Basically you get a suit/armor with the utmost basic system required for it to function and the starting gear, in the suit will be module slots which you can customize depending on the slot available.

There will be 2 kinds of module slots:
Hardware: Each armor has a set amount of hardware points which enable you to install additional functions like:
- Additional Armor Plating
- Targeting System
- Jet thrusters
- etc.

Software: They improve existing hardware modules.
For example
The additional plating hardware module C is connected with one hardware point B
The regenerative armor hardware module B is connected with Software Point A
You can augment C by uploading software into A which aids B.

So you upload the the following software:
Nanite Armor intensifiers
This software is made for the Regenerative armor module.
If you add it, it will boost the intensity and thus the strength of the armor it’s repairing. You can also add the software to the Regenerative armor without having the armor plating module, though there will be no effect as there is no armor to strengthen.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:33:59 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 04:27:30 pm »

The 6 Factions

The Terran Order

"Together we shall prosper, Together we shall be victorious, Together we shall be known as The Terran Order."
- Kaiser Wilhem

Faction Description

The first faction that arose in the universe and arguably the most powerful in terms of military power and amount. The TRO is a Stratocracy based nation ruled by lord emperor 'Kaiser Wilhelm', a man renown for his deeds which earned him the right to become the leader of the human race and the founder of The Terran Order.

Leader: Lord Emperor Kaiser Wilhelm of Mars, founder of TRO, god of mankind.

Main interest points of TRO

Military Service
There is no 'real' mandatory military service in TRO, however if you haven't done any military service then you are denied many rights opposed to those which did. So it's become natural to do military service unless you are physically or mentally incapable to do so.

Loyalty above all
TRO highly values loyalty above anything else. As a result if you upkeep your end of the bargain, you will be quickly known trough out TRO as a trustworthy person and thus get a lot of requests for the service that you provide. This also has a opposite effect. If you backstab TRO, you will become untrustworthy quickly and lose many potential clients without the use of a broker.

Advanced Projectile Warfare
TRO isn't the most technologically advanced faction, but they are by far the best in Projectile warfare. They have access to many great weapons and vehicles if you earn their trust but this can be used against you if they consider you hostile.

Xenophobes
TRO tries to have as little as possible contact with alien life for they don't trust them. They also see most alien life as a threat to mankind which must be eliminated to preserve mankind.

The Rebel Alliance

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion"
- Albert Camus

Faction Description

The second faction that came into existance. TRA is composed from the remnant rebels from the great civil war, deserters from the TRO and anyone that opposes the TRO. The rebels are truly free as they have no ruler, government or anything. While they have no central government, they compete with each other with displays for power. But when the call arises, all of the rebels are one to oppose the TRO.

Leader: None, instead they are composed of 13 'tribes' and other minor groups.

Main interest points of TRA

No law in here officer!
The lack of laws make the rebel grounds very easy with anything that might have been deemed illegal in other territories. They also buy pretty much everything of your hands, though be careful for they are good bargainers.

Master Smugglers
If anyone can smuggle something, then it can be anyone from the rebel faction. They have perfected the art of smuggling and their services in this specialty is highly demanded in the underworld.

Xenophobes

Technocrats
The nomads
Republic of Traders
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:07:33 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 04:27:57 pm »

Placeholder
Durrr..

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MCM RTD Discussion Thread ]] SIGN UPS HERE!!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 04:48:23 pm »

Hope this is allright. Just to be sure, what would you describe as heavy weapons, brawling and demolitions? Just so we're ont he same page. Also, what should I imagine with these suits? Because I want to make sure that I'll at least get to use my skills :P

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 05:10:31 pm »

I'll just go and write up a sheet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Question: Are Androids lore-compliant?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 07:20:10 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 06:11:52 pm »

Hope this is allright. Just to be sure, what would you describe as heavy weapons, brawling and demolitions? Just so we're ont he same page. Also, what should I imagine with these suits? Because I want to make sure that I'll at least get to use my skills :P

I believe i;ve added a picture of how i picture suits in my mind. See it as an metallic human shell which your guy controls, but stronger.. with more options!
Heavy weapons can stay as it is, see it as an allround skill. You are more knowledgeable about heavy weapons and are slightly better in using them than others.
Brawling would be catorized as close combat. While it can happen in many forms, it remains close combat.
Demolitions is fine.

I'll just go and write up a sheet.
Spoiler: wip (click to show/hide)

Question: Are Androids lore-compliant?

Pm me your idea, i often forget androids but i'm sure we can work something out.

Durrr..

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 11:20:30 pm »

Spoiler: Here's my entry (click to show/hide)

The 'long standing dynasty' can be a wealthy family living inside a nation or an actual noble family on a space habitat/planet, depending on how your universe works.

Can I have a parrot? Like, a parrot in power armor that nonchalantly sits on my shoulder while I'm fighting? My character's whole gimmick is that he is mute and casually communicates through body language and his bird when a tablet is not available.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:18:06 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 11:30:17 pm »

Reserving. Sheet incoming.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Fleshed character out.
EDIT2: Minor tweaks, upgraded bio.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:04:49 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 03:35:24 am »

Name: Vortex
Age: 70 (People get quite old in this universe, ~200 years at an average.)
Notable Characteristics: Bald head and two black eye and thick glasses (Things that make your guy 'different', maybe he has 2 eye colors, or green hair, scar,etc.)
Class: (the only postion left is squad leader but i dont want it can we like promote some one?) pilot
Starting Suit:  Wraith (See below to see suit choices.)
Starting Skills: Pick 2 novice skills and 1 competent.
- Novice gunner
- Novice Hacker
- Competent Technician
Bio: A little slim guy that like to tinker with stuff, he grew up scavenging parts and put them together to create stuff. Later he start messing with the cyber world. But this skill lead to a turn in his life .....
He got himself in trouble causing him to be on the run. He quickly learn to use gun and how to move around without attracting attention.  He got his hand on some wraith suit and that is how he end up here..

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:43:44 pm by Varee »
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 07:23:24 am »

Bio now written.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 01:41:39 am »

bump
Durrr..

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 07:31:25 pm »

(Bump!)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 10:54:06 pm »

We technically do have the required 5 people already. If one of the pilots would switch to squad leader, or switch to soldier and have one soldier become the leader. If nobody else wants to, I can do it, but I'll have to write a new character if I do, as my current one is too naïve to be a leader.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 12:45:38 am »

I don't believe my character would make a good leader as he is mute. However, since we have two pilots and we only need one, I think one of the pilots should switch since one of them has to switch anyway [or not play :(].
Pages: [1] 2